Start by marking “Cherish Her (Military Men of Lexington #2)” as Want to Read:
Cherish Her (Military Men of Lexington #2)

Cherish Her (Military Men of Lexington #2)

My life was perfect . . .

Until fate took it all away.

Heartache and broken bones left me searching for solace in the darkest of places.

It wasn’t pretty, but with the support of my family, I persevered and I’m stronger for it. my daughters deserve nothing less.

Things were finally back on track, until I met Grant Ellison. Tall, dark, and handsome he sets my heart racing. If o
Published April 9th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Cherish Her, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cherish Her

Start your review of Cherish Her (Military Men of Lexington #2)
Ally.Always.Reads
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Y’all. So. Freaking. Good.
Grant gives me life!
I need him in my life. For real.

I love a single parent trope. It’s my jam. And Andrea Johnston knocked this one out of the freaking park!

Small town.
And a dash of suspense.
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
 photo 20191026_164529_zpsnyqvf1pl.jpg
Not my first read by the author and this was such a SWEET SWEET read, check out ym full review & teaser(s) I make on my BLOG -> CLICK HERE
Erin Lewis
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 star review of Cherish Her (Military Men of Lexington #2) by Andrea Johnston

Andrea Johnston is a new author tome and I have no idea why I have not come across her before. From start to finish she wove a story that captivated me and I was invested from the first to the last page.

I fell hard and fast for Grant Ellison and Dakota Jennings was the perfect woman for him. This is a small town romance with a strong single mum and a swoon worthy ex military hero which are all tropes I adore.
Cherish
Aly
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First things first - Grant is definitely book boyfriend worthy! Silver fox? Check. Beard? Check. Abs? Check. HOOKS HIS GIRL UP WITH TACOS? WITHOUT BEING ASKED? CHECK!!!

It’s always fun to check in with characters from Andrea’s previous books, and Cherish Her gives us a little bit of our old favorites while telling us the story of a new couple. This story had everything you could possibly want in it - sweet, funny, independent heroine, amazing secondary characters, and a swoony hero.

Can’t wait f
Fabiola Francisco
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-reads
Emotional and heartfelt, Cherish Her is a beautiful romance about second chances and finding love after loss. Grant is the perfect hero—patient, sexy, and protective. Dakota is a strong single mom trying to navigate life. These two make the perfect pair, and I loved watching their relationship evolve.

This story will tug at your heartstrings and keep you flipping the pages until the very end. A definite must read!
Andrea Guy
I never have to worry about whether or not I'll like a book that Andrea Johnston has written.

Cherish Her is Dakota and Grant's story. From the very start of this book, I loved both characters. Why? Because they felt like people that I could know. Dakota is a woman who has been through a lot and I do mean a lot.

Grant is retired military and a bachelor of 43.

These two are simply perfect just like the book. I read this one slowly, not because the book was a slow read, but because I wanted to savor
Jenifer Briggs
Apr 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I kept putting off this book because I just knew it would ruin me, and it Lord, did it ever. Andrea is a magnificent author, and she only grows and betters herself with each book she releases, and this is no exception.

Grant -- who is a silver fox!!-- is pretty damn perfect in every way. Seriously, he has to be one of the best book boyfriends I have ever read. He's thoughtful, considerate, honest, open, sexy, respectful, LOVEABLE ,and he hooks up his girls with tacos. Seriously, what's not to lo
A.S. Teague
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cherish Her is LIVE and available with Kindle Unlimited
Find out what happens when a swoony silver fox shows a single mom how to love after tragedy.
Grab your copy today → https://books2read.com/u/bzoyDL
Letica
Apr 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a rollercoaster of emotions. Loved Grant. Grant was the perfect silver fox. Loved the little sneaks of other characters from the other books as well.
Anna Reads Here
Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, 20-march
Let me start by saying ALL THE FEELS.

When I read “Promise Her”, I liked what I saw of Grant Ellison. He was quiet and charming, but also a dependable character. And then having him get his own book just made me so giddy. And then I read it and lordy, I was not prepared for how good it would be.

