Start by marking “The Honest Enneagram: Know Your Type, Own Your Challenges, Embrace Your Growth” as Want to Read:
The Honest Enneagram: Know Your Type, Own Your Challenges, Embrace Your Growth

The Honest Enneagram: Know Your Type, Own Your Challenges, Embrace Your Growth

Find a way to bring out the best in yourself with this heartfelt, informative, and approachable guide to all things Enneagram.

The Enneagram personality system consists of a spectrum of nine personality types. Based on the hit Instagram account, @enneagramandcoffee, this book is an introduction to the Enneagram itself, along with information about each type. With the feeli
Published April 14th 2020 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Honest Enneagram, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Honest Enneagram

Start your review of The Honest Enneagram: Know Your Type, Own Your Challenges, Embrace Your Growth
Christy
4 stars

I am a big fan of the enneagram and I honestly think it’s the best personality test out there, or at least the one that is most relatable to me. While this book doesn’t tell you your type (you can take a free test online), it gives so much insight to your type, windows, strengths, and weaknesses. I’m a 2w1, and wow… this was spot on. Sometimes I’m like “why am I like this”, well, it all makes sense when I listen to my type and window. Even though my part of the enneagram was over after
Jessica | JustReadingJess
The Honest Enneagram is a very informative and interesting book about the Enneagram. This goes through all nine Enneagram types. The Honest Enneagram discusses the benefits of each Enneagram type and also says how you can overcome the weaker aspects of your personality. The book also discusses how each Enneagram type effects relationships. I really enjoyed this book.

I took an Enneagram test a few months ago and got pretty into finding out about Enneagram. This book has encouraged me to study Enn
Alicia Bayer
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was ok
This might be a better fit for people who are fans of this personality typing method. The author goes into a lot of depth about the nine types of people, with little cutesy BINGO squares of typical things about each type at the start of their chapters.

Example squares for type ones:

Thorough AF.
"Where's your blinker, buddy?"
Finds every typo
Podcasts while cleaning
A genuinely good person
Day planners.
Justice.
Organizes for fun
"I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed."

There is no actual test to determine
Elizabeth Turnbull
Aug 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
As someone who was already familiar with Sarajane's work with the enneagram from @enneagramandcoffee, I was super excited to dive into this book! I am relatively new to the enneagram as a system and while listening to this book I was still in the midst of determining my type. Even though this book's purpose is not to type its readers but to delve deeper into the each type's strengths, weaknesses, and traits, I found it to be an invaluable tool in inching closer to determining where I fall on the ...more
Kandi Steiner
May 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
For anyone wanting to explore their Enneagram number a little further, this book is perfect. I absolutely loved Sarajane's approach -- especially with her H.O.N.E.S.T. break down and her support plan. A lot of Enneagram books dive into the type description, and then sort of leave you at that, letting you determine what happens next. But Sarajane explores everything that makes up the strengths of your type, what value you bring to the world and to your relationships, while also exploring some are ...more
Celine
Jan 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
I've been into the Enneagram for about 10 years now and this book was an amazing, easily digestible and honestly soothing addition. A positive and understanding look at all of the types that's far less judgemental than most other Enneagram books I've read. SJ has so much love and wisdom in her heart.

One of the more accurate (to my individual experience) sp 2 type descriptions I've come across!
Kaytee Cobb
Jan 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
A great quick overview of the types. Approachable and sometimes funny
Aug 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, audiobook, netgalley
3.5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
This is an audiobook about the enneagram. The narrator was good and I enjoyed her pace and tone. If you’re like me you you’ll have no idea what this is. So I looked it up on the internet.
“The Enneagram is a powerful tool for personal and collective transformation. Stemming from the Greek words ennea (nine) and grammos (a written symbol), the nine-pointed Enneagram symbol represents nine distinct strategies for relating to the self, others and the world. This is something like a life
Natalie
Mar 27, 2020 rated it liked it
I received an advanced reader copy of this book to read in exchange for an honest review via netgalley and the publishers.

This book was ok but not as good as I was hoping. The book talks about the 9 different types of personality related to enneagrams along with a bingo square resource at the start of each personality.
This book just wasn't for me, but if you love enneagrams you will probably love this book.
Abbey
Feb 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The Honest Enneagram is a funny, honest, and insightful look at the different Enneagram types. I adore Sarajane Case's Instagram page and this was a beautifully put together collection of all the information she shares there.

