Start by marking “Destiny of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #2)” as Want to Read:
Destiny of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #2)

Destiny of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf #2)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  2,018 Ratings  ·  96 Reviews
All she wants is the truth...
Lelandi Wildhaven is determined to discover the truth about her beloved sister's mysterious death. But everyone thinks she's out to make a bid for her sister's widowed mate...

He's a pack leader tormented by memories...
Darien Silver blames himself for his mate's death. When her twin arrives in his town, he finds himself bewitched, and when someo
Mass Market Paperback, 416 pages
Published March 1st 2009 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

Julie (jjmachshev)
May 10, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009-reads
"Destiny of the Wolf" is Terry Spear's second 'Wolf' novel published by Sourcebooks Casablanca. In this story, she pens a tale of love, greed, lust, and betrayal. At 416 'story' pages, it's certainly not a small book and the author took the opportunity to include a murder mystery and some foreshadowing for what I assume will be her next novel in this series.

Lelandi's parents are dead. Her triplet brother took off several years ago and now she's just learned that her other triplet sister who ran
PepperP0t
4.5stars actually
I liked this outing better than book one but didn't really see the connection between the two so I would consider the books fine for stand-alone. Overlap is either very minimal or non-existent. Lelandi Wildhaven has arrived in Silver Town to find out why her triplet sister Larissa was murdered and who did it. Knowing only that her sister mated the Gray leader Armed Darien Silver, she thinks she had best to in disguise to get the information she wants. And she has to do it before
Purr More
I am wavering between 3.5 and 4 stars on this one. I liked it better than the first book, Heart of the Wolf. It seemed to move along at a better pace. None of the characters or story line carry over from the first book so it can be read as a standalone. I noticed a couple of very minor details that are related to the first book but nothing important to the story.

One detail that annoyed me a bit is that it was mentioned early in the book that the heroine is supposed to have some martial arts trai
Aly
Aug 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Sheila
Jun 09, 2009 rated it really liked it
Terry Spear’s wolves are neither wild not tame. They live in small towns, keeping their identity secret from their human friends, running hospitals, schools, police stations, bars… There’s a human girl who wants to be a nurse, but sick werewolves aren’t quite the same as sick humans. And there’s a girl who’s pretending to be human, but wolves can tell the difference straight away.

Terry Spear’s wolves are sensual, sweet, dangerous and delightful, and her stories are full of intriguing details abo
Bobs (Reader Unbound)
Apr 03, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: All Terry Spear fans
Destiny of the Wolf is the second installment in the Heart of the Wolf series and the first book I have ever read, by this author and most probably the last. I have no idea what repulsed me so much in this book. Was it the names? Cause God help me no parents in their right mind would name their children Lelandi, Leidolf and Larissa Wildhaven. Well, Larissa was just fine, but she died, so yeah...
May be it was the whole idea of the plot? One man sleeps with one twin then with the other?! And thoug
Paraphrodite
Jan 23, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Jennifer Giuffre
Aug 02, 2017 rated it did not like it
chrisa
Mar 14, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned
I tried to enjoy this book and read about 200 pages before I gave up. I found the dialogues between characters laughable and the plot pretty far fetched. I am disappointed because I was hoping to add Terry Spear to my list of paranormal romance authors I enjoy reading but that will not be happening. I am giving away the Terry Spear books I had on my shelf, hopefully someone else will enjoy reading them!
Deborah Hayes
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great plot twists & mystery!

Loved this book! Kept me totally interested, no silly, useless paragraphs to skip through like I have in other books. Action, anxiety & sexy, all in one book.
Jamie
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

Amazing. I loved every bit of it. It was a love story for everyone. It kept you guessing the whole time.
Kathy
Christine
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story is even better than the first in the series! There are so many twists, turn,s and surprises that just when I thought I had things figured out, I was wrong! This can be read and enjoyed as a stand alone, because there is only a small reference to happenings in the first book. Each book contains a HEA for the main characters and there isn't a cliff hanger ending. I love the world that the author has created and I can't wait for the next book! This is a wonderful paranormal romance and i ...more
Rhianna
Feb 06, 2009 rated it liked it
Mystery Worth Wolfing Down

Lelandi shows up in Silver Town with one mission in mind: find the bastard who murdered her sister and avenge her death. What she doesn't anticipate is that her sister had been living under Lelandi's name and got herself in over her head so far she could have never got out on her own. Still grieving, Larissa's mate, Darien Silver, doesn't expect to find his mate's identical sister snooping around his pack's home. When someone tries to kill Lelandi to keep her from disco
Sandy M
Jul 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is my second book by Ms. Spear, the first being Heart of the Wolf, which I also reviewed. I had an issue with the heroine in HotW, but this time around I enjoyed everything about Destiny of the Wolf, and especially the heroine.

