Start by marking “Light My Fire (Mafia Kingdom, #1)” as Want to Read:
Light My Fire (Mafia Kingdom, #1)

Light My Fire

(Mafia Kingdom #1)

He saved me from war.Fed me when I was in too much pain to eat.
Smuggled me and my family into America when it became too dangerous to stay.
But, Nico didn’t flee with us.While I began elementary school in the United States, he was building the greatest and toughest Mafia of the century.
The Mafia Shqiptare.

Nico is now King of all underground trades.
Sexy. Aggressive. Br
Published September 30th 2019 by JessicaRubenBooks

Start your review of Light My Fire (Mafia Kingdom, #1)
Kat Valentine
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this mafia romance!!! Jessica ruben is a fabulous writer and these characters were awesome. Elira and nico were soul mates from the beginning at first nico who was just a kid when elira was born cared for her as if she was a little sister always looking out for her,but when her father who is leader of the Kosovo liberation Army is killed by the serbs nico helps elira and her mother and brother escape to american. For years she doesn't hear from nico,but when her brother gets in trouble wit ...more
~♡AB♡~
Dnf @22%

The heroine is 10 years old at the start of the book, the hero is 18. I can't get that icky fact out of my head, plus the time jumps from 1998 to present day which I was assuming should be 2019 but is in fact only 10 years later.

At the time of dnf, the heroine still hasn't reconnected with the man she loved as a child, but is flirting with some greasy rocker she met at a frat party. Lots of things are not gelling for me so I am going to quit.

Would not recommend.
Nikitasbookreviews
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let me just start with i was super excited about this book once i knew it was coming so let’s see what happens! But so far Jessica has never let me down with any of her books... diving in now!

Okay as soon as this book started i was completely sucked in because lets be real.. talk about the mafia always gets me going 😂 oooo I definitely found this being about Albanians interesting instead of the regular italian/russian/american mafia scenes i usually read about. Color me intrigued further!

I actu
Sentranced Jem
Sep 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-5-stars, arc-2019
PSX_20190920_184915

Title: Light My Fire (Sex. Rock. Mafia #1)
Author: Jessica Ruben

After reading Jessica Ruben's Vincent and Eve series, I was excited to read Light My Fire.
Nico and Elira's story in Light My Fire sounded like it was going to be an epic one.

I have read my fair share of mafia romances so I'd like to believe I know what to expect when I am reading a mafia romance.

LightMyFire-Laser-NoCover.jpg

When I read a mafia romance, I want aggression, I want amazing chemistry between characters , I want suspense and most of all I wa
Paperback Princess
Sep 15, 2019 rated it liked it
*ARC generously provided by author*

I’m struggling with this review...I was really looking forward to Light My Fire because I absolutely loved Vincent and Eve series..one of my favorite Mafia romances but Light My Fire fell short for me. I really liked the liked the direction and the idea of this story...a girl fleeing her country because of war and then years later being reunited with the man that helped her and finding out he is the powerful head of the Albanian Mafia. I felt like this story wa
queen_of_the_books_18
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jessica Ruben has just delivered a deliciously dark mafia romance.

I will admit it took me a little while to get into Light my fire, I think this was because there was so much information packed into the start of the story and I just wanted it to move a bit quicker.

Light my fire was interesting, addictive and full of Alpha goodness with Nico.

If you love a dark mafia read then check out Light my Fire!
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Aug 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020

4.5 STARS

‘A hollowness seeps into my chest. The things I’ve seen and done have chipped parts of my psyche. I might have been a child in Kosovo, but I saw and remember enough that it continues to have an impact on my life.’

Light My Fire by Jessica Ruben had everything we love in a mafia romance. It was gritty, dark and bold. It was passionate and enticing. It also highlighted the realities of war and oppression, family, love and loyalty. It highlighted the work of freedom fighters. It was brillia
Sarah N
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Light My Fire is an incredible read! It's unique, and honest, deep, and soulful. Light My Fire gives you the steamy romance you crave, while delivering a story rich with culture and history.

Light My Fire is everything you didn't know you wanted, packed into the same book. Simply put, its unlike any other book you've read. Just hand over your heart now, because I promise you'll fall in love with Jessica Ruben's next release.

You need Light My Fire on your TBR shelf NOW! It gets all the stars, gi
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Aug 31, 2020 rated it really liked it

4.5 STARS

Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mob, 4-stars-2019
“What I want, I take. What I hate, I kill. And what’s mine, I protect.”

