Start by marking “Love Her (Military Men of Lexington #3)” as Want to Read:
Love Her (Military Men of Lexington #3)

Love Her (Military Men of Lexington #3)

Redemption of the small town mean girl romance

Felicity
The day I left that small town behind, I swore I’d never be back. I was better than Lexington and its small-minded residents. No one bothered to look beyond the mask I wore to protect my heart.

Then or now.

Sometimes life doesn’t turn out the way we plan. Having kids was the best thing that I ever did. Returning to t
Published July 23rd 2020

To ask other readers questions about Love Her, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Her

Start your review of Love Her (Military Men of Lexington #3)
Misty
Jul 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well there it is. 5 Stars. I wasn't sure how I would feel about this one going in because well Connor just wasn't really on my radar as someone I just had to read about. But then she did it and this book was everything I didn't know I needed in this series. (Grant I still love you!) Connor was fun to read and he really showed a side of him I never saw coming.

The real star of this show for me though is Felicity. Yeah, you read that right. Felicity, the mean girl, is the heroine of this story and
Megan | A Page to Turn
Jun 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is POWERFUL!

It shows the power of letting yourself truly be loved, and accepted! These two broken characters find their true selves, and find love in each other...

It was unexpected how much I really wanted to see this heroine redeemed over the course of this series. This book is a powerful and emotional goodbye!
M.E. Carter
Now that's a way to go out. ...more
Anna Reads Here
Jul 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, 20-july
Synopsis: As a happily single playboy, Connor doesn’t expect anything to happen in his life that will change everything. But then ‘Lis Thorne’ shows up and everything turns upside down. There’s enough working against them and their ‘relationship’, but it’s a test of how strong their feelings can be. How far will they go to make things work? Even when everyone in Lexington has an opinion on their relationship.

Review: We finally get our Connor book! Twig gets his own story of love and guys, it’s f
Jenifer Briggs
Jul 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It's always bittersweet when a series that you adore comes to an end, and it's no different here. This series holds such a special place in my heart, and is just so undeniably beautiful.

I never thought I would love Felicity as much as I do right now, to the point where I wholeheartedly believe she's my favorite heroine in the series. She's that character that I've disliked so much in the previous books, but now that we've pulled back the curtain and truly saw her for who she is.. I'm just in aw
Cassidy
Jul 23, 2020 rated it liked it
3.75 STARS

Love Her is a romance between a former mean girl and a veteran. The heroine moves home with her kids after getting divorced. This is her second chance to redeem herself in her hometown. The hero moved to town to help a friend out with his bar. He’s not looking for anything serious.

I liked the characters. The kid were cute. We got a chance to see other sides of known characters. I think this bookends the series around this town. It’s bittersweet. Love Her is a sweet, single mom, small t
Melena
Jul 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Love Her is Connor and Felicity's story.

I was curious how everything would play out based on what we have already seen of them in previous books. I liked getting to see past those initial impressions to see how they have grown and that past versions of themselves are not who they are forever.

This may be Andrea's best book yet! I really enjoyed her writing, the plot, and characters.

Thank you to the author for providing an ARC for an honest review.
Amanda
Jul 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Never judge a book by it's cover. It's a phrase we've all heard for years, but these days it seems like judge just about everything based on their first impression. Sometimes you have to dig a little deeper, because there's always more to the story than it appears. That's what I took away from Love Her.

Love Her gets 5 stars from me. Andrea Johnston wrote perfectly imperfect characters that are so relatable. It made me feel all of the feelings.
Messy Bun Book Blog
Jul 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure how I was going to like this book - I really don't like Felicity, but I AM SO IN LOVE! Love Her is one of the most powerful stories of redemption that I have ever read. Wow! Connor and Felicity's story was EVERYTHING!! FIVE HUGE STARS!!! ...more
Andrea
Jul 11, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
d2kydv.jpg

I have waited YEARS to share Felicity Remington-Thorne's story. Finally the mean girl of my Country Road Series gets her redemption and HEA.

❤ Single mom
❤ Redemption of the mean girl
❤ Small town
❤ Slow burn

LOVE HER is the final book in the Military Men of Lexington trilogy, and closes the Country Road Series as well.

Buy Now!
Andrea Guy
Love Her is such a wonderful read. I think once you get to know Felicity, you have to love her even though you want to hate her for her past. But every one can change if they really want it, and Felicity did.

