Start by marking “Sweet Temptation” as Want to Read:

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  16,639 ratings  ·  1,745 reviews
An Arranged Marriage Standalone Mafia Romance.

The first time Cassio met his fiancée, she called him ‘Sir’.

After losing his wife, Cassio is left to take care of two small children while trying to establish his rule over Philadelphia. Now he needs a mother for his children, and someone who can warm his bed at night.

But in a traditional world as his, choosing your wife is dut
Published March 8th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Temptation, please sign up.
Giorgia Yes, in Twisted Emotions, Giulia was Kiara's cousin and friend. They were also mentioned being at Kiara and Nino's wedding as well as later on in the …moreYes, in Twisted Emotions, Giulia was Kiara's cousin and friend. They were also mentioned being at Kiara and Nino's wedding as well as later on in the story during a Christmas party they were all at. We got glimpses of them as a couple throughout.(less)

·  16,639 ratings  ·  1,745 reviews

Start your review of Sweet Temptation
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
4 - 4.5 Smut Scale Stars

This is exactly what I needed right now.

- Mafia romance? Check.
- Age gap? Check.
- Marriage of convenience? Check.
- Forgetting about everything going on in the world for at least a solid two hours? Check.
MischaS_
Mar 12, 2020 rated it liked it
After finishing Twisted Hearts, I was rather unsure if I want to read this book or continue with this whole series. (Well, not a series what is it even? Since we had two series and now a stand-alone.)
But then I thought that I sort of liked the little glimpses we got on Guilia and Cassio in the Camorra series, so, yeah, I decided to read it.

(Why do I have a feeling that it's pretty obvious what I'm going to say about this book since I started this review with this "Explanation"?)

Anyway, I really
mel ☽
this is the most "chill" mafia book i've ever read.

why you ask?

well, let's just say this did NOT give me stress, it did not make my blood pressure go up, i didn't wanna smack anyone in the head and throw hands, i didn't yell at the characters for being idiots, etc. so you bet your ass i was relaxed as hell, drinking a cup of tea while snuggling under my blankets reading this.

description

and you know what else? it did not have any stupid OW drama/scene, stupid cheating drama, and no douchebaggery and dumbass
Abibliophobia-the fear of running out of things to read 🥺
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️💫✨ 4.75 stars

I adored this book! I got everything I wanted and more out of it! It was so sweet with very little betrayal in the main relationship, which is pretty new for a Cora Reilly book.

Giulia was sweet, compassionate, and very likable. I was never annoyed by her and always thought she was very considerate of others.

Cassio was brooding, a little mysterious, and very loving. He was intense, but quite kind towards his wife. I loved that even though he went through so much, he was will
Giorgia ~ Reads
3.5 ⭐️

Here goes..

- I’ve been waiting for this book for months. I’m a fan of the mafia universe Cora has created and these were characters we got a glimpse of in previous books. There was a sense of familiarity and a need to know more of them. And we did!

- Was it everything I wanted or expected? Yes and No. Yes, because I expected their dynamic to be similar to what I read and No, because I had expectations for more conflict and well, more badass mafia stuff I suppose. But then again, tha
This book was way better than what I expected -but I wasn't expecting much due to the gae-gap and I'm sorry, but you all know how I am.

Cassio and Giulia were fine as a couple and since they were introduced very early as a couple, we did not have to deal much with them as individuals, and that was good because they were one-track minded and with no much personal development.

Cassio was not a good dad and Giulia's got no agency most of the book.

I don't want to tear this book apart because I liked
Arini
Mar 12, 2020 rated it liked it

I have never been so put off by the word honey before. I don’t know about you but I think Cassio’s dirty talking needs a little work. Preferably from Nicolas Russo because that guy can swing it like no one else does.

Cassio Moretti (31) is the Underboss of Philadelphia and recently widowed. Desperate for a new wife to mother his two small children—he’s too busy being a grump and killing people to change diapers—he agrees on an arranged marriage with Giulia Rizzo who’s a few months shy of 18
Yeasmin Alo
This is me during reading this book

Best plot
I think by far Sweet temptation has the strongest plot I have read from Cora Reilly.
I always seem to have some sort of issues with her plot choice but this one had a really strong storyline.
I will also emphasize this statement Sweet temptation is the closet
all-the-feels type of book I got from CR by far.
So it had

*drama
*It made me smile
*made me blush
*made me laugh
*made me angry
*made me cry with happy tears

So what did I say all-the-feels
Also, I rat
Selma
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta, favorites
Sweet Temptation is hands down a masterpiece and one of the best books Cora Reilly has ever written and I don't say this lightly, trust me, since Twisted Pride has been my top favorite until now. Cassio, Giulia and the kids have stolen a piece of my heart and left a permanent mark on my soul. I had very high expectations for this story and I'm more than happy to report that they've all been surpassed! If you're a huge sucker for the single parent, arranged marriage and age-gap tropes like me the ...more
Arena♡
First read: 3rd July

Re-read: 9th July

Re-re-read: August 27

Oookayyy.... so its been only 6 day since I first read this book, but honestly it seems so much longer, I mean I expected there to be a difference of at least a month or two but whatever. But maybe its just because I've got a lot of free time and I've been on a reading spree of trying to complete a book every day.

