Start by marking “The Glass Queen (The Forest of Good and Evil #2)” as Want to Read:
The Glass Queen (The Forest of Good and Evil #2)

The Glass Queen

(The Forest of Good and Evil #2)

Dare to enter the Forest of Good and Evil, where strength is weakness and weakness is strength. Don’t miss book two of New York Times bestselling author Gena Showalter’s magical, romantic and fascinating fairy-tale series, in which the fairy tales we know and love are prophecies of the future…

Pitied.

Sickly.

Unfit to rule.

Princess Ashleigh Charmaine is known as the Glass Pri
Published September 29th 2020 by Inkyard Press

To ask other readers questions about The Glass Queen, please sign up.
No Apology Book Reviews The email I got from a publicist called it a trilogy, but fingers crossed that it does super well and we get more!

Start your review of The Glass Queen (The Forest of Good and Evil #2)
Madison Warner Fairbanks
The Glass Queen by Gena Showalter
Book 2 in The Forest of Good and Evil. Best read as part of the series. Mature YA. Enemies to lovers. Retelling of Cinderella. Alternating points of view between the heroine and hero.

Ashleigh and Saxon. Reincarnation or possession? Both? Good or evil?
Dragons, magic, war and conflict.
The heroine is wonderfully strong, often sarcastic, and will do what’s needed to prove her goodness.
An epic adventure.
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
Untitled design-High-Quality
My Review

My goodness this was good I was slightly worried that book two in this series wouldn’t match the previous experience I had but it did and I literally inhaled this I was that invested in the unfolding story.
So we are back in Enchantia and this time it’s the cinder girl or Cinderella as the fairytale focus.
Again this is a loosely based freshly unique retelling that borrows from that story but it’s mostly a symbolic resemblance rather than a tired seen before rehash.

This is incredibly imaginative a
Naomi
Disclaimer: I got an early copy of this book via the author.

This book was EVERYTHING! Dragons. Magic. Fire. Enemies to lovers. YA but make it more mature. Hero with WINGS. Heroine possessed by an evil being. Death tournament. Need I say more? And yes, you will see characters from the first book, they all play a big part in this one as well. Honestly, Gena did it again. This twisted Cinderella retelling was nothing like I was expecting and yet so much more than I thought it would be. I loved eve
Athena of Velaris
"She loved fiercely, with a fire of her own burning in her veins. She was a queen who didn't need a king in order to rule her people - but thankfully she wanted one."

More people need to read these books. They are a ton of fun and the romances are adorable. The Glass Queen is the second book in The Forest of Good and Evil series, and though it would majorly spoil The Evil Queen to read this one first, you could do it and still understand the story. This novel is dual point of view, following tota
Ashley
Star Rating: —> 4.5 Stars

This series just keeps getting better! This was phenomenal.
Annie

THE GLASS QUEEN is the second installment in Gena Showalter’s The Forest of Good and Evil. If you don’t know already, this entire series is based on fairy tales, so I was quite interested to see how this new book would pan out.

As you can expect with this title, it’s all about Cinderella. I feel like this fairy tale is quite popular amongst Young Adult Fantasy readers, so it’s no surprise to see Showalter putting her own twist on things. I enjoyed this book more than the first in the series.
Alex (The Scribe Owl)
Come see this review and more at my blog, The Scribe Owl!

1/5 stars

The Evil Queen:★★★☆☆
The Glass Queen: ★☆☆☆☆

Thanks to Edelweiss for an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own, and anything could be fixed/changed in post.

I just don't think these books are a good fit for me. They're stylistic, I'm just not sure it's my style. I liked the whole retelling part, but the writing fell a little flat. Like I said, it's more of a stylistic choice, and I prefer writing an
Alaina
OMG please tell me there's going to be another book?

The Glass Princess was beyond addicting to read. Just like the first one, I devoured this within hours. There's just something about retellings that sucks me into the book and I never regret it. In this wicked retelling, you will meet Ashleigh and Saxon. At the beginning, I didn't know what I was going to think about this story but I ended up devouring and loving every second.

It all started when the King was acting like a crazy douche and the s
Scholar inArmor
REVIEW OF THIS BOOK:

I like the retelling of fairytales, so this book was a TOOT for me. Saxon & Ashleigh had a good amount of drama between them, but also a lot of romantic and badass moments. Loved seeing their dynamic evolving throughout the book.

The only problem I had with it was confusing family relationships and royal relationships. Honestly, after two books set in the same world, I still can't name the kingdoms and their respective kings or queens.

I was ecstatic to see Everly and Roth pla
Helen
Oct 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay ... I am a sucker for fairytale retellings. Here is one that is reimagined in a totally modern way - intrigue, drama, action and romance. This particular retelling is Cinderella as you never could have imagined. The Glass Queen is the second book in The Forest of Good and Evil series, however, readers can easily pick up and quickly get up to speed. It almost reads as a standalone.

