Start by marking “Looking Glass (The Chronicles of Alice)” as Want to Read:
Looking Glass (The Chronicles of Alice)

Looking Glass

(The Chronicles of Alice)

In four new novellas, Christina Henry returns to the universe she created for Alice and Red Queen, where magic runs more freely than anyone suspects, but so do secrets and blood.

Lovely Creature
In the New City lives a girl called Elizabeth, a girl who has a secret: she can do magic. But someone knows Elizabeth's secret--someone who has a secret of his own. That secret is a
Published April 21st 2020 by Ace

To ask other readers questions about Looking Glass, please sign up.
aub.downtherabbithole You should read Alice and Red Queen first, to understand the characters and background of their life.

Start your review of Looking Glass (The Chronicles of Alice)
Nilufer Ozmekik
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
And this is the end my beautiful and only friends as like Jim Morrison has sang.

Most of the readers have been disappointed after the second book which I read yesterday. (I devoted my three days to finish trilogy and the start was so impressive, at the second book we just startled by bumpy roads and disappointed by the direction and team Alcher’s absence because Hatcher turns into big bad bloody wolf and started losing his humanity parts)

So this book could be great conclusion of the story I ful
Miranda Reads
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description

New month, New Booktube Reading Vlog - tier-listing all the books read in July!
The Written Review
description
This is a series of four short stories in the Chronicles of Alice series by Christina Henry. I haven't read the main series but wow did I enjoy these short stories! They were fun, fresh and exciting.
Lovely Creature
She didn't want to be troubled with worries over a ghost sister...She wanted to pretend that all the uncomfortable knowledge she'd gained today was just some sil
Candace Robinson
I absolutely adored The Chronicle of Alice duology, so I just knew I had to get my hands on this collection of shorts!

I'll have to say that my two favorites were, When I First Came to Town and The Mercy Seat. I think because I love Hatcher so much! So I loved seeing his life before Alice and then after Alice!

Girl in Amber was just okay—I think because Hatcher was missing for most of it, and I wish he would have been there more. But I get why it was done that way. And as for Lovely Creature, it
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I just love these novellas and how Christina Henry reinvents our favorite fairy tales with a dark touch. Alice in Wonderland is one of my favorite stories, and this was a fun, nostalgic treat for me, again with a spin. I’m excited to see what fairy tale or classic she’ll tackle next.

More thoughts to come.

I received a gifted copy. All opinions are my own.
Josh
May 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Looking Glass comprises 4 novellas set in the dangerous and distinctly grown-up world of Alice; a child's story turned on its head by talented author Christina Henry.

Each of the novellas are must-reads for fans of the duology (which features the fantastical horrors Alice, and Red Queen). Not only does this collection breathe new life into Alice but expands on the stories previously told in the full length novels whilst adding a little more to the broader continuity (I thinking about the novellas
Diana
May 04, 2020 added it
DNF'ed at pg 154

And it's with a heavy heart that I have to say this book wasn't for me/wasn't what I was expecting/maybe it wasn't the right time to read it... but as much as I have loved all books by Christine Henry and this one has bored me immensely.

I have read and loved all her books (minus the black wings series, which I haven't read) and the Alice retelling she did is one of my faves, so when this book was out I jumped into it without second thoughts, but... I just couldn't connect to it.

I
Tucker  (TuckerTheReader)
Nov 11, 2019 marked it as not-released-tbr  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, adult
i did not enjoy her recent book, Girl in Red but ONLY because of the ending. if she can nail the endings in this, i'll love it

| Goodreads | Blog | Pinterest | LinkedIn | YouTube | Instagram
Ellie
me, managing to finish a book???????? impossible.

and yet I did it, so take that Goodreads challenge
Jessica ☢ Spartan Ranger
Looking Glass, The Chronicles of Alice #3
C. Henry, 2020
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Elizabeth Violet Hargreaves trotted down the stairs in her new blue dress, her blond hair neatly done up in curls and ribbons. She couldn't wait to show Mama and Papa how pretty she looked. Elizabeth had spent several moments admiring her appearance from all angles in her looking glass, until her maid Dinah had told her enough was enough and that she should get downstairs else she would miss breakfast.

