Start by marking “The Fabric Of Tombstones” as Want to Read:
The Fabric Of Tombstones

The Fabric Of Tombstones

The Fabric of Tombstones is an outstanding collection of interwoven flash-fiction stories. A series of profound, and sometimes hilarious, meditations on suffering and loss, The Fabric of Tombstones weaves together compelling tales of modern life and death. Plucking moments from the lives of jealous homeowners waging an escalating war with their neighbours, to paranoid love ...more
Paperback, 1, 126 pages
Published April 10th 2020 by The Writing Collective

To ask other readers questions about The Fabric Of Tombstones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fabric Of Tombstones

Start your review of The Fabric Of Tombstones
Emily Harrison
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
About two thirds of the way through ‘The Fabric of Tombstones’ there’s a line – short and sweet though it is – that perhaps sums up what we should expect from B.F Jones’ debut flash fiction collection – ‘All these souls, here momentarily, before going there permanently, trying to get on with their lives and make sense of it all.’

‘The Fabric of Tombstones’ is, without a doubt, a character driven flash fiction collection that feeds off the anxieties and experiences of death (and life) and zeroes
ALISON WOOD
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm completely new to flash fiction but this book has definitely hooked me. It is full of so many thought provoking stories linked to the themes of life and death. So many of them kept me guessing right up to the end and contained fantastic twists and unexpected endings. All of the stories are beautifully written with a fantastic turn of phrase which is even more impressive when you learn that the author is French. This book comes highly recommended! ...more
Morgan Edwards
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’m fairly new to flash fiction as a genre but really enjoyed this. It’s a striking collection mixing universal themes of love, death, family, change, relationships, surroundings - the past, the future. The stories are adeptly interwoven and the style jumps around from darkly comic to poignant. Strongly recommended!
Lola
May 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Unlike anything I’ve read before
The fabric of Tombstones introduced me to a new genre and I’m captivated! I was really impressed by how thought provoking these short stories were, and loved the (somewhat macabre) humour that they were written with. This is an author I hope to read more from soon!
Joseph Sale
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Flash Fiction is not normally my cup of tea, but The Fabric of Tombstones won me over! A stunning collection of interconnected stories that explore themes of coping with loss and death, and yet all done with a deft humour and wry wit that illuminates every scene. I loved some many of the characters in this collection. Even though each story is micro-cosmic, it feels like it contains so much.
Iseult Murphy
May 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
The theme of this collection of 26 flash stories is most certainly death, for each character in this collection of loosely interconnected tales seems visited by the spectre in one form or other. The style of some of the pieces is practically a verse poem. That English isn’t the author’s first language is astounding. I wouldn’t have been able to tell. Due to the nature of flash, there does seem to be a twist or surprise reveal at the end of each story, but that is to be expected with the format. ...more
Stephen J.
Mar 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I’ve long been a fan of Jones’ work and this is why.

Fabric of Tombstones is a dark, twisted collection of short prose. Each piece deals a quick devastating blow that leaves you pondering it still as you slip into the next story and long after you’ve put the book down.

Jones writes poetically and does something that I’ve always strove to do in my own writing which is to write about ugly things but do it in a beautiful way. Her words flow like rain water from the page.

There’s also a gothic quirk
Ross Jeffery
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fabric of Tombstones is a delightfully brilliant flash fiction collection from B F Jones. A voice that I’ve read often, what I love about this collection is it collates these various flash pieces that have been published elsewhere with new material which seeing it all together just blows my tiny mind!

Fabric of Tombstones is a brave and unrelenting collection that pulls at the heartstrings until they snap! A debut not to be missed!
John Bowie
Feb 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I forgot I had this on my e-reader and dipped into it on one tired night without expectation. It soon got its claws into me and wouldn't release until it was done.

I love these vignettes, with subtle links together, treading on each other's toes as they lead into the shadows. Each tight flash deftly pulls on a range of hard emotions. BF Jones shows great poetic prowess with simplicity in getting much larger notions across, stretching free thought and creativity en-route.

I had the starting imagery
jennet wheatstonelllsl
Mar 12, 2020
Barbara
Apr 17, 2020
B F Jones
Apr 21, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Hatchet Mouth
Aug 09, 2020
Robert Stanhope
Jul 26, 2020

• Pulp
  • History of Present Complaint (First Cut)
  • Witness X