Start by marking “Adrienne's Awakening: Book One of The Mind Duology” as Want to Read:
Adrienne's Awakening: Book One of The Mind Duology

Adrienne's Awakening: Book One of The Mind Duology

Secrets are dangerous, but in this story, the mind that harbors them is more dangerous.

When twenty-year-old Adrienne Adams pictured her life after high school, she didn’t anticipate her grandmother’s strange revelation that she comes from a long line of people with supernatural abilities. She is a mind reader.

Adrienne’s life—complete with a surprise engagement she doesn’t
Published February 24th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Adrienne's Awakening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Adrienne's Awakening

Start your review of Adrienne's Awakening: Book One of The Mind Duology
Tasha  Ní Mhiacháin
Mar 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received a digital ARC of Adrienne’s Awakening in exchange for an honest review.

“If only I could make money reading books and mostly ignoring the outside world.”

I love Adrienne. While reading her story it felt like I was getting to know an actual person, rather than someone made up, and it’s not often I come away from a book feeling that. I like that she reacthed to things realistically, she closed herself off, got angry, had a cry, and let herself be.

The story had some other pretty great
Kirsty
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was ok
Thank you to Shayla Raquel and Mindy Schoeneman for sending me a copy of Adrienne's Awakening for review.

It truly pains me to say this but i Dnf'd this book on page 58 after spending a few pages forcing myself to read more. I should say at this point that i really dislike having to DNF a book especially one by a brand new Author, and that i hope my comments come as constructive input rather than a personal attack on the Author or the Book itself.

so my thoughts are as follows.

whilst i loved the
Sara
Mar 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: oh-my-arc
4 🌟

Thank you to the author Mindy Schoeneman and her editor Shayla Raquel for giving me the opportunity to read and review an advanced readers copy of Adrienne's Awakening! Pub date: March 24, 2020

So first off, I need to say that Mindy, you need to get on the next book asap!! Talk about a cliffhanger! I know not many readers like cliffhangers but I found it to be exciting and maddening (in a good way) because I'm dying to know what's going to happen next! Talk about a turn of events. Here's a qui
Bekah B
Jul 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
It's very easy for this type of YA Paranormal Fantasy book to turn out lame and I'll be completely honest and admit that I wasn't really expecting great things from this book. I think partly because of what I've just said, partly because I've never heard of anyone talking about this author and partly because most fantasy just isn't really my thing. However, I am so glad that I gave it a chance. I really enjoyed the story, I liked Adrienne and could relate to some of the things she did or felt, a ...more
Mcf1nder_sk
Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was recently introduced to a new author, @mindyschoeneman, whose first novel, Adrienne's Awakening, was just released March 24th. As a big supporter of indie authors, I was more than happy to check out this work.
20-year-old Adrienne's world is turned upside down when her grandmother tells her that she can read minds. What's worse is that people are after her because of this talent she didn't even know existed. With plenty of action and twists sure to keep the reader off-balance, this is a ro
stephanie
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Adriennes Awakening
- Secrets are dangerous—but in this story, the mind that harbors them is more dangerous.
This was a instant hit for me.
The book jumps right into Adrienne's life, everything is explained/described beautifully.
It will keep you hooked from beginning to the very end.
Alana Bloom
(2.5)
Adrienne's Awakening is a fascinating exploration into metaphysical fiction filled to the brim with psychic abilities and a shadow organization with a hidden agenda. Schoeneman penned an intriguing mystery with beautifully detailed settings that complemented the slow world-building carefully revealed to readers as Adrienne discoveries buried truths.

I struggled a bit with Adrienne from the start. The drama with her boyfriend Calvin felt completely out of place especially since it was never
Marisa Waldner Porter
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Adrienne basically has to play a life and death game blindfolded... It’s exciting and fast-paced and mysterious... If you like mysteries, or the supernatural, or psychological complexities, you’ll love Adrienne’s Awakening.
Heather Trim
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous, mysterious read! Suspicious of everyone and reeling from the ending, I thoroughly enjoyed this book of unique abilities and characters.
S.J. Siedenburg
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I seriously enjoyed reading Adrienne's Awakening by Shoeneman! The novel is well-paced, intriguing, and got me hooked immediately. After the first couple chapters I was speeding through the pages to get to the end.

Shoeneman's cast of characters are vivid, the plot twisting, and narrative well-written. I'm definitely buying Shoeneman's sequel to Adrienne's Awakening—I can't wait to find out what will happen next for Adrienne and the rest of the cast.

If you are a sci-fi/supernatural fan at all,
Dan
May 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, fantasy-sci-fi
I really enjoyed Adrienne's Awakening! I'm also very glad that there will be a second book, as I ended with more questions than I had halfway through. Suspenseful and tense, I always found myself wanting to read just one more chapter...and then just one more. I can't wait to read the next book to see how the story concludes!
Nicole
Mar 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Synopsis: “Secrets are dangerous-but in this story, the mind that harbors them is more dangerous.” Twenty year old Adrienne finds out her mother and grandmother have been keeping a big secret from her. She comes from a line of people with special mind abilities. Specifically, they are mind readers. Along with this revelation is the fact that someone bad is after Adrienne, and her family and friends need to do everything they can to keep her and her abilities safe.

I thought this book was very we
Gaby (Living in Libros)
Thank you to Shayla Raquel and Mindy Schoeneman for sending me a copy of Adrienne's Awakening for review!

Adrienne's Awakening hooked me from the start. Adrienne's is just a normal college student with a wild imagination and vivid dreams but when her grandmother reveals that Adrienne has telepathic abilities her life takes a turn.

Adrienne's abilities are actually genetic and both her mother and grandmother possess these powers. Because of these generational abilities, Schoeneman alternates POVs b
Ellen Smith
Oct 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love a fast-paced, psychological thriller and this book kept me on the edge of my seat through every twist and turn! I was especially interested because this story takes a unique angle on telepathy—it’s one of my favorite topics in speculative fiction books, but this book blew me away! I was enthralled seeing the world through Adrienne’s eyes!
Alexandra Mack
Ilona Peters
May 22, 2020
Lauren Wassel
Jul 07, 2020

• Intentional Abduction (Alien Abduction, #2)
  • Under Ordshaw
  • Alien Prisoner (Alien Invasion, #2)
  • The Wicked Woods (Monstrous Tales, #1)
  • Gettin' Lucky (Holidays of Love, #1)
  • The Wicked Wolf (Monstrous Tales, #2)
  • City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)
  • Hands Off (Love in the Suburbs, #3)
  • Sext Addict
  • In Bed with the Earl (Lost Lords of London, #1)
  • Luck of the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #2)
  • The Sexy One (One Love, #1)
  • Hers to Tame (NOLA Knights, #2)
  • The Honey-Don't List
  • Rising Star (Starstruck, #2)
  • Fire Possessed (Twin Rivers Possession, #1)
  • Heart of the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #3)
  • Mated on Hades (Celestial Mates)
Mindy Schoeneman has worked with horses and people, zeros and ones. She’s been an adventurer in the Philippines and across the United States. She’s survived a divorce, given birth to three children, and made it through three home purchases without going through a second divorce. She’s always had stories to tell, and Adrienne’s Awakening is her first official leap into telling fictional stories pub ...more

News & Interviews