Start by marking “Been There Done That (Leffersbee, #1)” as Want to Read:
Been There Done That (Leffersbee, #1)

Been There Done That

(Leffersbee #1)

Theirs was a forever kind of love, until it was stolen.

ZORA LEFFERSBEE’S once perfect life is no longer perfect. Her tenure at the University is in question, funding for her employees uncertain, and her faux-fiancé, Jackson James’s unpredictability is wearing on her last nerve. Just when Zora is convinced things can’t get more complicated, life proves her wrong.

What the he
Published March 31st 2020 by Smartypants Romance

To ask other readers questions about Been There Done That, please sign up.
Rhonda Pierson No cliffhanger, but it does make you yearn to know what happens to the next couple!

Start your review of Been There Done That (Leffersbee, #1)
lazybookconqueror
Be still my heart ❤️

description

This is the story of Zora Leffersbee and Nick Rossi - the one that got away. Literally. After secretly proposing to his childhood sweetheart at age 17, Nick finds himself in a difficult situation and decides to skip town, leaving Zora only with a small note.

Zora is heartbroken, but life must go on. 12 years later she bumps straight into him. She's working nonstop to guarantee tenure at her University, but it so happens that Nick needs help with the project she's working with.
Penny Reid
Apr 01, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition

** NOW AVAILABLE IN KINDLE UNLIMITED **
GAH! You can finally grab 'Been There Done That' by Hope Ellis FREE in Kindle Unlimited! Go forth and do the thing!

** LINKS **
Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2sEcF4a
Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/2uafgmG
Amazon CA: https://amzn.to/37eZEge
Amazon AU: https://amzn.to/30DJvi9

** BLURB **

DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

“You remind me of that stripper in the movie. The really big one? Dark hair?” I coughed. “Uh, stripper?” One corner of her mouth went up in a sly smile. “Don’t sound so shocked. I might look like an old lady to you, but this girl’s still got a little oil left in her can.”

By all rights, this guy should be a stooped-over accountant with the eyesight of a mole. Justice demands it.

I don’t want one of your conquests to brain me with a can of peas in the middle of the Piggly Wiggly and
zaira
“Zora, that’s us. It always has been. No matter what space, problems, or people were between us. We belong together. Fate wouldn’t have it any other way.”

Right off the bat, I was so excited about this book when it was announced. I’m a sucker for the second chance romance trope. The fact that this is set in a small town and also serving the childhood best friends to lovers trope just enticed me even more.

Nick and Zora are childhood friends turned lovers who got separated. They meet again 12
Smartypants Romance

** NOW AVAILABLE IN KU **
This fabulous second-chance romance from Hope Ellis takes place in Green Valley of the Penny Reid Universe. We’re excited to learn more about the Leffersbee Family!! You can check them out FREE in Kindle Unlimited!

** LINKS **
Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2sEcF4a
Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/2uafgmG
Amazon CA: https://amzn.to/37eZEge
Amazon AU: https://amzn.to/30DJvi9

** BLURB **

Theirs was a forever kind of love, until it was stolen.

ZORA LEFFERSBEE’S once perfect life is no longer
Lana لانا  (Bibliomedico)
For More Reviews , Interviews and Recommendations , Check Out My Blog : https://bibliomedico.wordpress.com/
********************
Thanks To the Author and the Publisher For Providing me With an Advance Reader Copy.
********************
The Authors of Smarty Pants Romance Continue  to provide us with amazing romance novels with great characters and interesting plot .

Been there done that , is an incredible second chance romance , with the most awesome characters I've read about this year .

I r
Hope Ellis
Mar 02, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

'Been There, Done That' is now free to borrow on Kindle Unlimited!!!!!
Nicole Emerald Book Reviews  McCurdy
Been There Done That: The Leffersbee series book #1 by Hope Ellis

#Review

#SmartypantsRomance

#ComingSoon

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘“I don’t wanna go back, Zora.” It wasn’t me saying it. The words took on a life of their own, slid past my mouth, crawled, arrowed to her. “Not without you. I want you back. I want us back.”

