Start by marking “Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6)” as Want to Read:
Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6)

Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires #6)

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  45,215 Ratings  ·  973 Reviews
Read Rachel Caine's posts on the Penguin Blog

In the small college town of Morganville, vampires and humans lived in (relative) peace-until all the rules got rewritten when the evil vampire Bishop arrived, looking for the lost book of vampire secrets. He's kept a death grip on the town ever since. Now an underground resistance is brewing, and in order to contain it, Bishop
Mass Market Paperback, 241 pages
Published June 2nd 2009 by Signet (first published January 1st 2009)

Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤

Soooo I finished this one way before Carve the Mark, but haven't had a chance to type out the quotes yet-But, even if the quotes don't represent it very well, this book is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE BY FAR!!!! And, if I gave you every single swoony quote, there'd be no point in reading, right?! So...here you go. :P

Shane stood up when he saw her, which made her heart turn cartwheels, and he pulled out her chair. Eve and Michael shared an amused look.
“So cute,” Eve said. When Shane glared, she smiled
Arlene
Carpe Corpus is the sixth installment of Claire’s story in the Morganville series. As with the other books, Caine does a great job in keeping the action going and twisting the events when you least expect it.

In this book, Bishop’s rule comes to an endgame and the people of Morganville, humans and vampires, make a move to take back their town. Claire faces her most challenging moments as she becomes the pawn between both Amelie and Bishop. Her loyal friends, Shane, Michael and Eve are never far o
Amber
Jun 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vampires, favorites
Wooo Hooo! I will say hands down that this is the best one yet!! Way to go Ms. Caine!! This series is so different from all the other vampire books I have read. Sure they tap into the same well at one point or another, but the creative plots and the action packed, fast-paced story takes you into a whole other level. You can't but help falling in love with this series. (And Shane and Michael of course)

I have to say that I have waited for page 120 & 121 patiently and I was totally giddy! Now,
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
Review on later date.... Maybe.
Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller
I always enjoy the atmosphere and mood Morganville books create, so Carpe Corpus gets a decent rating for that alone. I went into this series (a bit late than most) under the impression that there are a few different story arcs within it. With this novel, I fully expected that supposed culmination of events to really wow me… yeah, not so much. The story seemed to resolve itself so quickly that I was left feeling like I missed something. I mean, I know the books are super short, but still. What I ...more
Anzu The Great Destroyer
This will be a mini-review because I have no idea what to write in the first place. So get ready for some good rambling.

Carpe Corpus, or as my good friend Google likes to call it, “seize the body” (weird, huh?) is a fancy schmancy way of playing with the old “Carpe Diem” (seize the day) gig as an analogy to Bishop being a bitch and Claire and Shane having some business time. Thank you morganvilletexas.com for that one.

I liked this one better than the previous book. We’ve got more of the flip flo
Alkyoni

Something scary, something sweet, something sad, something that rhymes with sad.

That sums up the 6th of the Morganville books.

Is it me, or did it feel like a last book in the series? Not even a cliffhanger in it, which is kind of a trademark for Rachel Caine.

There's so many stuff happening, in all fronts. Some of them are typical Morganville stuff. There's a big bad villain, a feeling of disrepair, allies where you least expect them, enemies where you sure as hell expect them, a couple of nail b
This was an okay story, but it was pretty dull compared to book 5.
Claire once again came across as naïve in this book, even though she seemed to have grown a little more mature in the last book. The way she expected people to just give her what she wanted with no thought to their own circumstance was just ridiculous. Has she learned nothing?

The storyline in this book was just so dull compared to the constant action of book 5. I found it pretty boring, and even the bits that were supposed to be m
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: It’s okay
Rating: PG-17
Overall: On par with the rest of the series.
Characters: Well thought out.
Plot: Wrapping up some series questions and beginning anew with others.
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Sure
Book Boyfriend: Sam/Myrnin

SUMMARY (60 words or less)

What can I say about this book, finally. And I’ll leave that at that. For those of you that have read, you know what I’m referring too. I’m glad that we are done with this plot line. I’m ready t
 Rogue
Feb 12, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews

I've actually really liked this series so far, but for this book I need to point out some 'down sides'.

