Start by marking “The Empire of Gold (Daevabad Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Empire of Gold (Daevabad Trilogy, #3)

The Empire of Gold

(The Daevabad Trilogy #3)

4.55  ·  Rating details ·  10,132 ratings  ·  1,940 reviews
The final chapter in the Daevabad Trilogy, in which a con-woman and an idealistic djinn prince join forces to save a magical kingdom from a devastating civil war.

Daevabad has fallen.

After a brutal conquest stripped the city of its magic, Nahid leader Banu Manizheh and her resurrected commander, Dara, must try to repair their fraying alliance and stabilize a fractious, warr
Hardcover, US Edition, 766 pages
Published June 30th 2020 by Harper Voyager (first published June 11th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about The Empire of Gold, please sign up.
Fanny Maybe more because of the violence. The sexual content is minimal.
Tina There are some small explanations of previous events as they come up, but it pretty much dives in where Book 2 left off. If you can, reading the last …moreThere are some small explanations of previous events as they come up, but it pretty much dives in where Book 2 left off. If you can, reading the last few chapters of Book 2 could help jog your memory. (less)

·  10,132 ratings  ·  1,940 reviews

Start your review of The Empire of Gold (Daevabad Trilogy, #3)
Regan
Jul 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was literally perfect
Mecca-Amirah Jackson
Super update: 4/16/2020

Just got the ARC! 😂 Time to put the money where my mouth is

Update: 1/14/2020

I still stand by what I said.

2/19/2019:

Nahri and Ali better not get together romantically or I will revolt.
Nilufer Ozmekik
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quick confession: When I saw the page numbers of the book, I draw the blanket on my face and try to hide from the book. Nearly 800 pages! I’m so happy it was not a paperback, I’m holding right now! I don’t want to look like wrestler after finishing my reading (I was looking like giant when I finished Dark Tower series of Stephen King book! It gave me cries to look at my triceps!)

Of course the other two books of the installment were long, too but when I start reading something (and you may guess
Angelica
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, arc, read-2020
You ever hesitate to pick up an especially long book? Like, you want to read it but then you see that page count? This was that book. But I'm so glad I did read it.

S.A. Chakraborty managed to create a concluding novel that brings so much new history and lore to her world, and yet manages to perfectly wrap up the story she had began to tell in The City of Brass.

In this book, the stakes are raised tenfold. The throne of Daevabad is at stake and the lives of every person in the city are in the bala
Will Byrnes
Do you know how many times I’ve had to do this? Forget healing, my specialty should be having my life destroyed and then being forced to rebuild from nothing.

---------------------------------------

Yet everything was just a touch off. There were empty spaces where conjured buildings should have stood, ugly pockmarks on the skyline. The brass walls were tarnished, the edifices—on closer inspection—riddled with missing bricks and blackened mortar. Defying any weather pattern Nahri knew, somehow
Aimal (Bookshelves & Paperbacks)
Update: 08/08/20 - Every time I think about this book, the more disappointment I feel and I want to take off yet another star, so here we are at a 2. Had it not been for Dara's arc and chapters, it may as well have been a 1. :) Everyone say thank you Darayavahoush e-Afshin for carrying this series on his back.

If you really want to know why this conclusion sucked, here's a 10k word long post with all my many grievances. Very spoilery. You've been warned.

Thank you to HarperCollins for an early cop
Charlotte May
Apr 18, 2020 marked it as library-loans  ·  review of another edition
I don’t usually care about the romances in books but I really hope Nahri and Ali are endgame and not Dara.

I hate the trope where a girl falls in love with a man/being that is like thousands of years older than them.

And I just love the friends to lovers trope!

Roll on June!!!!
halfirishgrin
I honestly can't even *imagine* what direction this book will take after the events of book #2 but I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED and it'll 100% worth however damn long the wait is. I just want my children (ALI AND NAHRI) happy and safe
Elle
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, author-is-nice
It’s really no secret how much I’ve adored this series. From the moment we met Nahri in The City of Brass, I knew this was going to be a special story. I’d like to just take a beat and thank Shannon Chakraborty for transporting us into a world of her own imagining; I feel truly lucky to have been able to experience her creation.

