Start by marking “An Angel for Daddy” as Want to Read:
An Angel for Daddy

An Angel for Daddy

Ruby Hayes is intelligent, beautiful, great at her job and loves her students. She's not too fond of me because despite moving to this small coastal California town only a month ago, I've managed to get on her bad side by consistently arriving late to pick up my daughter, Nina. It's probably for the best. Between my job and adjusting to raising a little girl by myself, add ...more
Published October 1st 2019

To ask other readers questions about An Angel for Daddy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Angel for Daddy

Start your review of An Angel for Daddy
ReadToBreathe
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

"It wasn’t the carefully staged and prepped photos and videos you treasure the most when you lose someone special. It’s the random and candid moments that showed you who the people you loved really were. That’s the way you remember them."

My heart hurts so bad, that scene in the epilogue made me cry. What a lovely book
Mara
Oct 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: subscription
A cute, quick read that did the "kid matchmaking for widowed dad" trope much better than many contemporaries do- I just love Lucy Eden!
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Who needs a dating app when five-year-old Nina Jones is the perfect matchmaker?

I thought it a sweet gesture that at such a young age, Nina has the foresight to look out for her father. I admired Nina for her being mature enough to understand her deceased mother’s request.

Nina and Ruby both share being daddy’s little girl in common. Ruby has to stay late with Nina because Nina’s father is constantly late picking up her up. Securities analyst Spencer Jones recently lost his wife, and decided to ge
Rebel Carter
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, first things first, can we just sit and enjoy this joyful sweet cover? Seriously, just looking at this couple makes my heart so happy, because hell yea for love.

Lucy Eden’s novelette An Angel for Daddy had me one-clicking faster than I could blink because do not threaten me with Daddy in a title and think I won’t jump.

And lemme tell you what, the Daddy in this story did not disappoint. Spencer Jones is a single father, a widower who lost his wife, Sarai to cancer. Together the couple made
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Spencer had his hands full raising his daughter and was late a lot to pick her up. Ruby is her teacher who had the pleasure of staying on hand to look after her. Ruby found out that she and Nina had a lot of shared experiences that endeared her father to Ruby. When an incident at his job put him in danger, it had the two of them realizing their true feelings for each other. Will their shared experiences bring them closer together allowing Spencer to have a second chance for love? This touching s ...more
Barbara
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a short quick story to read, it is well written and kept me turning pages. I enjoyed the playlist at the end of the book. This is teacher Ruby Hayes, Spencer Jones, his daughter Nina, and her Dad's story, I found myself needing a Kleenex as I read. The one wish Sarai, Spencer's deceased wife wanted for her family was this "I'm going to start looking for an angel to take care of you and Daddy for me." I enjoyed this story. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntar ...more
Angel Graham
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While I liked Spencer and Ruby, the Main Characters...it's Nina, Spencer's little girl that stole my heart.

The author did a great job of allowing Spencer to both grieve the loss of his wife two years earlier, and allowing him to fall in love...

This was a quick read, with so much heart. A sweet story told with some extra spicyness ...

Don't blame me if a tear or two slides down your cheek as you read...
JLH
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ruby a teacher has fallen in love with a 5 year old little girl and her always late Dad. Attraction is there and resistant is needed because of the parent teacher policy. But Nina, our little 5 year old has other plans along with fate. Great characters, nice way to end with an HEA year jerker. Short read with details.

Sheila Moss
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a beautiful little story. It is so well written and took me through all the range of emotions and yes I did cry at the end. Spencer, Ruby and Nina made a wonderful little family. This was my first book by this author and it definitely won't be my last. Loved it.

Ingrid Vermeulen-Quakernaat
A moving story about a man (and his daughter) who find love again after his wife has died. Nina's teacher is the angel her mother sent her to look after her and her father. A wonderfully sweet romance that also brings a tear to your eyes in the epilogue

Janielle
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful Story

What a delightful story! Ruby and Spencer were so cute together. Glad they stopped beating around the bush and went for it. I have to say I wasn't expecting such passion, but their love scenes were hot!!! Nina was adorable and Ruby's father Jack, what a great story he had! This was a beautiful story! Definitely 5 stars!
Kristi
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A story that's fun and enjoyable to read. Great characters that are fun to get to know, romance and love that's touching and believable. Spencer is raising his daughter alone and Ruby is her teacher but there is definite chemistry between Spencer and Ruby. Will they get a chance at a happily ever after?

Jeanne Richardson
This is the 2nd book I've read written by Lucy Eden; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Elvira
I had lots of fun reading this story. The characters are well developed and engaging and plenty of chemistry from beginning to the end. Storyline flowed smoothly.

Sassha Reads❤️❤️
Jul 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
So Sweet

Spencer had a lot on his plate being a single parent to Nina and failing miserably at picking her up from her school on time. Ruby was trying hard to not to catch feelings for Spencer because he was her favorite student's dad but they were both attracted to each other. Things happened beyond their control and it made them face the feelings that they had for each other. Ruby fell in love with Spencer and Nina and they both fell in love with her as well.
Renae
Cute and sweet, but like many novellas: not enough content. Would have loved the story to be fully realized, and for there to have been a very slight amount of conflict. But overall, An Angel for Daddy is a perfectly nice and fluffy read.
LeNita V.
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very cute!
Pat
Sep 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lucy Eden is consistently amazing.
This story is a sweet portrayal love found. I didn't expect to cry at the end.
Dahyana
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Super cute
Janine Caroline
Jun 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I devoured this beautiful, hot and touching novella. Ruby and Spencer had undeniable chemistry and Nina was just adorable. I loved it.
Kee
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Spencer Jones, still mourning the loss of his wife, is trying to be a better dad to Nina. His decision to move away from Chicago was so he could take a job that allowed him to spend more time with his only child. Unfortunately, he is chronically late picking Nina up from school. Fortunately it allows him to interact with Ms. Ruby, his daughter's teacher. Nina is okay with this since she gets to spend time with Ms. Ruby until her dad comes to pick her up.

Ruby enjoys Nina's company but wants Mr. J
Bigedsgirl1
Oct 19, 2020

• Oops! (Oops!, #1)
  • Me + Somebody's Son: A Heights Story
  • A Cowboy to Remember (Cowboys of California #1)
  • The Law of Attraction (The Montgomery Girls Book 2)
  • I Think I Might Love You (Love Sisters, #1)
  • Forever My Lady (Lunch Break #5)
  • After the Kiss
  • Let Me Show You (McClain Brothers #3)
  • Bless Your Heart (Preto Village, #1)
  • Let Me Free You (McClain Brothers #4)
  • My Soul's Reflection: A Mason Family Novella
  • Meet Cute Club (Sweet Rose #1)
  • Tonight, We Love
  • Love Me, Yours Truly
  • Low Key Fallin' For A Savage 3: An African American Women's Fiction: Finale
  • Close Contact (Clarke Brothers, #3)
  • After Hours Redemption (404 Sound #1)
  • Capturing Her Heart
Lucy Eden is the nom de plume of an romance obsessed author who writes the kind of romance she loves to read. She’s a sucker for alphas with a soft gooey center, over the top romantic gestures, strong & smart MCs, humor, love at first sight (or pretty damn close), happily ever afters & of course, steamy love scenes.

When Lucy isn’t writing, she’s busy reading—or listening to—every book she can get