Start by marking “Shadow Knights (Knights of the Realm, #2)” as Want to Read:
Shadow Knights (Knights of the Realm, #2)

Shadow Knights

(Knights of the Realm #2)

As a member of the Knights of the Realm, Reid swore an oath to protect her king only to discover he harbors a traitorous agenda.

Being a woman raised in a man’s world, Reid thought becoming a Knight would give her purpose and strength. So far, it has done nothing but give her trouble. The king ordered her to spy on the Axian royal family while she prepares for her marriage—
Kindle Edition
Published December 10th 2019 by Reign Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Shadow Knights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadow Knights

Start your review of Shadow Knights (Knights of the Realm, #2)
NAT.orious reads ☾
This book is for you if… a book series with a medieval setting, a serious amount of sass and the angst™ might be your thang.

Overall.
It satisfies me greatly when an author unknown to me continues a series with the same quality with which she introduced it in the beginning. Thus, right after I read Realm of Knights , I vowed to stick to Jennifer for a couple of other books as well but - as is often the case - never got around to doing that. I'm starting to suspect I'm missing out on stuf
Cindy ✩☽♔
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I knew I’d fall in love with Dexter and Reid.

I continue to adore Ackley, and of course I can’t wait until they kill the King.

Pros:
- Dexter and Reid slowly warming up to each other
- Ackley messing with Dexter whenever possible
- Colbert being a solid friend to Reid, despite his brother's initial mistrust of her.

Cons:
- A stubborn Prince (he's basically a king honestly) who foolishly keeps wanting to believe the best in his illegitimate son despite all evidence proving he is a bad seed

*more d
Yawny ☾
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned, signed
Actual footage of me receiving SK in the mail:

(Full Review/Rating Coming Soon!)
Melissasfandomworld
Feb 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books
3,75 stars > because I think 3,5 is not exactly enough and 4 is still a Liiiitle bit too much.

Finished this book waaaay sooner than expected; it was super fast paced! Enjoyed it from beginning till end, but also have to say though that I still feel like on some regards not everything is as extendedly written down as I would’ve liked, as was the case with the first book as well.

In general, I love the entire set of characters and the (platonic) relationships Reid has with some of them. I think th
Amanda Deur
May 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh Jennifer Anne Davis, you make my heart sing. It's been a really long while since I last said that about books or authors but this little gem made me feel so happy inside I could've burst into a thousand tiny little flowers. I even stayed up late to finish this book and I very seldom do that.

Plot:

Being a woman raised in a man’s world, Reid thought becoming a Knight w
Dinda
Sep 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: enemy-to-lover
SURPRISED is what i am by this book!!

Honestly this book is faaaar better I than the first one. Kinda remind me of the folks of the air series. The first book was Devastatingly long and hard to finnish, but once you get to second book, OKURR that’s where all the hype about to start.

The writing style I have to say is quite similar to the first installment, well duh it’s written by the exact same person. But honestly i didn’t really mind or bothered. Id say if you just finished the first book and
Willow Anne
Feb 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Um, yes! This book was so good!! It was even better than the first one. I've liked Dexter ever since we first met him, so I loved his part in this book. My only issue is that Ackley seemed like a totally different person, but it's not that big a deal, since I still liked him. He provided some nice comic relief, but just with a completely new personality. The story was so fun and adventure packed and I can't wait to see what happens in the next book. Anyways, I don't really know what else to say ...more
Fazila
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
DISCLAIMER : I received this ARC from Reign Publishing in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Reign publishing and Jennifer Anne Davis for the ARC. This is the second book in the series of Knights of the Realm. This book continues from where we left off in the first book. We get to see Reid joining Dexter and then continuing their journey to the palace at Axian. One she arrives at Axian she realizes the fact that there are more things she doesn't know about Axian, the prince and the command ...more
Dee/ bookworm
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fav2020
This author is one of my favorites, and this book doesn't disappoint! I loved how people were at odds and then a glimmer of hope... How Reid's character is good, and she battles following orders as opposed following her conscious.

Really great second book, usually I dread the second in a series or am not sure about how I feel about the direction, etc. until the third book is read. This one is great in and of itself!
Michelle
Omg! Jennifer Anne Davis will forever be one of my favorite authors. She’s writes the most addictive fantasies. I loved this book every bit as much as I loved the first book. I am dying to get my hands on the next book!
Full review:

Note: This is book 2 in a series that must be read in order. If you are new to the series, you can check out my review of book one, Realm of Knights HERE

Shadow Knights is a young adult fantasy book and is the second book of the Knights of the Realm series by author
Kristy Mills
This series gets better with every book.

