Start by marking “Thank you, Chlamydia” as Want to Read:

This title has been rerelease under the title "My So-Called Perfect Life". ...more
Published November 22nd 2019 by BergBooks, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Thank you, Chlamydia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thank you, Chlamydia

Start your review of Thank you, Chlamydia
Bookworm Extraordinaire
Nov 04, 2019 marked it as this-amuses-me
Really?? That title...that plot. Chlamydia...nothing says romance like an STD! 😂😂

Aisling Zena
Nov 10, 2019 marked it as wtf
I don't see how Chlamydia is conducive to romance.. And especially in the title...

Erika ♥OwlwaysReading♥
Nov 04, 2019 marked it as nope-not-4-me
"All you need is love
All you need is love
All you need is love, love
Just kidding azithromycin 👩‍⚕️💊 is what you need"

I don't really get it, but it it it it might work😅🧐🤔.
Ellie
Nov 10, 2019 added it
What the everlasting f*ck?!
Every time I think this genre has hit rock bottom, nope, turns out there's always another so-called writer willing to scrape the sludge and go lower.

Shite like this has pretty well ruined romances for me and I resent it. An STD in the title of a love story? It's even out of line for a rom-com. Why would I support a writer with such a base mentality?
Paula  Phillips
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it

With surgery looming, I needed a funny book and one to keep me entertained. Thank You, Chlamydia had me at the title and it was hilarious. It has been a while since I have read a book that made me laugh out loud in parts while reading. It also had cute moments when it became a thing for the main characters to give themselves keyrings that represent STDS. Our main character has always been the rule follower and had the perfect life and plan which suited her. That was until she found out on her we
FunUndertheCovers
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can not believe I read a book that included an STD but guess what?? IT WAS AMAZING!! This was my first read from K.A. Berg and I can hardly wait to get my hands on so much more. It is unbelievable that this is K.A. Berg's first shot at Rom-Com. She was a natural. In this story, poor Danielle, forced to become a run away bride when so much time and money and planning had gone into her perfect wedding to be followed by her perfect life. Those of us who live in the real world know that there is n ...more
Up All Night Book Addict
I am going to start this off with saying that I downloaded this book solely based off the title. I had seen someone share an article about the book and its uniqueness in the romance genre. I am a lover of people writing books outside of what is considered the norm. So, naturally I had to read this one.

The idea of a man and woman getting together because of an STD is not only unique, but it's also a little boundary pushing. It's not something most authors would be brave enough to do. We live in a
Campbell
Even though the title is off-putting (I second-guessed my decision to read it many times before I started) the book itself is great! I've read a few too many books lately where the heroine is betrayed and doesn't stand up for herself as strongly and gracefully as Danielle. The relationship between 2 people who have been judged and stereotyped by others is sweet. I think there is a place in romances for an open discussion of STDs and how they can be transmitted and prevented without shame.

I highl
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

When Danielle finds out her fiancé has been cheating on her, a trip to the nearest bar is necessary. Thank God, because it's where she meets a gorgeous bartender, and has the hottest night of her life. Unfortunately, that night leaves her with an STD (or so she thinks), so back to confront Ryan she goes. And promptly realizes just what a great guy he is. And is reminded of how hot he is, too. Can they make a relationship work or is Ryan doomed to just be the rebound guy?

You'd thi
Mack Black
Jul 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Okay, so title aside, you should totally take a chance on this book... it was downright HILARIOUS. From a horrible wedding day nightmare, to a one night stand in a bar, to a burning when she pees, to a vomiting blubbering mess, this book had it ALL. I cried from laughing so hard.
Dani was downright the best female character ever. She was witty and fun and engaging in a way that kept me interested. Her one liners were pure gold.
Start to finish, this was amazing. I can't wait to see what else thi
Cee Cee Houston
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Don’t judge this book by its title.
For those of you who are looking at this title and only seeing the ‘word’, I’m here to say, look beyond it. It’s attention-grabbing, I’ll admit, but honestly, so is the story. It starts out with a cheating almost bridegroom, then heads to a hot hookup with a sexy as sin bartender, then the dreaded word rears its ugly head for real. But, fear not. This is not the be-all and end-all of the tale. It’s only the beginning!
Danielle finds her betrothed has been cheati
Pamela
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Danielle is not having a great time. She finds out her almost groom is cheating on her right before the wedding. She lived life by the rules and all it got her was heartache. She ends up drunk in a bar and having a one night stand with the bartender Ryan. An STD and the truth come about so that Danielle and Ryan can finally get together. Don't let the title put you off this story, it's a great read. ...more
Christina Rybka
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Danielle is about to marry Scott when she finds out he cheated on her. The next night she goes to a bar and meets a Ryan who rocks her world. A few weeks later Chalmydia. Ryan and Danielle are so good together but is Ryan a rebound? Great characters and storyline. This book was funny and sweet with all the feels. Great book highly recommend
Linda Moore
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was sweet, charming and hilarious. I loved the chemistry between Ryan and Danielle. The secondary characters were fantastic also and I would love for them to get their own stories.
Deekay
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Don’t judge a book by its title!

I know most readers will find the title a bit disturbing, and also it sound silly because it has the word ‘Chlamydia.’ Well, the story is more than that. Let’s admit it, there’s nothing beautiful about STDs. But the story isn’t even about Chlamydia at all, it was about two people finding and falling in love in the craziest situations. And to me, that’s what make this book unique and beautiful.

