Start by marking “Deadly Enterprise (Mike Stoneman #2)” as Want to Read:
Deadly Enterprise (Mike Stoneman #2)

Deadly Enterprise

(Mike Stoneman #2)

WHO IS THE DEAD GIRL THEY FISHED OUT OF THE EAST RIVER?

Is she just a drug-addicted hooker?

Medical examiner Michelle McNeill thinks it’s a murder, and NYPD Homicide detective Mike Stoneman agrees. When Mike and his partner, Jason Dickson, start to dig into the case, they run into unexpected obstacles that point in a disturbing direction.

In order to uncover the truth, Mike a
Published December 2nd 2019 by Kindle Direct Publishing (first published November 14th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Enterprise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Enterprise

Start your review of Deadly Enterprise (Mike Stoneman #2)
The Cats’ Mother
Deadly Enterprise is the second book in the Mike Stoneman thriller series, about a pair of New York Police Department Detectives. I read the first, Righteous Assassin, earlier this year, and enjoyed it, but you could easily read this one as a stand-alone, as there is enough of a recap of previous events from the first book - but you would then be spoiled for the outcome of that story if you decided to go back to it.
I actually liked this one even better than the first as the characters have matur
Sheena Fleming
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Suspenseful thriller- An enjoyable crime thriller that keeps those pages turning. Outstanding with an intriguing story and a compelling plot. I would highly recommend.
InD'tale Magazine
This book is balanced and delightful to read. Readers of mysteries, thrillers, and adventure will want to give this book a read!

Read full review in the 2020 May issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Anna Willett
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A jogger finds a young woman’s body floating in the East River and at first glance, the woman’s death appears to be drowning after a heroin overdose. But everything isn’t as it seems and the ME, Michelle McNiell, has her suspicions. Suspicions that are enough for Mike Stoneman, still undergoing physio from a stab wound, to get involved in the case.
Not willing to relegate the young woman’s death to misadventure by a druggie, Mike, his usual partner Detective Jason Dickson and Michelle take on th
Carianne Carleo-Evangelist
NYPD follows the open cases of a racially-charged murder uptown and a floater in the East River. The former was interesting given the events of George Floyd during the week I read this. This book follows some weeks after the events of the first, and Stoneman is in PT for the injuries sustained there.

Besides Mike Stoneman and Jason Dickson, who we met in Righteous Assassin, we meet Ray and Darren, Jason's interim partner while Mike is on medical leave and Mike's former partner who was injured in
Betty Z
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A very good detective novel

Mr. Chapmans second Mike Stoneman novel I think was even better than the first. It kept me glued to the story from page one till the very last page. Loved it!
Denise
Jun 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Really great book and storyline. Won this Kindle book thru Goodreads so I never read the first book in the series. If the other books are as good as this one, then I need to read them.
Hannah Boyd Ferdinand
Jul 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Mike’s character and wow - the ending?! Did not see that coming. Super thrilling and definitely had my heart pumping overtime.
Tracy
Oct 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-giveaways
(Won this book on GoodReads). Fast paced who done it. It has all the angles, corruption, thrills, disappointment, and a woman who is bound determined to prove her sister was murdered when all arrows point to and overdose. The characters were likeable and relatable. A good sold read and easy to follow.
Liz
Sep 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a fast-paced, action packed crime story that is certainly worth reading. Although I really hate to read about corrupt cops, I do think that a few exist and those stories seem to have especial intrigue and excitement. Mike makes a great detective and Jason matches well as his partner ... I even liked Sully. I hope to see them again soon.
I won a copy of this book in a Goodreads giveaway for this honest review.

Cindy
Oct 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Excellent murder mystery, keeps reader with bated breath. Engagingly narrated by the author.
Cynthia Austin
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another strong opener in the Mike Stoneman series. Chapman did it again with this hook, line and sinker!

A young woman ends up in the East river with a needle mark in her arm. On the other side of town, a bodega owner is stabbed to death while locking up his shop.

Are these deaths linked?

Detective Mike Stoneman thinks they are, and his team sets off to find answers.