I love the connections and relationships that Reid develops in this book. People I didn’t like at the beginning became people I liked and people I liked became people I loved. This series is such a pleasant surprise.

In this book Reid goes back the the Prince’s family she was caught stealing from to marry his son, Prince Dexter. I loved seeing Dexter warm up to Reid. When he decided to trust her, his character blossomed. I really enjoyed it when Attlee sh
Kudakwashe Simbi
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was ok
My problem is the author writes everything black and white; things are good or things are bad. Also Reid is stupid completely and utterly and she really really thinks she’s special.

If I had to sum up this book maybe even this series in one line it’d be “it was because she had been raised as a man”

Why that phrase? Because that’s her excuse for everything. She doesn’t know how to flirt “it was because she was raised as a man.” If she drops a spoon “it was because she was raised as a man.” Y’all w
Shannon Heck
Okay

Interesting read and I will read the rest book. However, the writing is a bit juvenile and the characters and their actions are a bit simplistic. A fun easy read but just okay writing.
P.J.
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect for keeping you up late at night!

As always, Jennifer Anne Davis kept me hanging on until the last page. I care about these characters and cannot wait to see what happens next. I will definitely read the next book in the series!
V
still not very impressed with this series
hollie
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WELL, am I alright?? I can’t believe I am rating a second book in a series FIVE stars when I only gave the first book four.
Am I okay after reading this book? No. Am I mad about it? No.

I actually loved this so much. Reid was such a powerful character in this book and I really grew to understand her motivations and decisions. She was fiery and passionate but also reserved and knew when to say nothing. I felt like she came across so much more relatable in this book.

New characters!! Hello Dexter my
Mary Ann
Oct 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
#Her natural reaction was to punch him in the face. However, she couldn’t behave in such a manner when surrounded by Axian’s esteemed guests.#

So sadly Ackley is newer going to be the love interest. I like him him way better, but it seems me and the mc doesn't have taste.

Besides that, I still highly enjoy that it's hard to tell who to trust. I can't wait to see how it all ends.
Leah Alvord
First of all: I love this cover. So much. So pretty.

Now that that's out there, let's move into the review.

The best things about Jennifer Anne Davis books is that they have a large enough cast for variety and entertainment, but not enough to overwhelm the reader. They also all have excellent pacing that keeps the story moving, but also slides in important details.

'Shadow Knights' is no different.

Moving from the Northern Marsden royal family, Reid has to take on the Axian royal family in far more
Read Stories
Nov 23, 2020 rated it liked it
This is better than 1st book (far fewer plot/logical issues) but every type of obstacle is thrown at the main girl character and she handles it with ease (her internal "struggles" are just surface level) and lack of character dvpt (what's there is quite shallow). Too many predictable plot twists and she's a Mary Sue where she has many perfect traits so that most readers will like her (not me, unfortunately).

I did not like how the first book's male love interest (Gordon) was purposely changed to
Yolanda
Nov 25, 2020 rated it it was ok
*I read the arc of the first book in the series through NetGalley then saw the final books in these series are on Kindle Unlimited so I decided to finish the series. The first book didn’t was flat – but I did like the girl growing up as a boy, Mulan thing going on. So I wanted to see what happened. Reid is now living as a full on girl, but trying to adjust to it.

*I do like Prince Dexter and his brother. They seem to have a close bond and are very different from each other.

*The political intrigue
Mrsbooks
Feb 15, 2021 rated it liked it
Read: February 2021 Rated 3.5 Stars

This is normally the type of series that is right up my alley. This one fell short for me though. I think it's because I didn't feel any substance from the characters. Reid, our Heroine was raised as a boy and when the truth is out that she is a girl, gets treated differently. She hates it. She feels the lack of respect for her decisions and capabilities. Yet she doesn't voice her feelings. Or if she does it's extremely brief and then she ignores the issue.

