Start by marking “Not Suitable for Work (Anti-Belle #1)” as Want to Read:
Not Suitable for Work (Anti-Belle #1)

Not Suitable for Work

(Anti-Belle #1)

The competition is stiff. The stakes are high. And what happens on Halloween night is definitely not suitable for work.

Celeste Greene and Ben Addison didn’t realize the internship-to-hire opportunity was actually a contest, but neither of these talented web designers can afford to walk away.

After betrayal destroyed her fabulous life in New York City, Celeste moved home to
Published September 24th 2019 by Anti-Belle Books

To ask other readers questions about Not Suitable for Work, please sign up.
Skye McDonald Ben would be more than happy to go in-depth with you... on your, um, site. ;) <3…moreBen would be more than happy to go in-depth with you... on your, um, site. ;) <3(less)

Start your review of Not Suitable for Work (Anti-Belle #1)
JP
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, arc
5⭐️
OMG!! I loved this story. Right from the start I was pulled in and didn’t want to put it down. I liked the lead characters and could feel the sexual tension between them. The chemistry was yummy and I thought the romance was electric. And I’m am totally in love with Ben! He’s my new book boyfriend.
I loved that they worked together and there was a lot of competition going on. This was fun. It had tension, angst, silliness, and lots of romance.
This is a stand-alone and a HEA. I am definitely
Sarah Smith
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book...OMG this book! Okay, so I'm a romance junkie, and I can be super picky about what I like and let me tell you, Not Suitable For Work blew me away! I am a sucker for office romances between rivals and/or enemies, and that's exactly what Celeste and Ben are. The tension hits from the moment they meet and it's full throttle from then on.

I adored Celeste and felt for her immediately. Here she was this young professional reeling from a devastating work experience and a monumental heartbre
Jen | mamajustwantstoread
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was such a pleasant surprise! Skye was kind enough to send me a complimentary copy and I'm so glad she did! My favorite thing about NSFW you ask? COMMUNICATION. These characters literally "speak their truths" and it was so incredibly refreshing. Celeste and Ben were such a fun and super sexy couple. NSFW was steamy yet managed to be kind of sweet and emotional!
May 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 sweet stars

for this month's choice in my #buyreadreview Instagram Challenge

You are who you want to be. No one but you can define that. Trust your instincts. You know what's right for you.

This was such a sweet and wonderful read! I was in need of some sweet romance after binging on a lot of Fantasy these days. And this one was just perfect.

An enemies to lovers romance that has all the feels, Not Suitable for Work gives us Celeste Greene and Ben Addison, who didn’t realize the internship-t
Laurie
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Full review and excerpt available on my blog, Laurie Reads Romance.

I really enjoyed Skye McDonald's "Not Suitable for Work" and absolutely recommend it. The writing is very mature, especially for a debut novel, and I found it to be very easy to read. I've always loved both the enemies-to-lovers and workplace romance tropes, and this novel manages to capture both of those themes superbly.

I adored both main characters, especially Celeste, and found them both to be well-developed and incredibly lik
B.B. Swann
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
**EXCELLENT DEBUT ROMANCE**

All I can say about this book is.... WOW!!!! McDonald uses her glorious writing ability to create characters that are so real, so relatable, so desireable the reader can't help but become entangled in the drama! Celeste is the feisty go getter I love to root for in a story and Ben is the heart throb hottie that makes me go soft in the middle. The chemistry between them explodes across the pages splattering all the feels directly in your heart.

I could completely identi
Amelia Foster
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
While this is Skye McDonald’s debut release, it manages to have all the stellar craft abilities of a much more seasoned author and is an absolute delight to read. Granted I am mildly biased as I find Ms. McDonald to not simply be a brilliant writer, but also an amazing human. I am four-leaf-clover-at-the-end-of-a-rainbow level lucky to have my readerly world enhanced by knowing such fabulous authors.

You’ll thank me for introducing you to Ms. McDonald and her work. Guaranteed. I’ll take a dozen s
Nicole
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, romance, 2019
I received an advanced copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.

When Skye reached out to me to read her book, I was both flattered and excited! I love reviewing books and discovering new authors, and I'd already been trolling her Instagram for more news on her book when I saw in her bio she was releasing one. I'm pleased to report you need this book if you like contemporary romance/work place romances.

My favorite romance trope is, without a doubt, enemies to lovers. I have a slight
Randi (randi_reads)
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this enemies (at least on Celeste's part) to lover romance. Celeste is a character that you can really root for. She hasn't had it too easy since she left Nashville for NYC and only to return after a crappy ex-boyfriend helped her to sabotage her own career and then cheated on her. She needs this current job, but discovers on day one that it is only an intern to hire and there are two candidates, her and Ben. Only one of them will get the job and she is determined for it to be h ...more
Brooke
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not Suitable For Work introduces readers to the wild and wonderful world of the Anti-Belles. An Anti-Belle is "a woman whose strength and intelligence make her amazing." I don't know about you, but I could use more stories in my life with strong and intelligent women serving in the leading roles.