Lelandi is a strong and independent woman — she has to be if she’s to be an alpha’s mate. But when she begins her journey to find her sister’s killer, she has no idea that is where her life is headed. She’s a lone red wolf seeking information from a pack of grays, and
Dahlia (yadkny)
Apr 16, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Wolf Shifter Lovers
Lelandi is a red wolf shifter and part of a set of triplets. Her sister Larissa ran away from her abusive mate and wound up dead a short time later from an apparent suicide. Their brother Leidolf has gone rogue in the hopes of starting his own pack, but who knows where he is. The triplets’ parents are presumed dead from a car accident, but Lelandi knows better and figures it to be an inside pack job due to both Larissa’s and her disappearance. Now she is left to figure out the why’s, how’s, and ...more
LynnMarie
Oct 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Yadkny’s Review

Margaret
Nov 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review

Praise for Terry Spear!... the story is a fun glimpse into an animalistic lifestyle full of death, betrayal and love. (Shawn Remfrey Armchair Interviews 20090205)

If you love werewolves, contentious yet steamy romances, and lots of action, you will enjoy Destiny of the Wolf! (Steph B. The Romance Studio 20090223)

The chemistry of Darien and Lelandi set the pages of Destiny of the Wolf afire! (The Pen & Muse 20090302)

Fans will relish this wonderful lampooning of the lycan legend inside

Bernadette
Jun 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys romantic suspense
This is the 2nd book in the series and I was engrossed from the start. This is also the 2nd book of the author’s that I have read and this one is far better than ‘Heart of the Wolf’. The books are stand-alone novels so I don’t think it really matters in what order you read them. I also like the fact that the author pays as much attention to the suspense element of the book as she does the romance (if not more so).

In this book, the romance is between Lelandi and Darien. Lelandi is from the Wildha
Laurie Gyd
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Spirit and loving

Loved the strength of the characters in this story, Lanie has come a long ways to investigate her triplets murder, into the gray's pack lands, she meets her sisters husband, Darien the leader. Then his brother and her are shot at and wounded, attempts are made on her life. Exciting and full of surprises
Suzan
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, in fact it may replace the first as my series favourite so far! I love the connection to the previous book considering Leidolf is the mysterious red that became alpha of the red pack in the first book and Darien is related (distant cousin) to the previous alpha hero Devlyn!
I loved Darien and Lelandi, I got a little annoyed that Lelandi so stubbornly kept secrets and refused to cooperate with Darien at the start and then got upset when he didn't tell her everything cau
Janina
Feb 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Oh how I loved this book! I thought Terry Spear did a fantastic job with this installment. The writing with this book flowed with ease and I devoured this book in a day exactly! AND, I love me a good Alpha male :) You should too!

I guess I'll start with the characters, as always. Like I said before, I love me a good alpha male! Darien was perfect in every way, shape, and form. From the moment I was introduced to him in the book, I fell in love with his character. The dominant personality of his w
Samantha
Mar 07, 2009 rated it liked it
Lelandi Wildhaven comes to town with one thing on her mind: find her sister's murderer and then avenge her death. What she isn't prepared for is falling for her late sister's husband and finding herself in serious danger. There are a ton of suspects to choose from as none of the females and some of the males in the pack are happy that Lelandi is there and think that she is after her sister's husband and the leader of the pack Darien. And the question remains as to whether Lelandi can find her si ...more
Karen
Aug 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
"A Werewolf Tale that will have you belieiving they live among us!"

Lelandi Wildhaven doesn't believe her twin sister committed suicide and plans to find out what happened. The pack doesn't like or trust Lelandi since they think she's there to claim Darien for herself.