Connor definitely wasn't the guy you'd expect to want to settle down, but I love the almost insta-love that happens to him, even though there's is a slow burn relationship. These two take things nice and slow as they find there way together, and prove that as a couple that things can work f
Nicole Smith
Jul 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love this series. This was a great installment. Now I can't stand bullies, but I do like a redemption story for them. There is so much more to Felicity than what she lets others see on the surface. When life pushes her back to her hometown where she is labeled as the mean in high school those insecurities and labels come back full force. You can see how much Felicity has grown as a person off integrity and deserves a HEA. Throw in Connor who is looking for direction it's a recipe for a great b ...more
KGB
Jul 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Favorite from this author!

I came across this book about a week before it released. I was super intrigued by it’s premise. Then I saw it was part of a spin off series. With quarantine going on in CA, I jumped in. I’ll say this, I enjoyed the Country Road series (the og series), and the stand alone, Small Town Heart. But this series, the military men of Lexington? It blew me away. Lover Her was everything I didn’t know I needed. I loved it, truly. I am a firm believer that we aren’t who we were i
Chrissy Busick
Jul 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
In Love Her we have another hot former military man who falls for a single mom. I truly enjoyed Connor and Felicity's story. The redeeming of the "mean girl" was a wonderful added touch.

Connor amazed me. He had never envisioned himself settling down. Then he saw/met Lis. "When she looks up, something happens. It isn't some dramatic moment like in a move or a historical novel. There isn't a bolt of lightning or an electric current that passes between us, but there's something. A shift of energy.
Fabiola Francisco
Jul 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-reads
Love Her is one of the best redemption stories I’ve read. Felicity tugged at my heartstrings, and watching her shed away her old ways and slowly show the world who she truly is was such an amazing journey to be a part of. Connor, oh my heart, I loved him. He was perfect for her. Two characters with broken pasts yet they didn’t let that stop them from pursuing what they wanted.

Andrea Johnston creates a story full of emotion, redemption, and hope. Her writing is moving and the words flowed perfec
Kayla Busch
Jul 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is hands down my favourite book in the series! There is just something about Connor that is irresistible! This book is packed full of emotions. It's a story about redemption and finding out who you really are and learning to love yourself and let others love you. Connor and Felicity had their own insecurities and past issues to work through and their relationship is definitely a slow burn but the wait was so worth it. This is the third and final book in the series. It can be read as a stand ...more
Shannon
Jul 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness!! Each story in this series just kept getting better and better. Each book is based on the military men of Lexington but really, the women are the ones who make the stories come alive.

In Love Her, Andrea Johnston really brought the series home with a beautiful wrap up and redemption of the leading lady. So beautifully written you can’t help but to fall in love.

A series and story that is definitely a must read if you’re a romance or second chance lover. I guarantee you will fall
ToniAnn Papa
Jul 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Do you have a character from a book that you hate with a passion? Felicity was this character. She is mentioned briefly in the Country Road series by Andrea. The dislike is strong with her that's for sure.

But, let me tell you, a character can change your mind. A character's story can make you love them through everything. Don't get me wrong, she's a bitch, but she knows she did things dirty. Her redemption is one in a million. Felicity makes you feel things you didn't know would ever be possibl
Polly Smith
Jul 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
New Beginnings

For a while now I haven’t liked Felicity Thorne very much. Her horrid ass has shown up in other books by Andrea Johnston (which were all awesome BTW). I didn’t think there was a way for her to redeem herself. I should have know that Ms. Johnston would find a way to make it happen. I love the new “Lis” and I love her story with Connor. It’s one of new beginnings, learning to trust again and not running from your feelings. It was a perfect way to pull this series together.
Amy
Jul 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a powerful wrap up for this series with this book. I've been waiting for Connor's story since book 1 of this series and Felicity (Lis) is his perfect match. Felicity has been the character we have all loved to hate throughout Andrea's Country Road Series, but she finally gets her redemption in this book and I love her. Connor has had my heart since book 1 and I am so glad he found his perfect match. It was an emotional ride and I loved every minute of it. I am going to miss these characters ...more
LLS
Jul 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was such a surprise. When I learned that Felicity was getting her own story, I was not sure how she could be redeemed. What I got was a reminder to not judge a book by its cover. Felicity is the original mean girl and no one was immune from her snarky attitude. Connor was a veteran looking for something more. Their journey to happiness was an emotional one and worth reading! I really enjoyed it.

