Start by marking “I Hate You” as Want to Read:
I Hate You

I Hate You

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  10,948 ratings  ·  1,209 reviews

I want you . . . even when I hate you.

Blaze Townsend: I hate you.
Charisma Rossi: I hate you more.

She’s been expecting this ever since their latest showdown. She had good reason.

Hottest guy sh
Published August 17th 2019

To ask other readers questions about I Hate You, please sign up.
Rainrosie Ridiculous names is a bugbear of mine as well; although I must say I did enjoy the first 2 books that I read despite the names >_<
This seems to be a …more
This seems to be a trend in last couple of decades not just in fiction but real life too. People being given last names as first names, called after place names/inanimate objects/verbs and adjectives etc(less)

·  10,948 ratings  ·  1,209 reviews

Start your review of I Hate You
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

He’s everything. He’s everything I never knew I wanted. He’s perfection wrapped in a dark, deep lake, and I ache to swim in those waters, to discover his secrets and let him delve into mine.

”I HATE YOU”, the latest by Ilsa Madden-Mills, has a couple of my favorite tropes—enemies-to-lovers, and second chance romance. Blaze Townsend is the hotshot wide receiver of Waylon University’s football team. He’s got endless amounts of jersey chasers tr
NMmomof4
4.25 Stars

Overall Opinion: Wow! I went in thinking this was going to be another case of my expectations getting me because of my weakness for college athlete stories, but no! My low expectations were in my favor this time! Definitely the best of the 3 in this series so far (not listed as series but same characters and setting)! It tapped into my feels, it had complex characters, great chemistry in and out of bed between the characters, and some alright closure! I liked it! It could've had more c
Ilsa Madden-Mills
Aug 18, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
🖤 I Hate You is LIVE! WSJ bestselling author Ilsa Madden-Mills returns with an all-new, enemies-to-lovers second chance romance between the football hottie and the feisty nerd girl he can’t forget.

MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
5 Stars!
(ARC provided by Social Butterfly PR)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Charisma Rossi is a graphic design major who attends Waylon University in Magnolia, Mississippi. She’s a feisty, outspoken girl from the Bronx who is part nerd/part bad girl. Almost three months ago she had a delicious fling with the hottest guy she’s ever seen, and then he dumped her at a party in front of her friends. She’s embarrassed, angry, and holding a major grudge, so when he shows up in her class she’s not thrilled. She has to prove to he
Melanie (mells_view)
Ugh. He’s a sparkly, sexy unicorn. And everyone wants to ride him.

I Hate You, by Ilsa Madden-Mills, is a college sports romance with an emotional pull that will make even the blackest of hearts clench. Yes it’s a love/hate relationship at its base, but it feels like much more than that because of the back stories and you can really feel that these two characters do want each other.

Charisma is the smart and sassy girl who just doesn’t think love is for her. She knows love can break you, and she
Hanne
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
I loved I Hate You very much! It was everything I expect and want from an Ilsa Madden-Mills novel. It was emotional, hot, funny, addictive and raw. All the characters (and animal) are superb and loveable. I felt for Charisma and Blaze sometimes. I was rooting for them to get an happily ever after together and the ending was so beautiful and perfect.

Blaze is sporty, determined, driven, popular and a little distant. He’s a football player. Football is everything to him. He wants to go pro and prov
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Binged this in one session. Absolutely loved it! The kind of story that meant my family got toasted cheese sandwiches for dinner & I have no remorse.

Blaze is so beautifully broken by his past and Charisma drops into his life with her list of rules and her own baggage - what could go wrong? Together they’re a hot mess of emotions and I fell for them hard. I flip flopped between wanting to hug them & throttle them!

This one had me smiling, sniffling & ranting at different points. These characters
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Ladies (and gents)... Ilsa has been teasing us about these two characters... MY HANDS AND EYES... and body... WAS BORN READY FOR THESE TWO!

ARC kindly provided by the publicist in exchange for an honest review coming closer to release date...

BlogInstagramFacebookTwitter
Wendy
For some reason, I could just not connect with the heroine. I understood how her parents' relationship had a certain effect on her, but the "no kissing" rule reminded me way too much about the whole "Pretty Woman" deal. Not my jam and a bit ridiculous if you ask me.

