Start by marking “The Nitpicker's Guide for Next Generation Trekkers, Volume II” as Want to Read:
The Nitpicker's Guide for Next Generation Trekkers, Volume II

The Nitpicker's Guide for Next Generation Trekkers, Volume II (Nitpickers Guide Series)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  210 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
A follow-up to the first, best-selling Nitpicker's guide ferrets out the plot inconsistencies, scientific inaccuracies, and other foul-ups in the seventh, final season of the TV series, Star Trek: The Next Generation.
Published October 1st 1995 by Dell (first published November 1993)

Be the first to ask a question about The Nitpicker's Guide for Next Generation Trekkers, Volume II

Sheila
May 23, 2018 rated it liked it
I give 3 stars for the first half of the book because it covers the remaining episodes and the first movie of STNG. Very funny and very astute. But the rest of the book was tiresome where he reviewed all the episodes from the beginning of the show, which were already nit-picked in his first book commendably. I guess he felt he had to fine comb the nits. But most of it was a rehash and continuity errors - such as in one shot he’s holding the glass in the left hand and in the other shot he is hold ...more
Phillip
May 14, 2013 rated it liked it
This book has been a companion on my journey (like time!) as I did my TNG rewatch. It only goes through Generations, so here endeth this book's mission. I know some fans don't care for nitpicks, but I think this book does it with fan-ish love. We all have to be open to recognizing when mistakes are made! Sometimes we just have to shrug our shoulders or else come up with some fan reason. This book (2nd ed) has submissions from fans as well as the author covering all seven seasons (and a movie) of ...more
John Peel
Sep 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Okay, I admit it - I do myself what this book does - watch something and then pick at the plot failures. Or the strange glasses that keep refilling themselves when we're not watching them. But this book does it in a funny way, skewering the problems and making lots of jokes on the way. If you can't stand someone finding fault with a beloved show, then avoid this like the plague - otherwise, sit back, enjoy and have a good chuckle.
Daniel Kukwa
Sep 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: star-trek
I absolutely ADORED this book (updated to include TNG's seven year run & the film "Generations"). It points out some fascinating inconsistencies, goofs, and outrageous mistakes with great humour...and occasionally made me laugh until I cried. A book to give to those who think that "Star Trek" fans can be too po-faced and straight-laced for their own good. Some of them DO have a sense of humour...and this work of love proves it.
J.W. Braun
Dec 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite of Phil's Nitpicker's Guides. Phil listened to his fans when he put this together and used their contributions, and that effort pays off. And, unlike the Volume 1 book, this one covers the complete series as well as the first film (which is sort of the end of TNG the tv show in a way, since the movie was filmed right after series and features the Enterprise D). Overall, this far surpasses the first nitpicker's guide.
Will
Dec 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reference, joke-books
Next time you're watching a rerun of Star Trek TNG, follow along with this handy book, and you too can know how many times Data uses a contraction throughout a given episode! Four! Or, how Geordi knows when a bomb is planted by the Romulans! It used a molecular decay detonator!

Boner!
Abraham Ray
Jul 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi
a good book of star trek next generation shows!
André
Dec 07, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
Whoot! Another nitpicker's guide! And just as the others, it's great fun. Who would've thought that one could find so many errors in Star Trek? =)
Joy
Mar 02, 2014 rated it liked it
In a similar format to the first volume, this book explores the errors found in Star Trek The Next Generation. This book covers errors that were missed in the first volume and adds season 7.
Tracy
Nov 23, 2007 rated it it was amazing
I love both the Nitpickers Guides. I can't watch an episode now without remembering all the funny little insights I that I read about in these books, years ago.
Joy
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation Companion
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation Technical Manual
  • The Star Trek Encyclopedia
  • Ahistory: An Unauthorized History of the Doctor Who Universe
  • Where No One Has Gone Before: A History in Pictures (Star Trek: All)
  • The Klingon Dictionary
  • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Companion
  • Star Trek Star Fleet Technical Manual
  • Star Trek: Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise
  • Doctor Who: A Celebration: Two Decades Through Time and Space
  • Best Destiny (Star Trek)
  • Star Trek Compendium Rev/Ed
  • Deep Domain
  • Violations (Star Trek: Voyager #4)
  • Star Trek Star Charts: The Complete Atlas of Star Trek
  • The Mist (Star Trek: The Captain's Table, #3)
  • The Patrian Transgression
  • The World of Star Trek

Nitpickers Guide Series (2 books)
  • The Nitpicker's Guide for Next Generation Trekkers Volume 1