Start by marking “Trusting Lucas (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; Fierce Protectors #7)” as Want to Read:
Trusting Lucas (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; Fierce Protectors #7)

(Fierce Protectors #7)

Lucas Burke, former SEAL and current wanderer, keeps close company with the demons haunting him from a lifetime of death, despair, and decisions he can’t reconcile, specifically the role he played in keeping Chloe Crew captive over a year ago. Now working for her brother, he’s determined to keep his distance, but his heart and mind have rallied against his every good inten ...more
Published March 2020 by Aces Press (first published November 12th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Trusting Lucas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trusting Lucas

Start your review of Trusting Lucas (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; Fierce Protectors #7)
Casey Hagen
Jun 25, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Fierce Protectors
7/8
Complete Series
Purchase Link: geni.us/Fierce7
Sharon Grow
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the most emotionally complex stories that I have read. You feel the conflicting emotions of Chloe Crew who was rescued after being kidnapped and Lucas Burke who aided in her recovery along with her brother Zane. Lucas, an undercover DEA Agent, kept Chloe safe while in captivity, but was unable to prevent her from being drugged by her captors. Chloe finally seeks help from a therapist to overcome her tragic past in order to be the mother that her two children deserve. She also need ...more
Yvonne Cruz
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW, just WOW!! I don’t know how she does it, but this very talented author has given us another extraordinary story.
The story of Lucas Burke and Chloe Crew, whom we met in the previous book, is one that is heartbreaking, and touching.
These two have gone to hell and back. He as an undercover DEA agent who had to act the part not only to stay alive, but also to safeguard Chloe while she was held kidnapped.
Both are still struggling to get back to their previous lives and when it seems they might n
Jayne Wheatley
Chloe and Lucas
Could be read as standalone but the series has interlinked characters so I recommend reading the series in order, it’s amazing and addictive.
Lucas has always intrigued me so I loved having his story expanded
( I feel there’s still more to come tho)
Lucas was a wonderful alpha male caring loyal and most of all he trusted in Chloe implicitly
Chloe had a bit of a love hate going on with her brother Zane.
I think she always wanted to get their relationship back on track but didn’t kno
BreRile
May 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Chloe is the older sister of Zane lead of a previous book. Chloe's history of dating bad men resulted in her being take hostage. Lucas, a former SEAL who once saved Zane's life, was undercover in the gang that took Chloe. While he couldn't rescue her without breaking his cover, he did look out for her. Now freed, Chloe is struggling. Lucas understands better than anyone how hard it is kick heroin addiction forced upon them and the resulting demons and darkness. When it turns out the the criminal ...more
Bev Sten
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was soooooo good. Chloe was recovering from being kidnapped by drug dealers that addicted her to heroin. She's trying to take back her life and stop being scared. Lucas was undercover with the drug dealers and tried to keep Chloe as safe as possible. Now home the threat is back.
If you like a great romantic suspense story this is it. I was biting my nails and holding my breath. This whole series will keep you on your toes. I highly recommend this book and series.
Karen J
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

Realistic, heart breaking , and so real of women who simply try to survive and live, but end up in fire scary situations.
Truly, loved the reason for the story, the way you intertwined different mini themes, abuse, addictions, safety being first, and feelings of inadequacy of stopping what happens to one!
Simply, a terrific story!

But Laramie ?????!!!!!!
When?!!!!

