Start by marking “Weathernose” as Want to Read:
Weathernose

Weathernose

Why in the world do kids have to go and invent things these days?

In the Cerulean Universe, the world is only just awakening to scientific discovery and invention. And Tart Morning hates change. He’s had the same old quilt since he was twelve, if you know what I mean. And now, thanks to a ground-breaking invention called “the weathernose” – a machine that calculates weather

Published August 21st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Weathernose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Weathernose

Start your review of Weathernose
Yusr Taibah
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From the amazing writing style to the full of life characters to the surprising plot, This book was a fun and light read!!!! I highly recommend it if you're in for a joyous ride!
Velika
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great little book. Little, because of its length, but in no way because of its qualities. Very vibrant and dynamic, thoroughly easy and enjoyable to read. Full with wisdom, inhabited by cool characters and bustling with charm. Recommend it to everyone!

I think also a good base for a children's' book, with beautiful drawings? :)
David Wilson
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In "The Weathernose," you will meet Tart, and Cypress. There are other characters, but these are the focus. One has always dreamed of sailing, but has worked as a weatherman all his life, a job he's "okay" at but that has driven him to solitude. Cyrpress is a prodigy who has replaced Tart through the invention of "The Weathernose," a much more accurate way to predict the weather. That is the backdrop. The meat of this story, though, told in a sort of Neil Gaimanish fashion like a parable, is the ...more
Eileen
What a fabulous little novella! I loved the cranky, lonely old weatherman and the arrogant child prodigy as they learn not only about each other, but about themselves! This was such a delightful short story and the ending left me wanting to read more about their future adventures together! I hope the author writes more stories about them. I can highly recommend this for anyone looking for a fun adventure!

Special thanks to #MaramTaibah and #BookSirens for this ARC in exchange for an honest review
Lujain
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Weathernose was an exceedingly fun read. I read it while I took my daughters to the park one day and it helped me decompress after a week full of adulting 🤣
I loved how it flowed and how real the characters were/are!
It was laugh out loud humor, lighthearted, and very colorful. It reminded me of my childhood and how seriously clueless adults are and that we are all human and that kindness matters.
As awesome and complete as it was, I pray there’s a sequel, maybe a deeper dive into that cerulean w
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
The fastest way to get out of a rut can also be the hardest one.

What an interesting main character Tart was! He was the sort of person who had plenty of flaws that he wasn’t aware of in the slightest. I honestly didn’t like him very much in the beginning because of that, but I soon changed my mind as he began his journey of personal growth. He had a long way to go, and it was marvellous to see how he changed as a result of meeting Cyprus and losing his job.

There were pacing issues. The plot star
Michele
Jun 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a magical little book. Tart and Cypress jump off the page and into your heart from the very beginning and stay with you long after you've finished the story. Filled with storylines, dialogue and conflicts an adult can relate to, this is by no means strictly relegated to the children's shelves -- yet it is also easily accessible and reader-friendly for younger readers as well. Loved this book.
Mark (and Melissa) Goodrich
Jun 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you're looking for a great little read for young readers with a steampunk feel and believable characters. Turn your life's plan upside down and see where things end up. Pick your side, Tart or Cypress, but by the end of the book, you may find yourself on an even keel like a balloon on the breeze. Great read for the young and young at heart.
Just_ann_now
Jun 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020
This middle-grade novel is lighthearted, but with a message kids can relate to and adults should. The characters and world-building were vivid and engaging, and the prose was full of dry wit. I would very much enjoy reading the further adventures of these improbable friends.
Kristina
Aug 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of the most creative page turning reads

Imaginative and creative characters with a moral to the story. Highly recommend. This is like an art film in written word.
Angya
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
About the writer on most online platforms I could find can be cited as follows:

This already inspires me as a reader to grab Taibah’s book. With a life this interesting at a fairly young age, one would expect some interesting stories. And would not be disappointed.

But this is not why I picked up this book.

I chose to rece
Almelyn
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
(got this book for free in BookSiren in exchange of an honest review)

Rating: 4.5/5
I really enjoyed the book. I love children's books, and I am quite sure that if you are also a fan of those, you would also like this.

Tart is an isolated 42 year old man who has forgotten what life is outside his island. He's already contented with being the weatherman. Along with his pet crow, Kra, he spends his time working on predicting the weather. It was what he always does, and he finds comfort in doing the
Alyssia Cooke
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful little book that will appeal to children and adults in equal measure. It's heart warming and poignant, a book full to the brim with whim and charm but not lacking for excellent characters or world building. Tart, a cynical weatherman, nineteen years on the job doing the same old routine day in and day out. Until Cypress comes along, inventor of the Weathernose and cause of his sudden employment. Child prodigy and boy does she know it.

By turns funny and moving, Weathernose pac
Megan
Nov 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Admittedly I didn't realize this was actually a novella, so I was a bit disconcerted when I looked down after a while and saw that I was 65% of the way through the book and it was going up with every page. There were some good points to this, I enjoyed seeing Tart and Cypress becoming friends, but I think it was a bit too easy to get there. Then again, I guess that's the point of it being a novella, eh? But I wish there had been more to it.

