Start by marking “Sweet Temptation” as Want to Read:

Sweet Temptation

An Arranged Marriage Standalone Mafia Romance.

The first time Cassio met his fiancée, she called him Sir.

After losing his wife, Cassio is left to take care of two small children while trying to establish his rule over Philadelphia. Now he needs a mother for his children, and someone who can warm his bed at night.

But in a traditional world as his, choosing your wife is duty
Published March 8th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Temptation, please sign up.
Giorgia Yes, in Twisted Emotions, Giulia was Kiara's cousin and friend. They were also mentioned being at Kiara and Nino's wedding as well as later on in the…moreYes, in Twisted Emotions, Giulia was Kiara's cousin and friend. They were also mentioned being at Kiara and Nino's wedding as well as later on in the story during a Christmas party they were all at. We got glimpses of them as a couple throughout.(less)

Start your review of Sweet Temptation
MischaS_
Mar 12, 2020 rated it liked it
After finishing Twisted Hearts, I was rather unsure if I want to read this book or continue with this whole series. (Well, not a series what is it even? Since we had two series and now a stand-alone.)
But then I thought that I sort of liked the little glimpses we got on Guilia and Cassio in the Camorra series, so, yeah, I decided to read it.

(Why do I have a feeling that it's pretty obvious what I'm going to say about this book since I started this review with this "Explanation"?)

Anyway, I really
mel
this is the most "chill" mafia book i've ever read.

why you ask?

well, let's just say this did NOT give me stress, it did not make my blood pressure go up, i didn't wanna smack anyone in the head and throw hands, i didn't yell at the characters for being idiots, etc. so you bet your ass i was relaxed as hell, drinking a cup of tea while snuggling under my blankets reading this.

description

and you know what else? it did not have any stupid OW drama/scene, stupid cheating drama, and no douchebaggery and
Selma
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, beta
Sweet Temptation is hands down a masterpiece and one of the best books Cora Reilly has ever written and I don't say this lightly, trust me, since Twisted Pride has been my top favorite until now. Cassio, Giulia and the kids have stolen a piece of my heart and left a permanent mark on my soul. I had very high expectations for this story and I'm more than happy to report that they've all been surpassed! If you're a huge sucker for the single parent, arranged marriage and age-gap tropes like me ...more
arini ☆彡
Mar 12, 2020 rated it liked it

I have never been so put off by the word honey before. I dont know about you but I think Cassios dirty talking needs a little work. Preferably from Nicolas Russo because that guy can swing it like no one else does.

Cassio Moretti (31) is the Underboss of Philadelphia and recently widowed. Desperate for a new wife to mother his two small childrenhes too busy being a grump and killing people to change diapershe agrees on an arranged marriage with Giulia Rizzo whos a few months shy of 18 and
readingsnfeelings
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Id never been a man for the sweet things in life, I suddenly craved it."

Sweet Temptation was everything that I expected and MORE. It is a mafia romance standalone that revolves around the arranged marriage of the young and quirky Giulia Rizzo to the ruthless and recently widowed Cassio Moretti who is a single father to two adorable children.

Although this book isn't a part of the Born in Blood Mafia & the Camorra Chronicles, the main characters were mentioned in some previous books. I was
Giorgia ~ Reads
3.5

Here goes..

- Ive been waiting for this book for months. Im a fan of the mafia universe Cora has created and these were characters we got a glimpse of in previous books. There was a sense of familiarity and a need to know more of them. And we did!

- Was it everything I wanted or expected? Yes and No. Yes, because I expected their dynamic to be similar to what I read and No, because I had expectations for more conflict and well, more badass mafia stuff I suppose. But then again, thats my
My Pink Fairytales
Sweet, Spice & Everything Nice ⭐

Holy Batshit, Robin! Stick a fork in me, Im done. Cora Reilly did it again. She blew my mind with her Sweet Temptation, as I imagined she would.

I was hooked from the beginning, glued to the pages and wishing it would never end. This book had it all - alpha male hero, brave heroine and the most perfect story.

Cassio Moretti is the Underboss of Philadelphia. Single dad, as his wife recently died.

Luca made him Underboss because the two of them were alike -

Zainab Mahmood
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
*ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review*

Sweet Temptation is the much-anticipated standalone about Cassio Moretti, Underboss of Philadelphia and his much younger bride, Giulia. Giulia, barely an adult, suddenly finds herself responsible of taking care of two small children, a rambunctious dog and a controlling husband. Will Giulia be able to put together this broken family and find her happiness and a place for herself in the Moretti family?

There was such little known about
This book was way better than what I expected -but I wasn't expecting much due to the gae-gap and I'm sorry, but you all know how I am.

Cassio and Giulia were fine as a couple and since they were introduced very early as a couple, we did not have to deal much with them as individuals, and that was good because they were one-track minded and with no much personal development.

Cassio was not a good dad and Giulia's got no agency most of the book.

