Start by marking “New Hope for People with Bipolar Disorder: Your Friendly, Authoritative Guide to the Latest in Traditional and Complementar y Solutions, Including: Proper ... Depression & Manic-Depressive ... (New Hope)” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  58 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
The second edition of this groundbreaking guidebook provides up-to-date treatments and compassionate guidance for anyone affected by bipolar disorder—from the recently diagnosed to chronic sufferers and their families. You’ll receive tips from world-renowned experts—including coauthor Nancy Rosenfeld, herself a bipolar survivor—and learn about vital new options and innovat ...more
Published October 23rd 2007 by Three Rivers Press (first published September 14th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about New Hope for People with Bipolar Disorder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about New Hope for People with Bipolar Disorder

Gregory Boyce
Jan 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help
This book was one of the most comprehensive books I have read so far on bipolar disorder. I have read many books on this topic which I suffer but this book is about the best to date. I found the book to have a lot of useful and informative which I believe will help me anf countless others. A lot of books on bipolar only discusses the illness itself. As this is a self-help book for bipolar patients, anyone who reads it can get good information of how to improve their lives and live with the disor ...more
Katelyn Garrity
Jun 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was the first book I read about the topic of bipolar disorder, shortly after my diagnosis. The use of actual people with bipolar disorder as contributors to this book lends it a credence that many books on the topic lack. I felt a kinship with those people. I was more than a patient as I read this. It was more than clinical. I appreciate the fact that this book kept in mind that people with bipolar disorder are still people first and mentally ill second.
Emily Deaver
Aug 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Very helpful book in understanding bipolar disorder. It addresses many different aspects including symptoms, treatment, support systems, living with someone with the disorder, etc.
The only thing was I wish it went deeper into some of the self-help techniques. Overall a great book for someone recently diagnosed or a family member of someone with bipolar disorder.
Cristina1961
Jul 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Great book for understanding and support.
Barbara
Mar 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must read for those with or around those with Bi Polar young or old. Comforting how to live with those with bipolar. Hugs
Angela Blood
Jan 17, 2017
Mandy
Jul 06, 2010
Leann
rated it did not like it
Apr 13, 2016