She also kept whining about all the "jersey chasers" that were surrounding him, but then went on a date behind his back with some other guy, knowing he wanted to spend time with her. I don't like it when a man plays with a woman's fe
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was EVERYTHING I love about romance. So dreamy, so sweet, so sexy, so full of heart and feels. A MUST READ!!! I'm obsessed.
Andrea Fleury
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Blaze and football. Oh then there's Charm

She says she hates him. But does she really. They went out a few time slept together. But she has rules. He didn't like them. So they broke up. Only thing is he says they weren't dating. 3 months have come and gone. She gets to hide... Charm is not hiding anymore. I loved this book. Third one in this series and simply amazing. Hot Alfa men football players and an amazing author.
Dali
NOW LIVE!
Ilsa Madden-Mills continues to add wonderfully sweet, angsty, and sexy romances that you can devour to her NA book list.

Charisma Rossi has one semester left to finish college. Just a few short months to ignore the gorgeous football player that sits next to her in class. But every time he looks her way, her body reacts. When she reads his notes her mind wanders. But can she find a way to forgive him after he publically dumped her?

From a young age Blaze Townsend knew he could only co
Sentranced Jem
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-2019
PSX_20190822_140810

Title: I Hate You
Author: Ilsa Madden-Mills

Pfft... Like Ilsa Madden-Mills could write a bad book.

When it comes to sports romance, she has definitely become one of the go-to authors for lovers of this genre.
Like always, Ilsa Madden-Mills has given us yet another awesome read. I Hate You is fun, sexy and such an entertaining read.

The characters is this book were written so well.. They are both strong independent characters but their vulnerability makes you root for them with all your roma
benevolent bastard
First of all, thank you for recommending me this book Jade! It was a delight reading it.
I loved the Hero and Heroine in this novel!
Blaze had a rough life growing up. He’s all he has so when he meets Charisma and he feels himself getting deeper. He freaked out and told her in front of everyone at the party she isn’t his type.
Yikes.

Charisma is soooooo funny. I loved her. She’s so badass. She also has these rules. No kissing and no sleeping over. After seeing her father sucking faces with her si
Danielle's
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have no hate for this book because I freaking loved it!

There is a fine line between love and hate. Blaze is everything that follows that path. He’s everything Charisma isn’t. They were a thing, so why did the break up hurt?

Blaze publicly dumped Charisma. Now she doesn’t want to face him. He’s perfect and that’s part of the problem. He’s a football star and more. She’s a sassy chick with a hell of a fire.

Both are scared to love. Neither want to put trust in another person.

This is my first read
Jennifer Kyle
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 🌟 Stars
Bookgasms Book Blog
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ratula
I have enjoyed Ilsa Madden-Mills' sassy and compelling stories since she began writing and I Hate You was no different. It was an amazing sports romance filled with spitfire banter and hot and steamy sexy times that she is known for. Blaze and Charisma were just delicious and their draw and connection to one another was palpable and felt right off their pages.  But while I enjoyed their spirited back and forth exchanges, I couldn't help but notice that their emotional and painful baggage from th ...more
Spoiler Whore-Momoa
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This author is usually a miss for me but color me surprised that I absolutely loved this story. Like really loved it. The h and H were characters that I connected with and their chemistry is the best.
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
I am starting to shy away a little from college aged romances - nothing against the books, it is just that I am an old fart and it is a bit pervy lusting after 21 year old boys lol

Also, I know nothing about American football - other than it takes about 42 hours to play a game!

However, there are some authors that I will pick up no matter the age of the characters, and Ilsa Madden-Mills is one of them.

I Hate You has been my favourite of the HookUp series so far. I felt it was more relatable, more
Jade Violet
Well, I'm doing this completely ass backwards. I started with the first in the series, I Dare You but then the author had the first chapter of the 2nd book at the back and of course I read it which led to my instant gratification kicking in and I jumped to #2 without reviewing #1. Then of course, I get to the end of the 2nd book and there's the first chapter of the 3rd and, once again - no self control, so I'm off to the races reading that one.