I don't want to tear this book apart because I liked
bruna
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Giulia encompassed that word love, that feeling, in every action, every smile, every fiber of her being.

Yes, Sweet Temptation has the arranged marriage trope. But no, this isnt like any other book Cora has written before. Dont get me wrong, this is still as captivating and addicting as her other books, but the way she built the characters and the plot was somehow different and more enchanting than usual.

Giulia and Cassios relationship surprised me in a good way because they really had to
Bookgasms Book Blog
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
* BETA REVIEW *

AHHHH!! Sweet Temptation was absolute Cora Reilly perfection!! I was engrossed from the very first page and could not stop reading. Cassio and Giulia were exceptional. This was the perfect single dad, age/gap, arranged marriage, MAFIA story. Reilly completely blew me away because she was able to portray the fiery chemistry between Giulia and Cassio while simultaneously portraying the burgeoning emotional connection between them. This story was pure 5 STAR GOLD!!!!

Sejla
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, beta
OMG Cora Reilly what have you done to me?!? My feelings are all over the place. I expected a great story from you, after all you're my unquestioned queen of Mafia romance, but with Sweet Temptation you gave me much more than that. I seriously have no idea how you're ever going to top this book, because you've put up the bar so high! I'm in awe of your out of this world talent and how you easily manage to make me so invested in your stories and characters. I was already sold on Sweet Temptation ...more
Bee
DNF

I really dont know what everyone has been reading, because this book is absolute trash. I couldnt make it past 40%. Cora Reilly, what the hell is up? The first and only book I ever read from her was Bound by Duty and it has been 5 YEARS and her writing has not improved - in the contrary, it has gotten worse.

THIS BOOK:

- is a mega cringe fest

- has characters with ZERO chemistry

- first sex scene was so uncomfortable... 😣 yall I really wanted to smash my very expensive iPad into bits because of
Bookadmirer
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was ok
Antonella
Look, you will need to leave some of the logic behind, while reading this..and that is something that I was aware of before reading this. Still...
I enjoy reading books with the age gap and arranged marriage plotline BUT this book left me a lot of times ....

My main issue is that I don't see the chemistry between our leading couple...besides that ....it is just awkward and weird and not believable... and that is not just their sex life but him needing a nanny to his kids who he calls a wife...no
sarah
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
*ARC provided kindly by the author in exchange of an honest review*

I just finished Sweet Temptation and I don't know how to start this review. Lets start with the basics: I'm in love with this. Sweet Temptation is all I expected and wanted and at the same time it is much more than I expected. Cora managed to create a totally new routine in this book, very different from what we were accustomed in other books, mainly Camorra. Sweet Temptation is like a refreshing breeze, this book is sweet,
Sofs
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have been thinking about what to write. I have been waiting for Cassios story for so long. Maybe almost a year.

This book.. this book makes me want to change all 5 star rates I gave until today to make it justice.

Sweet Temptation is the hyped book about a widow Underboss with 2 babies. Forced to marry a 18 year old Giulia, Cassio looks at her and he just knows.. She meant trouble.

I wont say much about Cassio. I want you all to go read without knowing him so he can surprise you and steal your
Harim (The Reader Blog)
Oh where do I begin..

This was a definite sweet treat. Giulia..oh love..

Alright then.

Starting off with the fact that ever since I heard about the book I was so confused about pronouncing the heroine's name. I mutilated it the house DOWN.
Then someone was wise enough to ask about the correct way of saying it and someone was kind enough to explain that it's a rather fancy version (Italian,I think) of "Julia" and I was like OMG YES NOW IT MAKES SENSE.

Now onto the story..OHMYGOD the entire premise
Simply Honest
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Did that man ever truly smile with his eyes and his heart? <b>

Sweet Temptation by Cora Reilly is an age gap, arrangement marriage, mafia romance. One, that is truly phenomenal and Im sure everyone will fall for this story as hard as I did.

The cruelest Underboss of the Famiglia had lost his wife and was now left to raise his two little kids alone.

Cassio has become my second favorite of CR heroes because ya know Remo is untouchable 😍🤣 He is a loyal underboss, loving father and hot as hell
Irma *Irma The Book Whisperer*
"Id never been a man for the sweet things in life, I suddenly craved it."

Some fall in love - some crash into it! And you, you'll crash into Sweet Temptation!

Mafia Romance. Arranged Marriage. Single Dad. Age Gap. And an absolute perfection!
My first book by Cora and she blew me away! If her books are even remotely as stronghearted and addictive as this one, I'm going to have a reading Cora party.

After losing his wife, Cassio is left to take care of two small children. And he needs a mother for
Dilek VT
Feb 11, 2020 marked it as not-my-cuppa
A girl-barely of age with a much older man...
Not my cuppa.
Ssandra_
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Sweet Temptation is a standalone mafia romance book about Philadelphia Underboss Cassio Moretti, who as recently widowed father of two young children, is set to marry Giulia Rizzo, young woman 13 years his junior.

