Start by marking “Uncovering Hope (Uncovering Love, #3)” as Want to Read:
Uncovering Hope (Uncovering Love, #3)

Uncovering Hope

(Uncovering Love #3)

Single mother Carly Reynolds knows struggle. She also knows she can't trust her heart when it comes to men. So when up and coming rock star, Derek Taylor, asks her out she turns him down.  Repeatedly.

Between working at the hospital and raising two boys, Carly doesn't have time for a man. Let alone a younger, famous,  probably has a new woman in his bed each night  kind of

To ask other readers questions about Uncovering Hope, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Uncovering Hope

Start your review of Uncovering Hope (Uncovering Love, #3)
Sybil aka Lala

Derek Taylor is the quintessential bad boy. The tatted up drummer for an up-and-coming rock band. Hes driven by his muse and he lives out his passion for music every single of minute of the day. He doesnt have much time for getting close to women, which may be a good thing because theyll see all the pain hes hiding inside. So instead he lives up to his reputation of sex god with a filthy move. But one oncology nurse is may just have what it takes to have him singing a different tune.

Newly
Coco.V
Mar 05, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (3/5/2020)! 🎁
Cassandra (Thebookishcrypt)
*ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review*
This book follows Carly, a single mother (*cough*my sister-in law*cough*) and I couldn't be happier about it. I have been dying to know more about her since she was introduced in the first book, Uncovering Love. She has a good head on her shoulders and she made me so proud on multiple occasions.
This book was not what I was expecting. And I meant that in the best of ways. I thought I was going to read an easy romance but nope, wrong! This
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Carly is a single mom who works on a pediatric oncology floor at the local hospital. She had a bad situation with her previous significant other (violent, crime-committing drug addict) that makes her wary to get into another relationship, especially with her young sons.

Derek is the typical bad boy, a drummer in an up-and-coming band (3 Ugly Guys- which is featured in other Shea books). He is tatted and pierced--- all over if you catch my drift. But he has a soft spot- for his mom, a specific
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.

Having read all three books in the Uncovering Love series, I can say I have experienced Kacey Shea honing her craft and giving her readers all that she has. The story lines have become more engrossing, the passion hotter, and the characters more loveable. With each couple I have fallen more in love and I ended Uncovering Hope with a happy heart and tears in my eyes. Carly and the man who wins her heart are funny, full of heart, and panty
Kim
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars
Carly Reynolds is a busy single mom and nurse. Her life has not been easy and she gets lonely. Her love life progresses from bad history to non-existent to having two potentials.

Derek Taylor is a cocky, flirty, pierced, tatted band member who loves to proposition her with dirty innuendo. He's a womanizer and a bad boy, but she begins to see his caring good heart. Some of his extra-curricular activities do not fit his hard image. She friend-zones him for self protection and tries to deny their
Sandra
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sent-by-author
Original review @ http://sandrathebookworm.blogspot.com...

I was sent an ARC by the author in exchange for an honest review.

I've read the first two books in this companion novel series and I loved them, but I do have to say that this one is my favorite! I love Kacey's writing and I can't get enough of it. Carly is a single busy mom working the night shift in her nursing job; She has no faith in men since the father of her children did her wrong and left her to care for their children by-herself.
Jenny Prose
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BookBarn
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC in exchange for honest review*
5 star rating!!

I loved this book and Author Kacey Shea's writing style. This book had so many emotions in it, making you feel everything these characters went through. Pain, sadness, struggles, fear and happiness. It definitely took me on a ride and I enjoyed every minute of it. If you love a good single parent book then this one is for you!!

Carly Reynolds. Single mother of 2 boys and a nurse for the children's hospital. She's been through a lot of her adult
Brit
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Advance Readers Copy (ARC) provided for my blog for an honest from the lovely author Kacey Shea

Title: Uncovering Hope
Series: Uncovering Love, #3
Author: Kacey Shea
Pages: 260
Genre: Contemporary
Age Group:Adult
Characters: Carly,Derek
Point of View: First - Dual
Happily Ever After: (view spoiler)
Release Date: March 22nd,2016
Date Read: March 6th, 2016
Overall Rating: 5 Stars