Thus why I'm reviewing the third in the series first
Penny Reid
Aug 20, 2019 marked it as to-read

Malene
Nov 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I Hate You is a cute and funny enemies to lovers romance. Charisma and Blaze are two terrific characters that I enjoyed being in the company of. The beginning of the story, where the enemy vibes was at its highest, worked the best for me. The dialogue between them spot on along with the sexual tension. They’re both insecure, because of their parents actions when they’re young, and doesn’t give their hearts away easily to anyone. That’s ultimately why Blaze ended their relationship the first time ...more
Wendy'sThoughts
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Ilsa Madden-Mills Fans, Romance
4 That Thin Line Between Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free
Ilsa Madden-Mills has explored and put under a magnifying glass the World of College, Sport and New Age Angst with her interconnected books. She has brought us truly interesting, multi-layered characters whose flaws endear us and make us want to root for them. In I Hate You, she has taken two people who have no trust in others due to their childhood observations in their families.

Blaze Townsend carries a heavy load no one is aware of.
He is the
Vanessa (nessreads)
5 Stars

When it comes to sports romances, Ilsa Madden-Mills never disappoints. I Hate You is a college sports romance with a love/hate relationship that’s so much more. I was so pleasantly entertained, and immediately hooked from start to finish.

Charisma is smart, funny, and feisty. She wants to start the new semester fresh and put the very public breakup that happened during her party behind her. She wants to get back to the person she was before Blaze got his hands on her. There’s a reason why
Elle Kennedy

M &#x1f5a4;
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 ‘This is now my FAVORITE sports romance to date’ Stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

“I Hate You” is IIsa Madden-Mills’ best work so far, in my opinion. I absolutely loved this book. It shined in every way possible. I could not put it down. I loved it so much, I’m sad that I finished it.

If you’re hesitating on giving this novel a try, DON’T. You would be missing college romance GREATNESS.

Overall Ratings:

Dialogue: 5
Chemistry b/w Hero and Heroine: 5+++
Jess☺️
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I Hate You by Ilsa Madden-Mills is a great steamy, frustrating book about that hot college football star and the quite girl.
It's definitely a fun read with plenty of hot flirty-ness, and full of emotion with that happy ever after we all want 🙄
Definitely worth reading if quick, easy and a good giggle is what you need 📖
Debbie "Buried in Her TBR Pile"
3 stars

The basic premise of the 2 protags hookups (3) but not in a relationship because she has rules because her father cheated and she doesn't want to be hurt failed to engage me in the entire story. Also, I didn't truly like either of the characters. They weren't horrible, just meh. The author writes well - but this one wasn't for me. I will read something else by the author with hopes that I will like the plot premise and the characters.
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ilsa Madden Mills is a master of her craft. She writes these tantalising reads with heroes we love to hate and heroines with sassy attitudes. I Hate You is the book I’ve been dying to read since I met Blaze & Charisma in I Bet You. This enemies to lovers read will set your heart on fire at times. It has witty banter, push and pull moments and yummy steam in spades.

Blaze and Charisma’s story completely captivated me. The energy between them was tangible and they have such heated, delicious and si
Alaina
Rating this is hard because I liked this book but the characters annoyed me so freaking much!

I Hate You, no.. really, I hate you. This book annoyed me so much - mostly the characters though. In it, you will meet Blaze and Charisma. Now he is all about football and nothing else can get in the way of that. No matter how hard he tries to forget about Charisma and her sass. Then there's the girl who can't deal with seeing her ex who publicly dumped her. She was humiliated and hurt by the words he sa

• Hate the Game
  • Enemies
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • The Dugout
  • Cruel Prince (Royal Hearts Academy, #1)
  • Broken Knight (All Saints High, #2)
  • Jock Road (Jock Hard, #3)
  • The Hunter (Boston Belles, #1)
  • The Second We Met (Fulton U, #2)
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • Park Avenue Player
  • Rich Prick
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • Hatemates
  • The Lineup
  • Focused
  • Ruthless Knight (Royal Hearts Academy, #2)
  • Angry God (All Saints High, #3)

Wall Street Journal, New York Times, and USA Today best-selling author Ilsa Madden-Mills is best known for her angsty new adult romances and romantic comedies.

Eight of her eleven novels have placed in the Amazon Top 10 Best-seller List: Dirty English #1; Fake Fiancée and I Dare You #2; I Bet You, Filthy English, and Very Bad Things #6; Boyfriend Bargain #8; The Last Guy, her collaboration with Tia