Start by marking “Glass World (Undying Mercenaries Series Book 13)” as Want to Read:
Glass World (Undying Mercenaries Series Book 13)

Glass World

(Undying Mercenaries #13)

The Galactics arrived with their Battle Fleet in 2052. Rather than being exterminated under a barrage of hell-burners, Earth joined a vast Empire that spanned the Milky Way.

More than a century has passed since the glorious day of Earth’s annexation. Struggling to hold on to a handful of planets in the frontier provinces, humanity is at war with Rigel. After the destructi
Audible Audio

To ask other readers questions about Glass World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Glass World

Start your review of Glass World (Undying Mercenaries Series Book 13)
Sean Sheldon
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
McGill for President

Seriously, at least we'd know what we were getting. I frickin' love this character! Each time I see a new book in this series I have to read it immediately. This one was no different. Hilarious and had me ignoring house work to see each new page. Another awesome book by B.V. Larson!
Nestor Coronado
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brian! I Don’t Want To Read The Story To The Finish!

BV, please don’t ever end this series! This series is the ONLY series I read nonstop without getting bored. I even get the Audible version as soon as Mark is done recording it. I did miss the Galactics being involved...meaning I enjoyed the tug of war between the Mogwa and the Skay from the previous book. I still would like to see the next book titled, “Core World”. But any title and any McGill adventure is always great no matter what. Thanks!
Leather
A volume a little less convincing than the previous one. Winslade is a little too present, and his presence is far-fetched, not always very understandable.
In addition, the story of this thirteenth volume is a bit loose.
But it's still a McGuill's strory, with a lot of fun.
Jim
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This has got to be one of my most favorite series. There is so much subtle humor and craziness going on that I get a real kick out of reading each book. I hope they continue forever!

James McGill is back to his old hilarious stuff. He’s a Mercenary if you didn’t know and why you wouldn’t know that is only if you started reading this series with this book which is just wrong! Anyway, McGill hasn’t actually been called back to active duty yet, but he gets a late night visit by a young lady, which i
Don Taylor
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another EXCELLENT installment

Another excellent installment in the series: interest-grabbing situations, clever solutions, hilarious writing as we follow ol’ James McGill, who’s risen from clever recruit into the worst of Earth’s legions to even cleverer Centurion.

He’s a successful womanizer and smart subordinate who overcomes the worst of the officers who’ve risen politically to their positions, saving their bacon, while using his initiative to do what’s right for his subordinates and his good s
Kyle Corbett
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BIG fan of the series.

But,

I'm tired of everyone but Drusus and McGill being politically savvy. Is it impossible for the story to evolve beyond McGill running into the slaughter house at the orders of idiots, and then having Drusus turn a blind eye?

By never working towards resolving the broken bureaucracy (which is the main plot of every book) has killed off any intrigue this world has.

It's time for McGill to start looking towards the future, using these alliances that keep getting hinted at.
The Legend
I'd give this 2 1/2 stars if I could but not three. Sure if you like a misogynist character who cares more for who he can sleep with than those around him and doing it over and over again than maybe you'd love this book.

It amazes me how the author always writes like the things Mcgill does will get him any girl he wants and is never really shot down. How all his troops and those around him are totally fine with referring to them as 'Girl' when that would totally get him punched in the face a lot.
Tony Lin
Feb 25, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Felt mostly like a filler book, and most of the other character acted like they lost several points of IQs. Also is James just gonna stay a centurion? What a waste of time, he has literally zero character growth since book 1, uncaring, misogynistic, selfish, ignorant and getting worse instead of better. The same cast of characters shuffling around allegiances again and again- it's getting repetitive.
How is Winslade able to worm himself to the favor of a Praetor when he is literally a spy for Cl
Caleb M.
May 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Listen, I just straight up can't get enough of this series. At this point I gotta just admit to myself that this is one of my favorite series. I enjoy the shenanigans of one James McGill and I love the way the stories are told.

I was happy that we got a little more Drousus in this book as I find his intelligence and honesty a breath of fresh air. I still can't stand Windslade and would love to help McGill get him permed, even if that isn't the McGill way.