Thank you for the privilege of reading this book! Well done ❤️
Ashley N Stephens
Jul 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

For all you Andrea Johnston fans, I really felt the Country Road series vibe in this story, which I’m definitely not complaining about. I really enjoyed the fact that this book had fresh content that I have not seen another author do in romance books...the redeemed mean girl. It kept me turning pages and I had this book completed in no time! This book is definitely one to add to your Andrea Johnston collection.
Aly
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love when a story comes full circle!

Reading Andrea Johnston’s books is like coming home to visit old friends - the main characters may be new, but the supporting characters are always people you can’t wait to catch up with.

Love Her is a story of redemption, learning from your past, and moving forward to be who you really want to be.

Connor is a swoon worthy hero who seems unlikely to settle down. Felicity isn’t who she used to be and who most of the people in town still think she is.

Such a g
Stefanie
Jul 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
She made me like Felicity! I don’t know how she did it but she did. I loved reading more about all the gang from Lexington. Felicity has had quite the journey, from mean girl to back to living with her parents. I loved how Lis handled everything. From finding a job to how she parented her kiddos. I love how Connor was persistent. I’m a little sad we’re done with Lexington. But another fantastic book.
Elita
Jul 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love Her

Give this ARC for an honest review.
So this is Book 3 in the military men of Lexington series but it can be read as a stand-alone if you have not read the others.....but please do read the other ones they are all fantastic.

This book is about Connor and felicity. Connor is a returned serviceman who decide he need some country life and to just be alone. But then he meet Felicity who is running from her own issues she also has children in her corner and has come home to sort out her life.

The
Jaime Reynolds
Jul 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was one story I really looked forward to reading. I love the message behind this story. I imagine it’s a struggle for many to forgive and move forward. For redemption and those to finally get their own happily ever after that is well deserved. For Connor and Felicity this is finally their chance. Will they grasp it or let it slip through their fingers?
Angela Jones
Jul 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Yep, I loved it!! This was the perfect story for Felicity. I was so happy to have this understanding of her. And her finding Conner, who also learned what matters in life and about coming full circle. I’m so happy with this story. Thank you Andrea Johnston!
Dawn
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A mean girl grows up and changes her ways. I absolutely loved this story. I loved the redemption of Felicia blossoming into the happily ever after of Lis. I loved that she was able to repair and build friendships with the familiar characters from Country Road. I found myself rooting for Lis/Felicia and wanting more to this sweet story. I don't want to give anything away, but you definitely need to read this story, especially if you have read the Country Road Series.

Andrea has this gift of weavin
Kasey Sullivan
Jul 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is redemption at it’s finest.

Really shows you how people continue to grow and change.

This book is hope.

While there were a few things I didn’t like in this book (the scene transitions were one thing) the overall story was good.
Kathy Schofield
Aug 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Took me awhile, BUT....

. Throughout all the Country Road and Military Men books by Andrea Johnston, there was one character that just errked me. When I realised this book was her story, U was hesitant to read it...BUT I'M SO GLAD I DID.
People who are hurting, hurt people.
It actually made me reflect on my time at school and the bullies there...made me think, I wonder what their story was then.
I'm so sad these two book series have drawn to their conclusions. I will certainly miss this group of

• The Path to Us
  • Fragile Hearts (Poplar Falls, #4)
  • Better than the Book (Charitable Endeavors #4)
  • Switch Stance (Charitable Endeavors, #1)
  • Wicked Hearts (Poplar Falls, #3)
  • Model Behavior (Charitable Endeavors, #3)
  • Bittersweet (Redemption #3)
  • Ear Candy (Charitable Endeavors, #2)
  • Love to Hate You (Hope Valley, #9)
  • Crazy Hearts (Poplar Falls, #5)
  • I'm Yours
  • Can't Fight It (Fair Lakes #3)
  • Merry Hearts
  • Guilty Pleasure (Redemption #4)
  • Stone Hearts (Poplar Falls. #2)
  • Keeping You Away (Tyler & Gemma #1; Ex-Con Duet #1)
  • Kickstart My Heart (Burgers and Brew Crüe  #1)
  • Without You
Andrea Johnston spent her childhood with her nose in a book and a pen to paper. An avid people watcher, her mind is full of stories that yearn to be told. A fan of angsty romance with a happy ending, super sexy erotica and a good mystery, Andrea can always be found with her Kindle nearby fully charged.

Andrea lives in Idaho with her family and two dogs. When she isn’t spending time with her partner

News & Interviews