Start by marking “The Queen's Bargain (The Black Jewels #10)” as Want to Read:
The Queen's Bargain (The Black Jewels #10)

The Queen's Bargain

(The Black Jewels #10)

POWER HAS A PRICE. SO DOES LOVE.

Return to the dark, sensual, and powerful world of the Black Jewels in this long-awaited new story in the New York Times bestselling fantasy saga

After a youthful mistake, Lord Dillon’s reputation is in tatters,
leaving him vulnerable to aristo girls looking for a bit of fun. To
restore his reputation and honor, he needs a handfast—a one-year
Published March 10th 2020 by Ace

To ask other readers questions about The Queen's Bargain, please sign up.
Ana Luiza Egidio the best reading order is the release order. Starting with Daughter of the Blood

Start your review of The Queen's Bargain (The Black Jewels #10)
Amy Imogene Reads
5 I-can't-believe-we-finally-got-to-go-back-to-this-world stars!

The Black Jewels is my favorite world, favorite series. This new entry was all that it promised to be and more—so worth the wait.

Good installment?: ★★★★★
Readability (for new readers): ★★★★
Enjoyment: my heart hurts in the best way. perfect.

The Queen's Bargain is being touted as a great entry point for new readers to join the Black Jewels universe without reading all of the backlist titles. I feel like I'm too close to the subject mat
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
Q: Being special is its own kind of burden. (c)
Q: No one wanted to sit at a table with a moral lesson. (c)
This messed-up world is just as delightfully cringeworthy as usual. Sexism (mostly reverse) taken to absurdest degrees and made into a farse. 'Warlord Princes' with all that bullshit cleaning baby poop. Lovely!

Hilarious thingys:
Q:
Sweet Darkness, he was potent! (c) Ouch)
Q:
Her pregnancy had been unplanned and unexpected—the result of them comforting each other on the night his father died. (c
Sheyla ✎
Mar 02, 2020 rated it really liked it

It was a delight to be back in this world!

The Queen's Bargain was great and it left the door wide open for many more things to come.

Jillian is not a child anymore but she's also not old enough. She starts to wonder about her womanhood and soon Lucivar realizes it. He’s not happy she’s growing up but he’s more worried about Marion not been able to recuperate her strength after the birthing of their last child. He’s worried he’s losing her.

Daemon is having trouble containing his daughter, Jae
I’m so excited to return to this world!

Bar
Aug 30, 2019 marked it as to-read
Do i want anything to do with Daemon x Surreal? Hell no!
Do i want to see that marriage torn to pieces and never mentioned again? *evil laugh* Yeah!

But what's more important, i need new story in my fav world like, yesterday
Kari
Mar 10, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I regret reading this

I adore the Black Jewels books and have reread the series many times. I had the release date for this book saved in my calendar and bought it the day it came out. Sadly, I wish she had never written it.

It makes no sense to me. The Surreal from the previous books is not present in this one. Whether you liked her character or not, you had to admit she was a strong woman who would take care of her loved ones and would fight to protect them. (I always liked her)

In this book, S
Robin (Bridge Four)
Warning: There will be spoilers for some of the prior books of this series.

This is the tenth book in a series and world I’ve grown to love. I’m having a hard time with a few things though because, well because I loved Daemon and Jaenelle so much. We spent so many books waiting for them to find their way to one another and now that Jaenelle has lived her very human life and moved on it is difficult to see Daemon with another woman even if it is Surreal.

Daemon is the Highlord of Hell, Prince of t
Lauren
Feb 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Electronic ARC provided by NetGalley.

I have a weird relationship with this series. It is utterly ridiculous, and Anne Bishop is one of the least subtle authors I've ever read, but I will grab every new book from her the second I can and read it immediately. "The Queen's Bargain" is a continuation from the novella at the end of the "Twilight's Dawn" collection, following mostly familiar characters further into their post Jaenelle future. Much of the book deals with Daemon and Surreal's relationsh
SimitudeSims
Apr 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this series so much. I've missed these characters. Hopefully, we get more of them, quicker, please👍
Bob/Sally
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Like all of the Black Jewels novels and stories, The Queen’s Bargain is a complex, complicated weave of themes and genres, appearing to be one thing before revealing another before becoming something else entirely. So much of it is light reading, romantic and amusing, and yet there is so much darkness and pain, you’re on an emotional roller-coaster where the hills get higher and the tunnels darker as the story goes on.