Kacey Shea really out done herself. She left me utterly speechless, that goes to show how great this novel is.
Kacey Shea
Dec 15, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Uncovering Hope is FREE from 3/5/2020-3/9/2020

When a handsome young rock star begins to volunteer at the local children's hospital, he catches the attention of many staff members, including nurse and single mom, Carly Reynolds. But is she brave enough to embrace a second chance at love?
United Indie Book Blog
So I think its safe to say that I have fallen in love with these books. All the characters all I can see myself hanging out with and having the time of my life. Evie and Tate are adorable, Jon and Kate are all strong but sweet. I was hoping for great things for Carly. She's been through a lot in her life, raising two boys while working in a hospital as a nurse. I didn't know what to expect but I can say I was blown away. We find out what all went down with the ex and the boys dad. It was ugly ...more
Nic Spears
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
** ARC provided in exchange of an honest review **

"Never lose faith, even in despair, because hope is waiting for the perfect time, and uncovering it will deliver all the beauty and joy life can hold".

I am in awe of this book. Total awe. I loved it. Absolutely loved it. From the moment I picked it up to the moment I read the last word, I just couldn't put it down.

You know what I love about new authors? Watching them grow and become more confident in their writing capabilities and story telling
Lisa
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Carly Reynolds is a single mom working as a nurse at a childrens hospital. Determined to always put her kids first she puts her own happiness aside to make sure that her boys are safe and taken care of. Always haunted by her past and a horrible ex-husband, she is determined not to let another man into her life.

Derek Taylor is a sexy, tatted, pierced drummer/songwriter. He is the ultimate bad boy. He can have any woman, except the one he wants.
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
I love having suspense thrown into a love story, in my opinion it makes the story that much better. I really enjoyed reading this one. I loved having both POV's, I loved watching how each of them grew and changed throughout the book. There were some interesting twists thrown in, but that just made me keep turning the pages to see what was really going on. I look forward to reading more from this author.

Review done by Cat for Cat's Guilty Pleasure
Ellen
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well damn

Kacey's done it again....what an amazing story!! I love Derek such a diamond in the rough he turned out to be. Him and his #mama love how their story unfolded.
Emilie Davis
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A different kind of love story.

This was at least a 2 hankie book. It is a great story. Working on the Children's Oncology Ward has to be difficult without problems, but
a marriage gone bad with 2 small children on top of that would be unimaginable. Carly forges on in a story that pulls at your heartstrings. She finds love that she is unsure of and not your everyday husband material, but who shows his merit after she is kidnapped. A different love story, but one worthy of your time.
gloria buchman
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love finds a way

The story kept moving. You did not want to put it down. The emotions were vivid and you felt the pain the couple felt.
Rachel
Jan 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Derek Taylor, drummer for 3 Ugly Guys, is a womanizer and a party animal. Though not as hard of a partier as his bandmates, he likes to have a good time and let loose often. He doesnt expect to fall under the spell of his buddys sister, nor does he expect to have to work so hard to get into a womans pants. But Carly proves a challenge and as he gets to know her, he only likes what he sees more and more.

Carly cant let herself be overwhelmed by emotions or a man again. She has too much riding on
Tessa
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Uncovering Love series will be one of my top go to series on my shelf. Kacey Sheas Uncovering Hope is written with humor, passion, love, and one of the most oh my goodness turns I didnt see coming. I truly loved the first two books in the series but Uncovering Hope has to be my absolute favorite. Kacey Shea proves that her writing isnt just a hobby, its a talent she is embracing and sharing with all of us. The depth of her characters and storyline not only grab your heart but hold your ...more
Beauté De Livres  (Vivian Freeman)
Uncovering Hope is the final installment in Kacey Sheas Uncovering Love Series and I have to admit this one is my favourite. In a beautiful ending to the series, Kacey shows her continuous growth as an author with memorable characters and a deeply moving love story. Meeting these characters throughout the series and more so, Uncovering Desire, we remember Derek as the gorgeous and irresistible drummer, which Carly finds unbelievable sexy. Opposites in every way, their chemistry is palpable and ...more
CJ at Book Happiness
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Title: Uncovering Hope (Uncovering Love, Bk 3)
Author: Kacey Shea
Publication Date: 3/22/16
My Rating: 5 SOLID stars

Carly Reynolds doesnt have much faith in men. She no longer trusts her heart to leadnot after doing her so wrong. Raising her sons alone, Carly must learn to stand on her own. But shes stronger now, wiser, and determined to move forward.

