Start by marking “Temporary Wife Temptation (The Heirs of Hansol, #1)” as Want to Read:
Temporary Wife Temptation (The Heirs of Hansol, #1)

Temporary Wife Temptation

(The Heirs of Hansol #1)

Much more than he bargained for…

“You want me to find you a wife?”

“No. I want you to be my wife.”

Garrett Song is this close to taking the reins of his family’s LA fashion empire…until the Song matriarch insists he marry her handpicked bride first. To block her matchmaking, he recruits Natalie Sobol to pose as his wife. She needs a fake spouse as badly as he does. But when p
Published February 4th 2020 by Harlequin Desire

Start your review of Temporary Wife Temptation (The Heirs of Hansol, #1)
EmBibliophile
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was ok
2 stars

My 8 am chemistry class was more interesting than the chemistry between these characters.

This was a very random pick. I just wanted to read something short and different. Unfortunately, I had many issues with this book.

The time jumps; EVERY SINGLE CHAPTER starts in a different time zone. Every. Chapter. It was so confusing and irritating. And it lead to,

The lack of details; the book was so on the surface and so basic. It lacked those important details about the characters and about what’s
Talia Hibbert
This is the second modern-day marriage-of-convenience story I've read in the last six months, and just like Jodie Slaughter's White Whiskey Bargain, Temporary Wife Temptation flew into my top 10 books of all time. I'm beginning to think this is my ultimate catnip trope, and Jayci Lee executed it with perfection in this sexy, emotive, super-romantic book.

Reading a fantastic category romance is like a shot of the good stuff straight to your heart, and this one was definitely fantastic. It gave me
Carmen
"I think you should save your mother's ring for someone you love. Someone you want forever."

"Then the ring will never see the light of day." He let out a short, humorless laugh. "I don't intend to marry for love and forever. Not everyone buys into that fairy tale. Certainly not me."

A chill ran down her spine at the finality of his words.
pg. 80

I'm going to be rating and discussing this title as a Harlequin Desire book.

I generally avoid Harlequin Desires because they feature rich people. I'm just
Jessica
Sep 23, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: asian, romance
I received a copy of this book for free from the publisher (Harlequin Books) for promotional purposes.

First off, I just want to say that I was very happy to see that this was an Own Voices (Korean American) romance. It’s nice to see Harlequin embracing other cultures since they aren’t typically the most diverse. I really liked how Korean culture was incorporated in the book. It added a more personal touch to the story.

Another aspect I liked was the big emphasis on family and becoming a family.
Jessica
3.5 stars.

I love a good marriage of convenience trope and this one had some intense chemistry between our two main characters right off the bat. I loved how Garrett and Natalie worked together and they both needed something out of the marriage, so they were both all in. Since this was so short, though, it was missing some of that romantic development I like in my marriage of conveniences. We pretty much skip over their first two weeks of marriage and there was a scene where they go on a retreat
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
I read this for the Lunar New Year Readathon and enjoyed it so much. The chemistry between Garrett and Natalie is ON FIRE. Theirs is a fantastic marriage of convenience romance, with a great dose of angst and grovel at the end. It's a fairly quick read – it is a Harlequin category romance – and while I wish we could've had more time with the story so parts would be more fleshed out, I really loved getting to know our main characters and their families.

Natalie is strong heroine, capable of going
Fadwa (Word Wonders)
This was a very quick read I picked up on a whim when I wanted something short to listen to while doing chores and I...did not like it. It had its strengths but when it came down to it, the things I disliked were far more than the things I did like, so here is a short list of everything.

Things I liked:
- The family dynamics and how family oriented both main characters are.
- The tropes: I love me some marriage of convenience with some instantaneous mutual attraction.
- The sexual tension.

Things I
Ivy Deluca
description
Oh man I really liked this. It’s that “oh noes we can’t have sex….ok well maybe once...ok lets have lots of sex but no love….damnit! I’m in love and I can’t tell you!” push and pull that I dig because you know it’s going to pay off. Yes, there’s a comfort to this type of storytelling, one I enjoy greatly.

I have such a soft spot for fake marriage turns real trope. The Firsts aka (Meet/Kiss/Love Scene)? Great. With a touch of angst, but not too much, Garrett and Natalie’s romance had instant chem
jenny✨
Super cute fake-marriage wish fulfillment featuring two HOT ASF characters of colour!!

Garrett's Korean and Natalie's half-Korean, and I really liked how their heritage played a part in the story. Overall, the instalove + HEA made for a quick and fluffy read (a lil too fluffy for me ngl), and I'd absolutely recommend this to anyone looking for a diverse whirlwind romance!
Maria Rose
Temporary Wife Temptation by Jayci Lee is a sexy modern marriage of a convenience romance and a solid debut by a new author to the genre.

