Start by marking “Tethered to the World (A Phantom Touched Novel)” as Want to Read:
Tethered to the World (A Phantom Touched Novel)

Tethered to the World

(A Phantom Touched #1)

ONE TOUCH CAN SAVE YOU FROM CERTAIN DEATH...OR SENTENCE YOU TO AN ETERNITY IN HELL.

Born with the ability to defy death, Annora has been warned to keep her gift secret, but her greedy uncle can't resist exploiting her by any means necessary. Starvation, beatings, broken bones--she's survived them all and emerged stronger. But it's not enough for him. It will never be enough
Published June 20th 2019 by Independently published (first published June 19th 2019)

Start your review of Tethered to the World (A Phantom Touched Novel)
Marguerite (M)
Rating: 4 stars

I have read that story before, more than a few times. It's a bit of Academy of Assassins, a bit of Born of Embers, a bit of Hunted by Shadows, a bit of Bound Spirit, a bit of Trying To Live With The Dead.
But Stacey Brutger managed to make of a very unoriginal plot something complex and worth the read.

Annora has spent most of her life chained in the basement of her psychopath uncle, sold as miracle medicine and beaten to death for the fun of it. After a close escape and a twist
Alaina
rating: 3.5

Tethered to the World was a good book but ended up annoying me at times. Mostly because of all the "explain's" or whatever that bullshit was. PLUS, I was kind of expecting more from her villainous uncle? Or is that just me? I mean we got like five minutes of the dude and I feel like all he really did was just laugh? It was weird but maybe he will be more of an asshole in the next one?

Other than that, Annora was an okay character. She was definitely interesting to a point and I liked h
Kelly
Jul 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rh-read
Please, for the love of RH, stop saying "Explain." or "Tell me." a billion times because it's annoying AS HELL! I pretty much went like this when I kept seeing them all over the place:

Tell me.

Tell me.

EXPLAIN.
description

Other than that, this book was okay. I didn't love it, but I liked it enough to want the next one in the series.
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
Typical reverse harem story line, no story line and adoring eyes from all the guys.
Jennifer Rivera
It’s good, it just doesn’t make sense

Pros: 4 stars
Great female lead. Strong, not annoying
The guys are awesome
Loved the Paranormals from a troll with living pink hair to a poisonous lizard. Great characters.

Cons: 3 stars
probably will end up giving spoilers so don’t read further if that will bother you. The whole concept just felt off to me.

I’m not a fan of insta love. They are all head over heels in less than a week. While this is not my fave, I wouldn’t take off stars for that because some peop
Paula
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reverseharem, 4-stars
I really liked it. The problem is that it's going to be a while until the next book comes out. ...more
Siri
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
YAAS that was such a good fucking book, i need mooore!!
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SO GOOOOOOOOD!!

and the next book isnt out yet omg major book hangover!! so good, I would like a bit more romance and interactions between her and the guys but man so cool! need that next one!
Tiera McMillian
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: july2019
Whew! This was probably a 4-4.5 star read for me. It was kind of phenomenal and I'm loving this story line so far. I'm not quite sure where to start. This story ended up being on the darker side but the characters and the backstory really made this a captivating read. I loved all the characters! Annora, the FMC, manages to be both vulnerable and strong at the same time. The chemistry between Annora and all our guys is on point! All the guys have wonderful differences and different strengths and ...more
Silvia Andrito
Jul 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good, fast read. Interesting and action packed. The main characters are uncommon supernaturals (not wolves or vampires). So that was interesting. It is 3.75 starts for me because the relationships get no development, is another fated mates situation, so not a lot of time is spent developing the whole falling in love thing. The world is interesting and different. I will read the next one.
Georgia Bradlaw
I’m honestly not sure how I managed to push myself this far through the book. DNF at 45% (although to be honest I wanted to give up almost by chapter three). But I had to be fair to the author as I’d liked some of her previous series. Maybe I was judging it too early?

Spolier: I wasn’t.

The first chapter had amazing detail and description and it drew me right in. I was excited for where the sorry went.

By chapter three this had turned into every other RH forced-into-a-team-together type book. Bu
Cali Teer
Ohhhh man this was a weird one. I heard a lot of good things about it and to me, it missed the mark on so many levels. The romances seemed so rushed and I'm sorry but I cannot understand why the author made one of the love interests a fucking troll with an underbite and fucked up teeth and literal troll doll hair. Why would you think anyone would wanna fuck that? or fantasize about fucking that?? just so much no. And Annora? snoooooooooze fest. If I had to read one more instance of "the urge ...more
Soph
JadeShea
Tethered to the World begins with the heroine running from someone. She finally found a place that will teach her to fight, but when she has to save someones life, she lets out her secret, and now he wants to help her by sending her to a school to help train her.

This book sort of felt like it was all over the place. It had an interesting story, and I enjoyed the characters. But at one time it felt like the heroine was a bad-ass, then the next she needed help, so that was annoying. Other than th
Electriss ★BookishGamer★
It was good. Not the best thing I've ever read but not the worst.
Will prob read the sequel when it comes out
Noël
Feb 26, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It read so monotone, but the story was okay. I’ll probably read the second book.
Renia
Jul 03, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a little weird and reminded me of another book but i liked it. I would definitely read the other books in these series.
Annika
Jan 04, 2021 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Really boring. And the fmc has literally no character except being „not like the other girls“, and we all know what that means.
Patron Saint Fitzwilliam
This was a buddy read with the RHR ladies.