“Creator, every time I think I’ve found the bottom in all of this, I get some new story of murder and vengeance.”

But for those who haven’t had the opportunity yet, I don’
demi. ♡
❥ 5 / 5 stars

Reading this trilogy is the best decision I’ve ever made so far this year. ♡︎

I love it. I love this trilogy so much I couldn’t put into words. It gave me tears sometimes, yes, but it also brought me so much joy. I don’t even know if I’ll be able to move on from this exceptional and amazing world since I feel like I’m completely bound to it and every single character in it already.
Jonathan O'Neill
Update 22/7/20. Removing half a star. With a bit of time to reflect, I definitely preferred the second book and can't justify giving this one the same rating

***MAJOR SPOILERS***

City of Brass 3 ⭐
Kingdom of Copper 3.5 ⭐
Empire of Gold 3 ⭐

Daevabad Trilogy = 9.5/15 ⭐

Firstly, Congratulations to S.A.Chakraborty on completing her debut trilogy, what a fantastic and hard-earned achievement!
‘Empire of Gold’, despite suffering in the end, from a generic storyline, some under-developed and clichéd charact
a n i s s a
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am not okay.
Nouf *LostinFantasy*
I received an E-ARC of the book through Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

Actual Rating: 4.7/5 rounded up to a full 5!

If you know me at all you’ll know how much this series means to me. I’ve fallen in love with this world and characters since the first book released and I’ve been waiting desperately – and nervously – for the final book.

Now that I’ve read it I can definitely say that it solidifies the trilogy as one of my all time favorite book series ever.

The book was filled with
micolreads
Apr 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-of-2020
This book was like those songs that start slow, almost soundless, but that just go up and up until you cannot not hear them.

This series made me realize that love is powerful, it can get you through a lot and make you stronger. But it's not everything. Friendship and family are always there when love is challenged. I thought i couldn't read more about Nahri and Dara being apart, but the fact that I enjoyed, that I loved them being in love but apart, just reminds me that you can do everything you
Farheen
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can't be the only one who ships Ali and Nahri, right? 😭

Update: (view spoiler)
Brenda Waworga
Jul 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
That was one hell of joy, i cannot rate this below 5⭐️ really, i love everysingle word.. everysingle moment... basically EVERYTHING from page one until the end, this is the conlusion i was hoping for even beyond!

I laughed, i cried, i screamed, i wept, i cheered, i message all my friends who already read this and fangirling with them!

ALL THE FEELS

This is such a emotional review i know, but i don't want to say much about it beside.. just gooo gooo read it if you haven't

Thank you S.A Chakrabor
Deborah Obida
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, fantasy
Empire of Gold is one of the best conclusion to a series that I've read in a while.

This book started just from where Kingdom of Copper ended. There is an abundance of action scenes, magic, great characters and unique plot. After finishing this series I think it's safe to say this is the first of it's kind that I've ever read. There was lots of revelations about Nahri's past and many other things like the marid and ifrits.

The entire series is set in a magical city and Egypt, mostly the former. Th
Hafsah (on hiatus)
Fact: I stayed up all night to finish this 28 hr audiobook in under 3 days. And frankly I'm not sure whether to be impressed, or concerned about my priorities.

Fact 2: if Fact 1 doesn't evidence how compelling this story was, I don't know what will.

This was easilyy my MOST anticipated book for 2020, and (disregarding lessons learnt from my past experiences) I had raised my expectations extortionaly high. Yet...miraculously (thank god!) this time I was NOT disappointed.

That said, the one thing
Raquel Flockhart
ARC provided by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

1. The City of Brass | ★★★★★
2. The Kingdom of Copper | ★★★★★
3. The Empire of Gold | ★★★★★

“Not wanting to be destroyed by despair doesn’t make you a coward, Ali. It makes you a survivor.”

