Start by marking “Divergent Mind: Thriving in a World That Wasn't Designed for You” as Want to Read:
Divergent Mind: Thriving in a World That Wasn't Designed for You

Divergent Mind: Thriving in a World That Wasn't Designed for You

A paradigm-shifting study of neurodivergent womenthose with ADHD, autism, synesthesia, high sensitivity, and sensory processing disorderexploring why these traits are overlooked in women and how society benefits from allowing their unique strengths to flourish.

As a successful Harvard and Berkeley-educated writer, entrepreneur, and devoted mother, Jenara Nerenberg was
Published March 24th 2020 by HarperOne

To ask other readers questions about Divergent Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Divergent Mind

Start your review of Divergent Mind: Thriving in a World That Wasn't Designed for You
Tucker
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Tucker by: HarperOne (an imprint of HarperCollins)

Many thanks to HarperOne for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review

YES! YES! YES!

I loved that. Every page! I know that most of my audience isn't as passionate about psychology as I am so I understand if you don't understand why I love this book which is totally fair.

I love this book because it really spoke to me and made me feel understood. I have, as the author put it, a divergent mind. The systems that the world uses don't work for me and why they don't work for most people.

I loved
Mitra Salasel
I was very much looking forward to reading this, as the premise is laudable/something I am selfishly interested in, and I was extremely disappointed afterward. I think this would be useful for someone who is completely new to any of the forms of neurodivergence contained within the book, but otherwise this isnt that great.
The most interesting insight contained in the whole book is a couple (un-cited) paragraphs about the design of the environment/architecture as a function of European desires
Jen
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Jenara Nerenberg is a writer, journalist and late-diagnosed autistic and ADHD woman.

In Divergent Mind she examines the vast diversity of our mental makeups (covering neurodiversities such as ADHD, autism, synesthesia, high sensitivity, and sensory processing disorder, which often overlap) and asks why these traits tend to be overlooked in women.

In doing so, Nerenberg explores how society benefits from these women's unique strengths, dispels myths, and encourages a move away from pathologizing
AJ Burgin

• 101 Awesome women who transformed science
  • Body Tourists
  • Living in a World That Can't Be Fixed
  • Making Out
Jenara is a journalist, producer, speaker, and founder of The Neurodiversity Project, hosting bestselling authors in the arts and sciences who push for innovation in research and media. Based in San Francisco, Jenara is a SF native who returned to the area after 6 years of international reporting from Asia and interdisciplinary graduate training from the Harvard School of Public Health, Harvard ...more

News & Interviews