Start by marking “The Praying Mantis Bride (Nameless #3)” as Want to Read:
The Praying Mantis Bride (Nameless #3)

The Praying Mantis Bride

(Nameless #3)

A deadly black widow has eliminated three husbands and counting. But Nameless knows her one weakness. To bring truth and its consequences to her crimes, the vigilante must spin a web of his own in part three of the Nameless series.

Lucia—current last name, Rickenbah—has made a fortune by marrying rich men who tend to drop dead. But the superstitious blonde believes in more

Published November 12th 2019 by Amazon Original Stories

To ask other readers questions about The Praying Mantis Bride, please sign up.
sharon a grigsby Absolutely. The main character is the same, but the stories are not concurrent.

Start your review of The Praying Mantis Bride (Nameless #3)
Peter
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror
The best novella in the Nameless series so far! This time Nameless and his team around Ace of Diamonds hunt down a terrible black widow. She already killed three of her husbands and some more. Will Nameless be the next on her list? In his dreams he sees himself already dead. How do they get rid of man eating Lucia? What is the role of Lucia's mother? Did she also kill a man? Extremely compelling, dark, with a good shot of supernatural elements at the end. Really like that series so far. Dean Koo ...more
Char
The villains are female in this one, so that was a nice change.

I'm starting to question Nameless' mission. When does it stop being poetic justice and turn into vigilantism? Yes, the bad guys, (and gals now), are nasty people, but when you have a mysterious, rich, secret and powerful group, (like those who fund and guide Nameless), they can do whatever they want to whomever they want and whenever they want. I think that's a dangerous road to follow.

The narration is excellent throughout this seri
Kimberly
May 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
In the Praying Mantis Bride, Nameless has a new assignment to take down a superstitious black widow. Nameless says it's their most elaborate take down to date and it was definitely my favorite take down so far in this series. As usual, I liked the bits of supernatural and I'm looking forward to the next story. ...more
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
Audio and story 5 Stars

I am blown away by this series. I can believe how much story is packed in just a few pages!
Ginger
Feb 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021
I really liked the concept of this plot but something about the end just didn't quite work for me like the other short stories in this collection.

I'm going to go with 3.5 stars rounded up with this addition to the Nameless series.

The Praying Mantis Bride is about a calculating and evil woman that kills her husbands for their wealth. She's also incredible beautiful and superstitious.
Lucia Rickenbah gets her superstitious nature from her mother, who is a piece of work.
I can see why Lucia is so sc
Sheila Beaumont
This is the third book in Dean Koontz's "Nameless" series, and my favorite so far. ...more
Constantine
Rating: Good

Genre:
Thriller

This is the third book in Amazon's original series Nameless. This time nameless is after a black widow. Lucia Rickenbah marries rich men and after some time they are dead. So far she killed three of her husbands and was able to get away from the crimes. And here where the vigilante Nameless comes to put this woman to sleep forever.

This novella was interesting and gripping. I liked it somehow more than the previous two books. Although the story itself is short Dean Koon
Dean
Nov 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fantastic series!!
Come closer and have a look at the world of "Nameless" the flawed anti heroe created by one of the most successful writters ever!!

Black widow Lucya Rickenbah kills husband after husband and "Nameless" is after her..
But this is none like Columbus my dear friends..
You have here a persecuter like none ever seen..

This is Dean Koontz at his best, so be prepare for surprisses in this uncanny ride!!

I had a big time reading this one..
Wish the same for you!!

Dean;)
Obsidian
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well this one was a surprise. We have Nameless taking out a black widow. And honestly this one was more delightful than the other two. Probably because of that ending and also the superstitious stuff that Lucia (the black widow) and her mother believed in like carrying an acorn to stop aging, stepping on ants causes rain, etc. Once again though I have to say that Nameless doesn't feel needed here.

"The Praying Mantis Bride" has Nameless on a special mission. A man that was part of the Ace of Dia
CYIReadBooks (Claire)
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
The woman in this story gives the "black widow" a run for her money. ...more
RM(Alwaysdaddygirl) Griffin (alwaysdaddyprincess)
5 stars:
-For a short novel this books just grabs you.
-Our legal system has it flaws. With the Black Widow being as rich she was, she could afford the best attorney that would get her off. Not to mention, the evidence would be hard to come by in the legal way. All her husbands that were killed, did not deserve die. The Black Widow was thinking of maybe get married again. One of the victim’s daughter just broke my heart to hear her side. Victims should not be forgotten.
-In this series, we meet a
Empress Reece (Hooked on Books)
Accidentally skipped book two...I enjoyed the superstitious characters. Lucia's mother was something else. Even more of a monster then her daughter. I think she got off too easy. Wish Ace would have brought her to Lucia's the same time Lucia arrived. She deserved the whole shebang just as much, if not more, then her daughter. ...more
Lisazj1
4.5 stars. While Nameless might have been dissatisfied with the results of this mission, I think it was almost just. (view spoiler) ...more
♥Sharon♥
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audible
Still intrigued by this guy Nameless!
Debbie "Buried in Her TBR Pile"
3 stars

I love this series and the Nameless character, etc. This story wasn't one of my faves. Koontz writing is so good - the stories, the phrasing and the pacing, etc. I liked books 1 & 2 better. I will continue the series.
NILTON TEIXEIRA
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This one is really a great improvement.
What a difference!
I enjoyed every page. I’m glad I did not quit the series after reading the first episode.
Jim C
Feb 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Actual rating is 2.5 stars.

