Start by marking “Into Neon: A Cyberpunk Saga” as Want to Read:
Into Neon: A Cyberpunk Saga

Into Neon: A Cyberpunk Saga

“Star Wars Meets Blade Runner In An Awesome Adventure!” -Amazon Review (5 Stars)

Moss’ life is going nowhere until a mysterious woman knocks on his door and leaves him with the key to take down one of the world’s largest corporations. When he discovers a familial connection to the stranger, Moss leaves the comfort of his home with his best friend for the sprawling me

Published July 3rd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Into Neon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Into Neon

Into Neon by Matthew A. GoodwinBehind Blue Eyes by Anna MocikatAuxiliary by Jon RichterTen Sigma by A.W. WangEuropa by Elias J. Hurst
New Cyberpunk
27 books — 23 voters
Neuromancer by William GibsonSnow Crash by Neal StephensonDo Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. DickThe Diamond Age by Neal StephensonAltered Carbon by Richard K. Morgan
Best of Cyberpunk
323 books — 1,175 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Into Neon: A Cyberpunk Saga
Marc Hilton
May 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
An interesting story that’s worth reading on a lazy day.
Darth Dragonetti
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Into Neon: A Cyberpunk Saga" is the first book in an ongoing series by newcomer Matthew A Goodwin. I stumbled on the book rather by accident, thought the cover art was pretty legit, and thought I'd give it a try. Turned out to be a good idea!

The novel follows main character Moss, who is a well-meaning but ignorant stooge for a corporately run planet Earth. Little does Moss know, however, that his small and comfortable world is about to be turned upside down. When a mysterious visitor gives Moss
Chad Burrows
May 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great start to what I expect to be an epic saga.

This adventure lays the ground work with great characters. The setting and theme is pure cyber punk. It was an easy read and I was left wanting more.
Anna Mocikat
Oct 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a fun ride!
Into Neon is a popcorn movie in book form. It features a likable hero, interesting side characters, and a plot that makes you turn pages. All of this imbedded into a colorful, neon, cyberpunk world, filled with righteous rebels, evil corporations, biker gangs, and lots of rain - everything you'd expect from the genre!
We follow the main character, Moss, who lives a boring life as an engineer in the sterile world of a corporation. Until one day, a pink-haired girl stumbles into his
Jeremy M.
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you love cyberpunk but have become tired of the anti-hero trope then Matthew A. Gooodwin's Into Neon is for you. Into Neon looks at the dystopian landscape of Thutoworld through the eyes of Moss, a genuine protagonist that is thrust into a gritty underworld in a quest to discover the truth about his past and its effect on his future destiny. With a cast of colorful characters to guide him on his journey and fast paced cinematic action and dialogue, Into Neon brings "heart" to cyberpunk that i ...more
David Pospisil
May 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What a great book.
Thoroughly enjoyed the characters and the world.
Hope to read more of this.
David
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, 2019, cyberpunk
A new face in cyberpunk literature! A great first book, a little predictable at times, but still very enjoyable. Looking forward to more!
Michael Peters
Jul 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
A real gem of a book. Great character and world building throughout. Really looking forward to continuing on this journey with Moss and Co.
Bogi Zweiundvierzich
Jun 10, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: cyberpunk
Jaimie
Jun 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I felt like I was reading an episode of Black Mirror! A page turner until the very end! I don’t tend to finish books, let alone continue reading, if I’m not hooked by the first chapter. This book had me hooked at page 3! The use of vivid vocabulary had a movie playing in my head the entire read. The attention to details in this new world, and the development of certain characters really invests the reader in their lives allowing you to connect with them. This book takes you on a crazy journey le ...more
Stephen Furness
Jul 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: cyberpunk
To be honest, I'm not entirely sure if this is supposed to be young adult fiction or not. There's evidence to suggest that it isn't, but the way it's written, it's hard to tell. The story moves quickly and is engaging enough that I'll probably continue on and read the next book in the series, which I frankly wasn't anticipating. I love the "cyberpunk" sci-fi subgenre, but Into Neon is so vapidly written, I don't know what to make of it. It reads like a bad first draft, even though the author doe ...more
S.C. Jensen
Apr 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
INTO NEON is a quick, easy read full of interesting characters and a unique cyberpunk flavoured setting.

If you’re looking for hard, fact-driven sci-fi, this probably isn’t the book for you. But if you want a fun, entertaining story to kill a few hours with, you won’t be disappointed!

I was especially appreciative of the inclusivity of the characters.

The writing isn’t complex. It reads a bit like YA but with some more adult themes, and the character development at the end felt a bit rushed. But fo
R Y A N  ⚡️
Apr 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5/4 - Cool world and characters.

I guess I’m stuck between 3.5 and 4 star rating because I like the world a lot but the protagonist seems to get lost in the grit of the world and supporting characters. The world building was 💯 - I knew the environment and the technology. Where I lost traction was with Moss. He has considerable growth from beginning to end but I feel like he was overshadowed by Burn and Ynna. Maybe I have a bias because I loved Ynna’s story: Deadly In Pink.

It should be also sa
Tanweer Dar
Jun 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great world-building, terrific characters (Chicken Thumbs and Patchwork are personal favourites) and brilliant action - this is cyberpunk at its best. The attention to detail, such as the names of corporations and logos is impressive. There are also a couple of well-conceived and executed twists (no spoilers!).

