Start by marking “Under the Willows” as Want to Read:
Under the Willows

Under the Willows

After her husband is killed by a drunk driver, Kelly Harris and her son TJ move into a sprawling Victorian house in Ohio that her husband inherited from his grandmother. Dealing with her overwhelming grief is a struggle as she adjusts to life in a small town. And, just as she’s beginning to feel more comfortable, life takes another unexpected turn.

The Alexa unit in her so
Kindle Edition
Published May 15th 2020 by Acorn Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Under the Willows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under the Willows

Start your review of Under the Willows
Kylie D
After the death of her husband Tom, Kelly and her son TJ move to Ohio, to a house Tom inherited from his grandmother. They slowly start settling in and making new friends, getting to know the town and it's people. Then one night TJ's Alexa unit starts crying. Stunned Kelly and TJ listen to the tale of a young girl, who claims her friend Marilee needs help. The thing is Marilee has been reported missing. With the help of local detective Rob, Kelly has to try to figure out where Marilee is, and th ...more
JEN A
May 06, 2020 rated it liked it
I received an advance copy of this book from net galley and the publisher in return for an honest review. Release date for this book is 15 May 2020

This is an okay book - I just couldn’t get that into it. The storyline just really didn’t hold any appeal to me. The book didn’t flow really well for me and I found it to be a bit dry. It wasn’t the worst book I’ve read but not the best either.
April Sarah
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
*ARC received from #Netgalley in return for an honest review*
Video Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO5Ev...

'Under The Willows' by Pamela McCord is the story of a young mother, Kelly, who is dealing with the loss of her husband and starting a new life with her son TJ. She decides to move them into a house that her late husband inherited. Once there some strange things start to happen centered around their Alexa Dot.

This book has a crime-mystery vibe to it, with a touch of the supernatura
Holly and her Hardbacks
May 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a lovely story. It really pulled on your heartstrings.
I really felt for Kelly with her emotions after losing her husband and moving with her son TJ. The grief felt very real. I loved the relationships between Kelly and Rob and how the relationship developed.
This story has ghosts but it wasnt scary at all and was very emotional. It really pulled at my heart strings and brought tears to my eyes.
I really liked that the story ended all wrapped up in a bow (quite literally ;)).
Kylie Summers
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kelly and her son TJ move into her husband’s grandmother’s house after he passes away.
TJ has an Alexa unit in his room and he hears a little girl crying and asking for help. The girl talking through the unit identifies herself as Emma and she tells Kelly and TJ about a little girl named Marilee who is with her. It turns out that Marilee has been missing for a few weeks. Kelly is extremely worried about the little girl and investigates the case, along with a detective named Rob, who she recently
Sheri
Mar 09, 2021 rated it did not like it
Shelves: horror
I found this to be an okay book - I just couldn’t get into it. The storyline didn’t hold my attention. The book didn’t flow really well for me, the writing style is dry and choppy.
Britt B
May 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
After the recent death of her husband, Kelly moves to a different town with her son and soon after is contacted by a little girl asking for help through the Amazon Echo Dot. This was a unique plot and I enjoyed reading it but I had hoped that the storyline would be a bit more creepy/frightening. We aren't given much, if any, background information on the killer and the girls, how it happened or what his motive was in the first place. Due to this and the storyline mostly touching on the main char ...more
Regsmith
Jun 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow

I absolutely loved this book. The storyline was so unique that I told many friends about it. I loved the story...it just flowed page after page. This is definitely a 5 star and then some for me.
Therese Jones
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Could not put this book down!
Brenda Lee
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great book

A very good book but very sad too .a real read jerker.I loved I book.so glad for happy w.I cried a lot .if your have a heart .you will too.a must .
Nathalie Roth
May 11, 2020 rated it it was ok
After a tragic car accident, Kelly lost her husband. She decides to settle down with her young son - T.J - in a family house that her husband inherited from an aunt before his death. While a missing kid in this new town occupied the background, they gonna have to find a way to keep living their lives and welcome new faces.

The story is a mix of missing child - grieving a loved one while keep going and some romance.

Kelly found it difficult to think ahead and allow herself to keep having a life or
Holly Kammier
Aug 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fast-moving and hard to put down, this is a gentle ghost story with a brave ghost child who will break your heart. A recent widow, Kelly Harris, and her son TJ move to an old Victorian house left to her late husband Tom by his grandmother. Heartbroken because she expected to live in the house with TJ and Tom, Kelly deals with her grief, and soon has something completely different to deal with when eerie crying and an unsettling voice come from the Alexa unit in TJ’s room. The voice belongs to Em ...more
Terry Pigeon
I absolutely loved this book. Why someone would give it a 3 rating is beyond me. It's a paranormal book that I couldn't put down. I read it in one day. The young boy is absolutely adorable and had me laughing at his actions. His mother, the main character of the book was also a very likeable and believable person. I don't believe in ghosts and that doesn't matter because the plot just captures your attention, wanting know how it will turn out. You should love it and while you might not look at y ...more
Katlyn Ulinski
May 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: earcs-read
ARC provided by NetGalley in exchange for honest feedback.

Rating: 4

This was a unique and enjoyable thriller. I enjoyed the twist of a ghost helping out in a mystery. The only problem I had with this book was I thought that the use of Alexa to communicate with the ghost was unnecessary. It was kind of hard to grasp at first, and I feel as though a ghost would be able to communicate without Alexa. I did think that the characters were well-rounded and the grief that the main character felt about he
Shelby Johnson
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Most fantastic story ..

I did not put this book down, until I finished it. I was left wishing for more. A story of a
missing child, with a twist ..
This book keeps one reading, I finished it at 2 am.
I won't give anything away, I
suggest you buy it, and begin your journey. If you shed a tear ... so did I.
Willa
Feb 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
Quick, fun read

I enjoyed this book as a respite after reading heavier, fact based works of fiction. It was a fun semi-suspenseful story with just a bit of paranormal and romance thrown in.

mary blankenship
Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent non stop excitement

Loved this book and everything about the characters and the storyline. Didn't want to put it down to do my daily routine. The characters were so real.
Melissa Randall
Apr 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Help us....

Oh what a fun read. Ghosts, murder, handsome detective, and fast friends make for a great read. While it was a quick read, it had a few twists and kept me interested.
Angelique McGowan
Feb 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Excellent story

I loved this story! The characters were wonderful as was the storyline! I recommend this book highly and hope to find more books by the author!
Cheryl Buras
Feb 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Good read

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, in fact I couldn’t put it down. The story held my interest from beginning to end. I’ll be looking for more from this author.
Brittney
Aug 03, 2020 rated it did not like it
One star given because the premise was neat, however the story was very dry and boring.

Thank you Netgalley for the ARC. All opinions are my own.
Lyle Knebel
Jun 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hard to put down

A fascinating read and very captivating to the end. It's an interesting plot and a great mystery as well as romance.
MiMi

• Crow Winter
  • What You Wish For
  • Watching You Without Me
  • Let the Willows Weep
  • Do Animals Believe in God?
  • While You Slept
  • A Mind Spread Out on the Ground
  • Chasing Painted Horses
  • The Cabin on Souder Hill
  • What Lies Between Us
  • The Paris Library
  • Hurry Home
  • The Blue Car
  • The Haunting of Elmwood Manor (Pekin Dewlap Mystery, #1)
  • Pretty Things

News & Interviews

Looking for some out-of-this-world reading this summer? Then we suggest taking a peek at these highly anticipated young adult books, all...