All
Hollie
Mar 27, 2020 rated it liked it
I'm just going to rate this trilogy all together because simply put there was nothing impressive about any of the books. I have read other series by this author and enjoyed them but this one was not for me. It had a very immature feel to it in each of the 3 books. Our lead female acts like shes 12 years old. She continually blushes and gets embarrassed anytime sex is so much as mentioned. So here is my breakdown of the 3 books:

Book 1 was free at least when I got it, Id rate this one a 3 star.
Boo
Sandra
Jun 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
She did it again. I actually enjoyed this sequel a lot. Reid has grown from the passive yet competent protagonist from the first book. The supporting characters were more dimensionalized and fleshed out. I even found myself cheering for the love story. The twist at the very end surprised me, even if I found some of the other plot points predictable.

My only complaint is that Reid continues to be slightly naive in her dealings with men, especially since EVERYONE seems to be attracted to her. Golly
Casey
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a great book! I loved the first one, and this one was just as great. Full of action and even a tiny bit of romance I read this one in 2 days. It ended on another cliffhanger and I'm dying to get my hands on the 3rd book to find out what happens! I have become a big fan of Dexter in this book, and am hoping things with him and Reid work out. I was a diehard Gordon fan, and still am, but I am happy to see someone a little more plausible as Reid's love interest. The characters in this book ...more
Fareeha
Easily another unputdowable book after the fantastic book 1. I literally devoured it - and have started book 3 already !

And this book does not disappoint!

Reid and her character development, awesome!
The new setting and environment, so good !
The plot, twists and interest level, so so well done.
The friendships and relationships, awww !
Ackley, still fantastic !

The king’s alliance might come as a surprise (and a coincidental convenience) especially since the map mentions nothing of the neighboring
Sandy
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, own, 2019
I was so excited when I read the end of Realm of Knights and saw that we were moving from a forbidden romance to a hate-to-love possibility. I couldn't quite put my finger on my issue with Gordon, but I was immediately excited about the possibility of Dexter.

Reid was excited about moving to Axian because of their views on women's equality. So different from Marsden where she had to be raised as a boy. She's happy to be able to live as she feels. But that's not what she arrives to find waiting fo
Nicole
Aug 05, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not quite as good as the first book, but still good

Without revealing any plot twists, I’ll just say that when all the main characters come together about halfway in, I had a hard time suspending my disbelief. There’s been all this secrecy, and then everything is revealed and everyone just goes along with it?! There were also a few more grammar and word errors than the first book, which leads me to think this one was a little more rushed than the last. But I’m still invested in the characters and
Rachel Rae
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book much more than the first! I liked the characters well enough in the first book, but I like the characters a lot better in this second book. Reid's development was great, and I loved the relationships formed between Reid - from her and Gytha to Dexter and Colbert, etc.

I have to say I'm REALLY glad that this didn't end of a scary/maddening cliffhanger. There was a cliffhanger, that's for sure! But it's more of an exciting, anticipatory one! So I can't wait for book three to se
Gail
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Reid becomes more of a pawn to the kingdom in this story. She goes to meet her future husband and finds out many secrets that have been kept from her or she was told something different. What does she believe now? It seems things are not as clear as they should be. I like Reid. I like how she has some good loyal friends- people who are willing to help her find solutions to helping the kingdom, but what is right? A good story- one that kept me turning the pages.
stephanie
Jul 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Killing Fog (The Grave Kingdom, #1)
  • The Missing Sister
  • The House Without A Key
  • The City of Ember (Book of Ember, #1)
  • The Prophet of Yonwood (Book of Ember, #3)
  • Seven Letters
  • The Diamond of Darkhold (Book of Ember, #4)
  • A Curse So Dark and Lonely (Cursebreakers, #1)
  • Sense and Sensibility
  • Jane Eyre
  • The Stories of Edgar Allan Poe
  • One Little Secret
  • Wicked Saints (Something Dark and Holy, #1)
  • Ruthless Gods (Something Dark and Holy, #2)
  • Temples, Tempests & Blood
  • The Simple Wild (Wild, #1)
  • Bears Make the Best Writing Buddies
  • Going Up!
See top shelves…
Jennifer Anne Davis graduated from the University of San Diego with a degree in English and a teaching credential. She is currently a full-time writer. Jennifer is the recipient of the San Diego Book Awards Best Published Young Adult Novel (2013), winner of the Kindle Book Awards (2018), a finalist in the Next Generation Indie Book Awards (2014), and a finalist in the USA Best Book Awards (2014).

V

Knights of the Realm (3 books)
  • Realm of Knights (Knights of the Realm, #1)
  • Hidden Knights (Knights of the Realm, #3)