Start by marking “While She Sleeps” as Want to Read:
While She Sleeps

While She Sleeps

(The Dirty Heroes Collection #3)

Dangerous. Unstable. Obsessive.

She believes in fairytales and awaits her prince.
But I arrive at her doorstep and I’m far from royalty.

The shiver down my back tells me he’s there. As if he were touching me.
Cold, angry, aloof—he’s everything I don’t need. But I can’t turn off my attraction when he’s near.

My sleeping beauty doesn’t realize just how dangerous I am.
She trus
Kindle Edition
Published April 27th 2020 by Dani René Books

To ask other readers questions about While She Sleeps, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about While She Sleeps

Start your review of While She Sleeps
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Sleeping Beauty and her Broken Prince!

A twisted fairy tale of a Mafia prince who was promised a ten year old girl to marry on the day she turns eighteen. The arrangement set up between his father, the King of Chicago and his father’s best friend. The Prince decided he wanted nothing to do with the kind of kingdom his father ruled over and ran away but never forgot the girl that was promised to him.

I enjoyed this twisted fairy tale but there were certain things about the story that didn’t quite m
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow. This is a brilliant retelling of Sleeping Beauty. If you’ve read anything by this author you will know she has her own unique way with words and she certainly wrote an amazing story here.

Logan believes he will never find a woman that will agree to his certain needs. He doesn’t realise that Vera has her own needs. These two are wicked together.

Fantastic storyline that had me gripped from start to finish. Can’t wait to read more from this author. I highly recommend this story.
Yours Truly, Diana *The Evil Witch*
goodreads2
A Refreshing Twist To An Old Tale
*arc generously provided by the promo team in exchange for an honest review*

description

“I'm tired of feeling like I'm f*cking crazy.”
Ride – Lana Del Rey

What’s this book about? (I'm trying to give as little spoilers as possible)
He watches her as she sleeps. She becomes his addiction. She wants to give in, but he won’t let her in. They’re wrong for each other, or so he attempts to convince himself…

I’ve already read Black Fox by Brianna Hale from the Dirty Heroes collection a
Cierra McCauley (Cierra's Corner)
OMFG!!! While She Sleeps will give you goosebumps! First, let me start with you MUST go into this book with an open mind. It's different, it's intriguing and it's dark in a twisted kind of way. A very interesting/perverse spin on sleeping beauty. This book brings a lot of attention to something I've never heard about. This makes the book so interesting. I don't want to spoil it so I'm just going to stay vague. I was so curious and trying to wrap my head around this new discovery. It leaves you b ...more
Janell Lovell
Apr 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sleeping beauty and her twisted prince! This is the fairy tale we all know from being kids This is a twisted version of sleeping beauty in many ways, her prince has many flaws who doesn’t want to become his father.

I enjoyed the storyline it had many twists and turns but at the heart of the book is two souls who need each other and who were destined from the start, the family backgrounds are mafia a contract was formed to bring the two families together in marriage but Vera being 10 and Logan ol
Gsmitty
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
HOLY HOT TAMALE! This was the interpretation of Sleeping Beauty that I never knew I needed and have been missing my whole life and I am so glad that it is now something I can revisit over and over!
Logan and Vera are intense, deviant, delightful, and imperfectly perfect for one another.
They're both on the run from their pasts, and the question is, will they ever be able to stop? To find someone that accepts them for who they truly are, even that darkness inside of them?
The story is shmekshay as
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
27034655-SX540-png

While She Sleeps is unlike anything I have ever read. Now if you have ever read Dani that is not an unusual sentence. But Dani brings to light something I have never heard of before in a sexual need and I have to say it is very interesting. And to bring it into a sleeping beauty theme, it is genius!

Logan and Vera are your Prince and Beauty and man they are awesome. I feel for both of them right away. I want them to be together, I want them to fall in love no matter what and to see each other fo
Tiffany Readz
Stars-Not Much of a Connection...

In Dani Rene's twist on Sleeping Beauty, we meet Logan and Vera. Two completely lost souls that quickly realize they have more in common than they originally thought.

Logan is looking for a woman that fits his particular set of "needs" and finds her on the dark web. This Sleeping Beauty is the perfect fit for his dark Prince Charming, as she's got a bit of a dark side as well. Yes, they use these names and yes, it started rubbing me the wrong way quickly.

I wasn't
Mandie
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a fun, twisted retelling of Sleeping Beauty. So dark and depraved!
Thea™
Apr 27, 2020 marked it as 5-to-read-ooit

The DIRTY HEROES COLLECTION (https://www.goodreads.com/series/288664)
Fourteen standalone novels which each follow a well-known hero from favorite Disney classics coming to you in 2020.

