Start by marking “A Stranger's Affection (Tough Love, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Stranger's Affection (Tough Love, #2)

A Stranger's Affection

(Tough Love #2)

"There is nothing stronger than a broken woman who has rebuilt herself." - Hannah Gadsby

Revenge is a deadly weapon. But it takes a special kind of vengeance to make a woman kill without remorse, to laugh without mirth, to challenge without thought. Kidnapped at seventeen, held captive and then forced into the world of crime, Nishani Scott Callahan defines fearless.
Back wit
Kindle Edition
Published March 31st 2020

To ask other readers questions about A Stranger's Affection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Stranger's Affection

Start your review of A Stranger's Affection (Tough Love, #2)
Mari Small
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this was a wild Ride,
I am definitely giving this book
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This books ticked a lot of boxes, it was filled with Angst, Romance, Drama and Un expected Turns. I was on the edge of my seat half a dozen times.

It was well written, and thought out. The Characters was strong and relatable. I got emotionally involved, exasperated and fell in love with them. The story line was well woven and there wasn't strings left over to wonder about.

I love Charlene Namdhari's books I am always certain of a gre
Lucy Joyeux (Gazikova)
I still don’t know whether to give this book 4 or 5 ⭐️

This book is about a girl named Nishani who’s been kidnapped at the age of 17 and held captive, used and drugged until she escaped. Since escaping she promised herself to get revenge on those who did this to her.

When I started reading this book and I was barely a few pages in I was about to give up, only because of how the book starts. Dark and torturing which I don’t really like. Fortunately the writer wrote the first few pages so well, th
Lynette
Apr 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wealthy-powerful
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Book Length: Novel
POV: Third Person
Hero: Colton Black is a wealthy businessman with criminal ties. He’s 42, has brown hair with graying temples and gray eyes. He’s tall, sexy, muscular and dangerous.
Heroine: Nishani (Nishi) is a survivor. She’s had a traumatic past which has turned her into a deadly killer. She’s 29, of Indian descent, feisty and beautiful with shoulder length black hair and blue eyes.
Heat Level: Medium
Frequency of Sex: Medium
Angst Level: Medium
Standal
SBee Reviews
Apr 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
★ "She grinned. Payback was a bitch and its name: Nishani." ★

—>>> Warning that this story may contain possible triggers for you - please read the whole book description before diving in!

A seventeen-year-old girl’s worst nightmare comes true for Nishani one night, forever changing the course of her life and the innocence of her soul. How she finds herself in the care of Colton Black, a man who fights every instinct he has that nevertheless still pulls him towards her, while she slowly recovers f
Kylee
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by this author and I will be honest I wasn’t convinced at the start if this book was for me. I didn’t feel a connection at the start and found myself struggling to hold tight to the story. However, five chapters in and it all turned around. Colton and Nishani found their place with me and I was captivated by this dark, gritty and at times confronting story. These two have such strong personalities and have the perfect mix of her strength and resilience to his arrogance and ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Charlene Namdhari is a new to me author, and life is so much better now that she's in it. It's a very dark read, and hard to read because of the realistic feel to it. A 17 year old girl named Nishani, who was kidnapped with every bad thing you can think of (except murder obviously) until she escaped, and it made her hard, which I cannot blame her one bit, it was hard for even this dark person. With her freedom, the need for vengeance is overpowering, and she's going with it, which I didn't blame ...more
Amy Sharpe
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was unsure at the beginning, it was hard to read in parts especially the start but I powered through and my god am I glad I did, it was so worth it. What a heartbreaking roller-coaster. Nishani is kidnapped at 17, drugged and raped over and over, after she escapes instead of breaking she vows to get revenge on the people involved. She's such a strong character but has turned cold and somewhat unfeeling, until Colton. He's also dealt with tragedy and is a hard, cold billionaire who straddles th ...more
Georgia Hunter
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a wonderful, emotional roller-coaster read this was. Thank you Charlene Namdhari for gifting me this arc copy.
Dark, raw, gritty, with several plot twists that I loved. The author held nothing held back in this well-written romantic suspense.