Claire does some rather stupid things/ acts kinda stupid in the last half of the book. She's suppose to be really smart but she can't see what's going / happening around her even though I'm sure that pretty much anyone reading the book can and did figure out just about everything that is happening and is about to happen long before it does.
The truth has to smack her upside the head
Carrie
Dec 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
The sixth book of the Morganville Vampire series, again picking up right where the story left off in the last book. Claire and her friends, vampire and human are left fighting for their town and trying to find a cure.

This entire series just seems to be one long continuous book really, so many different things intertwined into each addition. A few things will finish with each book but others are always left up in the air. I've become hooked on finding out where the entire thing is going to lead
Alaina Meserole
“What’s your name?' she asked, and surprised herself. But for some reason, she wanted to know.
Dean’s brother—he hadn’t been just some nameless Bad Guy Number Four. This vampire wasn’t, either. He had a name, a history, maybe even people who cared what happened to him.
'My name is none of your business,' he said, and continued to stare out the window, even though there was nothing but blurry brick out there.
'Can I call you None for short?”

WOW! A lot has happened in this book. So many freaking twi
Lunasea
Jun 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I swear, I'm going to have to make a 7th star. That's for books I have to force myself to put down and not immediately reread it. Charlaine Harris' Dead and Gone came close, but this one I physically had to use one hand to remove the book from the other hand and place it down. Then I used one hand to grab the other wrist to prevent me from picking it up.

OMG was this book beyond amazing. It had an ending, an actual ending that actually left me satisfied.

Everything was incredible and I won't gush
Nic
May 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
If I could give this book 10 stars I would. Definitely my favourite in the series and not just because of Shane and Claire (but I did read that part twice) but because of all the action, twist and turns, suspense and witty characters that you can't help but love. Adore this series and will be sad when it ends.
Victoria
Jan 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
A very worthy and satisfying climax novel for the current chain of events happening in Morganville.

As climax novels are supposed to do, "Carpe Corpus" brought a lot of things to a head, weaving all kinds of suspenseful and long-awaited moments into the plot. I don't want to spoil, but there are big things happening in terms of death (I was very saddened by the death at the end), relationships (finally *wink*), and struggles for the freedom of Morganville. Vampires and humans band together to ous
Heather Dalgarno
Book 6 in the Morganville Vampires series, and I must admit I'm getting pretty bored.

For a supposed genius the main character Claire Danvers can be pretty stupid at times. Painfully obvious plot twists appear to flummox this 'braniac' and I found this particularly frustrating. Unlike some of the other Morganville books I found myself in a rush to finish this one, so that I could move onto something a bit more fun.

In this installment we see the showdown between the evil Mr Bishop and the native v
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)

Amelie is nowhere to be seen and Bishop is now in charge, with Shane and his dad in prison, and Eve angry at both Claire and Michael, who are Bishop’s slaves, it is up to Myrnin to save them and Morganville. This is the first book in the series to not start straight after the last; it starts a few months after. This book changes everything in this series especially Claire and Shane’s relationship. I love the ending
Maria V. Snyder
Jun 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I'm really enjoying this series. This is the first series besides Harry Potter that I've stuck with so long - 6 books is a record for me because I usually get bored with series books that go past 4 or 5 (maybe that's why I've been only writing 3 books in my series ;)

If you haven't had a chance to read this series, I suggest you do - start with Glass House and be prepared to be hooked :)
Catherine
Nov 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Another great installment of Morganville. Actually, this is probably my favorite one so far. I was surprised at each twist & turn the book took. And I may or may not have cried at one point. I can't wait to read the next one... And I'm not going to. I already started it. lol :)
Wendy Darling
My favorite of the Morganville Vampire books so far...if only because there's finally some Shane action in it!
Kate Nothem
Sep 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Another great book in the series! Loved the character development and the more thorough introduction to Ada. Not as much action as the last book, which was nice. Love the Morganville vampires.
Danii
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am too obsessed with this series! The characters, the plot, the heartbreak, the action.. Morganville has become a second home for me.
This book wasn't as action packed as the rest, but I feel that it did fill in a lot of blanks and kind of connect everything together. Myrrnin continues to be one of my favorite characters, with his mysterious motives (which I started to trust), and the fate of Morganville at stake (hehe, stake!).
I love seeing Claire mature more and more each book, and not be a
Schnaucl
Jul 08, 2009 rated it really liked it
Angie
Mar 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
10/17/15: Rereading!!!

