Start by marking “Red Rain (Nameless #4)” as Want to Read:
Red Rain (Nameless #4)

Red Rain

(Nameless #4)

In a town where the corrupt are protected, a bereaved mother seeks retribution for an arsonists deadly crimes. Only Nameless can help ease the burden of her griefand satisfy her ragein part four of this thrilling series.

After a suspicious house fire, Regina Belmont lost her two children, was left disfigured, and was abandoned by her gutless husband. Brokenhearted and

Published November 12th 2019 by Amazon Original Stories

To ask other readers questions about Red Rain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red Rain

Start your review of Red Rain (Nameless #4)
Char
*sigh*

More of the same, but I've invested too much time now to not finish the series.
Dante
Nov 27, 2019 added it
Shelves: thriller
"No one gives a shit about your dead kids".
Montzalee Wittmann
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Red Rain
Nameless, Book 4
By: Dean Koontz
Narrated by: Edoardo Ballerini
This book has arsonist getting away with murder with the government employees in their pockets.
Nameless comes to settle the score. Love these stories.
Always great narration.
Obsidian
Nov 13, 2019 rated it liked it
This one read as filler to me. We have even more repetitiveness regarding Nameless and the woman and two kids he keeps seeing. I hope that the next two do a bit better than this.

"Red Rain" has Nameless in a city that sounds like Chicago. He visits a woman who was left disfigured after someone set a fire that also killed her two children. Nameless asks her does she want the men responsible to die and she decides that she does. He quickly starts setting up all of the men involved.

Nameless is
Jim C
Mar 08, 2020 rated it liked it
This is a short story series that tells the story about a man named Nameless. He is backed by a mysterious agency that is carrying out justice on people who have committed heinous crimes and got away with it.

If you have read the series in order (which I strongly recommend) you know what you are getting here. Basically, there is nothing new here. This time we deal with a hired arsonist that doesn't care if people are killed while performing his jobs. The series is enjoyable and I like the idea of
NILTON TEIXEIRA
Dec 01, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.
This one was quite enjoyable but too short (less than 50 pages).
Im really enjoying this series.
I want to jump to next one but Im almost falling asleep.
Bernard Jan
Feb 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Red Rain is a humane short story of a mother seeking retribution and justice. In the fourth book of the series, Nameless delivers Regina Belmont justice by taking revenge on those who set her home on fire and left her childless, disfigured, and without a husband who abandoned her, as he tries to remember what in this case is touching his heart in a such a sad way.
Lena
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror, audio, 100-or-less
Ok, that was just boring. These stories are going downhill. An arsonist hunt should have been more fun.
Shalini
Dec 30, 2019 rated it liked it
This had Nameless pursuing an arsonist. The story had him not only entrapping the man, but also becoming more introspective about his visions.
The story meandered a bit until it reached the forgone conclusion.
Justice was served at the end.
Henry
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good Series

This short book is another installment in Dean Koontz' Nameless series. They are quick reads, well written, and simply enjoyable entertainment.
Shawn Deal
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: action, mystery
Loving this series. Cant get enough. Love the whole novella approach. I am now always excited as to what story will be told in the upcoming one. ...more
ChopinFC
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 Stars ( Excellent)

Red Rain is part of a compelling, and highly addictive series by Dean Koontz- about a highly skilled 'killer' dubbed 'Nameless'. Nameless has retrograde amnesia and does not recall anything beyond 2 years prior. 'Nameless' is a highly skilled assassin, and he acts in 'vengeance' taking odd jobs from his handler, only in the name of 'revenge'. Each tale in these short, but fast paced novellas surround a different scenario where 'nameless' is involved to right a previous wrong.
Roz
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was ok
My least favorite so far.
wally
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: koontz
finished this one yesterday...i think it was can't remember if it was in the treestand or maybe sitting in the truck there at the end of the road the broken glass road as my wife calls it good read five stars amazing kindle owned...and some of the highlights to track the theme:

Everybodys bought, and everythings politicized. Theres no way to get the truth.

Justice is a human concept, as flawed as any. There is no reliable justice in this world and, given human nature, never can be. Politics,
Chris DiLeo
Nov 28, 2019 rated it liked it
It's my own fault.

Although the previous three books in this series have been entertaining and quick reads, certain aspects were beginning to wear on me (too much narrative summary, repetitiveness, easily defeated villains) and in this installment those elements were especially grating.

