Start by marking “In Love by Christmas” as Want to Read:
In Love by Christmas

In Love by Christmas

(City by the Bay Stories #5)

This Christmas, two worlds collide...under the mistletoe!

All Theo Taylor wants for Christmas is a profitable year-end and a flawless wedding for his sister. Hiring beautiful but unknown designer Josie Beck is a huge risk, especially when the Taylors' reputation is at stake. Josie is sweet, kind and impossible to resist. But is Josie about to destroy Theo's perfect wedding
Published December 1st 2019 by Mills & Boon Forever Romance

To ask other readers questions about In Love by Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Love by Christmas

Start your review of In Love by Christmas
Rachel DeVaughn
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love holiday (clean) romance books and I have read other books by this author so I couldn't wait to read it! It took me several chapters to start liking Theo-I found him rude and arrogant. I did sympathize though with his upbringing and what seemed like "conditional" love by his parents. Goodness his mother was a train wreck in this story! He eventually grew on me and I started to like him more.

Because of growing up in the foster care system, Josie doesn't have alot of confidence, acceptance
Jypsy
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you Prism and the author for a complimentary copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

In Love By Christmas
By: Cari Lynn Webb

*REVIEW* ❄❄❄.75
In Love By Christmas is a charming holiday read. While I enjoyed the story overall, the first bit was kind of confusing with the business, the mother and Theo's lack of gravitas. He was downright unlikable! Josie felt like a bit of a sad sack at first. Thankfully, once they began to interact, Theo and Josie became lik
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
In Love by Christmas reacquaints us with Mia from The Doctor’s Recovery (whom I loved) by way of her business-mate, and heroine of this story, Josie. It was fun getting to see newly married Mia happy & succeeding in her new photography career, but I most loved getting to know Josie. Her kind & generous heart – even at the risk of much-needed profit – is touching, and it places her in direct contrast with romantic interest Theo who is all about the bottom line.

Webb’s writing always draws you in t
Hallie Szott
CEO Theo Taylor is the practical, success-oriented member of his family, and unfortunately, his mother and sister do not make it easy for him. Dressmaker Josie Beck is the only person able (and willing) to help him with the latest dilemma—only, she just might turn his world upside-down in the process.

Theo and Josie may seem like opposites to start, but quickly, their chemistry and growth prove that they might not be so different after all. Romantic and fun, their story—In Love By Christmas, the
Nicole ReadingBetweenTheSheets
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This Christmas romance was really good, but a bit confusing and busy. Overall, I enjoyed the storyline and characters, but I had a hard time figuring out what exactly Theo’s family business was and did in the beginning and what the video crew was doing. But the second part of the book flowed a bit better and was easier to understand. I am glad I read and finished this book. 3.75 rounding up to 4 stars.
Marie
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you in advance to the author for sending me a complimentary copy to review. A positive review was not requested nor required, and all words are my own.

Despite being a Harlequin reader for many years, this was not only my first introduction to the “Heartwarming” series from Harlequin, but the author, Cari Lynn Webb.

“In Love By Christmas” (also known as “Josie’s Christmas Wish”) is a clean read romance. There are no overt sexual tones, and affection is at a minimum – holding hands or kissi
Karen (BaronessBookTrove)
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy from the Prism Book Tours. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.In Love by Christmas by Cari Lynn Webb is a perfect Christmas themed book that is about dealing with a lot of different situations.
Can Josie make the perfect dress for Adriana?
Theo Taylor
Theo is the main male character that is the main man behind the Coast to Coast family business. He is an okay character as he has his flaws. Theo has family issues
Darlene Fredette
Mar 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
You’ll be in love with this story long before Christmas arrives. While Theo’s character takes a bit to grow on you, Josie is immediately likable. She has a such a sad background story, yet she has a huge heart. She is everybody’s best friend. The visual story telling is well-written which allows you to see every one of Josie’s designs. There are a few new cast members, and while I enjoyed Theo’s sister, his mother comes off a little immature and selfish, though there is a likable side to her tha ...more
Amy
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Love by Christmas is a wonderful and sweet story by Cari Lynn Webb. I enjoyed this romance between Theo and Josie. I thought it was fun and entertaining when they were in the same scenes together. I loved watching them grow throughout the book.

I give In Love by Christmas four and a half stars. It is perfect for readers who enjoy a sweet, clean and heartwarming romance. Especially, for those who love stories set during the best time of the year – Christmas.