Endlich ein neues Buch zu de
Victoria ♡
Aug 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THIS!! ALL 4 OF THE NOVELLAS IN HERE WERE AMAZING! I LOVED EVERY ONE! MY FAVOURITE WAS DEFINITELY THE FIRST THOUGH I LOVED READING ABOUT ALICE'S LITTLE SISTER AND HONESTLY I WANT ANOTHER BOOK WITH HER TRYING TO FIND ALICE!!! ALSO THAT LAST STORY?? I?? OMG!! I HAVE NO WORDS

I JUST REALLY HOPE WE GET MORE IN THE ALICE SERIES I REALLY DO BECAUSE I LOVE THE WORLD FAR TOO MUCH TO LET IT GO JUST YET
Kayleigh
Apr 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First of all, I love the dark and twisted take on Alice in Wonderland that Christina has given us so far and these just add to the hostile, creepy atmosphere that her stories ooze.
I always love when an author gives us more of a story, more of characters, more of a world that we grow to love and these give a depth to the characters that we might have missed without them.
I read this book pretty quick, each of the novellas are captivating and full of tension and I just had to read more.
A wonderful
Clara (The Bookworm of Notre-Dame)
3.75 ✨

Liked it a lot but I may have to read the other novellas now!

TW: mention of pedophilia
Mogsy (MMOGC)
3.5 of 5 stars at The BiblioSanctum https://bibliosanctum.com/2020/04/27/...

Novellas and anthologies? Typically not my thing. But since this collection was not only written by Christina Henry but is also part of her incredible Chronicles of Alice world, I knew I would make an exception. Looking Glass features four new stories set in the same universe as Alice and Red Queen, which reimagines Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland through dark horror lens. It is not a sequel per se, but seeing as this g
Annette
May 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Christina Henry writes a new book, and it doesn't even matter what kind of book it is, I know I want it and need it. When it is a new installment to her Alice series, I know I want and need to pre-order it and then when I find out that there will be a special edition with a signed book plate there is no way I will order the book anywhere else. And when that book comes in, there's is no way I will read another book before that one.

Once more Henry managed to write four very captivating tales
April Sarah
Apr 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
*ARC received from Netgalley in return for an honest review*

This four-part novella set captured me in a way I wasn't expecting. I went into these stories not realizing it was part of a bigger series but I still found myself captivated by the characters and the stories being told.

You get to meet Elizabeth, a young girl that now sits in Alice's place.

You see Alice and Hatcher traveling together.

You find out who Nicholas was before Hatcher.

Lastly, you see Alice and Hatcher continue their path to fi
Sharon Huether
Mar 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Sabrina Ye
Nov 17, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
OMG THERE'S GOING TO BE ANOTHER BOOK OF THIS SERIES I CAN'T EVEN but I'm also kind of scared 🙈 ...more
Jordan
Nov 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I just love these books--I love Alice, I love Hatcher, and I love Christina Henry's prose and the darkness and hopefulness that coexist and linger within the pages of The Chronicles of Alice books.

Find this review at Forever Lost in Literature!

It's taken me a little longer than I'd hoped, but I finally got around to reading Christina Henry's most recent addition The Chronicles of Alice, a set of four novellas centered around some of our favorite characters (and a slightly newer one). The Chroni
Karissa
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Series Info/Source: This is a collection of novellas that mainly takes place after the main Chronicles of Alice books. I got an eGalley of this from NetGalley to review.

Story (5/5): I loved this collection of novellas just as much as I loved the original series. There are four novellas here; one loosely relates to the main story, two follow Alice and Hatcher on their further journeys, and one is about Hatcher’s past. I loved the stories with Alice and Hatcher in them the best, but also really en
Victoria Parkin (Book_besties)
This book is made up of four short story, which I will discuss separately.

Lovely Creature This installment in the Alice world is told from the point of view of Elizabeth, Alice's much younger, nine year old, sister. This feel like it is told from the point of view of a child and as such it wasn't an enjoyable read for me. As a character, she is stubborn, petty and consistently thinks she knows best. This part of the book took me the longest to read because I just wasn't invested in Elizabeth or
Heather (The Sassy Book Geek)
GIVE IT TO ME NOOOOOW!!!!!!!
Scarlett
Apr 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just love Christina Henry's writing. She has such a talent for creepy storylines and interesting characters. Her writing also just sucks you in. I never wanted to put this book down! You know those books that you just love thinking about the sentences and the writing is so beautiful and you just want to savor each word? That's Christina Henry but in a much more sinister way.

