Start by marking “Filthy Beautiful (Players, #2)” as Want to Read:
Filthy Beautiful (Players, #2)

Filthy Beautiful

(Players #2)

It’s forbidden... but that just makes it hotter.

Courteney Clarke is the kind of girl who rock stars like me write songs about.

She’s beautiful, but she's totally off-limits.
Because she’s my best friend’s little sister.

Now she tells me she’s a virgin—and she wants me to be her first.
But she’s just f*cking with me. I know she is.
She just hates me that much.

She know
Published December 3rd 2019 by DreamWarp Publishing Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Filthy Beautiful, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Filthy Beautiful

Start your review of Filthy Beautiful (Players, #2)
Nicole Hamlett
Dec 09, 2019 rated it did not like it
I never do this but it's so glaringly problematic that I'm still angry about it.

No means no. Period. The end. Authors have a responsibility to promote consent. (edited because I wasn't very eloquent the first time I posted this.)

When Xander said, If you were the guy and I were the girl, and I was saying no-- and Courtney says, we'll we're not so-- I had to stop reading. Just because the genders are reversed doesn't mean that it's not rape. I'm so disappointed that this was romanticized into be
Kimberley Jane
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I recieved this book as part of the ARC team.

I wish there was a ten star. I really didn't know what to expect after the snippets of Xander. He didn't seem like a character I would fall for and become invested in his story but my god was I wrong. He is probably my favourite now topping my affection for Brody and Ash.

This book has hidden depths and an undercurrent of tradegdy I was not expecting from it and not the classic rockstar tradegdy. It looks at grief and hope and love and connections an
Hannah
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Oh, man, I had such high hopes for this book. I love Jaine Diamond’s other books because they combine drama with genuine attraction and superb sex.

This one? I just didn’t feel it. My head was spinning with the back-and-forth between Xander and Courteney, to the point where her being 18 and him being 30 wasn’t even the biggest issue of the book — it was Courteney being an immature, ungrateful, self-absorbed girl with equally immature, self-absorbed friends, who were wholly unnecessary to the stor
Joyce Black
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ms. Diamond has done it again ... another great read of the second book in this off shoot series. Good story line that flowed smoothly, was easy to read and captured this reader's attention. I started this novel last night and finished it off this evening. There were enticing characters that made it difficult to leave the book alone and go to bed at a reasonable hour. The characterizations are many, varied and the key characters had life challenges that were relatable.

Great read. Highly recommen
Emma Whitehouse
Love love this book! Did I say I loved it! Because I did! This is the next book in the players series after Ashley’s book hot mess and is about Xander. After reading the small snippet at the end of Ashley’s book I couldn’t wait for this story and it did not disappoint, so so so many feels. Loved Courtney and Xanders connection and the pull and push of their feelings. Loved getting to hear about all our beloved characters from dirty! This book is a must read! Jaine never disappoints, now we have ...more
Angie Trumps
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jaine never disappoints. Another spectacular read. I love the strong women in these books and the men they love. It takes Xander a while to understand sometimes the right thing to do is love who you love and know it’s ok to be loved in return. It’s also understood by both that Cary has to fix Cary and until he is ready to fix himself, no one will be able to help. So many feels from this book. Great work! So excited for Summer’s story.
Shay Rosauro Willis
It was another decadent read! Jaine knows how to tell a story that pulls you right in. Forbidden love is oh so sweet. The Dirty series and all the characters were amazing... This next chapter featuring The Players is even juicier! I wasn’t able to put it down. I am excited for the next book already!!!
Courtney
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was ok
I get that these books are ultimately meant to be a good time, nothing to take too seriously, but this one was another let down in the dirty/players series.

18 year old Courteney acted just like an 18 year old would, so I can’t fault her character for that. A 12 year age gap at that time in your life is a huge deal and I’m not judging relationships with age gaps or making generalizations but in no way was I buying that she and Xander could make it work.

