Start by marking “Hunted” as Want to Read:
Hunted

Hunted

(The Dirty Heroes Collection #13)

"It doesn't matter how far she runs.
This is my forest, and I always catch my prey."

As a Loxley, I know the rules, I just never took them seriously.
I only knew when I finally brought a girl here it would be special.
She would be special.
And Harper is... perfect.

Now we're out here, alone, and something's gone terribly wrong.
I broke the rules, I'm losing myself,
and I'm afraid
ebook
Published July 6th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Hunted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunted

Start your review of Hunted
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)

I found this one really intriguing and unusual and I definitely enjoyed it a lot.
This is part of the dirty hero’s collection and they are all standalone reads with a loosely connected theme.
This is the second book I’ve tried from this series and my first experience with this particular author.
This is unusual in the fact that we are dealing with an already established couple so essentially not a typical romance but more of a suspenseful edge of your seat journey.
This has Jared and Harper heading
Catherine Russell
Book: Hunted
Author: Cassandra Faye
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Genre: Dark Romance
Rating: 4 Stars!

Age: Harper - 21; Jared - 21.

Triggers: Rape.

Once upon a time, a scorned Queen opened a box, unleashing horrible evil on the world’s heroes. Instead of gallantry and chivalry, they now possessed much more perverse traits. They’ve fallen victim to their darkest and most deviant desires. This is one of their stories...

Hunted by Cassandra Faye truly exceeded my expecta
Louise H  -  ⭐ Life in the Book Lane Reviews ⭐
When we first meet Jared (and Harper) he is a really sweet, fun and caring guy, so his later transformation was really something else. His alter-ego is definitely sinister and poor Harper most certainly comes off worse when he's around. Jared's slow descent into "madness" was very finely crafted, and so terrifyingly believable.

I found it easier to connect with Harper, though that isn't surprising since Jared wasn't always quite himself. This meant I didn't connect with the story with as much em
JadeC
Jul 19, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

The Dirty Heroes Collection is wayyy more darker and twisted than the Sinister Fairytales Collection IMO. this book is a retelling of Robin Hood that is more towards the paranormal side. i guess i'm in the minority since i didn't really enjoy it. there's a HEA but the ending was abrupt. 😕

trigger: (view spoiler)
Ria  | Abstract ♥ Books

ALL MY REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: ABSTRACT BOOKS

"It doesn't matter how far you run.
This is my forest , and I always catch my prey. "

Hunted was a standalone novel in the DIRTY HEROES COLLECTION by Cassandra Faye. Told in dual perspectives , this novel was one thrilling ride .

This is the first book I have read of this collection and let's just say , I will be reading all of them now!! This book was one of the most thrilling books I have ever read. It started in a contemporary r
Jac K
Oct 24, 2020 rated it liked it
This is the thirteenth book in the Dirty Heroes Collection, a multi-book, multi-author series of fairytale/mythology based storylines. (very loosely) Basically, a wicked queen opened a box that unleashed evil on 14 “heroes” making them dark. I love a re-telling like nobody’s business, so I was pumped to start this one, but quickly figured out they are NOT really re-tellings. Some are closer connected, but others really only have a name or phrase that connects it to the tale.

I’m assuming Hunted w
JD
My ambivalence about the material makes this difficult to review. In addition, it's hard to give trigger warnings without some spoilers so, if this bothers you, you may not want to read further.

Before I go into more depth, let me advise potential readers of three things. First, I want to provide triggers warnings for rape, attempted murder, and kidnapping (and, yes, these are all perpetrated by the H). Second, although all the books are loosely connected by a curse, they are stand-alones. Finall
Julia Stevens
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I do love a fairytale with a modern, dark twist and Hunted absolutely delivered!

What starts out as a seemingly sweet story when Jared takes his girlfriend to his family's remote mountain cabin for a romantic weekend, takes a very sinister, evil turn as he unwittingly activates an ancient curse.

I was absolutely glued to the pages, I loved this book. It seamlessly moved from hot and sweet to dark, sinister and deviant, a total contrast to the beginning few chapters. It was fast paced and I had no
Kelly
Shelves: loved-it
This book started off resembling a sweet love story. A drive to the family cabin with a hope of a romantic setting and then BAM!! Where did this twist come from? I was blindsided with a humongous twist and turn that I did not see coming.
This story was awesome and kept me guessing throughout. Cassandra writes remarkable and in depth characters that the reader can connect with. The storyline was so unique and different from anything I have read before! Loved it!!
Shane Starrett
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes you come across a book that once you start reading it you are maybe a chapter or two in and you suddenly realize how seamlessly the story is flowing off the page and into your head. The beats are perfect, the timing spot on, the flow of the narrative so engaging and flawless you stop for a moment, taking note of it if for no other reason than it stands out.

