Start by marking “Hostile Territory (Blackbridge Security, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hostile Territory (Blackbridge Security, #1)

Hostile Territory

(Blackbridge Security #1)

Can you call someone an enemy if you haven’t seen them for the better part of a decade?

Deacon Black is perfectly content with the status quo—work, sleep, repeat.
Who cares if he’s rigid, structured, and set in his ways?
It’s a job requirement that keeps his men safe and his company’s doors open.
One phone call is all it takes to upend his life and land him right back into a p
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 225 pages
Published June 25th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Hostile Territory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hostile Territory

Start your review of Hostile Territory (Blackbridge Security, #1)
Nadine Bookaholic
I have to say this was an interesting twist on the Enemies-to-Lovers trope because I don't recall ever reading a story about the Enemy being your best friends ex-husband. Some may think this is a betrayal of the "girl code" but after reading this book I would disagree.

I really enjoyed the quick comebacks that Anna had with Deacon especially when some of them could be taken a different way, that was just hilarious!

Read my full review and enter a giveaway here - https://bit.ly/NBReviewHT

hostile territory marie james

Nadine's Obsessed with Books **I hav
Ria  | Abstract ♥ Books

My-Post-1

Hostile Territory is the first book of the Black ridge Security series by Marie James . Told in dual point of View , this book was one of best enemies to lovers trope that I have ever read.

This was my first book by this author and I am a huge fan of hers now. This book twisted my emotions and had me laughing so hard at some points. I absolutely loved the banter between Deacon and Anna. Both of them were spitfires in their own way .

Deacon is an ex military who got out and is now the owner of a s
April Symes
Hostile Territory by Marie James is book 1 in the Blackbridge Security series. This is
Deacon Black and Annalise Grimaldi’s story. Deacon is former military and now owner of Blackbridge Security and and Consulting. 8 years ago, his marriage to his wife Dani ended in a courtroom. Fast forward to 8 years later, he gets a call from Dani's BFF Annalise and all she says is "It's Dani". Deacon and Annalise never got along- at all. So for Annalise to call him, he knew something had to be up.
When Annal
AJ
Jun 21, 2020 rated it it was ok
“Everyone has a history. Ours is just a little more tangled than most.”

2 stars

The beginning of a new series by Marie James, I was really excited by the sound of this book – long-time-enemies to lovers, badass alpha dude, and a heroine in need of help and protection from said badass. Sounds fun, right? But this book just didn’t work for me.

Firstly, to set the scene… Deacon Black runs Blackbridge Security, with his team of smart, gorgeous and trusty badasses by his side (nicely setting up the re
Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
This was a book that I devoured and couldn't get over after I finished reading it. I was sucked into it from the very first page and it captured my undivided attention. Enemies to lovers is one of my favorite tropes ever and this book was written just the way I like it. It was perfection to me.

Deacon Black has disliked Annalise Grimaldi from high school. They never got along but for the sake of Annalise's best friend and Deacon's then girlfriend they were always in the same vicinity. Many years
Doris
Enemies to Lovers

Deacon was ex military who now has his own security business. Anna is his ex wife's best friend so when something happens to Dani, Anna gets a hold of Deacon for help. I have to say I loved this book with the suspense, steam and humor. All of the characters in this book sure held their own and have me wanting to see where things go for all of them.
Inked Belle’s Book Blog
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I don’t understand how this is my first Marie James book. Why aren’t people screaming this woman’s name from the rooftops? Am I deaf? Why, oh why?? This is me first Marie James book and that is a travesty. I was hooked by the end of chapter one and ready to go full fangirl. I will be going down her backlist and eagerly awaiting Book 2 in this series.
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Amazon US / Amazon UK / Amazon CA / Amazon AU

The last person he ever thought he'd hear from, the last person he WANTS to hear from, is his ex wife's best friend, Annalise. But she needs his help locating Deacon's ex, and finding out who left her condo in ruin. Deacon and Annalise despise each other, to say the least, but he's a professional so he'll do his job. He just doesn't know what to do with his attraction to someone he hates.

Annalise wants for nothing. She's a socialite with the p
Laura ~ Not Now I'm Reading
Jul 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
I truly enjoyed this first book in the Blackbridge Security series. The characters were well fleshed out and the history between all of them very believable.

The character of Annalise was very sympathetic. Her feeling of always being a third wheel and second thought to everyone in her life was portrayed very empathetically. You felt her disappointment without feeling sorry for her.

Deacon was rock solid - until he wasn't. I wanted to smack some sense into him a few times and yell at him to use his
Mary Mooney
Jun 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads, so here is my review.
Deacon Black is content with his life, but when someone from the past calls he has feels surface that he hasn't felt in years.
Annalise doesn't know what to do when her BFF goes missing. She does know who to call, but making the call is not easy. She has always hated Deacon, even when he was married to her best friend.
Deacon and his men will travel around the world to find Dani but who is after her and
Sandy S
Jun 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
HOSTILE TERRITORY is the first instalment in Marie James’ contemporary, adult BLACKBRIDGE SECURITY erotic, romantic suspense series focusing on the team that works for BBS (Blackbridge Security). This is security specialist and Blackbridge Security owner Deacon Black, and Annalise Grimaldi’s story line. BLACKBRIDGE SECURITY is a spin off from the author’s Cerberus MC Series. You do not have to have read the original series to understand or follow the current time line.