Also can we not with the forbidden fruit 18
Megan Fultz
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Xander Rush and Courteney Clarke give a whole new definition to the word anticipation.
Jaine Diamond does it again! Enraptured your mind and heart with two amazing characters and a great, relatable plot!
The Players Series has a lot to live up to compared to The Dirty Series, and Jaine Diamond delivers in 'Filthy Beautiful'.
This book is one I didn't want to put down, and I didn't! I read this book well into the night and barely put it down to eat. It's an enthralling story about a rockstar you
Stephanie Bailey
Dec 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Hmmmm

I'm confused about this one. I'll be honest, Courtney came across as childish, I know more mature 18 year olds. Her constant whining to her friends was irritating. Also, the constant back and forth and rehashing of the same old issue ad-nauseam got old really fast. Like one of the other reviewers, I too wondered if J. Diamond actually wrote this one. It didn't have her vibe and came across as juvenile.
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
Filthy Beautiful is the second book in the Players series which is a spin-off of the Dirty series. It can be read as standalone but I do recommend reading Hot Mess since it’s Ash’s story and well, I love him. It also around the same timeline. I don’t want to spoil anything so I will make this fast. Maybe.

Courteney wanted to be seen. She wants to fit. She hasn’t really been seen by anyone since she was fourteen. Since tragedy struck. And now, she was eighteen, a high school graduate and new assi
Kelly Greer
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I *thought* I could read this book in chunks in between work. I was wrong. As with all of Jaine's books, I couldn't put this one down.

I absolutely LOVE a broken hero. The moment when the hero realizes he’s broken and that the heroine is what will fix him is my favorite part of any story, and this one might be my favorite since Deeper. Xander’s transformation is funny and sweet and emotional and amazing.

And let’s not forget Courteney. She’s figuring things out, too. And they do a sort of role re
Cheryl O'Harney
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jaine Diamond’s back with the second book from her Players series, giving us readers an insight into these gorgeous rockstars and their life’s, in this case it’s the turn of sexy Xander Rush with his filthy mouth, he’s being led down the road of temptation by his best friends little sister Courteney Clarke, she’s always loved Xander from afar however she’s now making it her mission to seduce him into taking her virginity. As much as Xander tries to resist his little temptress he can’t keep away ...more
Doris
Breaking the Bro Code

Cary Clark had warned his best friend and ex bandmate Xander away from his sister Courteney but Courteney had other ideas. She had just turned eighteen and Xander had just come off from touring with Steel Trapt and the temptation was right in his face because he was living in Cary’s mansion and Courteney had just moved in as well to help keep an eye on her brother who had become anti-social since his friend and bandmate, Gabe died.

The stage is set for one hot little, heavily
Liz
Shelves: rock
I couldn't put this book down. An older rock star and a younger girl, sounds like the perfect book. Throw in a slow burn romance and a really interesting brother and I was hooked. Loved the story, loved Xander and Courtney, looking forward to seeing if Cary gets a book.
Shelly Davis
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an advanced copy of Filthy Beautiful. This book was as amazing as the rest. Actually, I think the books just get better as the series go on. I loved Xander and Courteney. Forbidden love can be so sweet. I definitely recommend this book, this series, and the Dirty series! I can’t wait for the next book! AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!
Laura Swanson-Taylor
Got an advanced copy and OMG this book is full of the feels. I laughed, I cried, and I was beyond happy with this book!
Nicole Schutz
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG! I love all of these characters but this book is definitely my new favorite! Courtney and Xander are everything! I cannot wait for the rest of the series.
Reader
Rating: DNF

30 year rock star and 18 year old recent High School grade - ugh not for me. The beginning was a turn off. No chemistry between the H/h.
Melissa A
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
Left with more questions then answers

This is my first time reading a book by this author. I appreciated the little note at the beginning that talked about it being a part of a series but also a standalone. Normally, I would have started at the beginning but I was enthralled by an excerpt I had read and pushed forward.

I really liked Xander and Courteney and their back and forth made sense to me due to their age gap and his relationship with her brother.