I received this book from the publi
Nancy Reynolds
Apr 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
A sweet story. It took a little bit to really get going, but I really liked Josie. She is so warm and giving - and I wish I had her talent for sewing. The messages that are woven throughout the story - about making memories and traditions, the small things matter, keep on pursuing your dreams, believe in yourself, etc. - are important to remember and practice. I also loved how Mia, Jin and Helen are there to support Josie.
SARAH TAYLOR
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book In Love by Christmas was such a great book. I gave this a 5 star because it was such a great book I Love Christmas books. If you haven't read this you should you wont be disappointed! ...more
Harlequin Books
Categories
Holiday Romance, Contemporary Romance, Family Life Fiction, Wholesome Romance
Miniseries
City by the Bay Stories
Desiree Leonard
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely love this book I received a copy from Carrie Lynn webb, can I transfer my honest review in opinion I I jumped right in and absolutely was hooked and very well written romantic book. Be honest I felt like it was a little bit like The Wedding Planner but much better.Theo just wants an amazing wedding for his sister but in the end could he end up finding true love could this be the perfect Christmas for him as well? A perfect book to curl up with a blanket and fall in love.
Amy
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very sweet and hard earned romance for the Christmas season. We have two characters who come from very different backgrounds yet both did not have the ideal family they always craved. One turned into a perfectionist and the other felt she did not and could not live up to any standard. That she would always be on the outside looking in.

Throw in some wedding planning and a lot of family drama, instead of a bridezilla it was almost a momzilla, and a brother, Theo who is trying to make th
Lynn Brooks
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A story of joy and happily ever afters! With the fifth book in her City By the Bay Stories series, Cari Lynn Webb takes us on a journey of weddings when big time business man meets small time designer and sparks fly.

Josie was easy to like right from the start. She's just about the nicest person around, always jumping at the chance to help others and simply wants a little slice of happiness out of life.

Theo was brusk and opinionated, but had a heart of gold when it came to making his little siste
Andrea
Dec 05, 2019 rated it liked it
I was so excited to come back to the City by the Bay series. And having it be a Christmas book was an added bonus, for sure!

I love Josie. She grew up in the foster care system, never having a set of parents to call her own. She has had to forge her own way through life all by herself. Most of the time while she was growing up, people were telling her she couldn't do anything. But thanks to one woman, Mimi, she learned that she could do what she wanted if she set her mind to it. And what she wan
Olivia
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: other-reviews
IN LOVE BY CHRISTMAS was a completely charming holiday romance read. Josie owns her own boutique where she designs and upscales wedding gowns, plus makes other clothes and costumes as desired. She lives paycheck-to-paycheck but helps a lot of people and lives life on her own terms. Her life is about to change when her best friend, Mia, recommends her to the wealthy Theo Taylor for his sister's upcoming nuptials.

Theo runs Coast to Coast Living, a store in the vein of Crate & Barrel or Pottery Bar
Christy
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ll admit it. I’ve been watching far too many Hallmark Christmas movies. Now, wait a minute…is there such a thing as too many Hallmark Christmas movies? I don’t know! But, anyway, if you love Christmas love stories, then In Love By Christmas needs to be added to your book pile now!

Cari Lynn Webb really knows how to write stories that will pull on your heartstrings. I read her book The Charm Offensive when it first came out, and I fell in love with her writing. That book has kittens…. This book
Suzie Waltner
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Christmas wedding and family drama are what bring Theo and Josie together but it’s their mutual interest that keeps bringing them back into each other’s orbit. In Love by Christmas is a sweet and clean holiday read that encompasses some of the highlights of holidays such as traditions and fond memories of the people no longer with us and the challenges of family.

Josie longs to belong to someone. Her kindness and generosity are evident from the first (well, maybe the second) time readers meet h
Connie Saunders
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
'People only ever show the finished side of every project, Josie. Often the back side is just too messy.' (p. 105)

Isn't that the way with all of our lives? All of us have blemished pasts and our families aren't always as they seem and that is what Josie Beck finally understands after getting to know businessman Theo Taylor. He, his mother, and sister appear to be living the dream with their wealth and success but it soon becomes apparent that their private family live isn't as special as people
Vicky
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet Christmas romance from Harlequin with all the standard tropes you expect from one of their stories, which is not a bad thing. Theo is a handsome businessman who is all about profits. His sister Arianna is planning her perfect winter wedding but their mother has other plans—her own wedding (even though she doesn’t have a boyfriend). Lilian Taylor picks the same gown as Arianna, the same flowers, and even samples the menu all while using a matchmaker to find her the groom she’ll ne ...more
Yvonne Cruz
Nov 08, 2019 rated it liked it
This story revolves around Josie Beck and Theo Taylor.
Josie’s childhood as a foster child was not an easy one, but one woman in her life, Mimi, taught Josie that she could create her memorable moments and that she should always be true to herself. Mimi was also the one that taught her to sew. A trait that inspired her to be the designer she is today. Her specialty is re-creating beautiful dresses from vintage ones.
Theo Taylor is president of a high end company . A man that had little love as a c
Julie Eichelberger-Ford
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In Love by Christmas is a story of finding passion in your work without letting it take over your life. Josie has had a rough life. She grew up in foster care and only Mimi helped her to shape how she wanted her life to be. She is now divorced, starting her own business but still helping those less fortunate which is harming her bottom line. Theo appears to be Scrooge-like, only worrying about business and making a profit. He approaches Josie when he needs a new wedding gown for his sister but i ...more
Arlene Mullen
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
So Theo was brought back to the family business to make it profitable. He never really knew love with his family, but did not want to disappoint them. He spends his days working and mediating between his mom and sister. Then his mom starts to take over Adriana's wedding and steals her dress. To fix it he has to find her another dress just 3 weeks from the wedding.