I was a little disappointed with the endi
Thomas James
Jan 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Why Does He Stay?

As always, Larson tells a story like no others. It's hard to even put it down once started. But I have to ask, "Why does McGill even WANT to stay with this bunch of crooks?" Everyone hates him and treats him like dirt! Many at one time or another have lied, betraid, or even tried to kill him. They take credit for his ideas and accomplishments. He has plenty of money and does not owe them a thing. Frankly, they would be lost without him. So, again, why does he stick around? Why n
Chris
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Always enjoyed this series!

I literally can not get enough of these books. Hooked from the first one.

At the end of this book the author has asked us what we would like to see next for McGill.

1) I can see him leading a special ops team for now on in Varus. Kinda like Seal Team Six, but with his style.

2) It would be interesting to learn more about what all is happening in the Core Worlds. Maybe a combo of 1 and 2?

3) What about a Water World? For instance, the next piece of the puzzle could be in
Samir T.
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just can’t put it down — even if I want to

The story is so so. Some of it drags out for too long. The five star review comes from the the character of McGill himself that keeps me reading. I enjoy how the author keeps us tuned into McGill’s thinking. Which is highly entertaining. Several passages of McGills thought streams required highlighting.

Even though this is obviously fiction, I can’t help but feel anger that McGill is so ignored for future leadership lol. If BV Larson doesn’t get McGill
Michael Wellman
Apr 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really like the way this ended. I also am amazed at how well fleshed out Larson has made the main character. When certian things occur I am fairly sure how he will react because I feel like I know him almost. IF it was revealed that he was actually patterned after a friend of his I would be less amazed but not surprised. The world building is done so well I feel like I could walk through a portal and live in that world. Usually by the time a series gets this many books a story gets stale or th ...more
unknown
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can't get enough of This serires

BV Larson has done it again. I like all of his series of books but this is by far my favorite series. James McGill is a character that is a rare treat. I'm always disappointed to finish the book because I want it to keep on going and I think that maybe one of the best compliments that I can give any author on a book. So my recommendation is keep McGill fighting and dying and do not remove him from Legion Varus! I think it's an interesting thought to see him promot
Adam Selsley
I have to admit when this series started I enjoyed the story that was being built. After 13 books, I have to start asking "will this series end?" It is not clear to me what the eventual story arc will be and like the last few books, this one added little to the progression. The books are feeling formulaic. Despite that they are still entertaining for the reason I am reading them. But if you are looking for a deep story, I don't think you will find it here. However, if you are just trying to rela ...more
John
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
James F*****g McGill does it again....

Another world, another adventure.
I enjoyed this chapter of the series and found the pace and tempo of the journey that McGill was on to be quite entertaining.
Although the path that the main character takes may seem repetitive from previous chapters/books, the story retains enough variety to keep you interested and engaged.
Bring on Doppleganger/Opposite World.
DR IAN C CAMERON-MOWAT
Great leading male character

McGill continues doing it his way taking no crap-aliens beware of imminent death-ladies he doesn’t do sweet nothings.
Current aliens fare no better; although they kill him as often as he kills them he has the added advantage of revival each time. Also means the ladies stay young by getting revival bodies at the ages they choose.
Not for pc snowflakes!
Johnny Sayles
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let me preface this with I never write reviews. This however has turned into my favorite series of all time. I fricking love McGill. His thought processes and how he get into and out of different incredible situations is awesome. Plenty of action, plenty of babes, plenty of military sci-fi.
10/10 series for anyone that like their military science fiction and always wondered what it would be like to go into battle not fearing a good perming.

I want to see him leading legion Varus sometime soon, he
Sean Hartung
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want to read the story to the finish

I liked the book and really like the series. McGill and the other characters are great. I am a bit surprised that none of the other women are pregnant. I keep thinking that those fresh grow girls can't be infertile. J thought it was going to be a near earther at first (either queen or scientist).

I don't know what type of world McGill should discover next unfortunately.
Antonio
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think the best thing about this addition to the series is the ongoing character growth, the career desires of some of the officers, even some of the enlisted to move up, and of course some others. Great laughs and action as usual. The writing I'd always done so well that you feel and visualize the action and desperation. The story was all about one set goal but a bit all over the place.