01. The Black Fox (Zorro)
02. Finding His Strength
11. Cruel Waters by Dee Palmer
12. The Masked Prince
13. TBD by
S.M. Harshell
**I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.**

While She Sleeps is part of The Dirty Heros Collection and can be read as a stand alone.

While She Sleeps is a take on Sleeping Beauty with a dark suspenseful twist.

Logan has a fetish for sleeping woman. He can't get off without it. He loves the vulnerability that presents itself when the woman is asleep and he can do as he pleases.

Vera was promised to someone when she was very young. She hated the idea of marrying s
Rukaiya M.
Apr 26, 2020 rated it liked it
While She Sleeps is the third book in The Dirty Heroes Collection and written by the ever charming Dani René. Upon hearing this author's name, I always get weird butterflies because of her content and imagination. I have read almost each and every book from this author until now and have a wide knowledge of how depraved yet graceful her writing could be. Her storylines are mostly inquisitive and makes you crave for more.

While She Sleeps is a retelling of Sleeping Beauty fairytale with a strange
Jeanette Oglesby
Apr 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is not your normal fairy tale by far. This is a dark and twisted fairy tale of sleeping beauty mixed with some mafia. I went into this one blind and I actually do not do any kind of modern retelling of fairy tales, but being that this is written by one of my favorite authors, I had to give it a try. I won't lie this took me by surprise. The first glimpse of Logan had me wondering what I got myself into because of his fetish, but getting to know his story and how broken of a man he thinks he ...more
Beyond The Covers Blog
Apr 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: celeste
Well here is a twisted take on a much-loved fairytale.  While She Sleeps by Dani Rene is a stand-alone story that is part of the Dirty Heroes Collection and to say it is interesting would be an understatement.  I have read several hundred books and a lot of them were erotic and each time I learn something new, While She Sleeps definitely taught me some things I had never heard of.  There is a little bit of repetition on the dirty hero’s part with him stressing over his particular affliction, but ...more
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Apr 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars ~ Jess
his was a twisted and dark tale of Sleeping Beauty.

Logan is our broken prince, who has an affliction that has kept him away from our sleeping beauty for years. Not wanting to follow in his father's footsteps Logan thinks that hiding himself away is what is best. Until he finds her.

Vera is our beauty. Promised to someone she doesn't want, also hiding away but seeking out that touch of danger she craves. She finds what she is looking for in the one person she probably shouldn't.

Be
SBee Reviews
Apr 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
★ Amazing adaptation of a fairy tale with a modern paraphilia ★

—>>> Having discovered his fetish for somnophilia at the tender age of seventeen, Logan Oakridge has hidden his sexual orientation from others, but a growing obsession with the girl he was supposed to marry when she turns eighteen becomes something he is desperate to explore, especially now that they have exchanged words and more on a kink website as “Broken Prince” and “Sleeping Beauty.”

“She needs the prince, not a broken one, but
Julie Workman-Bookaholic Sisters Blog
HOT DAMN!!!

Sleeping beauty, I watched it many times as a youngster, even read the book but DAMN never have I read the twisted dark deprived version TILL NOW! and I Absolutely loved it.

A prince to sweep her off her feet like all modern day girls want but, the reality of it wasnt quite what she imagined, instead she got a twisted, dark albeit hot prince.

This story had me on the edge of my seat, with hope, love and excitement, I couldnt get enough, I certainly couldnt put it down.

I always say that
D.L. Gallie
Apr 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is my new fav fairytale retelling.
While She Sleeps is a dark and delicious version of Sleeping Beauty with kink and a surprise twist that I didn’t see coming.
Dani is one of my fav dark romance authors, and she didn’t disappoint with this one.
Amber- Leave Me Alone I’m Reading
This book is so depraved and dirty! I loved it! Funny, I’m fairly well-versed in fetishes, but I never thought much about this one... until now. It’s hot! So wrong and yet so damn right. I really enjoyed this twisted take on Sleeping Beauty. If you like dark romance and/or fairytale retellings, you will definitely want to read While She Sleeps!!
Tammy
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great read, captured my attention at the first chapter and could not put it down. Sleeping beauty and her Prince, well kinda, altho a bit more of a modern version in a way, and a bit darker. Vera and Logan, she believes he is not the beast he thinks, and she is not the perfect princess he thinks she is.
Doris Raines
Feb 23, 2020 rated it liked it
NICE BOOK.
Yoneidis Martín Martínez
May 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm
ReadingInPyjamas
Apr 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
While She Sleeps is a modern fairytale retelling of Sleeping Beauty. I was quite intrigued by the blurb and the idea behind this book and as usual, Dani Rene managed to captivate me with a dark and deliciously sinful story.