What Anne Bishop has so carefully woven together here is a story of relationsh
Lisa
Mar 12, 2020 rated it did not like it
Jordan
Aug 14, 2019 marked it as to-read
Please tell me this is going to somehow *undo* the way the story went at the end of Twilight's Dawn... please, please, please
Soo
Mar 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook
Notes:

The core of the story is still true to the series but this book felt like the author took an extreme turn from where the story stopped in #9. The book did not feel like a Black Jewels story. It was like being in an alternate version of the series world and nothing felt right because it was not quite what it should have been.

I still love the main characters and new additions. The actual idea for the plot was okay but the process felt artificial and forced. I'm disappointed because I was e
Devon
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, owned
I won an ARC of this book through a Goodreads giveaway. As a huge Black Jewels fan (and a fan of Anne Bishop in general), I absolutely loved this book. I'm going to go back and re-read all of the other books, then read this one again. I love this world and the characters. This book was well worth the wait.
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Fantasy lovers have a big reason to rejoice! I was very excited and almost surprised when Anne Bishop announced that she would be returning to the world of the Black Jewels and would be writing a new book. However, I was excited to see how this return would pan out.

Much like the other books in the series, there are multiple points of views in this novel. I really love this because it gives the readers something always to look forward to. It never stalls and you’re bound to find your favorit
Yodamom
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Well that was wild, emotional, heart wrenching and beautiful. I went into this book blind and had not read any books in this series before. I never felt lost not knowing any of these characters before, maybe a bit disconnected at first. The relationships, were hard, sweet, horrendous and sometimes hard to watch. I'd love to read the backstory on Daemon and Surreal's relationship, there has got to be a good story.
There was a lot going on, from before this book and, beginning here. At about halfwa
Taske
Mar 11, 2020 rated it liked it
I think my opinion is in the minority that I rather liked how Twilight's Dawn finished the series, I felt everything was tied up in a nice little bow and I could move on. I cannot stand the hate that I read in the reviews that Daemon/Surreal gets. I LOVE them together, it was a natural way for Daemon to move on from the love of his life. Yes, he will never love Surreal liked he loved Jaenelle but there was affection trust and yes a different love. And yes I am being slightly bias because I ADORE ...more
Marion the Librarian
Mar 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Something was off with the structure and pacing of this one. Part one focuses so heavily on a couple of plot points that then get dropped or shoved to the side for the duration of the book. Surreal felt wildly out of character for most of the book and I felt that the ending kind of undid a lot of the emotional groundwork that The High Lord's Daughter in Twilight's Dawn had etched out. This one might have functioned better as two or three novellas instead of one overarching novel.
The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears
Yay! I was so excited to return to the world of the Black Jewels. This was like seeing old friends - wondering how much they've changed, filling in the places where beloved characters have gone. And, of course, hoping Ms. Bishop plans to continue.

This book took me a day to read and I hate that, lol. Once I started I just didn't want to stop. I didn't realize just how much I missed this world. A reminder: this is dark fantasy, which I think some readers forget. Though this book isn't as dark as t
Stacey
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
Review copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley.

Return to pick up with Daemon, Surreal, Lucivar, Marion, and the rest of the long-lived court of Witch. If you desperately want to know what happens after Witch leaves the world. Surreal and Daemon are married, and they've had a child together, named after Jaenelle Angelline. Lucivar and Marion have had a few more children, and Lucivar has a daughter of the heart named Jillian. Jillian is on the cusp of womanhood and ends up in some misadventur
Irene Circo
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely CAN & WILL wait ! Wow, I’m so excited to just know that this series, these characters who have become part of me, & such an absolutely beautifully written universe is continuing 🥰☺️ (but not so secretly, CAN’T WAIT!!!) ...more
A
Mar 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, dark
This entire series is ridiculous id-appealing teenage melodrama on steroids. Like luridly coloured, super sweet candy. Nothing about it is subtle, and you know, objectively, that there's no real substance contained within, and yet it's still somehow compulsively eatable. Er, readable.

This instalment isn't as OTT as some of the earlier books in the series, but it still delivers a solid dose of sexy magic goth-adjacent domestic melodrama. There's basically no plot beyond the various relationship d
Beth
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Anne Bishop has done it again, she came back to The Black Jewels world and gave us another great tale! I can’t tell you how excited I was to see the new adventures play out and to rejoin this world for a little while.