Cassio caught my eye when he first appeared in Bound By Love as the enigmatic Luca Vitiello loyalist, who ruled his territory with an iron fist. Giulia, on the other hand, caused the feeling of admiration by her caring and protective nature towards her cousin Kiara in Twisted Emotions.
Juliana Alves
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh! Sweet Temptation... I have no words for this book, scratch that I have a lot of words for this book, here they come:
Breathtaking, heart clenching, beautifully sweet, amazingly well written, unputdownable.
It feels to me like I always say this, but I have nothing else to say, every single book Cora out does herself, but let me tell you, I have loved every single book Cora has written, because, how can you not? But Sweet Temptation just took me so by surprise, I did not expect this book
Fayza Khan
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Temptation is a stand-alone by Cora Reilly and revolves around the lives of Philadelphias Underboss Cassio Moretti and his marriage to Giulia Moretti, a young, optimistic woman.

I was intrigued about Giulia since being introduced to her in Twisted Emotions, she is someone who is full of love and light. A phenomenally strong heroine whose stubborn yet tender heart you will simply adore. Arguably one of the best female characters Cora has ever created, shes one who uses her kindness and
Nana
Mar 12, 2020 added it
Shelves: dnf
Age gap. Arranged marriage. More the same. Nahh
😥

I'm bored Cora I wondering when you'll bring us something new and different

I love reading about the Mafia romances but I`SORRY I don't think I am going to read this one.
•PerSef✪ne•
3 ⭐

Genre: Mafia Romance
Tropes: Arranged marriage-age gap (14 years)-single daddy-healing
First person, Double POV (Giulia, Cassio)
Standalone? Yes.
HEA? Yes.
Trigger? violence, suicide
Steam ? 🔥🔥🔥🔥/5

May contain minor spoilers

Even though I have mixed feelings about ST, overall I liked this book.
It wasnt my favorite Cora's book but it was a decent read.
In ST the mafia aspect is really marginal: with the exception of one particular scene, you won't find violence, blood, kill, torture and
Phuong ✯
3.25/5

My biggest problem with this book was everything leading to the wedding and the wedding night. So Cassio, the Underboss of Philadelphia, needs a new wife after his latest wife died. He (32 years) is promised to marry Giulia one day after she turns 18. He doesn't really like the arrangement because of how much younger Giulia is compared to him, but of course Cassio goes through with it. After all his children need a mother and he is tired.

Cassio proceed to go to Luca to tell him that there
Deepthi Nhattiala
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
ARC review:

When Cora first announced Cassio and Giulias book, I wasnt curious like I was with her other books. Mainly because they were secondary characters and I was more inclined towards the primary ones. But Sweet Temptation just like the name suggests is a sweet treat that you simply cannot put down once you start reading. It really is a treat and one can actually feel that this book is written with so much love.

Cassio is the Underboss of Philadelphia and has two kids with his late wife
Betül
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**
description

Mafia Romance. Arranged Marriage. Single Parent. Age Gap.
I love all four of the above mentioned tropes on their own, but put them all together in a book and you will make me one happy woman. Sweet Temptation was definitely a book I was really looking forward to reading. First I had my doubts about Giulia's age, because I was afraid she would act immature. But thankfully that was not the case. She was sweet, caring, strong, and fierce. She was a
Ria Augustine
Mar 14, 2020 rated it did not like it
Sooo, I havent read a Cora R book since 2015. I only got to book 3 in the bound series ( I DNF book 2 ).

I decided to read this book because It follows the same storyline as the bound series.

One question... what the fuck was this? This book is absolutely horrendous! The actual writing was mediocre and the dialogue felt like a teenager wrote it. The storyline was boring and the two main characters are bland. The gaps in time serves no purpose to the story and I felt like Cora just threw a shit

• All the Lies (Lies & Truths Duet, #1)
  • The Dirty Bargain
  • Mine (Ties that Bind, #1)
  • Ward, A Dark Romance
  • Code of Silence
  • All the Truths (Lies & Truths Duet, #2)
  • The Sinful King (Naughty Royals, #1)
  • Kings of Rittenhouse - A Shameless King Prequel
  • Breathless
  • Kiss Me With Lies (Twin Lies, #1)
  • Paine (Rosewood High #2)
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • Waiting for my Queen
  • Dear Ava
  • Face the Music (Love, Hate, Rock-n-Roll, #3)
  • Stolen Soulmate (Crowne Point #2)
  • Twisted Kingdom (Royal Elite, #3)
  • In Fury Lies Mischief (Midnight Mayhem, #2)
I'm an author of romance and new adult novels. I'm a lover of good food, wine and books, and I'm hopelessly addicted to bad boys (in books).

If you are a fan of audiobooks, many of my books are already available as audios:

Join my reader's group on Facebook: Cora's Flamingo Squad

If you want to be notified of new releases and cover reveals, AND get the