‘I wasn’t just Cinder. I was a mother of dragons, the fated one of Craven, a designer of spectacular weapons, a
Romance Schmomance (Malia)
As soon as I finished The Evil Queen , I was pretty eager to start this one right away. With this being my second read by Gena, I kind of had a sense of her writing style and expected about the same with this one.

The Glass Queen is what I'd say is a new adult fantasy romance with the enemies to lovers trope. This is a Cinderella retelling and one of the things I really enjoy about this series is figuring who is who.

I actually really liked Ashleigh and Saxon, they both go through some c
Cindee
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much best sequel ever I actually loved this book better than the first book by a whole lot. I loved all of the characters so much new and old but the characters I loved most were Ashleigh and Saxon. What I loved about Ashleigh was her spirit and the resilience to be more than that fragile glass princess I also loved how deeply she loves and her determination for things to be how they should of been the last couple lives ago. What I really loved about Saxon was his ability to ...more
Nihal
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was ok
no i will not explain why i picked up a cinderella retelling sequel to a book i haven't read during my century long slump

what in the sarah j mass was this... i was not expecting h word avians and r rated jokes nah it Was entertaining tho i'll give it that and i liked ashleigh despite her naivety and cluelessness
Donna
Dec 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is Young Adult - Fantasy - Retellings. It wasn't quite 4 stars for me, but I rounded up because it was one of my favorite retellings that I've listened to. Some of this sounded so sensible. I was happy to go along with the author's logic in her fairy tale retelling. It was creatively thought out.

At times this seemed a little long, but usually the pace was not a problem. There was plenty going on. Also, the boom-chicka-wow-wow parts were a little gag worthy. They were repetitive and drawn o
Mandy Roth
Sep 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gena Showalter does it again! The dark and twisted journey Gena takes the reader on in The Glass Queen is full of magic, mayhem, and romance that simmers to the point it sizzles. I'll never look at the fairy tale of Cinderella the same again. I cannot wait for more in this series.
Sandy
Oct 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020, arcs
The majority of The Glass Queen takes place shortly after The Evil Queen. The only real exception is the very beginning. There is a scene from Ashleigh's birth and then another from 14 years later when her mom died. And then the rest takes place in the present-day.

Ashleigh plays the role of Cinderella in this retelling. She was born with a weak heart (physically) and her father never wanted her. Only her mother's love saved her, but her mother died when Ashleigh was 14. She meets Prince Saxon at
Luckie
Jan 21, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-fantasy
My obsession with The Forest of Good and Evil series continues.

After enjoying the main character of The Evil Queen so much, I was extremely apprehensive about the change of main character. My experiences with fairy-tale series that switch characters each book have not been positive (I'm looking at you, Lunar Chronicles and Curse so Dark and Lonely), but I was really glad I mustered up the courage to read Glass Queen.

Much like book one, Glass Queen has an over-dramatic soap opera vibe to it, wit
Laura•Sincerely Reads
Thank you to Netgalley and Inkyard Press for the opportunity to review this ARC. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

The Good
• Wilting roses! This was so much more rewarding than book one and I did love book one. Cinderella is one of my favorite fairy tales so I was instantly attached to this.

• Absolutely adored Ashleigh and her ferociousness and fight for life. She had every reason to stop fighting but never did. She was protective and passionate and I love her dearly.

• THE ROMANCE. This w
Amanda
Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was a really good read. You have princess Ashleigh, who was born with a malformed heart, her mother tries to get a witch to imbue her with magic to make her stronger, but it turns out that the "witch" in the dungeons was a phantom instead. So the phantom decides to go into baby Ashleigh. Leonora is the phantom that possesses and haunts princess Ashleigh. It seems as though I can’t go a page or two without seeing Leonora’s name at least two or three times, honestly it gets annoying afte ...more
Alyson Stone
Book: The Glass Queen
Rating: 2 Out of 5 Stars

I would like to thank the publisher, Inkyard Press, for providing me with an ARC.

I just don’t think that this book was for me. It’s nothing that the author did or that there’s anything actually wrong with the book. I just don’t think it’s one for me. I’ve been reading a lot of epic fantasy and this was just a chance for me.

I honestly didn’t care about the characters either. They just weren’t what I was looking for in a book and
Blue
Sep 22, 2020 rated it liked it
Want to see more...
Bookstagram

Website

Thank you Harlequin for this book in exchange for an honest review

The Glass Queen is the sequel to Evil Queen and reminiscing on the Evil Queen it was one of those books that was a building up to something… So when The Glass Queen popped up for review I knew that I had to read it to see where the story went!
The Glass Queen was more enjoyable than the Evil Queen, the sequel contained more sass, humour and you can see the change in the characters while they
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
This is the first book I've read from Gena Showalter and I must say that she is an amazing fantasy author and storyteller.