I love how the author has imbued every element of the story with cyberpunk (technology in particular), making for a very immersive read.

The way Moss, the main character, grows and develops
Trevor Dailey
Jan 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi, kindle
Cyberpunk Popcorn

Cyberpunk popcorn goodness. This ain't Bladerunner, and that's good. Prototypical cyberpunk settings and tropes, but the characters are fun and the story is well-told. The Kindle version is only 263 pages, which is great. A fast read. The story itself is severely filmable, and would be a great replacement for another notch in an existing franchise. I purchased all four books at once, but this book could stand on its own if necessary.

If you're swallowed up in the Cyberpunk 2077 h
Davene Le
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Drawn in by the cover. My attention was held by clever lines, well placed humor, constant action, great descriptions, and some solid world-building. The book raises a good question about whether our significance is tied to playing the part of a hero in our story. A lot of characters are introduced at one point and there was an optimism, which seemed more suited to a YA audience, though the content of the book is definitely adult. I caution readers to only read this book while enjoying a meal, an ...more
Thomas Steffen
Jul 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Good versus corporate evil

This book showed a number of ways to describe characters and did it well for the key players. The protagonist was well conceived and navigated through the story well. The description of the environment was vague and seemed to leave it to the screenplay writer's whimsy. The good versus evil portion pitted the underdog with the cast corporations. That helped to keep momentum in the reading. That, too could have used some expansion, potential for political or philosophical
Cody
Jun 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Apparently this is the author's first published novel. It definitely held my interest and kept me reading and wanting to keep reading. I actually just wish it was longer and expanded the story a bit more than it did. It's a very brisk 250ish pages. The author did a great job of describing the world. I could picture the street markets and neon futurecity vividly. The characters all had good characterization as well. The action scenes were also exciting to read. I'm definitely interested in pickin ...more
Sebastian Falk
Sep 04, 2020 rated it liked it
The book does it‘s job at world building and it moves forward at a nice pace, but really kinda misses the point of cyberpunk. Evil corporations against brave underdogs is not Cyberpunk. It is style-over-substance approach to a Hollywood tale. I missed the shades of grey in this one, which would have made it a little bit more interesting.

For a debut novel it is impressive though.
saintlouis
Jul 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is good Sci-Fi

If you want action, action and even more action, this is the story for you. This is a Certified thrill ride. Our hero moves from a bee hive to a wild, unexplored place. Best read in a long time.
Arthur L Spain
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was ok
A slow start got a little better

This started very slowly and didn’t really pick up much until almost the very end. It did finally pickup steam at the end. I might even take a chance on the next book in the series.
Luke Swope
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
NeoFuture Adventure

a great read from start to finish. Eases into the world of the main character and hooked me with the desire to learn more about this place, it's history, and what may come. If you're new to cyberpunk this is a great place to start!
Arkascha
Feb 01, 2021 rated it liked it
A good, fast read, and solid introduction to the world of Cyberpunk. Those expecting content on the level of Gibson will find themselves disappointed; howevever, not every cyberpunk narrative needs to be brain-twistingly complex to earn a place in the genre.
Cody Pelletier
May 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Into Neon, A Cyberpunk Saga is a true page-turner. The great descriptive writing and in-depth character development transports you to this futuristic world. A fast paced plot and engaging story. Really well done.
David Wallace
May 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
A good start to the series

This book is a good start to the series. It was a quick read with familiar sci-fi tropes arranged in an interesting manner. It felt a little YA to me, but that could just be my take.

I found it to be an actual good read on Kindle Unlimited. I am going to download the second book now.
Theempathogen
Jun 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good old fashioned classical cyberpunk, for when you want to read about a team of tech vigilantes trying to take down a corrupt corporation.
Typhor
Aug 31, 2020 rated it did not like it
Why am i reading it?

DNF at 20%. It wasn't clear to me why i should keep reading and nothing had managed to grab my attention thus far at that point.
Martin
Jan 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Very enjoyable, great characters, nice worldbuilding, and a really neat writing style. This would make a nice action movie or a game, still works perfectly fine as a book.
Ayden Grey
Feb 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
Was entertaining, but wish the Cyberpunk book had more Cyberpunk in it. The writing was good and I didn’t see any major issues.
Jason
Jun 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great Little Read

Good post apocalyptic short novel. Blade Runner esque, provided some good downtime fun that was enjoyable. I plan to continue reading the rest of the series.

• Cyberpunk City Book One: The Machine Killer
  • Cyberpunk City Book Two: Anarchy Boyz
  • Entropy Angels
  • Behind Blue Eyes (Behind Blue Eyes #1)
  • Cyberpunk City Book Four: Mindjacked
  • Cyberpunk City Book Three: The Blayze War
  • The Magician's Land (The Magicians, #3)
  • Duchess of Terra (Duchy of Terra, #2)
  • Trail of Lightning (The Sixth World, #1)
  • Home Work: A Memoir of My Hollywood Years
  • The Bigfoot Blunder (Charlie Rhodes, #1)
  • Code Flicker
  • Ascension (Ascension #6)
  • I Hear You: The Surprisingly Simple Skill Behind Extraordinary Relationships
  • Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0, #2)
  • Asterix in Switzerland (Asterix, #16)
  • Flux (Starblind, #3)
  • The Rook (The Checquy Files, #1)