Two hard people come together, but one concealing all the brokenness beneath her badassness, after being abducted as a teenager! There's so much I want to say, but don't want to give anything away since the book is not yet released.
Great story! So d
Heather W
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Stranger's Affection is the second book in the Tough Love series and is a dark but compelling romance.

The darkness of this story takes you off guard at the beginning but keeps you turning the pages to see how the author could give Nishani any peace and hope in her life after her traumatic ordeal. The storyline is well written and has kidnapping, assault, abuse, drama, suspense, vengeance, and a chance for love. The characters are well developed and have amazing chemistry together. Is Nishani t
Luisa
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
i really enjoyed this book, a good mix of a dark romance and strong characters, i love a good kick ass female character and arrogant sexy man (with a deep down soft side)
Nishani is a kick ass woman, driven by revenge she makes sure noone will ever hurt her again, after an incident she meets the sexy arrogant Billionaire Colton Black, together they make a strong couple both strong minded and shocked at their attraction to each other
i would like to add a trigger warning to this review, if you h
Sandy Lieberman
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Captured me from page one...
After escaping a kidnapping where Nishani had suffered brutal sexual slavery she reins terror and murder on the ones that brutalized her. But once again, she finds herself taken and viciously beaten. She awakens to find good-looking Colton Black, known as the Black Lord, has rescued her. But also to realize she can't remember everything of her past. This is a dark story with so many twists and turns. The book kept my attention the entire time trying to figure out how
Jill Anna  Freeman
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Stranger's Affection” by Charlene Namdhari is a tale of one Nishani Scott Callahan who was kidnapped at 17....drugged & abused ...until eleven years she later escaped her tormentors ...then on her honeymoon she is brutally assaulted ...and literally running into Billionaire Colton Black...a intensely private man ...a man few would fare to cross ...Yet who loses his heart to this hard-bitten vengeance seeking woman ...whose broken nature calls to his own. Will these two destroy the demons who h ...more
Deb
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story was intriguing. It was a memorable story that starts out with a horrific scene which was hard to read. At the same time, it set the tone for the book and set up the main character’s characteristics. Her strength of conviction and the way she went about dealing with her pain was admirable though somewhat illegal. I wish that anyone in that situation could do the same thing so I was rooting for her. The suspense, violence, intrigue, mystery and steam were woven into the story seamlessly ...more
Sandra
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a great story and it has lots and lots of painful moments and situations.
It's amazing how a human being can undure so much pain, suffering and still continue to live. Finding a purpose and having something to focus is the secret.
I cried through Nishi pain and I fell in love with Colton over and over!
Loved the story and highly recommend it!

Jeanne Richardson
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd book I've read written by Charlene Namdhari; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Barbara
Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
The second book in the Tough Love series a well written story. This is Nishani Scott Callahan who wants revenge and Billionaire Colton Black and Liam her husband's story. There is suspense, drama, danger, betrayal, attempted murder, a man who is not very nice, and two damaged people. I want to read more of this series. This is a new Author to me. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review. ...more
Lisa H
Twice

Bad things have happened to Nishani. First, she was abducted for bad things by the Rajah when she was a teenager. Eleven years, she’s back and again, bad things happen but this time she’s earned some deadly skills. Too bad she lost chunks of her memory.
Enter Colton.

This is a gritty but fast paced read about terrible things that keep happening to Nishani.

Tania
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book, the story was well written and the characters were intriguing. Once I started I could not get enough, from the start till the end I was engrossed I was even on the edge of my seat with twists and turns, lust and passion, strength. Do yourself a favor and buy the book you want be disappointed.
Thank you for allowing me to review your book.

Maxine Brown
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was gifted this book from the Author after enjoying two of her other stories and I think this one was my favourite.
So many elements tying it all together and keeping you in suspense, the violent scenes are very well described it was enough to make you squirm and the lecherous men were truly disgusting while the story of love unfolding and the friendships developed were great.
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book and was honored to have been able to read and review. It was such a phenomenal read and had amazing characters as well as an amazing story line. I just could not get enough of it and once I started reading it I could not put it down. I recommend that you read it.