Grant and Dakota meet through their friends Scarlett and Taylor in what seems to be an innocent connection of two people. Dakota can help Grant find a house since he wants to move to Lexington and Grant ca
Jill S (Love Affair With Fiction)
Bloggers & Bookstagrammers sign up here to be a part of the release for this Small Town Romance: https://forms.gle/LZUdk7vZTuivSXVN6 ...more
Shelby
Army veteran, Grant Ellison is living his life in limbo and in need of a change. While visiting his friends and godson in Lexington, he decides maybe the change he needs is a change of scenery, so he decides to look into buying a house there. That’s when he meets the town’s realtor, Dakota Jennings. She’s a young widow with two young daughters. Dakota has a lot of pain and heartache in her rearview mirror and is trying to be both a mother & father to her daughters.

When Dakota meets Grant, she’s
Elita
Apr 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cherish Her (military men of Lexington 2)

Give this ARC for an honest review.
Grant is everything you want in a Book boyfriend or real boyfriend for that matter....he is cute, sexy, whispers sweet nothing in your ear just when you need to hear them and brings you food.
Dakota is a strong independent single mum of 2 beautiful girls who has suffered a loss in her life and it took everything to come back from.
Andrea’s writing is easy to read and the story flows so well I could not put it down as I wan
LLS
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was another solid offering from this author! Dakota has been trying to heal physically and emotionally from a horrific event. Grant is retired from the military and is trying to adjust to civilian life. Grant meets Dakota when he decides to move and she is a newly licensed real estate agent. Grant wants more than friendship with Dakota and really has to work for any kind of relationship with her. I really enjoyed the fact that they were friends first and really got to know each other. I rea ...more
Stefanie
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Natasha
OH I love this and I didn't want the book to end.

More of my review here - click here https://youtu.be/o3iS4BVfItE
M.E. Carter
This is Andrea's best work to date. ...more
Sassy Southern
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Grant Ellison is a former member of the military and has decided yhat it is time to move closer to his “family”, Taylor Cain, Scarlett Gilbert and Connor. He decides it’s time to finally put down some roots and Scarlett has just the realtor for him.
Dakota Jennings is a single mom to Arizona and Cali and is finally content with where her life is after the death of her husband, Jeff, and her difficult recovery. She has just got her realtor’s license and is excited that Grant is going to be her fir
Misty
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was my most anticipated book by Andrea so far. I fell in love with Grant in Promise Her and have been begging Andrea for his story since then. She did not disappoint me.

Do I talk about Grant first? There really isn't much to say except that he's pretty damn perfect in every way. The way he handles his relationship with Dakota and her girls had me loving him even more than I thought possible. Was there anytime I didn't love him? Maybe but trust me it didn't last long.

And Dakota. My girl. I
Megan | A Page to Turn
"The soul is like the air of our heart. I like to think it’s our souls’ job to keep our hearts beating so we can live and love." - Cherish Her, Andrea Johnston

Single parents are hard to write in my opinion, especially those with kids already. We meet Dakota in Andrea's book Martinis and Moonlight, she is Minnesota's sister and she has had a tough time as of late. Her girls are young, and their Dad is gone. She isn't really ready to move on and start dating - that is until a rugged military veter
Bff Book Blog
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A little suspense, a whole lotta butterflies and one incredible silver fox Hero! Cherish Her is sweet and swoony but still full of surprises. Andrea Johnston writes wonderful small town romance, it is really her sweet spot and Cherish Her is the perfect example of her craft.

I have been waiting years for Dakota to get her Happily Ever After! She was such a significant part of the storyline in Martini's and Moonlight though she hardly appeared in the book. But, her story was intriguing and I've be
Mariya
Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it

My second book by Andrea and wow I’m so impressed by the talent of this author.

After reading Promise Her, loving it so much and being introduce to Grant, I knew I had to read his book. I was beyond excited when I received and ARC of Cherish Her.

Grant and Dakota are one of those power couples that have so much love for each other that even though it took awhile to blossom, once it did, it was like fireworks. They are so perfect for each other. Dakota has carried a big load on her shoul
Kayla Busch
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is EVERYTHING!!!! Grant and Dakota's story is full of heart and soul. The writing in this book is top notch and the characters are so relatable and enjoyable to read about. I loved how past characters from Andrea's books made appearances in this book. It's always fun being able to catch up with some of your favourite characters.