A lot has changed in Claire's life since the end of Lord of Misrule. For one, she's finally 17, and should be celebrating with her friends, but she's not. She also moved back in with her parents. She's now Bishop's errand girl, and is magically bound to do as he says, thanks to Myrnin's betrayal. I was so mad at him for that, but I also had this feeling that he had an ulterior motive and maybe even a plan. Maybe that's just denial caused by my love for him, or maybe not?

Ten
Cristina Boncea
Mi-a plăcut cartea. Claire este pusă într-o
situație complicată, fiind în același timp și de partea inamicului și împotriva sa. Bishop este stăpânul orașului și toți oamenii sunt în pericol. Împreună cu Myrnin și pretenii ei, Claire răstoarnă situația în favoarea lor.

Nu m-am plictisit nicio clipă. Multitudinea de personaje și evenimentele ce au avut loc în lanț m-au ținut captivă și pe mine în Morganville. Vreau să citesc următorul volum însă nu prea curând. Cel puțin în acest volum, totul s-a
Sophie *Ninja Rapunzel*
Jan 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shari
What can I say about these books that hasn't already been said? Rachel Caine is brilliant, six books into a series and she can still throw in plot twists and turns that keep me guessing every single time! I know when I pick up one of these books that I can't have anything important to do because once I start I'm not going to stop until I'm done!

The characters are perfection every book. I love how Claire gets stronger and stronger, she has really learned how to hold her own. Mrynin, oh my gawd!
Myndi
Jan 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was full of excitement and confusion and a lot of warring emotions. It takes you on a ride from fear and betrayal to understanding and acceptance and then of course the dreaded cliffhanger at the end.

The vampire war comes to a climax in this edition and we get to see which side will be triumphant. We get to see how many losses we must suffer in the process and how that takes it's toll on our favorite characters.

Claire is still front and center and being used as a pawn by more than the
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jennifer Rummel for TeensReadToo.com

Claire and her friends are divided over the recent events in Morganville. Shane's locked up with his father. Michael's working for the evil Bishop along with Claire - while Eve is furious with both of them.

Claire needs to believe the Myrnin has a plan, but she's not sure she can actually trust him.

Bishop is running the town and pushing it close to ruin. He doesn't care about any of the citizens. Claire realizes that Amelie hasn't gone into the shad
Lyn Mckenzie
Feb 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I swear that the more you read this series the more addictive it gets!!! The storylines just get more and more exciting with each book that is released in this amazing series and it just leaves you Craving for more!

As always Rachel Caine's writing is impeccable and outstanding in its ability to draw you into the story making it very real to the reader, making you feel like you intimately know the world that you are reading about and all the characters that live in this world, reading her books i
  • Out for Blood (Drake Chronicles, #3)
  • Girls That Growl (Blood Coven Vampire, #3)
  • Love Bites (Vampire Kisses, #7)
  • The Eternal Kiss: 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire
  • Betrayals (Strange Angels, #2)
  • The Good Ghouls' Guide to Getting Even (Beth Frasier #1)
  • Tall, Dark & Fangsome (Immortality Bites, #5)
  • My Soul to Keep (Soul Screamers, #3)
  • Stargazer (Evernight, #2)
  • Unraveled (Intertwined, #2)
  • Immortal: Love Stories with Bite
  • Legacy (Vampire Beach, #4)

The Morganville Vampires (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1)
  • The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2)
  • Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3)
  • Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4)
  • Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5)
  • Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires, #7)
  • Kiss of Death (The Morganville Vampires, #8)
  • Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires, #9)
  • Bite Club (The Morganville Vampires, #10)
  • Last Breath (The Morganville Vampires, #11)
“Not nearly enough. Not recently, anyway.” And she was sad about that.
“I know,” he said, and kissed the back of her hand. “We’ll fix it. Get some sleep.”
“Night,” she said, and watched him walk toward the door. “Hey. How’d you get in?”
He wiggled his fingers at her in a spooky oogie-boogie pantomime. “I’m a vampire. I have secret powers ,” he said with a full-on fake Transylvanian accent, which he dropped to say, “Actually, your mom let me in.”
“Seriously? My mom? Let you in my room? In the middle of the night?”
He shrugged. “Moms like me.”
He gave her a full-on Hollywood grin, and slipped out the door.”
292 likes
“God, I needed you," he murmured. "I can't even tell you how many times I thought about this. The funny thing is, I don't need you any less now. I think I need you more."
~Shane~”