Brenda Moser
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a well written book with strong characters and an exciting story line. The author brings a dark story and takes you on an emotional journey filled with suspense,anxiety and twists and turns as well as a love with a hot chemistry. I loved the book and would recommend reading.

Sharon
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is my first time reading this author and I loved this book. The author has written a brilliant story that shows the resilience of human nature. There are some trigger warnings in the blurb and I strongly suggest those are taken seriously. I am looking forward to reading more from this author if this is the type of book she produces. It’s a wonderful plot with amazing characters, a shear delight to read.

Theresa Doherty
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Omg this just grabbed me and that was it I was in, fast paced, emotional, everything I wanted, i loved the way Nishani took her life back and became stronger, and how Colton acted around her, two people big issues, this is set to explode.

Elvira
May 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I had a great time and was highly entertaining with each turn of the page. The characters are strong and well developed and engaging. With a storyline that flowed smoothly from beginning to the end. Looking forward to reading more by this author.

Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read filled with everything I love in a book: a little dark and full of angst, some steamy, hot romance and surprising twists. The only reason it took me so long to read this is because of actually working overtime above my full 40 hour work week being I'm essential in this worldwide Pandemic. ...more
Ritu
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love this story about fearless survival!

Nishani and Colton have horrific pasts, and Nishani is rescued by Colton. Colton and Nishani fall in love, in spite of obstacles. Many may try to break your human spirit, the key is to never let them!
Cynthia Kistasamy
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am a big fan of Charlene Namdhari and this book did not disappoint. A real page turner, that I found hard to put down. Enjoyed it thoroughly from from page 1. Sexy, sassy, hot...
Lisa
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Interesting storyline with many twists to keep me on the edge of my seat while reading. Took my emotions on a roller coaster ride. Drama and suspense to keep it exciting. Definitely recommend this book.

Kelly-Jo Sweeney
Apr 22, 2020 rated it it was ok
A Stranger's Affection started with a bang and I thought that I was going to be in for a gripping and confronting read. Although the pace and the brutality of the storyline didn't really let up, ultimately, this book was for me, a disappointment. It's clear from the many glowing reviews, I'm more or less alone in this assessment, so I can only assume that it was just me that the book was a miss.
I struggled with this book on a number of fronts. Firstly, I completely failed to connect with any of
Tammy
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Nishani was kidnapped at the age of 17 and used and abused until she is able to escape and plot her revenge against those who hurt her. When she thinks her life is back to normal she is taken again but escapes and runs into the arms of Colton Black. He finds Nishani badly beaten and unable to remember all of her past. Will Colton let her into is dark and private world? Fast-paced intense read with lots of drama, steam and action. I was hooked on this read from beginning to end. I loved it!

• Wicked Deception: A Dark Romance
  • Entangle
  • Ryan Finds a Bride: A Contemporary Hot Romance
  • Just for a Click
  • In Search Of You: Happily Ever After Sensuous Romance 2
  • Rules of Attraction: A Family Rivalry Romance
  • Taurus Temptation (Written in the Stars #3)
  • The Long Road Home: An Indian Billionaire romance (Sehgal Family & Friends, #5)
  • Love and Longing in Firefly Season ( Sravanapura Series Book 4): An Indian Billionaire Romance (Sravanapura Royals)
  • Wedding Promise
  • Royal Vows
  • Dazzled by Mr Suave
  • The Right Kind of Wrong
  • The Bride's Brother: A Passionate Romance
Born and raised in the coastal city of Durban, South Africa and now living in the City of Gold, Johannesburg, Charlene's days are an energetic mixture of a full time job, a wife and Mom to two beautiful teenagers. She holds a Law Degree and is an avid events manager.
Believing writing is the wings to holistic escapism, she makes the time in her busy schedule giving life to her dreams of bringing to

Tough Love (2 books)
  • Undercover Affection (Tough Love, #1)

News & Interviews

The last five years of world history have been nothing if not...eventful. When living in interesting times, there's nothing better for...