I do love Jessica Ruben's mafia men and while for me, this book started with oodles of promise, it fell a little flat for me at the end. I felt the ending was rushed, and I was struggling to really feel the chemistry between our hero and heroine. Considering all the history they had, I felt that this was a foregone conclusion. It seemed everyone else in the book could feel it, except the reader. However, the story
Lucie Lu's Book Reviews
"And don't even try to run. This entire place is fortified. And even with all the security I've got, if you were to get away, I'd scour the ends of the earth to find you," he threatens.

I don’t know where to begin writing my review. I finished reading Light My Fire late last night, and I cannot find the correct words to describe how utterly amazing this book was. I could praise and love on it all day long to anyone with a pair of ears/eyes, but I just don’t feel like I can do the book justic
nikki
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
As a huge fan of Jessica Rubens “Vincent & Eve” series, it was a no-brainer when it came to deciding whether to read this new book or not. Now I’m not usually a big mafia romance reader, there’s just something about it that doesn’t appeal to me, but Jessica really does do it so well.
LIGHT MY FIRE is intense, steamy and full of unexpected twists and turns. Nico and Elira have known each other for years and the chemistry that surrounds them is electric, and I became so invested in their story tha
it.sgottabethebooks
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jessica Ruben rocked this book! I devoured the pages as she had me fully hooked and I couldn’t stop turning the pages until I got to the very end.

Nico and Elira had such an intense chemistry. Even years apart never wavered the love they had for eachother. Nico seriously made me swoon. And Elira was such a strong heroine.

Light My Fire slayed. This book will have you captivated. Everything about this book will have you so consumed. It was lit! I look forward to more from Jessica and this series.
Izzie d
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mafia
I liked the authors previous series, Eve and Vincent but this was a DNF for me.
They start off she's 10 and he's 18.
She thinks she's in love with him and although he doesn't cross the line as such he seems as if he's thinking when she's older "we'll see". It just felt ick.
As with this genre when they are in each others lives since youth and age gap, he is with others before her, she hears about it, though doesn't understand.

There this weird stuff with a rock singer, it just doesn't work.

Not for m
Suzanne
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh where to start with this one. Jessica Ruben from the gate has given us raw and gritty stories that are unique and in depth. Light My Fire does just that as she takes us down the rabbit hole of the Albanian mafia wrapped in the tragedy that occurred in Kosovo in the early 90s. Nico and Elira have been intertwined since the day she was born and even with years apart, you can feel that connection that these two have when they meet again years later. How these two just meld together just leaves y ...more
BLuvsBooks
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story had me intrigued from the first page.
It is action packed, complex and unexpected twists.

Nico is the mafia boss that knew Elira when she was young and before they moved to America. They reconnect and Nico needs her for business however both may want more. “So much of me was made by you.”

Jack is the rock star she meets in college. He isn’t like the difficult men she grew up with. He is artistic and kind.

Her mother and brother are very protective of her and harbor their own secrets an
Di Vernon
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have loved all of Jessica's books and Vincent was most definitely one of my all time favourite male characters, now I am afraid he has to move over (slightly) for Nico.
Jessica gave him and Elira, a gritty and very heartbreaking beginning to their love story, it starts in Kosovo in the late 90's, when the ethnic cleansing of the Albanian people was occurring. They both end up in the States and they meet again as adults, can't say too much more without giving away spoilers, but needless to say
Gonewiththeromance
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jessica Ruben did it again, she delivered one hell of a story again!
To begin with, I'm a huge fan of mafia romance and feel like I've read everything in this sub-genre and nothing can surprise me anymore, however this beautiful author keeps surprising me with unique story lines and unforgettable characters. You will fall in love with Nico and Elira immediately! I loved the dynamic of this book, it flowed and flowed and I literally devoured it one sitting. HUGE 5 STARS FROM ME.
Maria11
Oct 06, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5

Ok read. I just wasn’t feeling it. I just didn’t seem to connect with everyone and it seemed rushed but drawn out too. Don’t really know what to say about it
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
He turns to move but then pauses, looking back at me. “And don’t even try to run. This entire place is fortified. And even with all the security I’ve got, if you were to get away, I’d scour the ends of the earth to find you,” he threatens.
***

I could never tire of Ruben’s Mafia men and the stories they tell. Very reminiscent of her Vincent snd Eve series, this series is similar but also so amazingly different. It holds it’s own.

I loved the sarcastic nature that was all Elira. She is definitel
Erika's Book Blog
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"He may be the biggest mistake I'll ever make. But I want him now, more than I ever wanted anything."

The elation and headiness I still feel this morning after I finished this one up yesterday is why I read folks!! This was Mafia Romance perfection!! Nico checked all the boxes, but I wasn't always sure what would happen. The swirl of danger, intense attraction, and heart pounding push/pull kept me glued and hiding from life the entire day I was lost in these pages. I salivated for this fictional
Ros 🌼

This is a standalone Mafia romance.