Karen
Sue
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lucas and chloe have been thru hell before together. Her a prisoner and shot up with drugs, and Lucas undercover and had to shootup to show his loyalty so he could protect her without them being suspious. Well hell has returned and they may have to go thru this again. She'll do anything to protect her kids and he'll do anything to protect her. Lots of action, steam and love. Excellent story. ...more
Gucci 35
Mar 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Trusting Lucas

Trusting Lucas is another hit for Hagen. This story is fast pace and picks up were Trusting Jake left off. I highly recommend you reading this series in order. Characters and storyline flow from one book the other. Honestly I can't get enough of this series. Happy Reading!!!
Debra Smith
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lucas

Great read. It was nice to see two people who struggle with their past face their fears and make a bettering together. it's also always great to see so.e of Susan's men in the stories. Lucas has fought hard to.overcome his past and build a life with the woman he loves. Heart stopping ending , ready for the next book.
Ginny Pearson
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Casey Hagen has always had a way of pulling my heartstrings with her stories but this one brought me down.
There are issues of kidnapping, drugs being used and rebuilding lives and family relationships.
This is my absolute favorite of her books and that says a lot considering all of her stories. This is a 20 star plus read. Unfortunately they only give us 5 to work with.
Iris Hehe
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

Chloe met Lucas when he was an undercover DEA agent. She had been held a long time and was hooked on drugs during that time. Lucas working for her brother Zane. Soon Lucas and Chloe are again feeling sparks.
Helen Diedericks
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Wow! What an ending. The last sentence did it for me. Can’t wait for the next one!!!
Renee Johnson
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book

Casey is able to get you drawn in and loving the characters, in just a short amount of time. The story is good, u just wished it was longer, she keeps you wanting more.
Carol Tietsworth
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Addicted to these, read all but one this past week, reading last one now!
Robin Gland
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent story great book.

This book has all the dynamics; research, writing, timing, emotions and a HEA. I read the entire book in one sitting.
Debbie Benson
I received this book as part of an ARC review. The only complaint I have is the ending. Please say you have the next book out real soon. Chloe and Lucas are survivors and in each other find someone who understands them. Chloe on the advice of her therapist learns to trust her instincts and they say that Lucas is good for her. Lucas doesn't think he is but she convinces him. When things are going good for them, Vic and Sorelli come to mess it up for them. Vic is thought to be dead but he was work ...more
Jennifer Parker
Aug 11, 2020
tigger.spook
Feb 04, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Unlocking Hope (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Flipping Love Story Book 2)
  • Maximus (Special Forces: Operation Alpha, Gold Team #4)
  • Damaged (Triple Canopy #1)
  • Rescuing Katherine (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Bravo RISC Team #2)
  • Flawed (Triple Canopy Book 2)
  • Saving Love (Saving, #1; Brotherhood Protectors World)
  • SEAL's Sky (Operation Alpha: Special Forces / Black Eagle Book 4)
  • Rescuing Samantha (Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • Blood Moon (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; SEALs on Vacation #2)
  • Taking Liberty (The Next Generation #7)
  • Elise (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Finding His Destiny Book 2)
  • SEAL's Hellion (Special Forces Operation Alpha / Black Eagle Book 3)
  • Fighting for Elena (Tarpley VFD #1; Police and Fire: Operation Alpha)
  • Justice for Oswin (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha / Seeking Justice Book 3)
  • Fighting for Brittney (Tarpley VFD #5; Police and Fire: Operation Alpha)
  • Fighting For Carly (Tarpley VFD #2; Police and Fire: Operation Alpha)
  • Declan
  • Protecting Clover (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Search & Rescue Book 2)
USA Today Bestselling author Casey Hagen pens her stories from the salty air of Kennebunk, Maine. She's the author of over 30 books that would make your mama raise her eyebrows if she caught you reading them!

All things Casey here: geni.us/StalkCasey

FULL LIST OF BOOKS:

Fierce Protectors:

Tallulah Cove:

Fierce Protectors (8 books)
  • Shielding Nebraska (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; Fierce Protectors #1)
  • Shielding Harlow (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; Fierce Protectors #2)
  • Shielding Josie (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; Fierce Protectors #3)
  • Shielding Blair (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; Fierce Protectors #4)
  • Trusting Jake (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; Fierce Protectors #5)
  • Trusting Zane (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; Fierce Protectors #6)
  • Trusting Xavier (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; Fierce Protectors #8)

News & Interviews