Start by marking “Plague Arcanist (Frith Chronicles, #4)” as Want to Read:
Plague Arcanist (Frith Chronicles, #4)

Plague Arcanist

(Frith Chronicles #4)

Deserts. Rogues. A secret hidden in an underground maze.

Every moment counts as Volke Savan races south to the city of New Norra. His goal: find Theasin Venrover, the famous artificer who may have a cure for the arcane plague. Separated from most of the Frith Guild—and even his sister—Volke must rely on the crew of the airship, the Sun Chaser, to help him find Theasin in ti
Published May 26th 2020 by Capital Station Books

To ask other readers questions about Plague Arcanist, please sign up.
Shami Stovall Book 5 should release sometime in Nov/Dec this year! <3

Start your review of Plague Arcanist (Frith Chronicles, #4)
A.D.
May 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The creaks of wood fill the air as the airship, the Sun Chaser, ascends. Volke is on a mission, and that is to find a cure to the plague before it takes a hold on him. With his two friends and a grudging crew, he journeys across the skies in hopes of finding the one person he knows who could have the cure, Theasin Venrover. There is one problem however, Theasin hasn’t been seen lately, and even if Volke can find him he may not even help him. But as his search continues, he encounters many obstac ...more
BooksCoffee
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Stovall outdoes herself as she continues the Frith Chronicles with this fourth installment, a tale brimming with magical intrigue and an endearing team of skilled misfits.

After getting infected, Volke Savan has no option other than to find Theasin Venrover, the malevolent artificer, who holds the key to the cure of the arcane plague. But there are treacherous mazes with death traps, and the dread Pirate Calisto is back with a vengeance.

The shifting network of enemies and Stovall’s skill with h
Tharsult
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This author continues to be one of my favorite ever. Her characters and magic system are amazing, and the world building continues apace. The most interesting element of this book, however, is that I feel we finally see the "true, final" enemy of the series, and learn the immensity of what Volke and gang are up against.

This book features some returning characters that didn't get alot of screen time, as well as some entirely new ones I can't wait to see in the future, both good and bad. It incre
Mary Yarde
Jun 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing

"Real life isn't like a heroic story written for children."

Volke Savan had once dreamed of being a hero, of being a great arcanist. He had been so blinded by his dream that he failed to understand what the word "hero" actually meant. But now, he knew. He now knew that heroes endured great hardship and suffering not so they could bask in their own glory. Heroes endured because they had to, and sometimes they had to do things that they did not want to do. Volke had to leave his beloved Frith Guild
Aiden Wilker
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Jun 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
Plague Arcanist is the fourth book in the Frith Chronicles and you really do need to read them in order. The question should be "Why wouldn't you?" This is an amazing fantasy series with amazing characters and abilities, set in a world that will take your breath away!

I'm not giving out any spoilers when I say Volke is infected with the plague. Not only does this happen at the end of book three but the very title sort of gives it away! 😉 Volke feels he has no choice but to go it alone as he is te
Leah (White Sky Project)
Shelves: reviews
Another wild and fantastic ride. This series does not disappoint.

Writing and pacing are still great. I enjoyed all the subplots and storylines. Great characters, as always. Volke is with a different group of people in this one, so it was interesting and fun. The world building is still amazing. There's more new characters and magical creatures! And fascinating histories and concepts, too. Same with the previous books, the last few pages - INSANE.

Read this series, my peeps. READ IT.

Full review he
Devin Steidel
Simply amazing

I have really enjoyed this series. And The Plague Arcanist was my favorite thus far. I can not wait for the next book in the series. Shami Stoval story just sucks you in and you can't wait for more.
Justin
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I cried tears of joy and I read it twice.
sara
So good!

As always, such a good continuation of the story with twists and turns and epic adventure! Love this series 🥰
Adam Davis
May 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Literally my favorite series right now.

It is SUCH a joy to find a series like this on Kindle unlimited. I always eagerly await the next installment, and devour them as soon as they come out. Absolutely 100% recommend.
Justin Richardson
May 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great journey

Fantastic story. Really liked we got to see some of the other characters interact with each other and grow and look into the depth of there character, ideals, and just how they view the choices they make in their life. Can't wait for the world to expand and meet some new and old characters and how they interact with Volke and vice versa.
Amanda Scott-Toney
May 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!

Now I’m left on the edge waiting for the next one! I can’t express how amazing the story is. I wouldn’t change a single thing. Every time a new book is out I can’t put it down. The world is amazing, the magic is exciting, and pirates! With ships! I cannot get enough and can’t wait for the next one! Loved it and wish I could give more stars!
Toby Hess
May 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In Love

I cannot get enough of this series! I look forward to reading the next book! You are a very talented writer.
Andrew Lukyanenko
May 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book! It was interesting to see the enemy mastermind, more information about the world and an unique cure for the plague.
Kyle Russell
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I started reading this series because of an ad on Facebook. It looked interesting and was a similar genre to what I usually read.

It was the best decision I could have ever made. This series is amazing. I read from the beginning of the first book to the end of the most recent one in the course of a week. I could not put the books down. I can count on one hand the number of authors that I can say that about.

The characters in the books are well developed, and the magic system is incredible and one-
Andover Library
Aug 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The fourth book in the brilliant Frith Chronicles see’s Volke on the search for a cure for the arcane plague. Picking up right where Coliseum Arcanist left off, Volke along with Adelgis and the plague immune Fain, set off in search of Adelgis’ father in the hope that has indeed found a cure for the plague.

Of course, being Volke, nothing is ever simple and despite his ever increasing worry about the time constraints of finding a cure he stops the hunt to help several other people along the way.
Santhiya
Oct 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the fourth book in the series and it is best to read it in order of the series.