I highly recommend this book, especially if you are looking for an informative piece on the topic without a religious slant.
Elizabeth Turnbull
As someone who was previously familiar with Sarajane's work with the enneagram, I was very excited to dive into this book! I am relatively new to the enneagram as a system and am still in the midst of determining my type, and while this book's purpose is not to type its readers but to delve deeper into the each type's strengths, weaknesses, and traits, I found it to be an invaluable tool in inching closer to determining where I fall on the enneagram. I found myself suddenly in tears as I listene ...more
Jinghay (these.blank.pages)
Really enjoyed finding out more about my enneagram type and myself!
Been a bit obsessed with the Enneagram lately so this came at the perfect time!

I tried to listen to all of the other types as was recommended, but I ended up skipping 7 and 8 because of how repetitive the advice got after a while.. 🙈 Don't get me wrong, it was really interesting, but after a certain point the same phrases are just repeated over and over..
And it kind of makes all the advice blend together :/

I think instead of list
Carola | adreamofpages
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed reading this and learning about all the enneagram types.
I'm still not sure which type I exactly am, but I also know that a person isn't just one type.
I think this will help me discover who I am and why I am how I am.
Jessica
Aug 02, 2020 rated it liked it
This would definitely be better as a book than an audiobook (which is how I consumed it). There's a fun bingo game and memes that obviously lose their charm in the audio form. Also, this book should probably be read only after you are familiar with the enneagram and perhaps have even taken the test to find out your type. This book does not include a test or any information on testing. It exclusively discusses each enneagram type in depth.

With that said, I have followed Sarajane Case on Instagram
Lizzy
Jun 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Even though I had some vague familiarity with the Enneagram, I found that this book offered new insight and understanding in a fun, relaxed way. For those who have never heard of the Enneagram (basically a theory that breaks down patterns of behavior and personality into 9 different types), this book will provide a great introductory foundation.

The author led with a warm and understanding approach to discussing the strengths of each type, as well as the “blind spots” or areas of improvement. Al
Alexandra
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Libro.fm for this audiobook as part of the ALC program!

I have been a fan of Sarajane Case for a long time, so I was eager to get into this exploration of the enneagram. I’d say this book is best for those who already have a basic understanding of the enneagram and know (or have a pretty good idea of) what their type is. I enjoyed getting to know more about all the numbers, as I really didn’t know a ton about the numbers other than my own and my dominant wing (9w1, if you’re curious)
Brigid
Aug 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a longtime fan of Sarajane Case's instagram enneagramandcoffee, I was so excited to see this audiobook available. I have read and taken multiple quizzes about the ennegram and been unable to pin my number down. After listening to this audiobook wonderfully narrated by Leslie Howard, I was finally able to figure my number, my subtype, and wing! Listening to this audiobook was both relaxing and informative about myself and others.
As a visual learner, I would have liked to be able to see some o
Samantha
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I've been slowly immersing myself in the work of the Enneagram for a little while now. That being said, I'm still very new to the process and am still in a child-like stage of learning and truly understanding the depths of this typing system. THE HONEST ENNEAGRAM by Sarajane Case is exactly the type of book that I needed when I started this journey months ago. Even still, it's a book that I truly believe is going to help me kickstart my Enneagram journey into a more intensive study.

If you are al
Katie Karnehm-Esh
Jul 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help
This is my favorite, favorite Enneagram book. Maybe it's because it's not written by a problematic white man (sorry, said that out loud) but Sarajane Case is so compassionate in her treatment of the Enneagram while also showing us ways to do better. I particularly appreciated how she discussed subtypes and directions of stress and comfort (rather than health and unhealth). She also includes some of her Enneagram and Coffee posts at the start of each section, which adds some fun. If you are into ...more
Sophia
Jul 31, 2020 rated it liked it
Thank you to libro.fm for the review copy.