Hunted is one of those stories.

This story covers a broad spectrum of what you might expect in a romance / dark romance story. I us
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
I have read quite a few of this series so I couldn’t wait to read this story. Well this was fantastic. I inhaled it in one sitting. My son walked in while I was reading. I asked him was it an emergency. He said no so I said go until I’ve finished this story and I’ll find you. When I did go to his room the first thing he asked was the book good lol

This author sure knows how to write a gripping story. This isn’t a story for everyone. However I absolutely loved every word of it.

Hunted is a brilli
valeria
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
Gisell

description

This was my first read by this author and I was pleasantly surprised! This a slightly eerie, mysterious romance story with hints of darkness, however it isn't as dark as it could've been, which in my opinion is probably a good thing since it just adds to the mystery of everything surrounding the story. I think if it was darker with regards to certain situations or scenes, it would've needed more explanation, which probably would have taken away from its unique and mysterious atmosphere. I really
Thea™
Jun 19, 2020 marked it as 2-tbr-now
Cassandra Faye = Jennifer Bene! 😉

▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬

The DIRTY HEROES COLLECTION (https://www.goodreads.com/series/288664)
Fourteen standalone novels which each follow a well-known hero from favorite Disney classics.

01. The Black Fox
11. Cruel Water
12. The Masked
Hanan
Jun 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
So I’m relaxing on the couch enjoying Jared and Harper a sweet couple and their adorable banter and the reminiscing of how they met.
Minding my own business while reading the sexiness going on.
When bang Ms. Faye had me jumping off the couch.
Thinking how the hell did she just turn this tale in the blink of an eye!
Needless to say the rest of the book had me on edge and my heart thumping fast.
There is no way to write about the plot without inadvertently giving something away so I will stay away from
Jennifer Pierson
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OH MY HELL! Hunted started out sweet for about 5 seconds when BAM! Insane twists that were all kinds of turned out came to play, and I never caught my breath until long after I finished. There's so much going on here that I'm not even trying to get into details since those twists were coming in so hot and all over the place, making for some very loud f-bomb dropping on my part throughout. I absolutely LOVED this story HARD since I zigged while Ms. Fate zagged which kept me on the edge of my seat ...more
Badh
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I totally dig all these Dirty Hero books. It's a fun way to get a new look at some of our favorite heroes. Well, fun, dirty, and kinky. So yay.

I love that Jared really wanted to make everything super special for Harper, no matter what, even if he wasn't quite following the rules. Of course, I don't think that he completely understands the rules, so there's that.

Harper really truly loves Jared, and it's obvious through the whole book. I think that she shows a lot of fortitude and strength throu
Ri
Jun 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I won't lie. I have to say that I was a little confused at the beginning. Especially, thinking that this was supposed to be someone cursed with urges that bordered on decadent and depraved. SO, I wasn't understanding how this sweet almost swoon-worthy beginning would turn into that EVEN more so, knowing who the author was. If she isn't writing kink, she is writing some pretty twisted stuff that takes her audience out of their comfort zone.

I needed not have worried for long because once it happen
Rhonda
Jun 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story shook me to my soul. I've come to expect the unexpected from Cassandra Faye but this was brilliant. It starts as a cute love story between Jared and Harper but as you read, you know something is going to happen...........and man does it. I can't really say much because it would give the twist in the story away but just be prepared. Only Cassandra could take a perfectly sweet fairy tale and twist it into something that I would love. And there are only a handful of authors that can take ...more
Book-Lovin-Momma
Jul 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hunted was a dark, intriguing tale of a curse gone bad. Jared was sexy and sweet, and so perfect for Harper. Until a weekend at the cabin transforms this sweet hot man into a sinister something else! Can Harper fix what's wrong with her man before the unthinkable happens? What a wicked turn for these two! I was on edge the whole time, hoping that they would both be saved! Riveting till the very end! ...more
Vanessa
Jul 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Wow!! Just wow! Honestly, I’m finding it hard to write my review. I’m finding it hard to put into work what I feel after reading this book. Like every book there were ups and downs. Things I liked and didn’t like. The things I didn’t really like seems to outweigh the things I do.
The chemistry between the characters was very well written. You could feel it. I felt the characters were somewhat well written. But what threw me off was the story line. I felt confused. I had so many questions left un
Amy
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was brilliantly written. It is intense, mysterious, scary as all get out and deeply disturbing. I am finally able to release a breath. So many twists and turns and never knowing what will happen next? Awesome. I rarely come across a story so gripping and maniacally terrifying.