It is always a bittersweet feeling when you reach the last sentence of one of your favourite series. The denial that you will not read more about characters you love, characters whose adventures you have been following

megs_bookrack
May 15, 2020 marked it as to-read
I WON A GIVEAWAY!!!

Look at me go! It's like the world isn't falling apart after all...

I'd like to thank the Academy, William Morrow Books and Goodreads for this honor.

Ellie (faerieontheshelf)
If you look up the word 'anguish' in the dictionary, you will find the last 100 or so pages of Empire of Gold.

But all jokes aside, this was a very accomplished ending to the trilogy. Character arcs were neatly resolved, narratives concluded, antagonists defeated. Every single character at the end of the book was pointed in a direction that I was incredibly pleased with, and I absolutely confess I wish we had a selection of post-ending short stories. And that is the reason why I have a selection
Beatrice in Bookland
Apr 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-2020
"Nahri always smiled at her marks."

1. The city of brass ★★★★★
2. The kingdom of copper ★★★★★

4.5

I don't even know what to say about this book, it was almost perfect.
The only thing I didn't appreciate was the romance - even tho I don't despise it - because I just wish these two had remained platonic friends. But I did like how nothing was rushed, especially in the last pages.

Dara has been my favorite character since his very first appearance in The city of brass and his ending - and his last scene
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
A solid conclusion to this Arabian Nights-inspired fantasy. It has some great twists and turns.

RTC.
Fadwa (Word Wonders)
Can't think... head empty.

Seriously though, I finished it. My favorite series. And I don't really know what to do with myself. I cried and laughed and cried some more. Loved things, hated things, saw the necessity in things even when I hated them. And just. Dara did that.

RTC!!
Veronica Belmont
Ugh, so good. I'm so sad that this series is over, but so happy to have read it. The worldbuilding is something I will hold as a high standard for fantasy for years to come.
Let's see how my predictions went ...

(view spoiler)
Book Barbarian  (Tammy Smith)
EDIT: 11 June 2020 -Happy Release Day!

eARC provided by NetGalley , thank you to Netgalley and Harper Collins for gifting me this book!

Dizzying, unpredictable, magical. An Arabian fantasy I have always NEEDED to read. This series is a new world that completely captivates you from page one.

The Empire of Gold by S.A Chakraborty

description

IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THI
Shealea
May 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I cried three times. That’s all you need to know. For now.

I received a digital ARC from the publisher (via Netgalley's wish-for-it feature) in exchange for an honest review. This does not, however, shape or change my opinion of this book.
Rosamund Hodge
IT ABSOLUTELY GUTTED AND THEN HEALED ME.
Opening Round
1,402,025 Votes Cast

• The Witcher, Vol. 1: House of Glass
  • Supernova (Renegades, #3)
  • Crooked River (Pendergast, #19)
  • A Murderous Relation (Veronica Speedwell, #5)
  • Yes No Maybe So
  • Recipe for Persuasion (The Rajes, #2)
  • The Gravity of Us
  • Lincoln's Grave Robbers
  • The Hand on the Wall (Truly Devious, #3)
  • The Amber Room
  • Fry Bread: A Native American Family Story
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 7 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #7)
  • A Deadly Education (The Scholomance, #1)
  • The Shepherd's Crown (Discworld, #41; Tiffany Aching, #5)
  • Taming Demons for Beginners (The Guild Codex: Demonized #1)
  • The Bear
  • Goldenhand (Abhorsen, #5)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 3 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #3)
S. A. Chakraborty is the author of the critically acclaimed and internationally best-selling The Daevabad Trilogy. Her work has been nominated for the Locus, World Fantasy, Crawford, and Astounding awards. When not buried in books about thirteen-century con artists and Abbasid political intrigue, she enjoys hiking, knitting, and re-creating unnecessarily complicated medieval meals. You can find he ...more

The Daevabad Trilogy (3 books)
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
  • The Kingdom of Copper (The Daevabad Trilogy, #2)