The story was quite fun to read, it’s a mix of contemporary romance and
Trish
May 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
I picked this up for a thesis I’m currently writing about sexually transmitted infections in literature. This was the only book I could find that talks about Chlamydia, actually. Most of the other ones are about HIV/AIDS. And after a few days of reading somber and heavy tearjerkers, reading this book was almost a relief.

It’s a fun and light read as far as fun and light reading goes. I was actually really excited because the premise looked incredibly promising. Rarely do we find a story about tw
Everly Belle
Sep 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Super fun, cute story. I loved the characters, the plot, everything. Everything except the title. Girl, you're a good writer, but the title almost made me not read the book. Honestly, I read it because I saw in a writing group were both in on Facebook that you asked for serious input on this topic, and I wanted to read it before giving a full reaction. Here it is: change your title. There are so many ways you could go and have a great response, higher sales/KU reads, etc. The title has shock val ...more
AJ's book-reMarks
Dec 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Once you get past the title, the story is actually great. Thank you Chlamydia is about a twenty-seven-year-old woman who's is betrayed on her wedding day. Things actually spin out of control with her now ex-fiance for a woman who not only had her whole life planned out but now loses control over every aspect of it. There are parts of this story that are laugh-out-loud funny, and it's inspiring and hopeful to anyone who was forced to make a change in their planned destiny. Not to sound too cliche ...more
Michelle
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who knew an STD would be so much fun?

I knew I’d love this book just by the title! Danielle finds out on the day of her wedding that her fiancé is cheating on her. After humiliating him in front of everyone she tries to drink her problems away and move on from her lying ex by hooking up with someone else as revenge. She not only finds out she has chlamydia, but maybe a new outlook on life. So much fun!
Dorothy Morris
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chlamydia

I loved loved loved this book. I laughed and cried for Danielle it was she could not get a break. But she kept moving forward and I loved life. Everything she went through was a sign to get where she was meant to be. I wish I could give this book more than five stars. A must read.
Wendy Livingstone
Entertaining read!!

Don't let the title of this novel put you off reading this amazing story! This is a beautifully written flawless and humorous story from the very beginning. I was totally captivated throughout this additive page turner and I highly recommend this talented authors work for all readers. I look forward to reading more from this author.
Dolapo
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The reviews don't lie

I didn't think I would like a book with an STD in the title, but after reading the reviews, I decided to give it a read, and I wasn't disappointed! Dani's drunken moments tended to earn an eye roll(but that's just me), but overall, for her first attempt at a romcom, I can't fault it at all!
Mandi
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you, KA Berg!

This was such a good story. I literally laughed out loud at a couple spots and had strangers looking at me funny!! Haha I have to say, I read the first chapter (maybe an email or Facebook) and I was absolutely hooked!!
Kim Amponsah
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Woohoo chlamydia!

Ryan and Danielle are wonderful together. They are brought together by betrayal and and an STD. Their chemistry is off the charts. Rock on Ryan for being a wonderful stand up guy who does not allow a mishap to deter him from love. This book is hilarious and a wonderful love story! I love it!
Rachel
Mar 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun story that shows how heartache sometimes leads people into the best circumstances. Danielle and Ryan were fun and their banter was adorable. This story was funny, heartwarming, and sweet.
Erin McCoy
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny and steamy

A funny and steamy read. Ryan and Danielle have great chemistry that the author really brings off the page. This book is full of humorous moments and interesting characters. A unique beginning to a relationship that turns into a wonderful love story.
Karlena Lipari
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very cute

I really liked this book, it has tons of laughs and a quirky couple that had lots of chemistry! I never knew STDs could be so much fun!!!
wvgirl_304
Mar 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ryan, Dani Girl and keychains
Gwen Shafer
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was on the edge of my seating, rowing on the floor with laughter, crying with tears from laughing so hard. This book was off the charts freaking amazing. There was so many moments in this one where you couldn't help but laugh, want to punch someone and cheered someone on. K.A Berg wrote one amazing storyline with this one.
Danielle learns the absolutely worst thing that she could the day of her wedding. But she handles it so very well. I literally but down my kindle and wanted to clap when I r
Jennifer Pierson
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I gotta say that I NEVER thought I would love a romantic comedy with a STD in the title, but here we are. Normally, I would stay away from any title with Chlamydia in it, but I love me some K.A. Berg, so I was like, what the hell?! I'm so glad that I did read this story, as I couldn't get enough of it, including the whole chlamydia situation. Please understand I'm not saying that the heroine should have gotten it, just saying, in today's day & age, it's a real possibility if not careful getting ...more

• Consumed (Dare to Risk, #4)
  • Torn Apart
  • Ghost (Dark Moon Falls)
  • Bailey (Confessions, #6)
  • Water Viper (Jesse Alexander, #1)
  • Heartburn
  • Sexy Jerk (Sexy Jerk World, #1)
  • One Week Stand: A Steamy Romantic Comedy
  • Unlovely Things (Love By Design #2)
  • Phoenix Freed (Phoenix #3)
  • Love Under Construction (Love By Design, #1)
  • Dark Phoenix (Phoenix #2)
  • If You Say So (KPD Motorcycle Patrol #6)
  • The Inheritance
  • Venom (Rosewood Realm #1)
  • Twisted Marriage (Filthy Vows, #2)
  • Phoenix Rising (Phoenix #1)
  • Belle's Betrayal
By day, Kimberly is a teacher who also happens to have four beautiful, insane children who keep her in running a million different direction on a daily basis. At night, she tries to get all the steamy stories in her head down on paper or computer screen so she can eventually share them with her wonderful readers, but more often than not, falls asleep in the process because sleep is life. She's a ...more