Logan and Vera were destined for each other. He once turned his back on her thinking he would protect Vera from the darkness lurking in his soul but once he realizes she's the perfect woman for him, Logan can't stay away from her any longer. No matter how much he tries to resi
Tracy
May 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sleeping Beauty and her broken Prince

I bought this book via Amazon and am leaving my review voluntarily. This story is part of the Dirty Heroes Collection but can be read as a standalone. (Characters from the authors Forbidden Series have brief appearances)

Triggers: murder, stalking, forced drugging

**spoilers**
Logan, the Broken Prince...at 18 his father brings him to meet his future bride, who is only 10. Logan walks away in digust.
Vera, her prince shows up and she hopes he will rescue her but
Hanan
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
A very unique twist on the fairytale Sleeping Beauty.
I really liked the dark twist that’s woven into this story.
Logan is the Prince in this fairytale.
He’s protective and he’s possessive.
Logan is afraid of the darkness that fills him because he doesn’t want to hurt his princess.
Vera is the Princess who is on the run and hiding out.
She’s young but strong as steel.
She’s tough and determined to live her life to the fullest.
When their worlds collide everything is about to change.
Logan is the first Da
Mom2three
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is an interesting take on the Sleeping Beauty tale. It's slightly dark and has a slightly suspenseful plot line. I loved how it started, and it hooked me from the very beginning and kept me interested until the end. It was one of those books that kept me so interested I wasn't able to walk away once I started reading and read it in one sitting. I felt like it only took moments to read, but it was 4am when I reached The End. Since I had started reading around 10pm, it's not a super long read ...more
Renee
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing

She believes in fairytales and waits her prince. But I arrive at her doorstep ad I'm for from royalty. My sleeping beauty doesn't realize just how dangerous I am. She trust so easily, smiles so beautifully, and while she sleeps I watch. With each passing night, I becomes more addicted. Until I'm a man obsessed. I believed she was the light to my darkness. But it turns out my sleeping beauty likes to
Chelle  Myers
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
While She Sleeps by Dani Rene is a standalone novel in The Dirty Heroes Collection told in dual POV. In this unique retelling of the classic fairy tale Sleeping Beauty Dani Rene combines her signature dark & twisted with a whole new level of naughty kink bound to set those e-readers on fire.
"My sleeping beauty doesn’t realize just how dangerous I am. She trusts so easily, smiles so beautifully. And while she sleeps, I watch."
This is the story of a broken prince so ashamed of who he is he has cho
Michelle Austin
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
While She Sleeps by Dani René was a great 5 star read.

She was 10 years old when she met the man that she had been promised to. He was a Mafia prince but he didn’t want anything to do with his dad’s dark world and left. We jump ahead a few years.

Vera ran away to avoid the man her father had promised her to. She ends up meeting a man online that has the same twisted fantasies that she does. They connect on so many levels. When they finally agree to meet Vera eventually figures out who Logan is. W
Breen
May 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
“I’m not sure how many times I’ve said it but retellings are so my thing and of course I wanted to read this book. René was a new author to me and I wasn't used to her writing style but I’m so pleased of what I read. Sleeping beauty with a mafia prince. As you can guess this book was a bliss. I’m not gonna lie, there were some specific situations in the story that I wasn’t certain about them. I’m not quite sure how to express them... confusing, not logical? Though the plot was amazing.

A Sleeping
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• He Hates Me (Hate & Love Duet, #1)
  • Periculum (Devil's Playground #1)
  • Ringmaster
  • The Danger You Know
  • Abducted
  • Blowback (The Monsters Within Duet, #2)
  • Coach Me
  • Bury Me with Lies (Twin Lies, #2)
  • Mine (Ties that Bind, #1)
  • Like You Care (Devilbend Dynasty, #1)
  • His (Ties That Bind, #2)
  • Cocksure Ace (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Crowned by Fate (Crowned #2)
  • Lawless Kingdom (Reign & Ruin #1)
  • Devil's Captive (Fallen Dynasty #1)
  • Devious Resolutions
  • Stealing Cinderella
  • Diamonds in the Dust (Diamonds are Forever Trilogy, #1)
Dani is a USA Today Bestselling Author of a variety of genres, from romantic suspense to dark erotic romance and even BDSM romance. She loves to delve into the raw, emotional journeys her characters venture on, and enjoys the dark, edgy, and sensual scenes that fill the pages of her books. Dani’s stories are seductive with a deviant edge with feisty heroines and dominant alphas.

Dani lives in the

The Dirty Heroes Collection (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Black Fox (The Dirty Heroes Collection, #1)
  • Finding His Strength (The Dirty Heroes Collection, #2)
  • Bound in Sacrifice (The Dirty Heroes Collection #4)
  • Never Lost (The Dirty Heroes Collection #5)
  • The Curse Behind The Mask
  • Clockwork Stalker (The Dirty Heroes Collection, #7)
  • Kiss and Tell