In The Queen’s Bargain, Bishop continues with her multiple points of view narrations. It gives you a chance to see everyone’s perspective and here is the but; But, I really had a hard time with Surreal. And, maybe, even a little bit of problems with Surreal and Daemon. You know when
Mary Davis
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-read-2020
I finished it, and almost started it again. Yes. I was emotional, and cried, was captivated and soul-fed, and just ....yes. More. I love this world. I love these characters. More please. Yes.

Now excuse me while I have a good cry, a sweet, bittersweet cry, so I can find my emotional center again. But more, yes please. I will always come back for this.
Narilka
Mar 18, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: frb2020, read-in-2020, fbr
Rating: 3.5 stars

The Queen's Bargain is the 10th book in the Black Jewels series by Anne Bishop. I was so excited when I heard this book was going to be released as I have missed these characters and I thought the series was completed. I think this is a case of "be careful what you wish for." I'm not going to attempt a synopsis as there's no way I could do it without spoilers since the plot of this one is fairly simple. Needless to say the story focuses on Daemon, Surreal, Lucifer, Marion and in
Rion
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anne
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I honestly wanted to like this. I love the Black Jewels books. In my opinion, this isn't 2 stars, but it's not quite 3 stars either. 2.5 would be more accurate.

The stories in the book do not mesh very well. There is a lot of what feels like ret-conning; creating issues that have never been there before, but suddenly they not only exist but have ALWAYS existed.

This whole book felt like the thought process was something along the lines of "well, I was thinking about writing a story about X, and an
Victoria Clarke
Disappointed

I love the other books in this series, like read them every couple of months. This one was not anywhere close to my favorite.

It took Surreal, a vital, fascinating witch and made her a whiny brat. I mean a Sceltie was given more consideration than she was. If Sadi and Luciver were shaped by their pasts why was hers treated like unimportant. She was treated just as bad and even if she chose to work in the Red Moon houses her choice was for survival just like the men's choices.

I was
Mskychick
Feb 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: ff
I really liked the Black Jewels series, but this book simply didn’t do it for me.
I can’t stand Surreal
And Surreal and Daemon’s daughter is a little shit whom I wish bad things upon.
This book felt rather unfinished or unfleshed out to me, and oddly unsatisfying.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Fantasy Buddy Reads: The Queen's Bargain [Mar 17, 2020] 30 43 Mar 31, 2020 07:31AM

• Smoke Bitten (Mercy Thompson, #12)
  • Ride Steady (Chaos, #3)
  • The Savior (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #17)
  • Hot for Teacher
  • A Sticky Situation (Awkward Love, #7)
  • Comfort Zone (Awkward Love, #4)
  • Too Much Information (Awkward Love, #3)
  • Don't Go There (Awkward Love, #5)
  • The Truth About Us
  • Payback's A Bitch (Awkward Love, #6)
  • I Hate You More
  • I Hate You, Marry Me (Hate You, #4)
  • I Hate You, Propose (Hate You, #3)
  • I Hate You
  • I Hate You, Remember Me (Hate You, #2)
  • A Million Dirty Secrets (Million Dollar Duet, #1)
  • Good Boyfriend (The Bad Nanny Trilogy #1.5)
  • Boyfriend Bargain (Hawthorne University, #1)
Anne Bishop lives in upstate New York where she enjoys gardening, music, and writing dark, romantic stories. She is the author of over twenty novels, including the award-winning Black Jewels Trilogy. She has written a new series, the Others, which is an urban dark fantasy with a bit of a twist.

Crawford Award (2000)

Librarian Note: There is more than one author in the GoodReads database with this na

The Black Jewels (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Daughter of the Blood (The Black Jewels, #1)
  • Heir to the Shadows (The Black Jewels, #2)
  • Queen of the Darkness (The Black Jewels, #3)
  • The Invisible Ring (The Black Jewels, #4)
  • Dreams Made Flesh (The Black Jewels, #5)
  • Tangled Webs (The Black Jewels, #6)
  • The Shadow Queen (The Black Jewels, #7)
  • Shalador's Lady (The Black Jewels, #8)
  • Twilight's Dawn (The Black Jewels, #9)
  • The Queen's Weapons (The Black Jewels #11)