This book is a single parent/small town romance and Grant and Dakota will draw you into their story and keep you captivated from start to finish. I loved the g
Debbie
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love a book that gives me feels & this one had it all. I laughed. I swooned. I cried a little (& I’m not a normally a book crier!). There was even a little suspense & a twist that took me by surprise.

Grant - *sigh* love that he has lived some life & has a little gray in his hair and beard. He rose above my expectations in this book & was even more than I thought he’d be!

Dakota - life has dealt her a hand no woman wants, but she is strong & determined and has pulled herself above it all to ma
Chris
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cherish Her is the first book by Andrea Johnston that I have read and I can definitely say I would check out some of her other books. A big plus for me in this story is that the characters are over 30. They bring some life experiences and maturity to the story which for me makes them and the story more interesting. Another added bonus is that even though this is a sweet love story, there is the underlying thread of danger when Dakota is being stalked.

I love those alpha military men with big hea
Dawn
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was eagerly awaiting the story of Dakota and Grant and I was NOT disappointed. This story had all the feels.. I won't bother giving you the synopsis that you can get from the back of the book. I will say you need to ready the country road series and then dive into the military men of Lexington series. All the characters are connected but the stories are stand alone. You feel like you are catching up with old friends while reading the books. I highly recommend any book written by Andrea.... I m ...more
J.D. Hollyfield
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My life was perfect . . .

Until fate took it all away.

My mind is all over the place finishing this book by Andrea Johnston. Cherish Her was filled with everything I crave in a storyline. Grant is my new book boyfriend and I serious do NOT share! Gah! I have to admit this is my first single mom book and I ate up every word written in this book. Andrea just knows how to capture my attention and build this visual world, where I get lost in her small-town creations. Cherish her was amazing. I want to
Kristina Ashmun
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Let me collect my thoughts and dry my eyes....This book was absolutely amazing, dare I say the best yet from Andrea. I felt so much of this book and am really thankful to be reading it after a heart break. Dakota helped open my eyes and know that you can find love again, open up and stay true to who you are. This was a very powerful book. I was a little mad for the trick in the beginning with Gene, I think it made me like him that much more. Grant is an amazing guy, I was definitely rooting for ...more
Kathryn Linke
Apr 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cherish Her is the second title in the Military Men of Lexington, and features Dakota and Grant. I’ve been eager for Dakota’s story ever since she first appeared in the Country Road series, and Grant was perfect for her.

Dakota is a strong and resilient woman, a widower and single mother to two little girls Cali and Ari. Meanwhile Grant a former military man, is a sexy, silver fox with a big heart.

Dakota and Grant’s story is an emotional small town romance with a touch of suspense.

Several char
Melena
Apr 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cherish Her was just the kind of book I was looking for. Emotional and sweet with characters you can love.

Grant and Dakota were so well matched and once they connected he was there for her. She is a single mother to two kids and it was sweet to see Grant connect with them in addition to finding love with Dakota. The story flowed nicely and had a bit of suspense in it as well.

Thank you to the author for providing an ARC for an honest review.
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Path to Us
  • I'm Yours
  • Wicked Hearts (Poplar Falls, #3)
  • Switch Stance (Charitable Endeavors, #1)
  • Fragile Hearts (Poplar Falls, #4)
  • Together: A Surprise Pregnancy Romance
  • Model Behavior (Charitable Endeavors, #3)
  • A Better Place
  • Falling For You (All For You, #2)
  • Rebel Desire (Rebel Love #3)
  • Perfect Song (Mason Creek #2)
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • Staying For You (All For You, #3)
  • All I Need
  • Waiting for Her
  • Better than the Book (Charitable Endeavors #4)
  • Storm the Castle (Marry the Scot, #1)
Andrea Johnston spent her childhood with her nose in a book and a pen to paper. An avid people watcher, her mind is full of stories that yearn to be told. A fan of angsty romance with a happy ending, super sexy erotica and a good mystery, Andrea can always be found with her Kindle nearby fully charged.

Andrea lives in Idaho with her family and two dogs. When she isn’t spending time with her partner