The Glass Queen was a great twist and re-telling of the Cinderella story and I was captivated by how the author took this well known children's story and turned it into a dark and twisted adult fantasy love story.

I love the whole hate- to - love- you- love-to hate -you dynamic that Princess Ashleigh and King Saxon have, I love that you get that GOT vibe in some parts of the s
Alex
Oct 01, 2020 is currently reading it
Once again Gena brings complete magic. I was already a huge fan of her writing style and books and now I am even more impresses! THIS WAS GREAT! I really really enjoyed this book.
I found the world building easy to follow and very captivating, the character development was on point and man did this books growth over all just rock! I'm so pumped for this book and hope you guy love it too!
Shae
Jan 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
Full thoughts coming soon
Xavia
Apr 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Ive been trying to spread my reading around between series since my physical TBR pile is getting out of hand. After the Evil Queen however I just couldn’t wait and jumped right into the Glass Queen.

I loved this so much. Maybe because I adore Cinderella retellings, maybe because Saxon reminded me of my favorite character in the Black Jewels books - I don’t know. But it felt like a perfect storm of things I love.

Ashleigh is such an intriguing character. I found her malformed heart and her strugg
Shelby
*I received a free copy to read & review for Wicked Reads*
The Glass Queen is the 2nd book in the series The Forest of Good and Evil, and can be read as a stand alone with no issues. This was my first book in the fairy tale retelling series by Gena Showalter, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to grab The Evil Queen (book 1).

I was expecting a paranormally themed Cinderella. I didn't have high expectations as many Cinderalla retellings have been disappointing, but this was an awesome departure from
Paige Green
Disclaimer: I received this e-arc from the publisher for Rockstar Book Tours. Thanks! All opinions are my own.

Book: The Glass Queen

Book Series: The Forest of Good and Evil Book 2

Rating: 3/5

Recommended For…: retelling, fantasy, ya

Publication Date: September 29, 2020

Genre: YA Fantasy Retelling

Recommended Age: 16+ (violence, gore, romance)

Publisher: Inkyard Press

Pages: 324

Synopsis: Ashleigh Anskelisa may be called the Glass Princess due to her weak heart, but Saxon, king of th
Susan Ballard
Sep 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Welcome to the Land of Enchantia!

When Princess Ashleigh Charmaine is born with a weak and fragile heart, her Father King Philipp sends her away. She comes to be known as “The Glass Princess.” Ashleigh is despised by all, even the animal kingdom seems to detest her. Yet an oracle in the land had prophesied that Ashleigh is the one to fulfill the part of Cinderella in The Little Cinder Girl fairy tale. She will save the kingdom of Sevon one day. How can this be?

The Kingdoms are at war, and King Ph
Karla BookAddict2
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Is it easier to forgive or to forget?

Publisher: inkyard Press
Kindle
Rating:5/5

A retelling of Cinderella with a twist.

I really loved the Glass Queen, I had a lot of fun trying to figure out who was who.

Ashleigh is an amazing character, she's a good doer with a backbone of steel. She knows what she wants out of life and is not afraid to fight for it and at the same time she's sweet and caring. She's never had someone to love her other than her mother but she doesn't let her ci
Glorimar Irizarry
Sep 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-reviewed
Reviewed for a Book Nerd, a Bookseller and a Bibliophile.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Gena Showalter Fans: The Glass Queen (The Forest #2) 1 18 Sep 28, 2020 11:30PM

• Darkdawn (The Nevernight Chronicle, #3)
  • Evil Thing (Villains, #7)
  • Shadow of the Fox (Shadow of the Fox, #1)
  • Outmatched
  • Sea Witch (Sea Witch, #1)
  • Someone Else's Secret
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
  • Faked (Ward Sisters, #2)
  • Girl, Serpent, Thorn
  • Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle, #1)
  • The Betrothed (The Betrothed, #1)
  • Healing of the Wolf (The Wild Hunt Legacy, #5)
  • アオハライド 1 (Ao Haru Ride, #1)
  • Return to You (The Montgomery Brothers, #4)
  • Our Bridal Shop (March Sisters #1)
  • The Cowboy’s Forgetful Bride (Brothers of Cooper Ranch, #1)
  • The Other Wife
  • My Kind of Forever (Trillium Bay, #2)
See top shelves…
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author of over seventy books, including the acclaimed Lords of the Underworld series, the Gods of War series, the White Rabbit Chronicles, and the Forest of Good and Evil series. She writes sizzling paranormal romance, heartwarming contemporary romance, and unputdownable young adult novels, and lives in Oklahoma City with her family an ...more

The Forest of Good and Evil (2 books)
  • The Evil Queen (The Forest of Good and Evil, #1)