Start by marking “Changing Grooms: An irresistible novel of glamour and scandal” as Want to Read:
Changing Grooms: An irresistible novel of glamour and scandal

Changing Grooms: An irresistible novel of glamour and scandal

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  210 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Strapping bachelors, juicy secrets and swooning first love. Welcome to the village of Appleton...Take a gorgeous country pile much in need of funds. Add a glamorous film-star couple planning the Wedding of the Year. Sprinkle a host of unforgettable characters, each with a juicy secret. Result: one long, hot summer of very, very bad behaviour...

Meet the Forbes-Henry family
Published April 2nd 2009 by Headline Review (first published January 8th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Changing Grooms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Changing Grooms

Lynn
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! It was funny to read, perfectly translated in dutch so a very huge thumps up for the translator of the story.. Well it's perfectly written. I loved the characters, from Milly, to JB, from Austin to Ruby! Everyone indeed had their share of secrets. I loved the way Sasha stayed true to the charasteristics from her characters. I mean somewhere i believed that Caro would get back together with Jack, but franckly when i was thinking about them, i believed the feelings from Jack were more ...more
Sam
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, I needed a book that was light and interesting, and all the characters certainly kept me entertained!

The threads of their stories weave together nicely and make it an enjoyable read.
Marijke
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
leuk boek leest lekker vlot.......
Best Crime Books & More
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Well I am ashamed to say that although I have had this book a while, I STUPIDLY didn’t get around to reading it until very recently. After finishing this book in a day and a half I have immediately gone back to Amazon and ensured that I have the next of her books to read. When I picked up Sasha’s debut novel Changing Grooms I wasn’t aware quite how much I would love it. As I started to read I first met Tessa who was on her way to set up for a few months to Appleton Manor in the Cotswolds. She an ...more
Boekenbuzz.nl
Dec 13, 2010 rated it really liked it
Tessa is televisiemaker en werkt aan een documentaire die zich afspeelt in een landhuis. Er zijn twee broers, serieuze en prikkelbare erfgenaam Will en playboy kunstenaar Tristan. Hun innemende, onconventionele vader, Jack, heeft een open relatie met de onaardige Caro, maar het gaat niet goed tussen die twee. De focus ligt op het huwelijk van de Engelse acteur die Hollywood-acteur werd, Rufus, en zijn Hollywood-liefje-verloofde, Clemmie.

Het huwelijk zal worden voltrokken in het landhuis, want Ru
Ajita
May 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
What a delicious book! I really regret not picking this book up sooner, because how many times had I seen this book when I worked at the library? Countless! And trust me, I’ve often thought about reading it. The plot attracted me, the cover was beautiful and even the name of the author promised something – despite the fact that I didn’t know her.

The book was very Tilly Bagshawe-ish. There’s a rich family with so many secrets they wouldn’t be having money problems if they lived of them. Tilly’s b
Kim
Sep 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
De reden dat ik dit boek wilde lezen, was de achterflap. Hierop staat niets anders dan een uitnodiging voor de grootste bruiloft van het jaar. De bijnamen van de bewuste personages gaven al een hint dat het geen normale bruiloft zal worden. En dat is het ook niet geworden. Het boek is vlot geschreven. Er komen heel veel personen naar voren, maar uiteindelijk heeft iedereen met elkaar te maken. Ook de vele verhaallijnen komen uiteindelijk samen en ze zijn niet allemaal even voorspelbaar. Het is e ...more
SkyGirl97*Salma*YOLO
rating : 2.5/5

I honestly totally lost interest half way through ,but I just kept reading till the end of the 600 pages because of that intoxicating English writing

I just really hated the over-used element of coincidence,
example : the moment Sophie comes back unexpected from London and goes inside Tristan's cottage is when Anna kisses him but if she had waited for 3 seconds she would've seen him pushing her away and then she runs away for 5 years
... i just didn't like that ,that and all the dram
Nikki
Jan 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Amazing! The first book by Wagstaff I have ever read. Hot characters glamour countryside setting and a fast paced thinking read. Excellent plot and very well written. Could not put it down. Perfect for Mansell and Fforde fans. Set in a Cotswold village but is suitable for fans of bonkbuster reads. Even though it doesn't have glamourous locations'
Kadie D♥
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-i-own
Got it from a bargain sale for the incredible price of 50 eurocents!

