Start by marking “Beyond Identity” as Want to Read:
Beyond Identity

Beyond Identity

Noah Lancasters life is a mess. He doesnt know much about his past or who is parents were. When hes beaten on the streets one night while sleeping rough, the attack doesnt feel like just another random assault on a vulnerable target. Somebody wanted Noah dead. But whod want to hurt him? Hes a nobody who doesnt know where he came from or who he truly is.
Harry Cooper wants
ebook
Published September 2nd 2019 by NineStar Press

To ask other readers questions about Beyond Identity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond Identity

Start your review of Beyond Identity
Simone
***3.5 Stars***

^^^Me likey! A lot! Ugh, where are my manners? I probably should introduce him first... That's Noah. Part-time homeless. Sunny disposition. Lots of dignity, self-respect and pride. No filter. Target painted on his back due to his identity (not that he realized the latter until it's almost too late, mind you). I loved everything about him, from his attitude over his vulnerability to the mouth he has on him.

Well, I liked Harry too. Lots. Aspiring journalist, low self-esteem,
Fabi
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Immediately grabs your attention. As soon as the story begins your adrenaline pumps and you're hoping against hope.

We meet each MC individually before they meet each other. Again, I immediately liked both of them. They come from disparate economic backgrounds but they click with each other.

I don't want to give away any of the plot because it's a bit of of a crime mystery, but these two go on an adventure together across the world to find answers to a dangerous situation. They not only uncover
Joyfully Jay
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kenna
A Joyfully Jay review.

Its a little difficult to not give away much of the plot, but Im going to try not to spoil it too much for you. The story begins in unique (and somewhat brutal) way. This intensity grabbed me and didnt let me go until the book ended. Seriously, I was compelled to keep reading well after my bedtime because I didnt want to put it down.

Both Noah and Harry are well written and easy to like. Theyre both good men who find themselves in a very dangerous situation. At
CrabbyPatty
This blurb really drew me in with hints of a connection to a historical mystery and I like the overall flow of the plot as Noah and Harry, two men from dissimilar backgrounds, meet and bond together to solve the mystery of Noahs past.

Journalist Harry Cooper first learns of Noah when Noah is hospitalized after being severely beaten up in an alleyway. As part of Harrys research on the homeless, he interviews Noah and is immediately interested in both the man and his story. When Noah is shot two
Erika
Aug 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, ebook, netgalley
Thanks to Netgalley for a complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.

I really liked Noah and Harry as characters and Alby, and Harry's parents. All the characters were very well written and I liked the interactions between them. Even the nurses (as both Noah and Harry were in hospitals a bunch) each had their own personalities and I appreciated that. It made them all easy to connect with and imagine.

I also loved how Noah and Harry's relationship grew. It was believable even as they
Donna
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story. Noah might be homeless but he isnt a drunk, a drug addict or a rent boy. He is suffering from too much pride. Harry Cooper might come from moneyed parents but he is working for a living and striving for what he wants. When these two meet the world is going to be tilted on its axis.
This is a fantastic tale filled with action, mystery and love. I heartily recommend.
Claire
4.5⭐⭐⭐⭐

This was one book I was loath to put down in order to go to work, I was hooked from the beginning and despite some of it feeling a little bit hard to believe, I really enjoyed it.

I really liked both of the main characters, Noah, who is currently homeless, is bashed on the streets one night ending up in hospital. Harry is a financial reporter trying to become an investigative journalist, he is doing a story on the homeless community and when he hears of the assault on Noah, he turns up
Melanie
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review
Rating: 4.5 stars out of 5

For the full review visit https://wp.me/p220KL-hPF

From that review:I found Beyond Identity by Karrie Roman to be a really compelling thriller right from the beginning.  Starting from the introduction to Noah Lancaster under brutal conditions and then our (and Noah's) meeting Harry Cooper, each time under equally increasing poor and mystifying times for Noah, I was just pulled into the story and mystery by my connection to the
Patrice Leonard
This was a really good book with really interesting and lovable characters. And that reveal/twist at the end? Wow! That was unexpected and totally satisfying!
I highly recommend this one.
Nat ReadingAllNite
Not bad, I liked it.

Decent suspense, if a bit light on realistic details but the prologue certainly got my attention. The romance was good, the heat level was done right and I did like the humor between the characters. The villain ended up cartoonish and his motivation was pretty far-fetched. But it held my interest and was enjoyable in between scenes and elements I had to give some serious side-eye to. Fun-ish read overall.
Charlotte
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
An emotional, convoluted mystery! Didnt see the twist coming and I loved it!