This is a series where all the offerings are short stories. This is the third one and it can be read as a stand alone. It does tie in with the previous ones so the reader might not comprehend all of the proceedings. In this one, Nameless is assigned to go after a woman who is known as the Black Widow because she marries wealthy men and they end up dying tragically shortly afterwards.

I thought this one was the weakest offering so far. It wasn't the writing as the writin
Mary
Nov 24, 2019 rated it liked it
This was not my favorite of the Nameless stories. The story itself was good - Preying Mantis (Black Widow). The man with no name tracks the multiple timed "widow" down or rather the Ace of Diamonds group does. The stage is set for payback, reminding me of scary poltergeist movies and books. This writing is perfect. The rating dropped for me because Koontz went into full-on horror mode. i just don't handle that well. Suffice it to say those that should be gone are gone by the end, sanity and all. ...more
Bernard Jan
Dec 19, 2019 rated it liked it
In the third book of Dean Koontz’s Nameless series The Praying Mantis Bride, the vigilante nomad Nameless is after a black widow who murders her husbands. Although this story didn’t click with me as the first two: In the Heart of the Fire and Photographing the Dead, Koontz’s writing is up to the task and meets our expectations!
David Dalton
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Just zipping along, having read 3 of the 6 Nameless short stories. Already downloaded #4 via Prime. Quick easy reads. Who or what is ACE? Big budget for sure. Will we ever get the background on Nameless? Mysteries abound!
Shawn Deal
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, action
I haven’t been this sucked into a character of Dean Koontz’s since Odd Thomas. I am really loving the character and where I do want to find out more about him, I love the character as it is as well. Very well done.
ChopinFC
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 Stars ( Excellent)

The Praying Mantis Bride is part of a compelling, and highly addictive series by Dean Koontz- about a highly skilled 'killer' dubbed 'Nameless'. Nameless has retrograde amnesia and does not recall anything beyond 2 years prior. 'Nameless' is a highly skilled assassin, and he acts in 'vengeance' taking odd jobs from his handler, only in the name of 'revenge'. Each tale in these short, but fast paced novellas surround a different scenario where 'nameless' is involved to right
Shalini
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Quite a twist in the story when Nameless went after another killer. A black widow who killed her husbands.
The story was fun and the supernatural twist caught me unaware. I need to get to the next book pronto.
Alan Teder
Black Widow rip-off (No, Not That One)
Review of the Amazon Original Kindle eBook edition (2019)

I think I'm going to give up on the Nameless series. It is just too many borrowed and rip-offed ideas from past crime and noir genre themes and characters. I'm old enough to remember the Black Widow (1987) movie with an agent played by Debra Winger hunting down Theresa Russell character's husband killer.

The Praying Mantis Bride is one of the 6 novellas included in the Nameless Collection, a series of c
Lena
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror, audio, 100-or-less
66-E9-A310-D3-B6-4873-B689-5-B74-D7-C3-E400
A weak story of a merry gold digger and her belief in ghosts.
John
May 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books
Story- 4.0
Narration- 4.5

I found this one to be humourous. (maybe I'm weird.) It was still shamelessly contrived, but I expected that from the Nameless series, by now. But I don't understand what (view spoiler)

wally
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: koontz
finished this one yesterday in the tree stand good read five stars amazing kindle owned and following the theme as it develops a couple highlights:

Not every case requires him to kill, but when he does, he kills known murderers whom the law will not touch or the courts acquit for one reason or another.

They want not merely to destroy the woman psychologically and prevent her from murdering again, but also to terrify and torment her so that she feels keenly the sword of justice.

One big problem. Th
Romeo
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bookphile
I didn't like this one *quite* as much as the previous two, I think mostly because of the supernatural elements. Yes, there are also supernatural elements to the previous stories, but the particular type of supernatural element used here just didn't work as well for me.

(view spoiler)
Stefanie
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Praying Mantis Bride is the third installment in the short story series, Nameless, by Dean Koontz.

Nameless, a man who does not know his real name because he suffers from amnesia, is on another case. He is given this case by an unknown entity but follows these orders because it allows him to rid the world of bad people.

In The Praying Mantis Bride, Nameless must eliminate a woman who marries rich, kills her husband, and inherits the fortunes. She has done this multiple times now and can not ge

• Toe to Toe
  • Hidden Hope (Hope, #1)
  • Nightingale House
  • God Touched (Demon Accords, #1)
  • The Age of Witches
  • A Private Cathedral (Dave Robicheaux #23)
  • Grave Mistakes (Hellgate Guardians, #1)
  • Bless Me, Ultima
  • Geostorm The Shift: A Post-Apocalyptic EMP Survival Thriller (The Geostorm Series Book 1)
  • The Unannounced Christmas Visitor
  • Bear the Brunt (Nuclear Survival Saga #7; Nuclear Survival: Western Strength #1)
  • The Spirit Binds (Elemental Academy, #5)
  • Stieg Larsson: The Real Story of the Man Who Played with Fire
  • Lost Youth: A True Story
  • The Rules of Magic (Practical Magic, #0.2)
  • The Town That Feared Dusk
  • The Pulse (Geostorm #2)
  • Winter's Secret (Winter Black, #6)

Dean, the author of many #1 New York Times bes

Nameless (6 books)
  • In the Heart of the Fire (Nameless #1)
  • Photographing the Dead (Nameless #2)
  • Red Rain (Nameless #4)
  • The Mercy of Snakes (Nameless #5)
  • Memories of Tomorrow (Nameless #6)