I really enjoyed book one and I will admit, a book that strong is hard to follow. But Chapman did a great job keeping the pace quick
Ben
Apr 22, 2020 rated it liked it
I won a copy of “Deadly Enterprise” through a Goodreads giveaway.
Plot summaries are available in reviews here on Goodreads and on Amazon, so I will not write one here, but simply leave my impressions of the police novel.
A great part of the early chapters are used to set up the plot line of the Investigation into The mysterious death of a young prostitute found floating in the river. Mysterious because the medical examiner found only one needle mark on her body and a few bruises. Mysterious als
Tonja Drecker
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It's been awhile since I've picked up a crime mystery/thriller, and this one dances right through the traditional setting of police, detectives, crime rings and all of those enticing sort of things. In other words, it was a real treat to sink into this type of tale again. And I haven't read the first book in this series, but that didn't cause any issues when I grabbed up this one.

After taking down a well-known killer, Mike Stoneman is on leave as he tries to recover from the injuries the case le
Madeleine Holly-Rosing
Aug 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In this second installment of the Mike Stoneman series, Mike is in rehab for his shoulder after his near fatal encounter with the serial killer, Ronald Randall, when a dead female drug-addict is pulled out of the river. Everyone assumes it's just another overdose victim until Mike's medical examiner girlfriend, Michelle, notices inconsistencies. She wants him to pursue the case, but the high-profile and politically sensitive killing of a local bodega owner in Brooklyn takes precedence. That is u ...more
Gary
Feb 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Mike Stoneman is a true hero, fighting through his injury and rehab to make sure that justice is done. Michelle McNeill, the medical examiner and girlfriend of Mike, sees a crime where police bosses want to ignore the facts. She encourages Mike to pursue the case even when he is told to stand down. The book reveals much about the crime that Mike doesn't know and keeps the reader glued to the plot, waiting for Mike's detective skills to uncover what happened and what is continuing to happen in th ...more
Linda Thompson
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Detectives Mike Stoneman and his partner Jason Dickson just could not quit investigating a presumed suicide that Medical Examiner Michelle McNeill thinks is suspicious. That’s just the tip of the iceberg of all the action in Deadly Enterprise. Following Chapman’s first book, Righteous Assassin, in the timeline and characters, the author did not lose one bit of momentum. Action-packed, with exceptionally interesting and well-thought-out characters, make this second in the Mike Stoneman Thriller s ...more
Nicole Dunton
Apr 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
A girl is found dead in the river. Her death is considered an overdose and nobody wanted to spend longer on the case than absolutely necessary. To them, it was an open and shut case. The only one who took notice of her death was the medical examiner. She insists that somebody do something to investigate the case. She feels that the girl was murdered. Nobody really takes her too seriously until another body is discovered with the same consistencies as the first.
I actually really did enjoy this b
Justin Alcala
Jul 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There’s two types of mysteries, the cozy neighborhood “who done it” and the hard boiled, gritty, boots-to-the-street kind. I love the latter, which “Deadly Enterprise” DEFINITELY is. We follow the good guys, Examiner Michelle McNeil as she gives a lead to Detective (love interest) Mike Stoneman. Wit and intuition tells Michelle that a possible accidental death isn’t exactly what it seems, and only Mike is willing to look into it. The only catch, he’s also juggling a high profile murder case with ...more
ElizrdbthSpeaks
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
i have not read book #1 ... but i won this read through a Goodreads giveaway .... look at that cover. awesome!! that is a double taker cover for sure!! thriller series. totally new to this author, love his writing style, great characters. had me curious ...not my go to genre ...but i enjoy it and i will continue to check it every once in a while ... i wanna check out book #1 soon. check it out!!
Benjamin  Thomas
Apr 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Excellent story that draws you in from the first page. You can get a good feel of being enveloped in a policeman’s life. Usually authors who narrate their own work aren’t very good, but I thought Chapman did a good job. Good enough to keep me turning the pages and be drawn into the story. Solid police procedural.
Brianna
Chapman did an awesome job an capturing my attention right from the beginning and pulling me in. He made me feel like I was apart of the team/squad by giving us a feel for the life of a policeman. I extremely enjoyed that he narrated his own work. I’ve listened to other author’s who’ve narrated their own work and I haven’t found to many that I’ve really enjoyed. Chapman did an excellent job!
Donna Shuell
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Do you like crime thrillers? Then this is for you. This is Kevin’s follow up to Deadly Enterprise. He continues with the main characters: Mike and Jason and adds some new ones. The locale is NYC and the book is action packed. Read SOON!
Andrea Roche
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another thriller from Mr. Chapman! Mike Stoneman is my favorite NYPD detective and I enjoyed the first thriller 'Righteous Assassin" so much I dove into this one with glee. While Stoneman flexes his hurt shoulder, I got very into the story of how a rash of young women ends up dead on their very first hit of intravenous heroin. I, like Dr. McNeill, Stoneman's love interest knew there was some connection here, as she urges him to keep digging.
Stoneman, in true Kojak fashion, unearths more than me
Corey C
Apr 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fast paced with a interesting storyline!
Csimplot Simplot
Apr 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book!!!
Garrett Lee
Nov 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
A good detective story

