Start by marking “The Mercy of Snakes (Nameless #5)” as Want to Read:
The Mercy of Snakes (Nameless #5)

The Mercy of Snakes

(Nameless #5)

A series of suspicious deaths in a retirement home draws Nameless into the confidence of a terrified former residentand into the dark heart of a shocking conspiracy. In part five of the Nameless series, its time to hunt.

Oakshore Park is Michigans most exclusive assisted-living community. Presided over by two killer angels of mercy, its also the go-to facility in assisted

Published November 12th 2019 by Amazon Original Stories

To ask other readers questions about The Mercy of Snakes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mercy of Snakes

Start your review of The Mercy of Snakes (Nameless #5)
Sheila Beaumont
The fifth entry in Dean Koontz's "Nameless" series, and the best yet. In this one Nameless is sent to deal with a doctor and nurse who are being paid to murder residents of an upscale assisted-living community by heirs who are impatient to get hold of their money. One more story to go. I wonder if we (and Nameless) will find out something about his forgotten past.
Montzalee Wittmann
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Mercy of Snakes
Nameless, Book 5
By: Dean Koontz
Narrated by: Edoardo Ballerini
Money is more important than life in the nursing home. Nameless comes to settle the score.
Great story! Good narration too!
Obsidian
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Spoilers for events from Nameless #1, "In the Heart of the Fire".

Had to go to the gym to workout, which was a welcome break from this series. Honestly this is just boring. At this point what is the purpose of Nameless. The guy barely does anything. He does kill someone in this story, but other than that, why would someone need to have amnesia to do this. His "powers" are not in play in this one either. We hear more about the purple blue eyed woman and I now hate the colors purple and blue.

"The
NILTON TEIXEIRA
Dec 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Interesting

Not bad. But not very exciting. I thought that the previous two novellas were better. Looking forward to reading the final instalment.
Shalini
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this section of Nameless's journey when he pursued a doctor and his nurse for the deaths happening in the nursing home.
Nameless was more proactive and I loved the speed at which the book got read.
Henry
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very Good Series

This is the fifth in Dean Koontz' Nameless series. It was a very enjoyable read. I am looking forward to the sixth and apparently the last in the series
Lisazj1
It's so satisfying to see the bad guys get theirs. Yeah, the series is becoming a bit formulaic because Nameless is who he is *without knowing more of him* and he does what he does. Only the who and how change. But I'm enjoying it for what is is.
Shorty
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Edoardo Ballerini is the narrator.
ChopinFC
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 Stars ( Excellent)

The mercy of Snakes is part of a compelling, and highly addictive series by Dean Koontz- about a highly skilled 'killer' dubbed 'Nameless'. Nameless has retrograde amnesia and does not recall anything beyond 2 years prior. 'Nameless' is a highly skilled assassin, and he acts in 'vengeance' taking odd jobs from his handler, only in the name of 'revenge'. Each tale in these short, but fast paced novellas surround a different scenario where 'nameless' is involved to right a
Mary
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: koontz, short-story
Number 5 in the nameless series. I like this one very much. The stories of Ace, the organization and Nameless are again serving up justice by destroying some very evil people. The actual who and circumstances of the crimes and psychopathic tilt are not at the forefront for me anymore. Evil is evil and does not grow or change. It can be gotten rid of by the Good or so I hope. In this one, I noticed more how Nameless seems. He seems to have no emotion doing or watching the deaths of the culprits. ...more
Richard
Jan 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: prime-reading
While I am pleased these short stories about the Ace of Diamonds an agency that handles Nameless a fixer, bringer of retribution and the judge, jury and executioner of those evil serial killers beyond the arm of the law, are not formulaic.
That said he arrives on a bus with an assumed name ready to be the practical embodiment of his employers research and terminate the evil perpetrators.
In this instalment a retirement community is too successful and impatient relatives need to speed nature along
Romeo
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mark Noble
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Mercy of Snakes is the 5th story in Dean Koontzs Nameless series. By now, the format of the story is familiar. The Ace of Diamonds has identified another evil person who manages to avoid the grip of justice. Nameless is dispatched to ensure that the truth is outed and that the evil is punished or eliminated. The villains in this story euthanize unsuspecting elderly residents in a very upscale assisted living residence that caters to wealthy patrons in Charlevoix, Michigan. Dr. Murdock ...more
Stefanie
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was ok
Nameless is at it again in this fifth book of a short story series by Dean Koontz.

This time around Nameless needs to stop a serial killer from killing the elderly in the fine estate neighborhood that he owns so their family members can get their inheritance.

This one didnt do it for me. The concept was lost and there was no suspense or thrill in this one. Definitely my least favorite of this series so far.

One plus? Nameless seems to be remembering things, but cant piece anything together and I am
David Dalton
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Who is Nameless?