The character development is interesting. I had a seriou
Dima Alashram
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a cute, witty and fun novella! I finished it in one sitting. The minute you meet Tart you feel like you've known him for a long time, even though he exists in this made-up Cerulean universe that the author has weaved with absolute wit and skill.

This novella can easily be turned into a Pixar movie with all its light-hearted and fun events. The relationship between the main characters; Tart Morning and Cyprus Korkul, is developed in a smart and fun way. The author plants little surprises here
San
Nov 19, 2019 rated it liked it
This short novella is a perfect afternoon read, the best thing has to be the writing style-magnificent. For a new author the writing was profound and the way the story was structured. The author has the ability to write a full length novel.

What was really weird was TART snooping around a 10 year old's house, no matter how it's seen; it's weird. It doesn't matter if some little girl out does you and in hatred you go around snooping a child's home trying to find that thing.

Nevertheless the book is
Jessica
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

For more than half of this book I was very sad for Tart. He had lost his job, his credibility, and any hope for an income. He basically had turned into a deranged man bent on getting revenge. I really wasn’t sure if I liked this story or not until I got to the very end.

When Cyprus Korkul was introduced, I HATED her. She came across as the most spoiled child ever. The kind you know has never been told no and treats everyone badly because of
Lori
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Received as an ARC, this is an honest review. Tart served as the island of Linett's only weatherman- accomplishing his job on a small island nearby. He loved the quiet life of watching the sea and sky, calculating forecasts and sending them through a portal pipe to Linett. Unfortunately, his life is completely uprooted by The Weathernose- a invention crafted by Cypress, a smart young girl who claims her machine can deliver the weather faster. With his job lost, Tart decides to take his and his a ...more
A Silent Bookworm (Jessica Parker)
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: booksirens
I received a free copy of this book through BookSirens in exchange for an honest, voluntary review.

This novella really annoyed me for half the book because it seemed like the children dictated the actions of the adults. For example, why is it up to the child whether the father gave someone a job in the bookstore? The parent should be the parent. Just because a child is smart, does not mean they should have a free for all. This is just one of a few examples. At the beginning, I sympathized with T
Svetlana
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a lovely book!
I liked everything about this book. It is so lovely, well written, heartfelt and exciting. Don't event let me start about the cover that is just amazing!
I liked both the characters and the plot. Apart from being an entertaining book for children (and adults as well), it also has a teaching quality to itself: telling how people do have it in themselves to be better than even they thought they can be. It is the warmth of heart that wins in the end.
I think this is a great read fo
Emma
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I recieved a free copy of this book via booksirens in exchange for an honest review.

I found this a really sweet and fun book. I love the writing style, it was melodic. The characters were great and very believable. Tart came across mostly as a bitter man but with good reason. Cyrpess seemed a little too adult at times, but it added to her arogance which came across well.

The story progressed well and I found it charming. I loved where it went and how it ended. I would read more in the series. I w
Layth Sudairy
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Felt like i was a bird seeing all that was written:
Easy read, all of a sudden you stop reading the lines, and you become part of the story. Perhaps a bird flying over and seeing all that is written. A beautiful and light-hearted read for adults as well as children. The story flowed so smoothly, and the subtle humor in the character interactions was superb. The images I imagined were so colorful, saturated, and breathtaking. Would love to see it as a movie. 100% recommended
Danielle
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A free copy of this book was given to me by booksirens in exchange for an honest review.

Weathernose is the story of a change of heart, a story of realising one's true dreams and forming friendships. This novella was written beautifully and the characters were wonderful to read about.

Read my full review here: https://starredpages.com/2019/11/10/w...
Nada
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The book ressonated so much with me! I loved it very much! 💙💙💙 I found i have both Cypress and a Tart within me and it was so lovely to connect with both of them.
Khanh
Jeremy
Jul 06, 2020
Sarah Ward
Aug 30, 2020

• Beautifully Cruel (Beautifully Cruel, #1)
  • The Thorn and the Blossom
  • Warren the 13th and The All-Seeing Eye (Warren the 13th, #1)
  • Esme's Wish (Esme Series #1)
  • Wanted by Her Two MC Men (Curvy Women Wanted #19)
  • To Guard with Love
  • The Master of Grex
  • In My Attic (A Magical Misfits Mystery, #1)
  • Flight of the Spark: Book 1 of the Outlawed Myth Fantasy Series
  • His Lordship's Mistress
  • A Week at Surfside Beach: A Collection of Short Stories
  • A Shot of Fear (Vasquez Inc., #2)
  • Troy (Winter Boys, #3)
  • Binding Circumstance
  • The Company of Cats
  • The Hunter's Bride (Dusk & Dawn, #1)
  • The Fast and the Furriest (Second Chance Cat Mystery, #5)
  • The Girl Who Knew Too Much (Burning Cove, #1)
Maram Taibah is an author and filmmaker from Saudi Arabia. Born in Montreal and raised in Riyadh, the harsh desert environment pushed her to escape into books at a very young age. Maram is an avid lover of fantasy. She's inspired by authors like Phillip Pullman and C.S.Lewis. She's the author of Weathernose and The Road to Elephants.

Maram is currently working on a fantasy novel.