Noah is living on the streets when he is attacked and beaten. He ends up in the hospital and meets up with Harry. Harry is a reporter who is attempting to write an article about people who are street-involved that will highlight the dangers and possibilities for change. They part after a short meeting but then Harry is contacted when Noah is attacked again.

First Noah is beaten, then hes shot. Theres definitely more
K.R. Phoenix
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 4.5 stars
🔥🔥🔥 Heat Level: 3.75

Another suspenseful winner from Karrie! I loved the twists and turns and didn't guess the final twist until it was right on top of me!!

Oh, my! What a twist! A thrilling race to finding out who you are, just beware some family secrets can bite! The blurb totally drew me in but the book is SO much more!!!

The story follows Noah and his dangerous path to discovering who he is and where he comes from after his life is threated not just once but twice! I loved the
Shirley
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a crazy ride this was. From the opening, it was obvious that Beyond Identity was going to be something totally different. It was hard to figure out where that opening was going to lead and it didnt become totally clear until almost the end, but it was worth the wait.

Noah had some memories of his parents, but he was too young when they were killed to remember much about them other than they loved him. As far as he knew, he had no other family and the only other support system he had when he
Amy Dufera
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Karrie Roman's Beyond Identity is a great read.

From the start, I feel in love with Noah. He's an absolutely loveable character, homeless and attacked while on the streets. He meets Harry when the reporter comes to interview him about being attacked while homeless.

What follows is a good mystery, with twists and turns I certainly never saw coming. The two begin on an adventure neither could have ever expected.
Their tale includes danger, action, suspense, and a sweet romance.

Their
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
3.5 Stars!

I was excited to read this but I quite like Karrie Roman. I first read her stories with the Until You series and became quite smitten with her MM stories. I didn't even read the synopsis just saw it was her and asked to be able to review it.

Once I got started I was hooked with the story. Harry Cooper is a journalist looking for the next big story. So when he gets a lead he finds his way to a homeless man named Noah Lancaster.

There is something about Noah that draws Harry in, however
R
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Noah lives mostly on the streets. Its dangerous but he thinks he can take care of himself. When he is attacked and winds up in the hospital he meets Harry. He is doing a story on homeless people. He interviews Noah and leaves him his number. A few weeks later Noah is shot and the hospital finds Harrys number and calls him. The men become involved with each other and work together to figure out the mysteries surrounding Noah.

I liked Harry and Noahs relationship, never taking themselves to
Rian Durant
Sep 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
3.5 Stars - Nice but predictable.

The synopsis of Beyond Identity is one of those that make you want to get the book and read it right away. It promised a mystery, social elements and of course, a love story.
Unfortunately (for me) I understood where the things were going pretty quickly. I'm sure that there are people that will like that, but I've always loved a nice juicy twist. Besides, I would've liked to see (directly or through conversations) more of Noah's life on the streets.
Both Noah and
Joscelyn Smith
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Noah and Harry were very engaging characters, likable and interesting. I loved the mystery aspect of the storyline as they strive to discover Noah's history. This was my first time reading this author but I'm going to be on the lookout for more of her work.
Kylie
Sep 18, 2019
Rqwhit
Cristina
Sep 06, 2019
Carlton
rated it did not like it
Tricia
Len Evans Jr
Aug 29, 2019
Kathy
Aug 30, 2019

• A New Empire (Fog City, #3)
  • Dine with Me
  • Tallowwood (Tallowwood, #1)
  • Wolf Lost (The Wolves of Kismet #1)
  • Arctic Heat (Frozen Hearts, #3)
  • Goalie Interference (Hat Trick, #2)
  • Dealing in Death (Death and the Devil #2.5)
  • Safe (Fate, Texas #1.5)
  • Tough Guy (Game Changers, #3)
  • Mainly by Moonlight (Bedknobs and Broomsticks, #1)
  • Burn Zone (Hotshots, #1)
  • Happy for You (Love & Family #3)
  • The Wolf and the Sparrow
  • The King's Dragon (Fire and Valor #1)
  • Hard Ride (Clean Slate Ranch, #5)
  • Ground Zero (Zero Hour, #1)
  • Graveyard Shift (Not Dead Yet #3)
  • Prince of Killers (Fog City, #1)
Karrie lives in Australias sunshine state with her husband and two sons, though she hates the sun with a passion. She dreams of one day living in the wettest and coldest habitable place she can find. Shes been writing stories in her head for years but has finally managed to pull the words out of her head and share them with others. She spends her days trying to type her stories on the computer ...more