Told from dual first person
Sassy Southern
Jun 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a gripping protector to lover romance! This book was full of suspense and drama and kept me on the edge of my seat from start to finish. Every time I thought I knew what was going to happen the author tossed in another twist and had my dying to know how things were going to work out.
Deacon and Anna were both great characters. Deacon is hard and no nonsense. When he gets a call from his ex wife's best friend asking for help finding her he knows that this is something he can't just walk away
Michele McMullen
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Deacon & Anna ...I love the enemies to lovers story line but now add in that He is the ex-husband of her best friend and the only man she can think of to help her . A ransacked apartment, a missing friend , a frightened sassy sexy woman and loads of mystery, intrigue, and sexual tension. When Deacon a ex military man that is now running a successful security firm receives a call from his past it puts him right in the middle of the mess that his ex wife has created. Anna did not know who to call ...more
Veronica Bellaorev Books
Jun 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: romances, arc-s
Hostile Territory is the beginning of the Blackbrigde Security Series and also my first read by Marie James. Full on enemies to lovers romance with lots of sexy alpha males, passion, a bit of suspense and action.

Deacon Black is a broody ex military alpha male. He is now the boss at Blackbrigde Security and a total badass. 8 years after his divorce what he didn't expected was to hear from his ex-wife best friend, Annalise Grimaldi. He never liked Anna and now said woman is calling to help find h
Kari Hansen
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Deacon has parlayed his military experience into the security business he created however the last person he expected to get a call from was from Annalise, his ex-wife Dani’s best friend, who needs his help as Dani is missing under mysterious circumstances. When he married Dani he thought it was forever only to find out that the future they planned wasn’t the future she wanted and they haven’t spoken since.

Annalise will do anything for her best friend and that includes contacting the one man who
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was insanely good!! I feel this way about this author’s work but she outdid herself this time. Buckle up, you’re in for a wild ride with this fast-paced and suspenseful story. Almost a decade after Deacon’s divorce he has started his own security firm, moved on from his hellish marriage and finally has some semblance of peace until it is broken by his ex wife’s best friend calling scared out of her mind. Annalise isn’t just his ex-wife’s Best friend she also has hated him since high sc ...more
Renee Entress
4 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, pain, secrets, suspense, and heartbreak.

This is Annalise and Deacon’s story. When Annalise thinks her best friend is in trouble, she calls on Deacon. He is after all her best friend’s ex-husband. As he investigates her friends’ disappearance, they grow close. But he is all over the place with his emotions. One minute he is hot for her and the next he ignores her or is cold. What is going to happen when they finally find her friend?
Behind Closed Doors Book Review
Amount of sex 2.5 / 5
How explicit are the sex scenes 2.5 / 5
Story 4 / 5
Overall: 4 / 5

Hostile Territory is the first book in the Blackbridge Security series written by author Marie James. It tells the story of Deacon Blackbridge and Annalise Grimaldi. When Deacon was younger, he went into the military, but first, he married his then-girlfriend, Danielle Altieri. Sadly, when he returned home, Dani served him with divorce papers. Now, fast forward eight years, and he’s become successful with his ow
Stephanie Phillips (Stephanie's Book Reports)
I received a free copy of this book from the author.

This is the first book in the Blackbridge Security.  We meet Deacon, owner of Blackbridge Security; and his ex-wife's BFF Annalise Grimaldi.

They've been mortal enemies since high school. Now she needs his help!  His ex-wife is missing and there's a dead body in her apartment. Funny enough she turns to the one man she probably shouldn't.

Danny is caught off guard when Annalise walks back into his life asking for help.  He's also surprised at t
Vera Quinn
Love this new series!

Deacon Black is a hard as nails man that never forgives and never forgets. He was a dedicated soldier and when he left the military started a security company and he brought with some him some men just as hard as he is to make his team. His team works as one with the precision of a swift sword. This is how he likes life until someone from his past turns his world on it's axis. Through in Puff Daddy and he brings in the comedy around all these intense men.
I love all Marie J
Lindsey Domokur of Crazy Reader Chicks
Jun 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I am a sucker for an enemies to lovers book, but best friends ex-husband I wasn't so sure about. This was a happy surprise and really worked for me.
Anna calls Deacon when her best friend, his ex-wife, goes missing after a shooting in her apartment. There is a lot of blood and Anna doesn't know who else to call for help. Deacon doesn't want anything to do with his ex-wife, and he wants even less to do with her snippy best friend who never thought he was good enough.
The fact that Anna and Deacon d
lowkeyreader
Jun 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the first book of the series and I’m hooked! I can't wait to read more from this series.