Josie loves her job, but is struggling to make ends meet. She thinks that getting the opportunity to make Adriana's dress will change
C.E. Hart
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
Oh how I love a feel-good Christmas story! Especially when it centers on an unlikely pair that shows so much growth the story bursts at the seams.

Josie. I connected with her instantly. She had a hard life. I sympathized with her difficult upbringing and I rooted for her happiness. Theo, on the other hand, wasn’t all that appealing to me at first. His heart and his growth soon became evident though, and I love how he evolved. I also enjoyed the complications the family dynamics played in this sto
Lori R
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Theo lived for his business and portraying the perfect Taylor family image. He was not sure what to think when he crosses paths with Josie, a designer who owns Rose Petal Boutique. Josie grew up in the foster care system and has always felt like she was never good enough. That feeling was only added to by her ex-husband. She now has a chance to design a wedding dress for Theo's sister, Adriana. She will really need to believe in herself in order to make this happen. I enjoyed the story and how s ...more
Kate Vale
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Theo is all business and dress designer Josie is all heart, which she gives away in her vintage wedding dresses for women putting their lives back together after different disasters. She's not making much money and may not even make next month's rent payment, but her clients love her and what's wrong with that?

According to Theo, everything! And when his sister needs a wedding dress that's one-of-a-kind, he is forced to ask Josie to make one for her. But Adriana wants to wear her grandmother's we
Rachel
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In Love by Christmas by Cari Lynn Webb
This is my honest review for an advanced copy. In the beginning, I really did not like Theo Taylor. I fell smack in love with Josie, though. She had a very difficult upbringing, but struggled hard to make her dreams come true. The fact that she repurposed older wedding dresses and made them into something new and beautiful is amazing. I found Theo a little high handed. What bugged me most was his trying to control his sister's wedding to benefit the company.
E. R.
Nov 19, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a sweet holiday romance story starting Theo Taylor and Josie Beck. This slow-burn romance brings two wary persons who are shaped why their pasts. Through the tribulations of wedding preparations and what it entails, the couple evolves toward better people separately and together. Supported by a myriad of families, friends, and each other along the way, Theo and Josie are delightful to read in this story. I'll admit, I liked Josie more than Theo, but he did turn a new leaf in the end.

Prov
Susan Hamann
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Theo has to find another wedding gown designer quickly. His mother has decided that she wants to wear her daughter's selection of wedding gown for her own wedding, even though she doesn't have a fiance.

Theo is directed to a designer who has fantastic ideas, but her wedding business is mostly to redesign and update existing wedding gowns. Josie is ready to become a well known designer. Of course there is disagreement about so many things while the two are attracted to each other.

The book is fun,

• The Christmas Kiss (Back to Bluestone River Book 310)
  • Healing the Doctor's Heart
  • Second Chance for the Single Dad
  • The Cowboy's Christmas Baby (The Sweetheart Ranch, #3)
  • Home for Christmas (Shores of Indian Lake #12)
  • Montana Wishes: A Clean Romance
  • Her Triplets' Mistletoe Dad (Home to Eagle's Rest #4)
  • Bride on the Run: A Clean Romance
  • Sweet Home Alaska (Northern Lights #5)
  • The Cowboy's Enemy (Sweet Water Ranch #9)
  • An Unlikely Amish Match (Indiana Amish Brides #5)
  • Defending Roxanne (GHOST, #3)
  • The Dating Charade
  • Enamored (Accidental Billionaires #3)
  • Raging Moon (Broken Bad Boy Shifter, #1)
  • Ice Hard (New York Nighthawks, #2)
  • The Last Real Cowboy (Cold River Ranch, #3)
  • Mac's Daring Heart (Sweethearts of Country Music, #6)

City by the Bay Stories (6 books)
  • The Charm Offensive
  • The Doctor's Recovery (City by the Bay Stories #2)
  • Ava's Prize (City by the Bay Stories #3)
  • Single Dad to the Rescue (City by the Bay Stories #4)
  • Her Surprise Engagement