We keep getting clues, but no solid leads. Who is Nameless? How did he become who he is now? Only one more Nameless short story left. Then what ? Hopefully a full length origin story.
Leslie
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Much better then books 2, 3 & 4 in this series. Almost as good as the first book. Well done Dean Koontz. Cant wait to complete this series. Wonderful author indeed. 😁💜 ...more
Lisa
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loving this series of short stories - only one more to go!
Dee Cherry
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Series continues to hold my interest as Nameless is sent to rid the world of more villains. The various settings and characters prove and are good examples that evilness occurs in all situations
Karsyn
Jan 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Meh - probably my 2nd least favorite. Just didn't care for the story.
Karen
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent series, enjoyed them all!!!
Armand Rosamilia
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great addition to this quick-read series. I hope there will be more coming after the sixth and (hopefully not) final book, which I'm diving right into!
Gav451
Feb 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Fun read but still no ilumination.

This was as deftly told as the previous instalments and was a satisfying quick read.

It took about an hour in all so you can get a coffee, find a comfortable spot and just enjoy the ride. Its a single mission so the story wraps up nicely and while there is a back story, 5 episodes in and we are still no closer to learning any it. We are provided with only the briefest of hints.

I suspect these free amazon stories are a prequel to a novel Mr Koontz is going to
Jack
Mar 06, 2020 added it
Reasonably good installment of the Nameless series. Nameless is beginning to remind me of Dexter. A vigilante serial killer. At least he's just killing bad guys and there isn't really any doubt that they're bad. On to the final chapter
Regis
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Yet another superb episode. Absolutely cannot wait to see how it all ends.
wally
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: koontz
finished yesterday the 21st of november 2019 good read five stars amazing kindle owned highlighted a couple places definition of types of people in the world not so much in this one like i'd highlighted in the other four and i've opened the last #6 but have not begun to read.

i've wondered about some of the current stories published where often the protagonist executes a kind of frontier justice, takes the law into his own hands...usually "his" can't think of any female protagonists though i
Nicky
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Just one book left to go, enjoyed all of them and read them very fast. I hope there are more books to follow, more info about Nameless though please.
Lybo Buchanan
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the fifth Book in the Nameless series. These are novellas, revolving around a man who has no memory beyond 2 years ago, does not know his own name, and is clairvoyant. He dishes out justice to those considered above the law, or the law simply cannot reach. He is not a vigilante, since he works under the direction of a group he only knows as the Ace of Diamonds. They are precise in their knowledge of who they're dealing with & what needs to be done & how to do it. Nameless is ...more
Carolyn Injoy
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary Kindle copy of The Mercy of Snakes (Nameless Book 5) by Dean Koontz in an Amazon promotion in exchange for a fair review.

I gave this book five stars because I found it fascinating. It is an ongoing story about "Nameless". I look forward to reading the last book that in this series, Memories of Tomorrow (Nameless Book 6).

Nameless makes a self discovery: "By now, he should not be the least surprised by the capacity of evil people to deceive their credulous frinds and
Tere Fredericks
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There Are Snakes Here. Watch For Them

This one is almost personal to me. I worked at a law firm which defended an angel of mercy. Just finished the case and had it boxed up before I was hired. Pity.

Two very different people join together in their positions at an elder condo area (not assisted living, which is available should the need occur) to help the rich get even richer. It's actually admirably diabolical.

Nameless has plans for these two. On a personal note, I admit to admiring Mr. Koontz's
Kirsten
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Nameless is a Good Short Series

So far out of this series, this story for some unknown reason is my least favorite. But it is still a good read. Perhaps it's because I got lost a couple of times and had to reread some sections. I don't know. I do love this Nameless series. Wish it wasn't short. But all good things eventually will have to come to an end.

I do feel like with the other books there was a build up before the jobs were done. This one seemed to happen quicker. It doesn't take away from
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Play Dirty
  • Once Night Falls
  • The Debriefing
  • Alexander X (Battle For Forever Book 1)
  • A Minute to Midnight (Atlee Pine, #2)
  • Twisted Twenty-Six (Stephanie Plum, #26)
  • All That Escapes (Lone Survivor #3)
  • Dirty Letters
  • Something Came Through
  • Even (Ham #2)
  • Ghoster
  • Goodbye My Precious Child (DI Sally Parker #6)
  • The Lion's Den
  • Zenith Man
  • Loam (Disorder collection)
  • The Elephant Tree
  • In the Unlikely Event
  • Lost Innocence

Dean, the author of many #1 New York Times

Nameless (6 books)
  • In the Heart of the Fire (Nameless #1)
  • Photographing the Dead (Nameless #2)
  • The Praying Mantis Bride (Nameless #3)
  • Red Rain (Nameless #4)
  • Memories of Tomorrow (Nameless #6)