I still loved it and can't recommend this enough.
Robie Trites
Apr 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fred Wagner
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Classic McGill. And still not tiring of him and his antics. Thoroughly enjoyable. Fun to read. Undying Mercenaries always get the job done. Well, at least if it is Legion Varus with Centurion McGill. Even IF Winslade tries to screw them all in the worst way. That sniveling weasel. Well, wonder what book 14 will be entitled. And also how much longer the series will continue. Great work, guys!! Another winner....
Yk
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yet another good one to put a smile on my face

Looks like earthlings still have a way to go to beat those teddys. Yes they now have better armour but hey, they can revive anytime so better armour much an advantage. What they really need are better weapons, killing machines that can whack the bears wholesale.
Also that Würtenberger, he’s got to be a Claver in disguise, just watch.
Damir Isovic
Oct 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ernie
May 15, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great series to read between my other larger series. The character development and world-building is great. It's usually a quick easy read, or if you have audible a nice listen. Doesn't involve any thinking. I was drawn in since book 1 and binged the series.

Definitely recommend it if you are looking for some space combat, mixed with good character development and a decent story line.
Sidney
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
McGill Rocks

I can’t help but laugh when thinking of McGill. He gets into the most unthinkable situations, including getting permed but BS’s his way out, or falls into the splice just to come out smelling like a rose. His foolishness and sometimes ingenious solutions to impossible situations is a thrill ride in itself. Keep these books coming!
Cameron Macdonald
The crazy antics of the characters who makeup Legion Varus are at it again. Those of you who have been following the series will appreciate the skullduggery, back stabbing, misdirection and heroics that has made this series a thoroughly enjoyable read. I give Glass World five stars because I’m a biased fan and want to read more!
Aaron G Wright
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best military sci-fi series in existence! It doesn't get bogged down in tech jargon but you always know where the writer is going and the story is fluid and captivating. I found myself wondering where my night went when I finally pull myself away from the book. B.V. Larson is the best at this and he always goes to the head of the list of books when a new is released!! ...more
Steve Almond
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic but

I love this whole series of books, there fun, violent and have a great cast of characters. I cant wait to read the future books. BUT, plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz promote him, I want to see what hes really capable of leading the army's, from the front of course. Please. And a final please.
Dan
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Never a bad story

BV Larson is a excellent writer and a near perfect story teller. Combine that with a galaxy of recurring interesting characters and you have a universe of possibilities. You never know where his depthless imagination is going to transform you. Sit back and enjoy EVERY book he has written or co-authored.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Clone World (Undying Mercenaries Series Book 12)
  • The Octunnumi Fosbit Files Prologue
  • First Encounter
  • Gun Runner
  • Armor World (Undying Mercenaries, #11)
  • Skulduggery Pleasant (Skulduggery Pleasant, #1)
  • The Eyre Affair (Thursday Next, #1)
  • Hell's Reach (Galactic Liberation #6)
  • The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, #1-5)
  • World's Strongest Farmer
  • No Mistakes (World of the Changed, #1)
  • Contagion (Ark Ship Book 2)
  • Storm World (Undying Mercenaries #10)
  • Rivers of London (Rivers of London, #1)
  • Omega Rising (Omega Force, #1)
  • Imprint of War (Birth of the Rim Book 2)
  • A Wizard of Earthsea (Earthsea Cycle, #1)
  • Dinosaurs! (Forger of Worlds Book 3)
Brian Larson is an American science fiction and fantasy author

Undying Mercenaries (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Steel World (Undying Mercenaries, #1)
  • Dust World (Undying Mercenaries, #2)
  • Tech World (Undying Mercenaries, #3)
  • Machine World (Undying Mercenaries, #4)
  • Death World (Undying Mercenaries, #5)
  • Home World (Undying Mercenaries, #6)
  • Rogue World (Undying Mercenaries, #7)
  • Blood World (Undying Mercenaries #8)
  • Dark World (Undying Mercenaries #9)
  • Storm World (Undying Mercenaries #10)

News & Interviews