Garrett Song knows what’s expected of him by his traditional Korean family – to take over the reins of Hansol, the family’s fashion retail dynasty as CEO. To do this, his grandmother has planned an arranged marriage as part of a business deal to merge with Vivotex after which she’ll promote him to CEO from his current VP position. But Garrett wants to have some
Tina
Not even gonna lie. The cover is what caught me. That cover is pure sexy fiyah!
----

Nice deployment of the fake marriage trope. Enjoyed it as a nice, easy read.
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
I overhyped this book so much and was disappointed by the pacing and characters who kept gasping and putting their hands to their mouths to show shock or how the male character blamed her to push her away even if he knew there would be no way she could have done it....
Stacee
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
I do love a good fake relationship story and I love this cover, so I was thrilled to read this one.

I really liked Natalie and Garrett. They’re both driven and a little people dumb and it’s amusing to see them try to figure out how a relationship works. I loved Garrett’s family and the culture that came with them. I especially loved his sister and I’m really hoping for a companion book there.

Plot wise, I was left wanting more. The chemistry is nearly instantaneous and thankfully they do spend so
Sophia
I can always be enticed by a fake engagement ala arranged marriage scenario. But add other elements such as traditional Korean family, office romance, and new to me debut author...I had to snag it.

Temporary Wife Temptation is the first of the Heirs of Hansol series about a traditional Korean American family in the fashion industry. The first to get his story is promising businessman Garrett Song who honors his family right up to the point his grandmother announces she has arranged a match betwee
Wendi Lee
This was such a cute book! Readers know right off the bat that Natalie and Garrett are perfect for each other, but the fun is watching them fumble towards this realization. It also helped that both of them were such likable characters. Indeed, I liked everyone - with perhaps the exception of Natalie's niece's grandparents, who are fighting Natalie for custody.

The real struggle for Garrett and Natalie happens after the wedding, when they constantly fight against their attraction to one another.
Lily Herman
Jan 24, 2021 rated it liked it
If you're looking for a quick romance to get over a reading slump, Temporary Wife Temptation is definitely for you. I inhale any book with a marriage of convenience trope, and the chemistry between Garrett and Natalie is sizzling.

I'd say the big downside of this one is that because it's so short, there aren't really too many obstacles that stand in our protagonists' way, and we never get to know them super well. Everything just clips along at a nice pace, but sometimes that's all that I need.

Con
Ari
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
*I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.*

*3.5 Stars!*

Temporary Wife Temptation was a book that first caught my attention the day the cover was revealed and it was love at first sight.

Like, can we please take a moment to appreciate how stunning this cover is?!

HIS STARE. HER DRESS. THAT POSE. THIS COLOR SCHEME.

description

Okay, enough of me salivating over this cover, let's get into this review.

As the VP of one of the country's top fashion retailers, Gar
Sunny
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first read featuring Korean Americans written by a Korean American. So well done, bringing in enough cultural input to feel authentic to me without it become the crux of the story. And the steam, wooo-wee, this is steamy. I could read this again and again.
Frankie
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Hero’s grandmother wants to marry him off to a woman of her choice. Hero who is anti-marriage decides to enter in a fake marriage with heroine who is fighting to get custody of her niece.

The story was interesting in itself since I don’t think I ever read a Korean Hero/heroine before, but it fell flat for me and lost my interest when you get Hero’s POV of how heroine is not his type (aka not attractive enough, etc.). How can I believe in their attraction & love after those thoughts? For me, it en
Never Without a Book
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Romance is not a genre I read, but I am very happy I gave Temporary Wife Temptation by Jayci Lee a go. Although the overall plot became predictable early on, I still ended up enjoying this novel and that’s a lot coming from a non-romance lover. I rolled my eyes once and that’s huge coming from me. 😆 I would read more for this author.

Many thanks to Harlequin Desire for this gifted copy via NetGally, in exchange for an honest review.

nick (the infinite limits of love)
With its absolutely stunning cover, Temporary Wife Temptation is a book that just begs romance readers to pick it up. Jayci Lee's debut novel does not disappoint and delivers on the marriage-of-convenience trope beautifully.

To get his meddling grandmother and her arranged-marriage proposals off his back, Garrett enters a deal with the woman in the running for the VP of HR at his company - in exchange for temporarily marrying him, he will ensure that she gets the job that she desperately needs. G
Shealea
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Initial thoughts:

📌 Mutual lust at first sight
📌 A marriage of convenience where the stakes are high and real for both parties - and I totally rooted for them both!
📌 Garrett is your typical alpha male billionaire with a soft heart and trust issues, while Natalie is an ambitious go-getter who just wants to find love and be loved.
📌 Both Garrett and Natalie are incredibly family-oriented, and it's fascinating to see how their sense of love and duty for their family drives their ambitions and their ac
Kayla Brunson
The marriage of convenience trope is one of my favorite tropes to read about so I was super excited to get my hands on this. This was a decent debut and I loved that our couple were POC.