I see the appeal of these storiesthe bad guys are rich and mean and Nameless helps exact poetic justice on them with the help of a mysterious, well connected groupbut this one got a bit too cutesy with its scheme
Sara
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am really loving this series. I want a book.
Chris Snider
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was probably my second favorite of the 4 so far. I suppose one reasonable complaint people could potentially have with these stories is that the hero is never in danger and always seems to be in control while the villain is screwed. However I think that is what makes this series different and intriguing. You wouldn't want every book you read to be that way, but this is good for a change of pace. In many of Dean's Books you have this all knowing group of bad guys that can try to take out the ...more
Stefanie
Jan 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Red Rain is book 4 in the Nameless short stories series by Dean Koontz.

Nameless is instructed to meet with a woman who has lost her two children and was badly burned and disfigured from a rampaging fire. The police had ruled an accidental fire in a run-down old building, but she knows it was arson. She just knows it deep down.

Nameless, who doesnt know his own name due to a bout of amnesia is instructed to take out the arsonist in this short story.

This wasnt my favorite of the short stories in
Romeo
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Randy
Mar 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Short, sweet and satisfying if you have a pure love for language and like the way Koontz crafts his sentences. There isn't a lot of plot here but it's not that sort of story. The action is swift and the mystery at the center of this series (Who the hell is Nameless and what happened to him that makes him so desperate to hide in the fog of induced amnesia?) is enough to keep you engaged to the end of this series of short tales.
The Nameless stories are like tasty little appetizers while you wait
Jennifer Morin
Feb 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Starting to feel a little repetitive. But not awful.
Mary
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite in the Nameless short story series. It pulled me in with the woman who lost everything in a fire where she and her family were brushed off as collateral damage. Her two children dead and half of her body scarred and disfigured beyond repair. She now lives in a shaded room and travels in the night. She is courageous and is determined to find those that did this and wants justice and revenge. Threats come her way and she .retreats. ACE has sent Nameless to her door. Nameless is ...more
Debra Chiaro
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another Great Read!

Enjoyed another great chapter of this short story series. I have to admit, they are beginning to feel like episodes of the old series of "Mission Impossible" . Although those shows usually involved the official authorities, I do like these better. So I will move on to the next installment. Thanks again Mr Koontz.
Cindy
Jan 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020, january-2020
Dean Koontz and the Nameless series of short stories has been good. But I have to say this book has been my least favorite. I like the character, Nameless, and will finish the rest of this series to see where he goes next.
Marc Cassiram
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Felt like this one was too short... but then again we did a bit of insight into who nameless may be...
Dee Cherry
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
#4
Once again, Nameless has taken part to bring down the corrupt individuals that ruin others lives. I enjoyed the clever ideas executed to end evilness. I'm hoping his memory returns soon.
Karsyn
Jan 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Not bad.
Leslie
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I give it a 4 1/2 stars. Almost as good as the first book in this series. Great author though. :) <3
Kristin Scearce
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gav451
Feb 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Very quick to read. About an hour (if that).

It was more like a Novella than a book. In fact it was probably more of a long story.

It reminds me in terms of packaging like The Green Mile but it does not have the emotional depth yet. We are 4 books in and we are only getting flashes of a past. I'm not sure I like the idea of him being a little bit clairvoyant either but we will see where that goes.

These are very much vigilante books. The people being served the justice are clearly bad. There do

• Play Dirty
  • Once Night Falls
  • The Debriefing
  • The Unannounced Christmas Visitor
  • A Minute to Midnight (Atlee Pine, #2)
  • Bear the Brunt (Nuclear Survival Saga #7; Nuclear Survival: Western Strength #1)
  • Dirty Letters
  • Zenith Man
  • The Lion's Den
  • Something Came Through
  • Alexander X (Battle For Forever Book 1)
  • The Elephant Tree
  • Blood Money (Lynx Shorts #1)
  • In the Unlikely Event
  • How Skin Burns (DI Bethany Smith #4)
  • All That Escapes (Lone Survivor #3)
  • Twisted Twenty-Six (Stephanie Plum, #26)
  • Ghoster

Dean, the author of many #1 New York Times

Nameless (6 books)
  • In the Heart of the Fire (Nameless #1)
  • Photographing the Dead (Nameless #2)
  • The Praying Mantis Bride (Nameless #3)
  • The Mercy of Snakes (Nameless #5)
  • Memories of Tomorrow (Nameless #6)