If you've taken the Enneagram already and know your type, this is a great book for learning a bit more about your type, including strengths, areas of struggle, what you bring to relationships, and how you can ~ be your best self ~

I'd recommend sticking to the chapters of your type and those of your friends/partner because it can get a bit repetitive with the formatting. But it's clear Case has a deep understanding of all the types!
Heather
Aug 05, 2020 rated it liked it
I read half and listened to half of this book and the audiobook was very well narrated. I do think there is some benefit to seeing some of the diagrams in the e-book/printed book but they are still well described in the audiobook.

I found this interesting overall and can "think" of people who might be examples of certain types. I enjoy her H.O.N.E.S.T philosophy and gentleness when talking about the strengths and weaknesses of each type. I think I might have gotten a bit more out of this overall
Chattynatty Van Waning
Thanks NetGalley for this book to read/ listen and review. This a good beginner book for enneagram exploration. I find that books on the enneagram are better for me in book form than audio as I want to mark certain passages, and write down quotes. Hard to do when listening to it on audio. I like her “enneagram” bingo by number. I felt the book started to drag along for me as each chapter focused on individual numbers. I like when the writing on enneagram numbers looks at numbers relation and wor ...more
Kait Griffin
Jul 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read two other enneagram books and find the subject fascinating. The chapter on my type (2) really resonated with me. I recognized myself in many of the descriptions and behaviors she included. As for the "honest" portion of the title, it rings true. I found myself shocked at times, thinking "do I really do that?!" and almost defensive at others. "Ulterior motives?! Pssh!" It was a really enjoyable read even if you already have some enneagram knowledge. ...more
Emma Wright
Jan 24, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Helpful, especially if you know your type.

I enjoyed this book. I already knew my type and found the information to be helpful about myself. It also helped me to figure out that my husband’s type is different than what we initially thought. 4 stars because it would have been helpful for an enneagram test to be included or information about the best test to take if you don’t know your type.
Sarah R
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book to read once you have a pretty good idea you know what your type is but are wondering, "what next?" Compassionate, conversational, and full of balanced information about your strengths and weaknesses and how to grow and prioritize self-care in ways that correspond with your type. ...more
Fel (whatfelreads)
honestly this was exactly what i needed. i’ve read the book, but it was really necessary for someone to say it to me - you know? it was like having coffee with a friend & them telling me wasn’t terribly crazy.

i’m forever thankful for this book, but man, the audiobook might have just ruined my life in the best way possible.
Jess Bondy
Jan 16, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Insightful and extremely informative if you know your enneagram number. The beginning got a tad spiritual/preachy and sounded very much like a typical “self-help” book, even though I wouldn’t consider this book that. Helps you learn more about yourself and would recommend for anyone even vaguely interested in the enneagram.
Elizabeth
Jan 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is a great guide if you already know your type, The Honest Enneagram helped me understand my wings and lines better. I listened to the audiobook and I wish I had the hard copy for the reflection/processing questions and sections.
Tracie Marshall
Sep 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
I’m only giving this 4 stars because I wanted more. The one relationship you will have forever is with yourself. If you’re looking for more information on yourself, look into this book.
Sarah Chomette
Feb 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Such a fun and introspective little book! Really insightful for considering why you do what you do!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Geeky Chef Drinks: Unofficial Cocktail Recipes from Game of Thrones, Legend of Zelda, Star Trek, and More
  • Eighteen Inches: The Distance between the Heart and Mind
  • The Self-Love Revolution: Radical Body Positivity for Girls of Color
  • Complete Guide to Self-Care: Best Practices for a Healthier and Happier You
  • Black Book of Poems
  • The Anxiety Skills Workbook: Simple CBT and Mindfulness Strategies for Overcoming Anxiety, Fear, and Worry
  • The Friend Zone (Game On, #2)
  • The Sun Down Motel
  • The Hook Up (Game On, #1)
  • The Enneagram & You: Understand Your Personality Type and How It Can Transform Your Relationships
  • The Only Plane in the Sky: An Oral History of 9/11
  • Teen Titans: Raven
  • Good Talk: A Memoir in Conversations
  • Sheets (Sheets, #1)
  • The Game Plan (Game On, #3)
  • At Home: A Short History of Private Life

News & Interviews

“Getting honest with your blind spots and the things you use to cope will allow you to walk through the world doing less harm to yourself and others.” 0 likes