Derek Taylor, the sexy tatted drummer for Three Ugly Guys, doesnt have much time for women, except to hook up and get off. Hed rather focus on
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the third and final book in Kacey's Uncovering Love Series, and it's wonderful!

I've only read the last two books, not the first book in the series, and I don't feel like I missed anything at all! Of course, I will go back and read the first book, because being the type of person I am, I can't leave a series incomplete!

Carly is a single mom, trying to stand on her own two feet and protect her two boys. She's recovering from a bad marriage and her trust and faith in the opposite sex leaves
Amy  Crull
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Monique Tinline
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
 photo 12516825_10208063953377144_1111376284_o.jpg

Uncovering Hope was my favourite of this whole series, dont get me wrong I thoroughly enjoyed the previous two, but there was something about Carly throughout them all that had me looking forward to this book from the start.

Carly is a single mum of two adorable boys that we meet in book 1, being a single mum, working and having a job has been hard but with the help of her brother she has been able to manage, but with Tate and Evie planning on getting married, she feels like its time to stand
The Wandering Bookaholic
** ARC provided in exchange of an honest review **

MegL
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After losing faith in men, Carly knows one thing for sure, she isn't the naive girl that she once was before. As she learns to stand on her own two feet, she does everything in her power to make sure her boys come first. The only time Derek has for women is when they're helping him get off and then he goes on his way. Then he meets Carly again and she turns him down AGAIN. Now he can't get her off of his mind and he'll do anything in his power to have her. He just didn't expect to fall for her ...more
Dawn
Apr 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Diva's review *****!!! Out of all 3 books, this one was by far my favorite by! I loved the fast pace and I just could not stop turning the page no matter how late it was! I loved Carly and Dereks story! We finally got to find out how Carly came about to be living with Tate from book 1! And lets not forget about the rock star drummer Derek with a heart of gold! Both of them come from a past that breaks them but together they find peace. We all long to find that kind of love! While Carly pushes ...more
Diane
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favourite of the series!

I love this series and couldnt wait to hear Carlys story. These reads have been all about family and drama and love all the good things I crave! Carly was starting a new life for her family and was doing everything she could to leave the past behind Her career, her boys were everything and she didnt take the help from her circle of family and friends for granted. Everything was ticking along until life threw a few more curves

And Derek Taylors curves were spectacular!
Deb
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It had been a couple of weeks since I finished Uncovering Desire, so I had to refresh the characters in my mind as I started reading Uncovering Hope. Author Shea threw me off and I wasnt for sure who Carly was really falling for. This story was a little intense as I just knew that Carlys ex, Josh, would show up, but WOW! Several I didnt see that coming moments in this book! There were plenty of heartwarming and heart stopping moments as well. This book is a great introduction to the 3 Ugly Guys ...more

• One Night to Fall (Kinney Brothers, #1)
  • Huge x2 (Huge, #2)
  • Breaking Defenses
  • Undercover Love
  • Holly Freakin' Hughes
  • Blindsided
  • Riding Curves
  • Only Ever You
  • Something So: The Complete Series (Something So, #1-4)
  • Billionaire Boss: A Secret Baby Romance
  • A Billionaire Gentleman (The Holden Brothers #1)
  • Filthy Mistake
  • Focused
  • The Power to Break (The Unbreakable Thread, #1)
  • Taming Hollywood's Baddest Boy
  • Dirty Laundry (Get Dirty, #2)
  • Codename Romeo (Rogues and Rescuers Book 1)
  • Ayden (Wild Men #4)
Join Kacey's newsletter to receive a free book ↦ http://www.subscribepage.com/kaceyshe...

Kacey Shea is a USA Today bestselling author of steamy contemporary romance. She enjoys writing strong and smart heroines, heroes with hearts of gold, and stories that deliver a satisfying, well-earned happily ever after.

When she's not writing you will find her playing Uber to one of her three children,

Uncovering Love (4 books)
  • Uncovering Love
  • Uncovering Desire (Uncovering Love, #2)
  • Uncovering Forever (Uncovering Love, #4)