McDonald combines fearless female leads with hot romantic foils to lead to steamy stories with depth. A strong ensemble cast rounds out this workplace romance between two ambitious web designers (Celest
Mollie's Bookshelf
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-kindle
Thank you to the author for sending me a copy of NSFW in exchange for an honest review.

Ok, so I’m a little wreaked after finishing NSFW last night. I loved this book. It had amazing chemistry & steam factor but also a struggle from the heroine that I felt deep. I cried so hard while reading this book but also felt the absolute high of finding love.

It’s amazing how easily words can have an affect on someone, positively or negatively. Especially if you are struggling to find your worth and someone
angelareadsbooks
Sep 22, 2019 rated it liked it
One of my favorite things is connecting with authors. Skye McDonald reached out to me recently to read her newest release and debut Not Suitable For Work from her Anti-Belles series set in Nashville (clever series name right??). This book reminded me a lot of The Hating Game by Sally Thorne. I love a good workplace and enemies to lovers romance. Celeste and Ben are competing for the same job in a bit of an awkward position. They had great chemistry right away. I enjoyed this one but wish it had ...more
Jill Hart
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the sound of this book from reading the synopsis and it did not disappoint! Celeste and Ben end up in a competition for one spot in a job they both need. There's no room for friendship here, so Celeste makes it clear from the beginning that Ben best keep his distance. Unfortunately, fate has other plans for these two. Ahh, lucky for us readers this well-written novel is just as delicious as it sounds.
Anna Bendewald
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
An office rivalry that goes full throttle and never lets up. Skye has created a new genre---the Anti-Belles and I don't know if anyone can handle the regional star of mind as deftly, but I'd love to read them!!
ryen Lesli
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m in love with love, I can’t help it. Romance is my favorite world to get lost in. When I come across a new romance, I have this thing where I shove the book into one of two categories:

The first one is the romance book with a half-naked man sprawled across the cover under the tag line:

She was his...

The story’s always about some rich, arrogant man who either owns a multi-billion dollar company or is a hit man/mob boss/cocaine king. He shuns love...and shirts, apparently. Your heroine is alwa
aj buckaroo ✨
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: if u love enemies to lovers, friends to lovers, workplace romance, oH and Tangled by Emma Chase
“You know what I like about you, Ms. Greene?”
“What?”
“I’m not sure,” he murmured, but his soft, thoughtful tone made it sound very far from an insult.

Well well well, if it isn't my soft side I've been trying to ignore...
No need to deny that I have a thing for enemies to friends to lovers... I am obsessed with them. Add, great chemistry, career woman and a soft man... bam, you got me!
My mood throughout the book was: I am an independent woman who doesn't need a man, bUT god do I want a boyfrien
Alex (Gadget Girl 71)
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
For people who like a nice steamy romance that’s an easy read. That you can also pick up and put down without forgetting the story line, then this is a book for you.

I found while reading this book the description I have given it above is so true. As I had a lot of interruptions while reading this book. It had just enough sizzle and romance without going over the top.

Celeste Greene has moved back to her home town of Nashville, after her life in New York went so horribly wrong. Her so called boyfr
Chanon Celeste
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
*Thank you to Skye McDonald for providing this book in exchange for an honest review*

Not Suitable for Work follows the relationship between Celeste Greene and Ben Addison. Both showing up for the first day on their internship-to-hire opportunity, they quickly become work enemies when it's made clear only one of them will come out of this with a job. Even with sizzling chemistry, they both do their best to stay as far away as possible. But with chemistry like that, neither can avoid it for lo
Brandy Schratter
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Romance doing the important work

I one-clicked this book after seeing it mentioned on Twitter and learning it was a romance set in Nashville. As a former Nashville resident, I miss my adopted hometown every day and figured that even if I didn't like the book, it would be nice to revisit Music City.

I definitely got a chance to revisit some of the things I love about Nashville, but I also got a great story in the bargain. I appreciated how REAL this story was. Celeste and Ben aren't ridiculously we
Teresa
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was very pleasantly impressed with the free copy of this book that I was given by the author through Goodreads for an honest review. I have read a LOT of romance novels and this particular trope is one of my favorites- the main characters are adversaries and despite much conflict and angst (I love angst), they are strongly attracted and eventually act on it.

In this case, both Celeste and Ben have been badly burned by past relationships and are hesitant to trust again, especially Celeste. To ma
J.L. Peridot
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book made me cry. If you like sass, sexytime and heart-meltingly sweet heroes, get yourself a copy of this lovely office romance.