The chemistry between Natalie and Garrett was explosive from the first time they met and it kept building through this short book. I was begging them to act on their feelings so many times. They also balanced each other out with their personalities. It was a good time reading about Garrett, who was so opposed to
Bree Hill
Feb 15, 2020 rated it liked it
This book isn’t BAD. I think if it could’ve been maybe 100 more pages longer, and I had just a bit more character development and back story with the heroine Natalie, it may have been a four MAYBE EVEN five star read for me. There is something really sleek and sexy about this book, WAY before any sexy times happen which doesn’t happen until I believe over 150 pages in. Quintessential marriage of convenience/fake marriage romance; two people in it for their own motivations and taken aback when th ...more
Veronica (Honey Roselea Reads)
Feb 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021, romance-recs
Oh my goodness! My first read from Jayci Lee and I absolutely loved it!!

Natalie and Garrett’s relationship, starting off as a fake marriage was absolutely amazing. Not only do we get the fake relationship trope but the office romance trope, two of my favorite tropes. Jayci Lee did so well with Temporary Wife Temptation that it made me feel a range of emotion while I was reading it!

A good book can really make me feel like crying and make me a smiling disaster and Temporary Wife Temptation does it
Jewlsbookblog
This was such a fun read!! Fake marriage for interesting, individual reasons and adhering to cultural expectations-what could possibly go wrong?!

While oodles and oodles of sexy chemistry between Garrett and Natalie kept me on my toes with ‘will they, won’t they’ moments, I enjoyed their relationship growth best. Garrett fought falling for Natalie tooth and nail, but his actions spoke louder than words and his sweet side was adorable to watch in action. Natalie wasn’t a doormat either. She kept
b.andherbooks
Feb 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Natalie Sobol and Garrett Song are both wildly attracted to each other, despite Natalie laying the HR hammer on Garrett not realizing he's the CEO of her company (for not filling out paperwork). Both aren't looking for love, but both soon find they could benefit from being married, so they agree to a marriage of convenience. Garrett wants his matchmaking grandmother off his back AND an edge in striking a business deal; Natalie wants to convince the state to give her full custody of her niece.

Ove
Sharonda
This book was sooo good!

Omg, Garrett with his grumpy self and I didn't know if I wanted to root for Natalie or not...I mean I did because woman was falling hard and I wanted her to have that man!

Jayci Lee gave me the most perfect story that revolved around a marriage of convenience and I'm looking forward to reading more of her works. But man, Temporary Wife Temptation was the best get away ever. So glad I picked this up.
Bethany
Actual Rating: 3.5 stars

If you want a romance you can read in one sitting and enjoy a good fake marriage trope, definitely check out Temporary Wife Temptation! This was a satisfying romance and I love the way Korean culture is seamlessly integrated. Would love to see more like this coming from Harlequin.

Garrett Song is a handsome Korean man who doesn't believe in love and plans to stay single, but in order to become CEO of his family's company and avoid a marriage arranged by his grandmother, he
Carrie (The Butterfly Reader)
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: november-2019
Natalie just wants to adopt her niece after her sister passed away, when a promotion at work comes up she knows she's perfect for the job and she's willing to do whatever it takes... even fake marrying her boss.

Garrett has sworn never to fall in love because he doesn't want to end up like his father. He just wants to be CEO of the company his grandparents built. But his grandmama has other plans when she tells him she has a wife picked out for him. He refuses, telling her he already has a fiancé
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Pink Heart Societ...: March Book Club Meeting! 11 25 Mar 08, 2020 04:18PM

• Trust Fund Fiancé (Texas Cattleman's Club: Rags to Riches #4)
  • Blame It on the Billionaire (Blackout Billionaires #3)
  • House Rules (Uptown, #3)
  • A Big Surprise for Valentine's Day (Holidays with the Wongs, #4)
  • Her Homecoming Wish
  • Love Does: Discover a Secretly Incredible Life in an Ordinary World
  • Colton Baby Conspiracy (Coltons of Mustang Valley #1)
  • Colton's Lethal Reunion (The Coltons of Mustang Valley Book 2)
  • Her Big City Neighbor (Cider Bar Sisters, #1)
  • Witness Protection Widow (Winchester, Tennessee, #5)
  • A Fake Girlfriend for Chinese New Year (Holidays with the Wongs, #3)
  • Teach Me
  • Stay with Me
  • Secret Heir Seduction (Texas Cattleman’s Club: Inheritance #4)
  • The Play (Briar U, #3)
  • Sweet Surrender
  • When Less Becomes More: Making Space for Slow, Simple, and Good
  • A Reunion of Rivals (The Bourbon Brothers, #4)
Jayci Lee writes poignant, sexy, and laugh-out-loud romance every free second she can scavenge. She lives in sunny California with her tall-dark-and-handsome husband, two amazing boys with boundless energy, and a fluffy rescue whose cuteness is a major distraction. At times, she cannot accommodate real life because her brain is full of drool worthy heroes and badass heroines clamoring to come to l ...more

The Heirs of Hansol (3 books)
  • Secret Crush Seduction (The Heirs of Hansol, #2)
  • Off Limits Attraction (The Heirs of Hansol, #3)