Mike is going thru physics rehab and trying to get back to work full time while trying to solve the murder of a young woman
Bruce Perrin
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes you have to ask for forgiveness

When a twenty-year-old woman with a record for drugs and solicitation is found floating in the East River, everyone is ready to attribute her death to an accidental overdose. Everyone, that is, except Medical Examiner Michelle McNeill. She conveys her suspicions to her romantic interest, Detective Mike Stoneman. Since he’s rehabbing from injuries sustained in his last case and is not on active duty, Stoneman launches an investigation that’s part official,
Vickie Fisher
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kevin Chapman has out done himself with this second book in the Mike Stoneman series. It is an edge of your seat thriller, with plenty of twist and turns. When the sister of the dead girl throws herself into the midst of danger, the suspense elevated to near heart stopping moments. Kevin Chapman kept the action flowing, with characters you are truly invested in, and a story so realistic it didn’t seem like you were reading a book. Deadly Enterprise is the second and in my opinion the best in the ...more
Laurel Heidtman
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The second Mike Stoneman thriller is even better than the first. Mike is on leave recovering from the shoulder injury he sustained in the first book. A young woman is found dead in the East River, and the cause of death is drowning aided by the heroin found in her system. Michelle McNeill, Mike’s significant other and the ME, finds the death suspicious since the girl only has one needle mark and no signs of being a heroin addict. Jason, Mike’s partner, is also bothered by those findings, and he ...more

• Skin in the Game (A Cain/Harper Thriller, #1)
  • NEST: Retribution: An Alivia Morgan Story
  • Nine Elms (Kate Marshall, #1)
  • Murder on the Moor (DI Skelgill Investigates #15)
  • Wrong Place (D.I Sally Parker, #1)
  • Mr. Nobody
  • Who She Was (Sylvia Wilcox Mysteries, #1)
  • Deadly Stillwater (McRyan Mystery, #2)
  • The Would-Be President: An American Farce
  • Silk Road (Code Raven #6)
  • Break (Cutter Grogan Thrillers #1)
  • Boston Homicide (The City Murders #1)
  • A Stranger on the Beach
  • The Fallout
  • Innocence Taken (Damien Kaine #1)
  • Adamant (Hank Rawlings - On The Hunt Series Book 1)
  • The Dark Web Murders (Inspector Sheehan Mysteries #4)
  • Break My Bones
My current series of crime thrillers -- the Mike Stoneman series -- has garnered wonderful reviews and critical acclaim. Book #3, Lethal Voyage, was published Nov. 22, 2020. It's already on the long-list for the 2020 Chanticleer Book Review CLUE award.

Book #1 -- "Righteous Assassin" was named one of the top 20 Mystery/Thrillers of 2019 by the Kindle Book Review and was a semi-finalist for the Chan

Mike Stoneman (2 books)
  • Righteous Assassin (Mike Stoneman #1)