Darien Silver is the pack leader. He's still dealing with his mate's death. He doesn't want her twin sister nosing around where she doesn't belong. He didn't expect to feel the immediate attraction and it has nothing to do with the
Melissa
Aug 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was great. I whole heartedly agree with all the good reviews! Talk about a book with a lot of neat twists and turns. This one kept me on the edge until the very end. Lelandi has a sister named Larissa who ran away from an abusive mate to a new pack. She decided to impersonate her sister Lelandi and remarries pack master Darien. Not long afterwards she is found dead and it is ruled as a suicide. Lelandi doesn't believe it and goes to Darien's pack to try and unravel what really happened ...more
Sian
May 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What a great second book into this series !!!!!

I loved Lelandi, her whole character was just amazing. I thought she had some guts to not only do a runner from her abusive pack but to also go in search to find out exactly what happened to her twin sister.

Now her sister annoyed me, not only did she steel Lelandi`s identity but she was also dishonest and stole her sisters true mate....What more can I say....

I actually also liked Darien, I thought he handled the situation well and once he was aware
Runningrabbit
Kindle Unlimited
This was a really enjoyable read and definitely the best shifter romance I've read in some time.

It's a werewolf romance paced by a solid murder mystery with ongoing troubles. The main character is completely likable with a classic tough girl exterior.

Although this is a romance it has some action and some hot & steamy love making. The sex side isn't overwhelming and certainly doesn't detract from the the focus of the story line.

If you like a good romance supported by a good st
Kriss
Feb 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mystery and Shifter Story in One Nicely Written

Interesting and nicely written shifter story with a mystery thrown in. Not a lot of heavy explicit sexual description to take up a lot of the story like in some books, and readers who don't care for that and want more of a storyline and mystery thrown in along with the shifter arc will enjoy this book. The story was very interesting and I couldn't put it down! There were a lot of twists and turns and every time I thought I had it figured out I woul
Monique
Apr 26, 2013 rated it it was ok
Was it just my copy that had chapters 9&10 repeated?!

I hated the first book in this series. I wanted to like this book more but I found the whole name confusion annoyingly drawn out and then chapters 9 and 10 repeated. (why did MY book have to be the misprinted one?? Ugh!) I liked that Leilandi knew self defense. I think she had a black belt in jujitsu(?) but she never really used her skills. I expected more from her and was a little let down.. the male leads are smoldering though which kept
Tania
Mar 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: terry-spear
"Destiny of the Wolf" by Terry Spear. Book 2 in the Heart of the Wolf series. Book 1 in the Silver Town Wolf series (series within the Heart of the Wolf series).

I really like this book. Fast paced, lots of action and mystery. A case of mistaken identity? Or purposely deceived?

Damien, leader of the Grey Pack, is grieving over the suicide of his mate...or was it murder? Lelandi is Damien's mate's sister, and she is willing to do anything she can to find out what really happened to her twin sister.
  • The Taming of the Wolf (Westfield Wolves, #4)
  • Wild Highland Magic (The MacInnes Werewolves Trilogy, #3)
  • Enemy Lover (Draicon Werewolves, #3)
  • Wolf Line (Granite Lake Wolves #5)
  • White Wolf (White Wolf, #1)
  • Wolf's Magic (Westervelt Wolves, #4)
  • Skylar's Devotion (Roxie's Protecters, #4)
  • Deadman's Blood (Blood Series, #5)
  • Tempting the Enemy (Resurrection, #1)
  • The Wolf Within (Alpine Woods Shifters, #3)
  • The Werewolf Upstairs (Strange Neighbors, #2)
Love, love, love romance, the paranormal, hunky Highlanders with their delicious brogue and hot kilts, so Terry Spear writes about those hunky Highlanders both in medieval times and as wolves in contemporary times. Jaguar shifters too! And young adult urban fantasy. And romantic suspense.

She grew up reading mystery, adventure, mythologies from around the world, ghost stories, the paranormal, fell
More about Terry Spear...

Heart of the Wolf (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Heart of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #1)
  • To Tempt the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #3)
  • Legend of the White Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #4)
  • Seduced by the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #5)
  • Wolf Fever (Heart of the Wolf Series, # 6)
  • Heart of the Highland Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #7)
  • Dreaming of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #8)
  • A SEAL in Wolf's Clothing (Heart of the Wolf, #9)
  • A Howl for a Highlander (Heart of the Wolf, #10)
  • A Highland Werewolf Wedding (Heart of the Wolf, #11)