What I did not like was a lot of the story
Samantha Booth
Jun 09, 2020 rated it it was ok
Betsy
Dec 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I hate to admit I was a little disappointed in this book. It took me longer to get into it, while all the other books in this world had me hooked from the beginning. I was looking forward to the Players actually making music together, but that didn’t happen. I’m also concerned about Carey and hope he doesn’t have to suffer too much longer before he can join the rest of the world again. I did enjoy the book overall, but it was not as good as the others. I’m already looking forward to Summer’s sto ...more
Kelly
May 29, 2020 rated it did not like it
DNF.... went to about 70%, right when I thought it would get good, it went waaaayyyyy south for me. This is when they finally have sex. (That was fine) The next morning was a train wreck. WHY, WHY make the female character into some whiny 13 year old girl. It was so annoying to read. I was yelling in my head for the male character to run so far away from this girl and never look back.
Jessica Cramer
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So... I just finished read my advanced copy and it's more than what I was thinking of. I laugh and I cried a lot. Xander is the hottest sweetheart I have read recently. Poor Cary just got my feels going. Can't wait for the next book.
IReadNovels
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
Poor Pacing

The MCs went back and forth, the subplots never actually developed and at 66% I was ready to give up, pushed through/glanced at pages until 80% and gave up.
Stephanie
There was so much back and forth on this book. ‘Lets get together, but actually we can’t,’ on repeat. It got old quick.
B. C. Booklover
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jaine Diamond swept me into her 'Dirty' rockstar series world from the very beginning. I've devoured all her books and loved those rocking hero's like the stars they are...unforgettable!

So now, she's spun us into a new connected, exciting rockstar series, Players, beginning with Hot Mess (if you want to read that one, I absolutely loved it). This book, Filthy Beautiful, book 2, could stand alone and you might even spot a few familiar faces along the way...don't you love when that happens!!!

This
Romance Between The Sheets
Sorry could not finish this, the back and forth between the two characters and then throw in the girly antics drove me mental. Do not get me started on the brother Carey. I mean locking himself away and Ignoring his sister what a self centred idiot. I felt so sorry for her she desperately wanted a family, it just made me sad reading this and I just gave up. She was so lonely and to continually throw herself at Zander and for him to keep saying no, well it made me feel a little uncomfortable and ...more
Dana ~ The Dirty Smut'atter
4.5 Stars - SLOW SLOW SLOW BURN!!

I have wanted to get to the bottom of what is Xander after we got a taste of him in Ashley Player's book. I will warn you this this book is a very SLOW, SLOW, SLOW BURN and that it will leave you reading chapter after chapter. Jamie Diamond gives us the chance to see the burn from the perspective of both Xander and Courtney which is a favorite of mine. It becomes evident pretty quickly that the heat level between these two if off the charts, but can they overcome
Jennifer Hines
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*I received this book free from the author.*

Courteney is outspoken when she wants something, she's super over protective when it comes to her brother, and she's hopelessly in love with Xander. She's only eighteen, but I loved her character. I liked how she was the one who acted more adult than he did.

"There was something...undone between the two of us. Something unfinished. Something that could never be done or finished, because it couldn't be."

Xander is a drummer. He's been in a few bands that
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Special Delivery (Always Satisfied #5)
  • Friends with Bang-ifits (The Bangover #0.5)
  • Never Lasting (Never Blue #1)
  • Kiss Me Tonight (Put A Ring On It, #2)
  • Hold Me Today (Put A Ring On It, #1)
  • Ransom (Soulless Bastards MC Daytona Chapter, #3)
  • Unrequited (Unrequited #1)
  • Waking Up Married: A Rock Star Rom Com
  • Never Again (Never Blue #2)
  • Underneath It All (The Walshes, #1)
  • Under The Bridge (Blue is the Color, #4)
  • Holiday Ever After
  • All the Way (Hot Jocks, #2)
  • Southern Gentleman (Charleston Heat, #3)
  • Drive (Boston Terriers #2)
  • The Protector: Mac (Cover Six Security, #1)
  • The First Taste
  • A Filthy Rock Star (Filthy Line #1)
Get Jaine's rockstar romance, Dirty Like Us, FREE in both ebook AND audiobook HERE!

Join Jaine Diamond’s VIPs!

Jaine Diamond is a contemporary romance author, fond of writing the love stories of built and badass men endowed with massive hearts, and strong, complex women she'd love to have a cocktail with.

She lives in beautiful Vancouver, Canada with her real-life romantic hero (Mr. Diamond) and th

Players (4 books)
  • Hot Mess (Players #1)
  • Sweet Temptation (Players #3)
  • Lovely Madness (Players #4)