I did feel this book was a tad slow to start but I honestly feel like that was probably just a me thing, because it'd
Ola (The Reading Witch)
When I read Alice I felt understood to a deep and intimate level and torn apart and given the strenght to put myself together and look at my traumas in the face with a different perspective, one that I knew of already of course, but knowing and realy feeling something are two very different things.

In this 3rd and last installment in The Chronicles of Alice, Christina Henry brings back that darkness that was so present and important in book 1 but faded away more than I liked in book 2 (side note
Nicole
Apr 10, 2020 rated it liked it
This is an interesting collection of 4 novellas which I liked but didn't love.

Christina Henry writes a lot of retellings of famous fairytales. I've read three of her books now and I always like her writing. It's very easy to read and enjoyable.

This book, follows on from her duology which starts with Alice and the second book is red queen. I thought Alice was just okay, but I wanted to read this book as I do love alice and wonderland retellings.

However, I didn't realise this was part of that s
Jade Hall
Aug 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
i didn’t read the description and i thought this was the third book in the series but its just a collection of novellas :(

BUT i loved all 4 novellas, i thought they really added to the duology and i’m in love with christina henry and will read everything she writes

the first story took a while for me to get into but i liked the introduction of elizabeth and how her story intertwined with alice’s

the second story fits right in with the alice universe since it had the most horror elements, and i lik
Blue
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Want to see more...
Bookstagram

Website

Alright, let’s take our seats and listen to this announcement. Henry is the bloody Queen of retelling fairy tales in a dark, gloomy yet gripping way that will literally have you on the edge of your seat wanting to know what happens next. Trust me, I love me some fairy tales retellings and by far, Henry has got this down packed. Though a Robin Hood retelling would be nice… just a suggestion 
Anyway, I think the Looking Glass is a good starting point if you h
Kathryn
Jun 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After the slight disappointment with The Red Queen Christina Henry is back with a bang!

Set across four short stories we learn of what has happened to Alice's family, Hatcher's dark and tragic past where a few familiar old faces crop up and the next steps of their adventure together. I did feel the ending came all too quickly but that was probably just me wanting more.

Can't wait for the next instalment if there is to be one (please let there be another one!!)

4 stars
Simina
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I can't get enough of the Alice Chronicles. I hope she writes a new story where Alice and Elizabeth reunite ❤ ...more
Brooklyn Tayla
Mar 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
RTC on Saturday :) (my posting date for the Australian review tour celebrating Christina Henry's books!) Thanks newsouth books for providing me with a review copy of this beauty :) ...more
Amy Braun
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I didn't know how much I missed this series until I started this exceptional collection of gothic horror novellas. From beginning to end, this bloody collection of short stories featuring old and new characters completely enthralled me. Each added to an overarching story for both Alice and Hatcher, and while I would love to see the series continue, it wraps things up nicely.

The first story was filled with creepy creatures and clever girls. The second story reminded me how powerful Alice is. The
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Cursed: An Anthology of Dark Fairy Tales
  • The Obelisk Gate (The Broken Earth, #2)
  • The Girl in White Gloves
  • Under the Rainbow
  • Midnight in Chernobyl: The Untold Story of the World's Greatest Nuclear Disaster
  • Sorcery of Thorns
  • A Curse So Dark and Lonely (Cursebreakers, #1)
  • Girls of Paper and Fire (Girls of Paper and Fire #1)
  • A Thousand Moons (Days Without End #2)
  • Book Love
  • The Book of Longings
  • Dear Edward
  • Kairos
  • The New Husband
  • Crave (Crave, #1)
  • The Road to Jonestown: Jim Jones and Peoples Temple
  • Archie vs Predator
  • Are Snakes Necessary? (Hard Case Crime)
CHRISTINA HENRY is the author of the CHRONICLES OF ALICE duology, ALICE and RED QUEEN, a dark and twisted take on Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, as well as LOST BOY: THE TRUE STORY OF CAPTAIN HOOK, an origin story of Captain Hook from Peter Pan.

She is also the author of the national bestselling BLACK WINGS series (BLACK WINGS, BLACK NIGHT, BLACK HOWL, BLACK LAMENT, BLACK CITY, BLACK HEART and B

The Chronicles of Alice (2 books)
  • Alice (The Chronicles of Alice, #1)
  • Red Queen (The Chronicles of Alice, #2)