Start by marking “Voyage of the Heart (Wellington Patriot Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Voyage of the Heart (Wellington Patriot Series, #1)

Voyage of the Heart (Wellington Patriot Series, #1)

Baldwin Wellington, son of Lord Alden Wellington, grew up in Wellingshire, England in Highwoods Castle.  He was a mischievous young boy, and after being accused of a crime he didn't commit, he is ostracized from his family.  He is punished, barely escapes with his life, and is sent to the British Colonies in North America.

Meanwhile, Bronwyn Kerrigan is a Scots-Irish lass
Published January 2020 by Cheryl R. Lane

To ask other readers questions about Voyage of the Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Voyage of the Heart

Start your review of Voyage of the Heart (Wellington Patriot Series, #1)
Rosemary K
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Baldwin Wellington was born to a prosperous English family from Wellingshire England, but his life wasn't a happy one. His parents blamed him for their tragedy. He misbehaved to gain their attention. I hated to see him race to his destruction. Now he's on a ship to the Colonies as punishment for his crimes. He doesn't realize that redemption awaits him. Bronwyn Kerrigan is a talented Irish healer. After her father's death, her mother is forced to send her to Virginia as an indentured servant. I ...more
Tina Meyers
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for an honest review. This is book one of a series. It clearly has more of a story to tell. And what a story it is! Historical romance is a fairly new genre to me and I'm loving it. This book has an appealing cover that drew me to it over others I currently have to read. But the lives and loves of Bronwyn, Baldwin, Rowena and the other characters in the book made this one I didn't want to put down until I finished. The characters come from all walks of life, rich to poor, educa ...more
Joy Bateson
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I loved the two main characters in this book. Baldwin Wellington, son of a wealthy English lord and Bronwyn a Scottish/Irish lass of meager means. They meet under difficult circumstances and go through many trials and tribulations, to finally be together and share their love for each other. If you love romance and drama, then you will love this book.
Mary Ann
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just like the author's other books you immediately get caught up in the story and it's characters. Love the way you can feel like you're right there with them. I can not wait for the next book to come out.
Christy Rankin
If you like adventure and romance you will love this book. The story and characters were brought to life. I could see the story unfolding in my mind as i read and could not put it down.
Diane Zielinski
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing piece of work!! I was hooked from the beginning to the end. The excitement never stops. While reading Voyage I took a little voyage myself. The ups & the downs throughout was fantastic. Some characters you fall in love with from the beginning one in particular well lets say in the end I changed my mind of her. Do yourself a favor and get on board the ship and take a Voyage of the Heart for a ride. You will not be disappointed. Adventure galore, and beware of nasty pirates along t ...more
Susan The Book Dragon Campton
Welcome to Tea Time, my Fellow Book Dragons. I have a most delightful Gem for you today. It is a pearl. See how it shimmers and glows it lovely ivory pink in the candlelight? It came from quite far off to get here. One pearl of a perfect strand that once belonged to a maiden fair, but sad and desperate and coveted by a rogue, fallen and also desperate. This is Gem Maker Cheryl R. Lane’s “Voyage of the Heart”.
This is the tale of two people, Baldwin, fallen son of Lord Wellington, now rogue and th
Chrisana
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow!
It's been quite a while since I read a book that really held my attention.
It has romance, intrigue and pirates! I can't wait for book 2 so I can see what mischief Bronwyn and Baldwin get themselves into next. If you enjoy historical romance I strongly urge you to give this book a try, I don't think you will be disappointed.
teresa ellithorpe
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a 5 stars for me loved the plot and the romance I couldn't put the book down!!! Can't wait for the 2nd one!!!!
TTaylor
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Voyage of the Heart comes to life in unexpected ways, intertwining the characters lives unexpectedly while they deal with heartache, pain, love, pirates, illness and more on the way to the colonies. The cover draws you to the story. The story line makes it a book that you can’t put down. It draws you in and you begin find yourself in the story actually seeing it come to life. Love the ending it leaves you with a smile on your face and looking forward to the next book in the series. Can't wait!
Susan
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Voyage of the Heart was a great beginning to the Wellington Patriot series and enjoyable as a sort of "pre-qual" to the Wellington Cross series. Watching the characters develop along with their relationships was easy get lost in. This book takes the reader back to the UK before America's independence and follows the characters across the ocean to the colonies. This is a part of history that was exciting, dangerous, and filled with possibility.

Voyage of the Heart is a great historical fiction
Marie Thomason
Just finished reading Voyage of the Heart...enjoyed the book....would highly recommend....well written.Waiting with anticipation for Book 2.
Namejudyannivey
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story . It was exciting , and suspenseful as well . When I got to the last line I felt that I couldn’t wait to read the next book . I thought “ no it can’t end there “ .
Patiently waiting on reading the Rest of the Story .
Trish Cutter
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. I don't get to read often and when I do, its usually a "beachy" book. I am glad I chose to read this one. The suspense and love story really got me. This book was certainly a page turner and I am looking forward to reading more.
Christina Sams
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great read from the first page. Loved all of the adventures Baldwin and Bronwyn encountered together. The suspense of waiting to see what happened next kept me from putting the book down. The ending left me wanting the next book.
Royce Watson
May 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good book

This, overall, is a good book. Some of it, like the part about pirates, reminds me of children's stories. It not bad though, I think you will like it.
Rena' Williams
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Story that keeps you turning pages. Can't wait for the next one! All of Cheryl's books are great!!
Laurem
Jun 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Ok
sharren steiner
Feb 28, 2020
S.W.
Jun 17, 2020
Cheryl
Oct 04, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Marci
added it
May 12, 2020
SKM
May 12, 2020

• Tiny Houses (Cid Garrett P.I., #3)
  • Tash Hearts Tolstoy
  • Blessop's Wife
  • Wed By Proxy (Brides of Karadok #1)
  • To Tame the Wind (Agents of the Crown, Prequel; and Donet Trilogy, #1)
  • The Burning Sea (Furyck Saga, #2)
  • Winter's Fury (Furyck Saga, #1)
  • Highlander's Moonlight Seduction
  • The Wedding War
  • The Kindling Heart (Highland Heather and Hearts Scottish Romance #1)
  • To the Lady Born (Lords of de Royans, #1)
  • The Discarded Wife
  • The Heir (Reid Family, #1)
  • Man of My Dreams (Sherring Cross, #1)
  • Love Only Once (Malory-Anderson Family, #1)
  • Tender Rebel (Malory-Anderson Family, #2)
  • The Elusive Wife (Marriage Mart Mayhem #1)
  • The Pursuit (Sherring Cross, #3)
Cheryl R. Lane is the author of the historical romance Wellington Cross series, the paranormal romance Angel Series, and the new historical romance Wellington Patriot series. She has been self-publishing her books since December 2012. Her book, Sunrise Kisses, was a finalist in the 2018 Golden Quill Award Contest sponsored by Golden Box Books Publishing. She grew up in East Tennessee and moved to ...more

News & Interviews