I found myself sucked in from the very first page, it started off very strong but it did dwindle a little towards the end which was a shame. But if you’re after a quick dip into the mob world, this is perfect!

I liked Nico and Elira’s backstory and how they met. But I will say though that the age of the Elira when her special bond with Nico first developed was a little weird and I sort of had to ignore it as it would have put me off reading if I thoug
Anne Milne
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ever since Vincent and Eve I've been a huge fan of Jessica's. When I found out she was writing a new series I was giddy. I love her writing style it's raw and gritty and never fails to enthrall me.

I loved the history behind Nico and Elvira, together they are bound by years of shared memories. We get the background of the Albanian mafia and how Nico rose to his position of power. There is limited Mafia action it mainly focuses on the two main characters however as it's the first book I'm sure we
Adriana
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
ARC generously provided in exchange for honest review. If you loved Jessica's Vincent & Eve series you will love this . Nico is an alpha male at its finest. Nico has known Elira since she was born and growing up Elira grew very fond of Nico until life tore her from his life until years later when they are brought back together. Together they send sparks flying. If you love dark mafia with an alpha male to swoon over then this is your book. I loved this book had the steam the edge of your seat ac ...more
Michelle Krystel
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was given an advance readers copy of this book and have decided to write a voluntary honest review. I found light my fire to be a bit a slow burn but the journey was great. I think Jessica describe Nico and elira relationship as baby till now perfectly. There was no weird vibes regarding the huge age difference. I didn't find it had a lot of mafia violence it was a lot more romance which I liked. Now as for Jack I don't really agree how things were left. You will see what I mean.
Amber- Leave Me Alone I’m Reading
Oooh this book had me hooked! Right from the prologue, I was so intrigued by these characters and captivated by this story. It’s funny, suspenseful, and sexy. I enjoyed it so much and I’m looking forward to more books with this great cast of characters!
Harry
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars....
Captivating
Really good..
Looking up for more in this series
Becky Rendon
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Here's my truth: I am a Mafiawhore. It's my cross to bear. I am a complete and total addict. I do not discriminate. I am an equally opportunity mafia ho. This is my first Albanian mafia book though. I had legit first date jitters and squealed like a tween at a Shawn Mendes concert.

Jessica Ruben opened a new world for me. She started it with the intensely gorgeous cover that personifies Nico 110%. Next, she educated the reader without a "boring history lesson". Nothing about this book is a force
Somia
2 Slightly Indifferent Stars

I was so excited to sit down with this one on a night I couldn't sleep, and things seemed promising right at the start but then the read turned into a bit of a dud for me.

The molten lava of heat I was expecting between the MCs once they met when Elira is 18 or 21 (can't recall exact age) didn't materialise didn't. The element of danger running through the story didn't have me eagerly reading on.
✨The Quick & Dirty Bibliophile✨

Overall: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Steam: 3/5 🔥🔥🔥
Feels: 😔🤨☺️😲😏💖

~REVIEW🖋~
The Quick and Dirty: Fresh twist on mafia romance + blackmail + fake relationship =
🔥

Nico and Elira grew up in Kosovo. When the war breaks out, Nico is instrumental in saving Elira and getting her to safety in the United States but they lose touch despite Elira's multiple attempts at contact. Thinking that Nico forgot all about her, she's surprised to find out he's now the head of the Albanian Mafia Shqiptare in New York City, a group that
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Broken Vows (Volkov Bratva, #1)
  • Forever Lies
  • Machiavellian (Gangsters of New York, #1)
  • Code of Silence
  • Broken Hope (Volkov Bratva, #2)
  • Savage Beginnings (The Moretti Crime Family, #1)
  • With This Ring
  • Brutal Prince (Brutal Birthright #1)
  • Damage
  • Collateral
  • Beyond Measure (Ruthless Doms #2)
  • Hidden Truths (Truths and Lies, #1)
  • Broken (South Side Boys #2)
  • Dark Russian Angel
  • The Master (Manhattan Records #3)
  • Madman's Method (Madman Duet, #1)
  • Stolen Lies (Truths and Lies, #2)
  • Stolen Heir (Brutal Birthright #2)
Hey Readers!
If you want to contact me, please reach out via e-mail JessicaRubenAuthor@gmail.com , as I do not check my messages here on Goodreads.

If you want to be first to know about new releases, sales, pre-orders and more, make sure to sign up for my newsletter, which you can find on: JessicaRubenAuthor.com

Much Love!

Mafia Kingdom (2 books)
  • Love Her Madly (Mafia Kingdom, #2)