The cover looked interesting, but was actually a little less exciting and funny than I thought. A bit cliche, a bit to be expected and a bit disappointing actually. But since I own it I will make sure to read it completely another time!
Samira Salimi
Nov 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Romance, scandal, betrayal, changing grooms in chapel in front of vicar & joie de vivre. Welcome to the village of Appleton - a countryside Manor in the UK. What I learnt from this book is never ever make decision in anger or shock. Give another chance to people around you & avoid dishing the dirt on juicy secrets.
Iris
Feb 11, 2013 rated it liked it
It was a fun read but what spoiled it for me was that I knew exactly how it was going to end after a chaper or two and not by sneakpeeking the last page.
Besides that, the characters were a lot of fun and well explained plus I liked how it all knitted together.
A fun read for a rainy Sunday afternoon but not really my cup of tea.
Amanda
May 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
I found this book to be deeply unsubtle and therefore became slightly a chore to read. There were some deeply unlikeable characters, and too many "couples" that needed resolving by the end, which meant it felt like a checklist of sorting them out. The writing style was okay, but the plot/characterisation needed a lot more work.
Eva
Oct 23, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
No big review today, I just want to say that this book is too long. And that it is either written quite bad or that it wasn't translated very well (I read the Dutch version). Some sentences were just really weird.
Puck
Dec 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Ik kocht dit boek bij een tankstation toen we onderweg waren op vakantie. Ik had gedacht dat ik er wel de hele week mee kon doen, maar na 3 dagen had ik hem al uit! De verschillende verhalenlijnen lopen door elkaar en linken aan elkaar! Echt een heerlijk boek om te lezen.
Laura Dobb
Jan 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book starts as it means to go on. From the first chapter I was hooked, I read the whole thing in 2 days! It's not your typical chic lit at the beginning but ends up just that. A great, easy read with some loveable characters.
Louise
For her first book - a bit slow at the begining but it got good in the end - a very good read
Aileen
Jun 15, 2011 rated it liked it
This book was very predictable clichéd at times but surprisingly
enjoyable it took me a while to get into it a good read to get lost in.
Vanessa
Aug 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-loved
Really enjoyed reading this as the characters were loveable to read about. Kept me hooked all the way through and glad it had a happy ending for most characters anyways.
Tara
Apr 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
I have to admit, I liked this book. The characters were likable, and it brought more than a few smiles to my face. Again, this is typical chick lit goodness, but I'd definitely reccomend it.
Fluffychick
Loved it! In terms of style it's a bit of a cross between Jilly Cooper and Fiona Walker...lots of gorgeous, rich people in the countryside. Total holiday read, but excellent fun!
Kezza22
Jan 08, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011-reads
It was stated on the back of the book it was a romantic reads thought I'd give it a go... It was ok but found it lengthy and boring in places and not really that romantic?!?
Denyce
A delightfully fun read with likable characters and a sappy happy ending which is sometimes just what the doctor ordered ;)
Melanie
Sep 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If you like Jilly Cooper, you will love this; its set in the Cotswolds as well!
Nicola Hennessy
Jul 14, 2009
Kathy
Dec 28, 2013
Katelin McDermott
rated it did not like it
Oct 11, 2017
  • Single en Sexy
  • Zoek het maar uit
  • Hummeln im Herzen
  • Amy's Honeymoon
  • De erfenis van Richard Grenville (De verborgen universiteit, #1)
  • Recipe for Love
  • The Last Of The Great Romantics
  • Just A Family Affair (Honeycote, #3)
  • The Village Newcomers (Tales from Turnham Malpas #14)
  • Happy Birthday. Christina Jones
  • A Girl's Guide To Kissing Frogs
  • The Birds And The Bees
  • Class (Maggie Adair #1)
  • The Kinsella Sisters (Lissamore, #1)
  • Prima Donna