I read and reviewed a copy of this book.
Romantic Rose
Jul 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Geegina
Jul 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Staring this book I thought, is going good everything is sweet and sexy, boy oh boy was I wrong! It takes a twisted dark turn somewhere down the line and I was hooked.
Great read, highly recommend it. This author never disappoints.

4 dark starts.
DMA
Jun 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG I adored this book, I just couldn't put it down! This was some seriously compelling writting. I lulls you into a false sense of secirity, then BAM!!! You end up in the twilight zone!
The best book I've read in a while!
Whole heartedly recommended
Gaynor Jones
Jul 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cursed blessings

Jared and Harper will have to go thru their own form of hell, a curse, forgiveness, temptation, danger and more to find their ultimate love.
Mary S.
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
At first I was not getting so much in to the story. It just started out like a sweet old romance but then oh wow it definitely turn to something that was way beyond sweet. Harper she definitely love Jared to go through all that and still come out stronger. So I would say that I enjoy read their story.
Madeleine
Jul 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved Jared and Harper's story. You start off thinking this is going to be another beautiful love story then before you know it, everything you thought you knew was not. How could a romantic cabin trip go wrong? This book well blew your mind. ...more
*~*Taryn Remington*~*
I was really surprised by how much I liked this, especially the end result. Reminded me of the movie READY OR NOT in a way but yet original for a HEA romance novel.
Martha Lindblom
Jun 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When I first started this book it was a wonderful love story with Harper and Jared totally in love with each other, but I know how Cassandra Faye writes and I was waiting for the bomb to explode and it sure did. The hell that they went through was more than anyone should go through., but Harper’s love for Jared is what saved them. Now you will have to read the wonderful book and see what hell they went through. Enjoy
« previous 1 3 next »

• Redemption (Fragile Ties #3)
  • Scorched
  • Wanting it All: Second Chance Dark Romance (Punishment Pit Book 1)
  • Black Light: Unbound
  • Securing it All: Second Chance Dark Romance (Punishment Pit Book 2)
  • Swallow it Down
  • Heartless (Starcrossed Lovers Trilogy, #1)
  • Having It All (The Punishment Pit, #3)
  • Face Mask: How To Make Your Own Face Mask At Home - DIY Homemade Medical Reusable Face Mask - Protect Yourself From Viruses And Infections (Step By Step Guide With Illustrations)
  • Black Light: Charmed
  • Black Light: Branded (Black Light #19)
  • Will You Be My Wife? - A Short Story: The Midnight Series - Book Eight
  • Balancing It All (The Punishment Pit, #4)
  • Elegant Sins
  • Inside the Storm (Dangerous Love, #1)
  • Meeting Marshall (Masters of the Castle)
  • A Trip Down Memory Lane - A Short Story: The Midnight Series - Book Seven
Cassandra Faye lives in Texas where she's done nothing but fantasize about other worlds her entire life. Constantly daydreaming about ancient powers, faerie realms, old gods, and how seriously dangerous unicorns would be if they existed, Cassandra writes the stories she's always craved. Taking paranormal and fantasy worlds, mixing them in with modern day, and adding a dash of darkness.

So, if you e

The Dirty Heroes Collection (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Black Fox (The Dirty Heroes Collection, #1)
  • Finding His Strength (The Dirty Heroes Collection, #2)
  • While She Sleeps
  • Bound in Sacrifice (The Dirty Heroes Collection #4)
  • Never Lost (The Dirty Heroes Collection #5)
  • The Curse Behind The Mask
  • Clockwork Stalker (The Dirty Heroes Collection, #7)
  • Kiss and Tell
  • Skeleton King
  • Make Me Real (The Dirty Heroes Collection #10)

News & Interviews

Ciannon Smart has been holed up in her England home since the pandemic began a year ago, but by no means has she been idle. She’s been on...