NSFW pits career-driven ice queen Celeste against cool and confident Benjamin. Rivals in a frustrating workplace arrangement, these two must navigate the rough waters of professionalism meets undeniable attraction meets a boatload of emotional baggage.

I wasn’t sure what to expect for the first third or so. Would this be a slow boil? Would it be a lighthearted romc
Find The Lost Bookshelf
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a lovely surprise!
I’m in love with love stories like this one and with a happy ending it couldn’t be more perfect!

So we meet Ben and Celeste (I love her name), two characters broken by their ex’s and who find each other in a competition to get a job position.

Celeste knows that there’s only way to make this work: they are enemies and nothing more.
But with time they find quite hard to ignore their building curiosity and attraction for each other and needless to say things get pretty hot!

Bu
Fadila Oum
Jan 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Not Suitable for Work is a great contemporary office romance, set in Nashville (please take me there now!). It's the story of Celeste and Ben tricked into competing for the same position in a company. We follow the complicated relationship that ensues at both a professional and (gasp) at a personal level. It's steamy and emotional and the tension is there, from the moment they meet.
But what I loved the most it's the realness of the characters, their struggle – financial and otherwise. Celeste, i
Jess Heyle
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is definitely NSFW in the BEST way. It’s hot hot hot first off, and it also has a great storyline with depth and emotion. The main characters work their ass off for that HEA, and you go on the rollercoaster journey with them of love, loss, betrayal and trust. Not only are the main characters and their journey intriguing and gripping but the side characters add greatly to the book. You find yourself wanting to know more about each one of them, my personal favourite being Liv! Some scene ...more
Madia M
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5*

Butterflies. I finally felt butterflies after so long. This book made my heart flutter and ache for Celeste, froze my face into a perma smirk and kept me up till dawn when I seriously contemplated ringing in sick (my conscious wouldn’t allow it).

Ben is swoon worthy. He calls Celeste up on her bullshit, always daring her to take another step in the best way but he’s also understanding.

This. This is the book that I would say gave me the hating game feels so if you loved that then you’ll adore
Shella Benitez
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Felicia
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not Suitable for Work by Skye McDonald is a rivals to lovers contemporary romance.

This is Skye's debut novel that will be released on September 24th 2019.

I cannot wait until she releases book two in the Anti-Belle Series. She did an amazing job pulling you into the story. You can't help but fall in love Ben and Celeste.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who loves office romances, rivals to lovers, or contemporary romance.
Pamela
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Truth? INCREDIBLE!! This book hit every emotion spot on with deliciously desirable characters. I literally could not put it down! Skye McDonald executed the romance between Ben and Celeste brilliantly with STEAMY and HEART THROBBING scenes, I could not get enough! This book had me laughing, crying and going soft in the middle! I will be anxiously anticipating Anti-Belle Book Two. Wow!
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you Ms McDonald for sending me a copy of this book! You have gained a new fan. The characters were real and relatable, their banter is fun and flirty, and the happily ever after wraps it all up with a nice bow.

Truth: Ben is now one of my favorite characters ever!

Also, can Celeste’s parents please adopt me? 💕

Can’t wait to read more of this series!
Nicole Grisel
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
It is rare for me to start a book and literally not put it down until it’s finished but I did that today. I started this book this morning and finished this evening. This story had heart, romance, comedy, emotion and all the feels. I could not wait to see what was going to happen at the end and hope there will be more with these characters in the future!
Making Connections: 5568. Not Suitable for Work by Skye McDonald 7 31 Oct 24, 2019 07:22PM

• Faking Under the Mistletoe
  • Coffee Girl (Coffee Book #1)
  • Always Only You (Bergman Brothers, #2)
  • Only When It's Us (Bergman Brothers, #1)
  • Faker
  • Us, Again
  • An Alaskan Christmas (Wild River #1)
  • Don't Go Stealing My Heart (Showmen, #2)
  • The Worst Best Man
  • The Boyfriend Project (The Boyfriend Project, #1)
  • The Tourist Attraction (Moose Springs, Alaska #1)
  • Weekend Wife
  • The Matchmaker's Mistletoe Mission (Boots and Bouquets, #0.5)
  • The Trouble with Hating You
  • The Problem with Pugs (Love & Pets, #1)
  • Ties That Tether
  • They're Strictly Friends (Tough Love Spinoff, #1)
  • You Lucky Dog
Skye McDonald is the author of the Anti-Belle series, contemporary romance novels set in her hometown of Nashville, Tennessee. She is also a podcaster, an English teacher, a fitness instructor, and a life coach. Skye’s Anti-Belle series are standalone books featuring sassy GRITS (Girls Raised In the South) learning to love themselves before they can claim their happily ever after. (Spoiler: they a ...more

Anti-Belle (3 books)
  • Off the Record (Anti-Belle, #2)
  • Nemesis (Anti-Belle, #3)