Deacon used to date Dani in high school which ended up them getting married. Deacon and Anna never got along even though Anna is Dani's best friend so she was always around these two. Up until Dani divorced him and moved on with her life.

Now years later, Anna saw someone got terribly injured in Dani's apartment and the only thing she could think of doing was to call Dani's ex-husband. Deacon never th
Kylee
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hostile Territory was a story that had me gripped from the very first page. Deacon and Anna’s story is an enemies to lovers romance that draws you in to not only the story but the characters. An action packed suspense with so much chemistry and heat that it radiates off the pages. The characters connected with me instantly and at times had me holding my breath as the push and pull between Deacon and Anna became electric. This captivating start to a new series has me itching for more.
Gail
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Marie.. what can I say.. you never cease to amaze me.. I absolutely devoured this book. I cant wait for more in the Blackbridge Security series.

Deacon is a ex military man who got out and now owns his own security company. Deacon was once married to Dani.. the woman he thought he would spend forever with... Until forever didn't work for her.

Anna is a socialite.. Not having to want for anything... she is also Dani's best friend. but when all hell breaks out in her apartment building and she thi
Carole Rockey-Noy
Jun 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hostile Territory by Marie James is the first book in the Blackbridge Security series. Deacon Black has known Annalise Grimaldi for years...considering she’s his ex-wife’s BFF. But, when Anna calls, scared to death, Deacon jumps into action. This is a fast paced, enemies to lovers romantic suspense with heat, danger, attitude, and a seriously hysterical, yet very inappropriate African parrot!
Jenny B
Jul 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Deacon black had me swooning in his former military alpha ways and what a great read that had me on the edge of my seat. This was the perfect blend of suspense but still had some heat built in (but what I loved it wasn’t the focus of the story).

Well done and a perfect start to the series and I love how there was some intermingling with characters from the prior series.
Tish (Cocktails & Fairytales)
Jul 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a great start to a new series! Makes me really look forward to what will be coming next. I did have a hard time connecting to some of the characters at the beginning but as the story went on that changed. I loved the storyline and most of the characters. Marie James writes insanely hot alphas like nobody else and the men in Hostile Territory were no exception.
Red Hot Romance Blog
Jun 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-reads
* I received an advance reader copy in exchange for an honest review. *

This is my first-time reading Marie James and I am sorry I did not do it sooner. The first book in the Blackbridge Security series follow two people who hated each other since they were teenagers. Can someone be your enemy if you have not seen each other for almost a decade?
Annalise is best friends with Deacon’s ex-wife so of course he never expected to hear her voice on the other end of the phone asking to help find Dani. Wh
Avid Reader
Jun 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hostile Territory (Blackbridge Security #1) by Marie James
4 stars
M/F Military Romance
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Deacon thought that his old life was behind him. He was content with his job, his friends and his business. Despite being burned early in life, he knew that marriage wasn't for everyone. When he receives a frantic call from his ex-wife's best friend saying that his ex-wife has been killed, Deacon knows he can't just turn his back.

Annalise has never truly
RLoves2Read
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Marie James has started the new series off with a bang! She has given us the perfect swoon worthy, ex-military turned security Hero with Deacon Black!

This enemies to lovers story is a great romantic suspense with the perfect mix of crazy that involves Deacon's kidnapped ex-wife and her hot BFF that he can't help but fall for. And no matter how hard he tries to tell himself that it is wrong, the desire is there to win out!

This slow burn romance will leave you excited for the next book in this se
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Falling for the Single Dad (The Single Dads of Seattle, #10)
  • Lie (Betrothed #8)
  • Silver-Tongued Devil (Rough Riders, #0.5)
  • The Saint (Haven Grace Prep, #2)
  • Not My Romeo (The Game Changers, #1)
  • Wild Highway (Runaway, #2)
  • Plan B
  • Dalton
  • Scandalous Scotsman (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Prince of Hearts (Verona Legacy, #1)
  • The Rivals
  • Shaft (Soulless Bastards MC Maryland Chapter, #2)
  • Game Changer (Wynn Hockey, #5)
  • Die for Her (Steele Raiders MC)
  • Gauge (Soulless Bastards MC Maryland Chapter, #1)
  • The Rival Roomies (The Rooftop Crew, #3)
  • Paine (Rosewood High #2)
  • Aggro

Last Release:
Tug: Cerberus MC Book 10

Next Release: Scooter: Cerberus MC Book 11

Marie James is a mother of two boys and wife of 15 years. She's spent most of her life lifetime living in central Texas, with only short stays in South Carolina, Alabama, and Florida. Her passions include reading everything under the sun and sewing, although she doesn't ge

Blackbridge Security (7 books)
  • Shot in the Dark (Blackbridge Security, #2)
  • Contingency Plan (Blackbridge Security, #3)
  • Truth Be Told (Blackbridge Security, #4)
  • Calculated Risk (Blackbridge Security, #5)
  • Heroic Measures (Blackbridge Security Book 6)
  • Sleight of Hand (Blackbridge Security Book 7)

News & Interviews