The story picks up where the third book left off and we journey with the protagonist and his friends to find a cure for the plague. We meet new characters, old enemies and the villains of the series. The book was adventurous and thrilling in places and reflective at others. Again the fantasy setting was amazing and the build up was better than the first book.
Kaze Fyrus
Fascinating World

This series has some of the most fun and engaging world-building I’ve ever read. The immense varieties of arcanists and their abilities, as well as the awesome characters make every book in this series a joy to read. I devoured this book in a day and I cannot wait for the next one.
Fayth
good book

this was a great book can’t wait for book five hope it comes out soon can’t wait for what’s next in the story
Tejas
Amazing

Another great addition to the series. Watching Volke grown and deal with his new problems was a great addition. I cannot wait for the next book.
Margaret Adelle
Jul 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have long since been a huge Shami Stovall fan, so I was happy to get this book for review. Just a heads up, there will be spoilers for the ending of the 3rd book, as the plot of this one revolves what happens at the end.

With the ending of the third book as gigantic as it was, I was anxious to see how it would play out in this one. And it definitely starts out more despondent than the others. Gone is the usual excitement over the next quest. In fact, Volke spends a while even wondering if endi
Joshua Hicken
Dec 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a great book. I wasn't sure what was going to happen, because of where the last book leaves Volke, but i felt this book switched it up enough that it felt fresh and exciting again. I'm excited to read the next one and i feel like Shami Stovall has a good handle on where the series is going.
Wow, so much to talk about with just this one though.
Light Spoilers
(view spoiler)
Jenny Schultz
Dec 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Why

In next book It makes no sense that Atty would be allowed to obsess over her ascension. They all just let her do that. And the main character almost complete lack of advice that is helpful is frustrating. He or the teacher should at least have her focus on what her eldrin values and attempting to represent those values in such a genuine way she becomes a living representation. His lack of awareness of who he is and how he became what he is now. Just show there isn't any real learning in these
Holly
Feb 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
M.T. DeSantis
Shelves: goddess-fish, fantasy, ya
I received this book for an honest review. All opinions expressed are my own.

Follow the Goddess Fish book tour here.
There are few things more awesome than being able to review books you love. Okay, one better thing: being able to review a series you love. I’m still loving the heck out of this series, and I can’t wait for the next (and I think final) book. But then, I thought this was a trilogy, so… “Please, sir, may I have some more?” In whatever amount it comes? Thank you.
This picks up right a
Kyle Adams
Oct 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I leave Plague Arcanist conflicted.

This book is great. It provides depths to characters I didn't know could have any. It really introduces a lot of nuance to the conflict, and explores every choice made in the mind-blowing book three. This book blows the world of the Frith Chronicles wide open.

Too open.

Plague Arcanist answers too many questions. Volke grows too much in power, too quickly, leaving less room for future advancement. I know too much about the past, the bad guys' goals, the way the c
Henriette
Dec 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
The book picks up right after the events of the last one. Volke got infected with the plague, and Karna takes him aboard the Sun Chaser. He is accompanied by Fain, as he is immune, and Adelgis, who wants to help Volke find his father Theasin as he might have a cure.

The book is split into two parts. The first part is a classical adventure. Volke and his friends travel from one place to the next to find a cure. The other is situated in the past and reveals a little bit more about Zeefree.

While I
Ahern Family
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing tales of pirates and overcoming all

I will try and make this spoiler free but there are small details I will be mentioned, but they won’t matter to the overall read but keep that in mind if you proceed.

Wow. I cruised through this book in 1 day. Very few Book series have captured my attention like this one has.

What I liked-
-Watching the characters grow
-Exploring more of the secrets that we saw last book
-Learning about characters pasts and visiting old ones
-All things to do with the magic
Erik Sapp
Jun 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
The author keeps getting better and better as she goes along. This one was amazing! (I admit to skipping ahead to see how it ended, then going back and reading the rest of the way.)

This book lost one star for two reasons. First, I feel it is too long. The part when they are in the city really seemed to drag on. (That was when I skipped and read the end.) Second, the ending is too pat. Once the final battle happened, everything just wrapped up all nice and neat.

• The Lost City of Ithos (Mage Errant #4)
  • A Traitor in Skyhold (Mage Errant #3)
  • Jewel of the Endless Erg (Mage Errant #2)
  • Burning Core (School of Swords and Serpents, #4)
  • The Torch that Ignites the Stars (Arcane Ascension, #3)
  • Wintersteel (Cradle, #8)
  • Disciple of War (Art of the Adept Book 4)
  • Iron Prince (Warformed: Stormweaver, #1)
  • Street Cultivation 3
  • Into the Labyrinth (Mage Errant #1)
  • The Second Expedition (A Thousand Li, #4)
  • Sake and Satin: An Erotic Tale of Asian Masters
  • Ace Lewis, International Agent: A Hard Man for a Hard Job
  • Only Mostly Devastated
  • Throwing Hearts
  • How to Elude a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #2)
  • Chaos Core (School of Swords and Serpents, #3)
  • Primal's Wrath (The Magician's Brother, #6)
Shami Stovall is a multi-award-winning author of fantasy and science fiction, with several best-selling novels under her belt. Before that, she taught history and criminal law at the college level, and loved every second. When she’s not reading fascinating articles and books about ancient China or the Byzantine Empire, Stovall can be found playing way too many video games, especially RPGs and tact ...more

Frith Chronicles (7 books)
  • Knightmare Arcanist (Frith Chronicles, #1)
  • Dread Pirate Arcanist (Frith Chronicles, #2)
  • Coliseum Arcanist (Frith Chronicles, #3)
  • World Serpent Arcanist (Frith Chronicles, #5)
  • Arcanist Fables (Frith Chronicles, #5.5)
  • Warlord Arcanist (Frith Chronicles, #6)