Start by marking “Chasing Neptune's Cat” as Want to Read:
Chasing Neptune's Cat

Chasing Neptune's Cat

Nadia and her cat Orains pilot the Lilly Princess around the world in search of sunken magical treasures. They've got a lead on the wreck of the Astrea, sunk decades earlier in the Pacific. A storm conjured by the Samurai, a group of mages with designs of their own on the wreck's cargo, pushes them off course. What could have scuttled the entire mission turns felicitous wh ...more
Published September 18th 2019 by Charmed Chicken Media

To ask other readers questions about Chasing Neptune's Cat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing Neptune's Cat

Start your review of Chasing Neptune's Cat
Gigi Sedlmayer
May 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
A magical Cat and her owner seeking Neptune's treasure.
Fast-paced, fun story for everyone.
Mystee Pulcine
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An adorable fantasy story told from a cat's perspective. ...more
Molly
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Anyone who has ever been owned by a cat must know that world domination is always part of their plan.

What pieces of that plan to put into place, or which worlds to conquer- more difficult questions. Unless they simply declare victory and claim you, your couch, sweater or whatever as spoils... simple again.

Orains the cat and Nadia, his magic worker/ companion are in search of treasure buried in the sea. They are a team and retrieve items that might aid the musimagicum with their efforts towards
Mererid Evanna
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my first introduction to the Musimagium universe, which looks like being fairly complex. This story, though, concentrates on two characters, partners in a diving-for-magical-artifacts venture. Orains, the narrator, has a very strong cat personality, with a healthy appetite and an attraction to gold. His human companion Nadia is tough, talented and principled. The mysterious events at the bottom of the sea are very vividly described.

This may be a prequel to a series featuring these charac
A_MOTUS
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really nice novella about a cat, a treasure huntress and their boat. It was a very short read (I admit I did not expect that when I started reading), but it was also an escape to a wonderful adventure. And maybe the begining to more magic at sea.
The size of the story still alowed us to get a glimpse of the characters and get atteched to their adorable bound. Well maybe it was this easy because I have lived with cats and know a bit about what's behind their habits. I just regret we did not get mo
MIPat
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Chasing Neptune's Cat is the first work that I have read by Mary Kit Caelsto and it is terrific! Although I am not familiar with the fictional world this story is set in, that did not prevent me from enjoying this story. I am owned by four cats so Orains, our cat hero is perfectly chosen for the role of socius to Nadia, the huntress of magical treasure. Their adventures on the high seas are very entertaining and I will be seeking out more books by Ms. Caelsto.

I received a free copy of this book
Betty Reynolds
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nadia and Orains, her cat, search for sunken treasure. They must avoid magic opposition from mages who want the treasure for themselves. What does a cat consider treasure? The collars that belonged to Neptune's Cat, of course!

Heather W
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it...

Chasing Neptune's Cat: A Musimagium Story is a fun and engaging read that captured my interest from start to finish. This short story is told by the cat's point of view, with magic, mystery, suspense, danger, drama, and the treasure of Neptune's cat.

I am looking forward to reading more books in this series.
Barbara
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Now that was different but a very good story that held my interest from the start. Nadia and her cat Orains, live on the Lilly Princess and search for treasure. There is suspense, drama, danger, mystery, and Neptune's cat, I hope there will be more to follow this book. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review. ...more
Lisa Mcnew
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book that I have read by this author and based on it I would definetly like to check out her others works. My only complaint is that the story is so short. The book offers Neptune Cat as well as the first chapter of a few of her other novels in the same universe. Enjoy!

Diane Rapp
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A magical cat is willing to help his mistress

A fascinating short story and introduction to the series. Didn't know that cats could scuba dive, but this cat has extraordinary powers. The magic of Neptune Cat is worth exploring.
Erin
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nothing like a cute book with a cat written from a cat's point of view. Orain is not just any cat, but a special magical cat and with his companion Nadia there's nothing they can't accomplish.
Sara
Mar 27, 2021
Suhana
added it
Apr 01, 2021

• Ruled by Shadows (Light and Darkness #1)
  • Stay (Touch of Desire, #1)
  • Crimson Spring (The Kingsmen Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Winter's Knight (L'Ange #3.5)
  • Mystery at The Hall: A British Mystery (The Devonshire Mysteries Book 3)
  • Brides of Lazarus County Book Five: A Lesson for the Schoolmaster
  • Terra Nova (The Terra Nova Chronicles, #1)
  • Reflections (A Rift In The Veil, #1.5)
  • Case of the Shady Shamrock
  • The Cat's Paw: A Novelette in the world of The Crafter Chronicles
  • War-Bringer (Twinborn Trilogy, #0.5)
  • What's in Your Box? (Djinn, #1)
  • Spells, Salt, & Steel (Spells, Salt, & Steel #1)
  • Painting Ghosts
  • Olympia Investigations: The First Four Cases
  • A King's Bargain (Legend of Tal #1)
  • Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus Cat Magic (The Lily Singer Adventures, #4.5)
  • Dark Pursuits: A Jonathan Harker Thriller Omnibus
Mary Kit Caelsto never grew out of the phase of being a "horse crazy girl". Though she's now over 40, she's finally fulfilling her dream of writing equestrian books for others who haven't grown out of being "horse crazy". She lives in the Ozarks with her four very spoiled and very opinionated horses, as well as a large flock of poultry and enough cats to qualify her as a crazy cat lady. Her husban ...more

News & Interviews