'Sweet Temptation' is a standalone, full-length romance novel by Cora Reilly.

This book revolves around Giulia Rizzo, the you
Isabella. R
4 Kind of Chaos Stars ⭐

Underboss Cassio Morreti is a widower and a single parent at 31. He may successfully juggle his duties for the Famiglia, but his personal life is a mess. As is the way of the mafia, it is time for Cassio to take another wife purely for the wellbeing of his children, Daniele and Simona.

Giulia Rizzo knows not to question what she's been groomed to become. Joining two mafia families through marriage is an honour and a big deal. Her wishes are irrelevant and her fate has been
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
3.5 stars. I expected a liiittle bit more. And I wasn't the biggest fan of the writing.

This is our ravished by romance book club read for October!
My Pink Fairytales
Sweet, Spice & Everything Nice ⭐️

Holy Batshit, Robin! Stick a fork in me, I’m done. Cora Reilly did it again. She blew my mind with her Sweet Temptation, as I imagined she would.

I was hooked from the beginning, glued to the pages and wishing it would never end. This book had it all - alpha male hero, brave heroine and the most perfect story.

Cassio Moretti is the Underboss of Philadelphia. Single dad, as his wife recently died.

Luca made him Underboss because the two of them were alike

benevolent bastard
My god. This is the first mafia romance I’m utterly in love with. First. There’s hardly any blood and gore scenes. It was heavily focused on the love blooming between both protagonist. My heart is filled with admiration of how their love grew. She came into his life and made those children hers. Not an easy task. And my god. The story behind those children. Wow. I’m a bit taken back. I do recommend this Incase you’re interested in mafia romance, less intense with the mafia part and more heavy wi ...more
Sejla
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, beta
OMG Cora Reilly what have you done to me?!? My feelings are all over the place. I expected a great story from you, after all you're my unquestioned queen of Mafia romance, but with Sweet Temptation you gave me much more than that. I seriously have no idea how you're ever going to top this book, because you've put up the bar so high! I'm in awe of your out of this world talent and how you easily manage to make me so invested in your stories and characters. I was already sold on Sweet Temptation b ...more
bruna
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs-2020, 2020
“Giulia encompassed that word “love”, that feeling, in every action, every smile, every fiber of her being.”

Yes, Sweet Temptation has the arranged marriage trope. But no, this isn’t like any other book Cora has written before. Don’t get me wrong, this is still as captivating and addicting as her other books, but the way she built the characters and the plot was somehow different and more enchanting than usual.

Giulia and Cassio’s relationship surprised me in a good way because they really ha
Zainab Mahmood
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
*ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review*

Sweet Temptation is the much-anticipated standalone about Cassio Moretti, Underboss of Philadelphia and his much younger bride, Giulia. Giulia, barely an adult, suddenly finds herself responsible of taking care of two small children, a rambunctious dog and a controlling husband. Will Giulia be able to put together this broken family and find her happiness and a place for herself in the Moretti family?

There was such little known about C
Bookadmirer
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was ok
Bookgasms Book Blog
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
* BETA REVIEW *

AHHHH!! Sweet Temptation was absolute Cora Reilly perfection!! I was engrossed from the very first page and could not stop reading. Cassio and Giulia were exceptional. This was the perfect single dad, age/gap, arranged marriage, MAFIA story. Reilly completely blew me away because she was able to portray the fiery chemistry between Giulia and Cassio while simultaneously portraying the burgeoning emotional connection between them. This story was pure 5 STAR GOLD!!!!

moonlight ☾
5 stars

Fuck, I loved her, even those bangs I hated in the beginning, even those horrendous sunflower dresses, even when she disrespected me by rolling her eyes. God, especially then. I grasped her cheeks. “I love you too.”
She blinked. Now it was her turn to be stunned. “What… you do?”
“You really have to ask?”
She searched my face with the same disbelief I’d felt only moments before. “Say it.”
“I love you.”
“Again.”
I chuckled. “I love you.”
“I love you too.”

it's crazy to think about but i’m final
Ria
Mar 14, 2020 rated it did not like it
Sooo, I haven’t read a Cora R book since 2015. I only got to book 3 in the bound series ( I DNF book 2 ).

I decided to read this book because It follows the same storyline as the bound series.

One question... what the fuck was this? This book is absolutely horrendous! The actual writing was mediocre and the dialogue felt like a teenager wrote it. The storyline was boring and the two main characters are bland. The gaps in time serves no purpose to the story and I felt like Cora just threw a shit
Antonella
Look, you will need to leave some of the logic behind, while reading this..and that is something that I was aware of before reading this. Still...
I enjoy reading books with the age gap and arranged marriage plotline BUT this book left me a lot of times ....