In spite of the inexplicable insta-love in this book, I did enjoy it. I am rounding up from 3.75 stars for this one, because the last 30% made me optimistic about the later books...and also, the emergence of a new but kind of not new character has me all sorts of intrigued. If only his name didn't suck so bad.

So. Insta-love. I get it, when mates come into play, people love that idea or hate it. I happen to fall somewhere on that continuum toward the po
Katyana
This was really great. The characters, the world, the plot, ... I just really, really enjoyed the hell out of it.

Fair warning: the heroine has suffered some grisly abuse in her past, and we get details via nightmares. It's awful, but for me personally, the bit of emotional distance we get from it - because they are nightmares, not a thing happening right now, so there's always this awareness that she survived and emerged unbroken - makes it tolerable. But it makes me a little nervous, because i
Maraya21 (The Reading Dragon)
♦ BR with the gurls over at Reverse Harem Revolution

When I read this the only other sample of Brutger's work I had was Academy of Assassins & Heart of the Assassins, the first two books in the Academy of Assassins Series, which I did not like.

So when I went into this my expectations quota was set to Low, capital L. Problem is I was caught with my belly and paws up cause this was Great. Nothing like the Academy of Assanines!

♬ Boy do I have hopes for this series ♬
Kayla
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Now, this was an absolutely captivating read.

There were no words left for me to say at the end of the book. The emotional roller coaster I went on while reading this book had the stereotypical cart, wheels, and drops, but it also felt like it had a VR headset and chocolate along with it. The entire book was well-thought out and edited, but not just that- it was as realistic as possible and perfectly, sinfully decadent. Annora is sassy, badass, brave, and just the right amount of oblivious (let’
Daisy Delfin
Pages: 287
My rating (stars): 3
Read other books from this author in the future: yes

Tethered to the world is the first book in the series A Phantom Touched Novel.
Annora is working and training at a gym when a group of guys attack here boss and instead of running away she safes him. She is running from her Uncle who kept her prisoner because of her talents. To keep her safe, her boss sends her to a school for humans and supes. He puts her in a house and team in a house with four guys.

The story sta
Che
I have so many mixed feelings about this book.

First of i tried a failed with trying not to compare these guys with the guys from Academy of Assassins, (which i absolutely enjoyed )

Camden reminds me of Kincade the gargoyle
Mason -Ryder the wolf
Xander - of Atlas the fae
Logan - Draven the siren
(view spoiler), if you have not read Academy of Assassins the i think you would enjoy it?

The secret keeping really annoyed me and
Noone
Nov 22, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
With a lot of imagination, I can see what this book tried to do.
I probably would've liked the book this would've been if an experienced writer had written it.
But in reality, the writing is worse than in your average fanfiction.

The book seems like someone gave the notes someone wrote in preparation of writing the first draft to an editor which tried his best to create something resembling a book from it.
Mary
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cliffhanger, but I loved it anyway.

The book ends on a cliffhanger that’s almost cruel but don’t let it put you off. It’s a great book and well written with a good length! I gave my partner the look of death when he suggested I put it down for five minutes!
Jeanny
Ugh 😑 this ends in a cliffhanger. 3 stars
I’ll continue the series.
ava waterton
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic read.

I enjoyed all of the characters, especially the heroine. I cannot wait to read the next installment in the series.
Khanh
Jul 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars.
Jo
Aug 05, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story

Really interesting read, different to alot of RH books out there at the moment. Looking forward to see where this series will go

• Reborn in Flames (Reborn, #1)
  • Academy of Six (Origins of the Six, #1)
  • Seven Wishes (The Caelum Academy Trilogy, #1)
  • Once Upon A Wolf (Everafter Academy, #1)
  • Witchling Academy: Semester One (Spell Traveler Chronicles, #1)
  • Rival (The Aces, #1)
  • Chaos Unlocked (Unlocked, #1)
  • Slaying Year Two (Grim Reaper Academy #2)
  • Vile Trials (Magic Academy for Troubled Monsters #1)
  • The Cardinal Bird (The Cardinal, #1)
  • Void
  • Brand New Blade (Angel Academy #1)
  • Threat (Academy of Unpredictable Magic, #4)
  • Blaze of Wrath (Phoenix Rising, #5)
  • Eight Souls (The Caelum Academy Trilogy #2)
  • Shadow Touched (The Veil Keeper #1)
  • Destruction of Two (Origins of the Six #3)
  • Oath Sworn (Jacky Leon #1)
See top shelves…
Stacey Brutger lives in a small town in Minnesota with her husband and an assortment of animals.

When she's not reading (from the towering stack of books she can't resist buying), she enjoys creating stories about exotic worlds and grand adventures...then shoving in her characters to see how they'd survive. She enjoys writing anything paranormal from contemporary to historical.

~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~

A Phantom Touched (3 books)
  • Shackled to the World (A Phantom Touched #2)
  • Ransomed to the World (A Phantom Touched, #3)