My main issue is that I don't see the chemistry between our leading couple...besides that ....it is just awkward and weird and not believable... and that is not just their sex life but him needing a nanny to his kids who he calls a wife...no
NMmomof4
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: This started out great for me. I really liked the arranged marriage, the grumpy underboss with the naive girl, and the girl being thrown into being a mother of two. But, then it started having some major time jumps. It skimmed things that I felt were important (view spoiler) and lost the opportunity those experiences gave to connect with the characters more. One time jump was even 9 years later! I
Sofs
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have been thinking about what to write. I have been waiting for Cassio’s story for so long. Maybe almost a year. ⁣

This book.. this book makes me want to change all 5 star rates I gave until today to make it justice.⁣⁣ ⁣

Sweet Temptation is the hyped book about a widow Underboss with 2 babies. Forced to marry a 18 year old Giulia, Cassio looks at her and he just knows.. She meant trouble.⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣
I won’t say much about Cassio. I want you all to go read without knowing him so he can surprise you a
Dilek VT
Feb 11, 2020 marked it as not-my-cuppa
A girl-barely of age with a much older man...
Not my cuppa.
Books With
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Did that man ever truly smile with his eyes and his heart? <\b>

Sweet Temptation by Cora Reilly is an age gap, arrangement marriage, mafia romance. One, that is truly phenomenal and I’m sure everyone will fall for this story as hard as I did.

“The cruelest Underboss of the Famiglia had lost his wife and was now left to raise his two little kids alone.”

Cassio has become my second favorite of CR heroes because ya know Remo is untouchable 😍🤣 He is a loyal underboss, loving father and hot as hell h
Debbie
Jul 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mafia, age-gap
There is nothing sexier then a man who's barely evolved from Neanderthal, caring for a young child. I don't think I could have ever imagined a mafia boss caring for children, let alone changing diapers.

And the emotional roller coaster was crazy good. I laughed, I cried, this is everything I could ask for in a good romance. Plus, I'm really starting to dig these mafia romances.

Quotes:

“Why would I cheat with any of those women? All I can think about is you.”

She wasn’t what I’d wanted in a wife,
Irma
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"I’d never been a man for the sweet things in life, I suddenly craved it."

Some fall in love - some crash into it! And you, you'll crash into Sweet Temptation!

Mafia Romance. Arranged Marriage. Single Dad. Age Gap. And an absolute perfection!
My first book by Cora and she blew me away! If her books are even remotely as stronghearted and addictive as this one, I'm going to have a reading Cora party.

After losing his wife, Cassio is left to take care of two small children. And he needs a mother for th
Harim
Oh where do I begin..

This was a definite sweet treat. Giulia..oh love..

Alright then.

Starting off with the fact that ever since I heard about the book I was so confused about pronouncing the heroine's name. I mutilated it the house DOWN.
Then someone was wise enough to ask about the correct way of saying it and someone was kind enough to explain that it's a rather fancy version (Italian,I think) of "Julia" and I was like OMG YES NOW IT MAKES SENSE.

Now onto the story..OHMYGOD the entire premise
Jessica
Oct 30, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dark-romance

This was such a big miss for me. I was intrigued in the beginning when Giulia was betrothed to a mob boss who was over 10 years older than her. Unfortunately, Giulia's character really had no substance and acted SO YOUNG that it really did feel creepy that Cassio was marrying her; she really felt like a naive teenager marrying a 30+ year old man and I wasn't into it. We were also told over and over the Giulia liked pilates and art. And that was it. We never really got to know Giulia and

• Ward (Dark Obsession Trilogy #1)
  • Kings of Rittenhouse (Kings of Rittenhouse, #0.5)
  • Breathless
  • Kiss Me With Lies (Twin Lies, #1)
  • Paine (Rosewood High #2)
  • Face the Music (Love, Hate, Rock-n-Roll, #3)
  • Love in the Mix
  • The Imperfections
  • King of Shadows (King of Shadows, #1)
  • The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)
  • Rise: The Interlude (Black Hearts Still Beat, #2)
  • Rush: The Beginning (Black Hearts Still Beat, #1)
  • Thorn (Rosewood High #1)
  • Marcus (The Guzzi Legacy, #6)
  • Love at The Bluebird
  • Until Valerie (Happily Ever Alpha World)
I'm an author of romance and new adult novels. I'm a lover of good food, wine and books, and I'm hopelessly addicted to bad boys (in books).

If you are a fan of audiobooks, many of my books are already available as audios:

Join my reader's group on Facebook: Cora's Flamingo Squad

If you want to be notified of new releases and cover reveals, AND get the occasio

News & Interviews

“A temple needs more than one pillar to stand. There’s more to life than work.” 4 likes