“I’m trying to be an adult. I’m trying to be a professional, a colleague, your friend, as much as it hurts. Isn’t that enough?” Her voice cracked and she closed her eyes as she sighed out, “Haven’t you
Korrie’s Korner
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
3.75-4 stars for Hope Ellis’ debut novel!

“When I left here, I left a part of me with her. It’s always been her for me. She’s all I’ve ever wanted. She’s all I’ll ever want.”

I absolutely love second chance romances, especially when they loved each other as kids, and on in their teenage years. I also love interracial romances so this was a win win situation for me from page 1.

What I loved about this book was Zora, and her strength of not only being a Doctor, but how smart she was, and incredibly
Nerdread
Apr 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Am i the only one who got Lauren and Cameron from Love is Blind Netflix show vibe from the couple in the book!?!? They’re totally similar and it made me appreciate the book even more!!

I surprisingly enjoyed it more than I thought I would to be honest! Second chance romance is one of my least favorite trope in books so when I started reading this book my expectations were moderately low. But the book handled certain situations that are often found in second chance romance very well and I wasn't
bruna
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs-2020, 2020
"All I want is you. I want to live with you, laugh with you, make love with you. Have kids with your hair and heart. And then make up with you over all the stupid things I'm sure I'll do."

“Been There Done That” is a second chance romance that follows the story of Zora Leffersbee and Nick Armstrong. They were friends since their childhood, but during their last year of high school, Nick left without explanation. After 12 years apart, he goes back to Green Valley determined to apologize and
Tina
Thus was a nice little read.

I thought the author did a good job of creating a deep background for the main characters of Zora and Nick. The chemistry between them was great. And I believed in their second chance romance.

I especially enjoyed Zora's work and the author's depiction of it in the course of the story. I work in Higher ed so I always enjoy when higher ed gets represented fairly accurately in romance novels, which is rarer that you might think.

And finally, the supporting characters were
Antonella
for second chance romance to work I need some significant reason for the separation & grovel but both things were just really meh here... everything felt flat... and even though the side characters were cute & funny, I am not even sure I want to read more about them...
as romance book this was disappointing
but as a debut novel, this is a promising work

2,5 stars

Come_read_with_me_
5++++ Stars

I can't even begin to explain how much I loved this book!! Fake relationships, childhood sweethearts, second chance romance oh this book had it all!! It genuinely had me gripped from the very first page!

Zora and Nick were childhood sweethearts. They challenged each other, grown up together and they knew from a very young age they had something special. They were soulmates, until one tragic night that changed everything.

Twelve years later, Nick reappears. Where has he been all this ti
Amy Dickinson
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Overall Grade: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

As I jumped into Hope Ellis’s Been There Done That, a SmartyPants Romance, I went in curious. I mean, in looking at her GoodReads profile, this is the only book attached to her page. Without any background, you hope for the best obviously. Given the other authors in the SmartyPants Romance universe, I expected insightful, nuanced storytelling, grounded by the Green Valley community surrounding the beloved Winston Family. After reading Ellis’s book, I realized very quickl
maggieandteddy
I've been meaning to read this since this book came out. I love so many of the smartypants books.
This takes place in Green Valley, TN, the home town of the Winston Bros (awesome series by Penny Reid). Zora Leffersbee is 2nd cousin to Simone Payton, who was the heroine in Dr Strange Beard. (Winston Bros book 5).
I will say that you could read this as a standalone. Really! Jackson James is a supporting character (and I do mean "character"). I won't spill too much about Jackson's role. He's pretty m
Brandy
Feb 08, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun debut novel by an author I will look for in the future. And, of course, I adore anything set in the Pennyverse of Penny Reid.
Erica Testa
Mar 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Been There Done That
“Been there done that” is a beautiful, heart warming second chance romance.

Nick and Zora were childhood sweethearts who life separated. Their story is character driven. As the story goes on, you are given insights into pieces of their past and the misunderstandings that accompany any love young story, especially one cut short. That being said- This story was absolutely unique and I never felt like our characters, past or present, were immature. They became mature far before
M.E. Carter
Now I want to marry into the Lefferbee family!
Lady Heather
PUBLICATION DATE: MARCH 31, 2020

"I'm voluntarily reading an ARC of this book which has been provided by SmartyPantsRomance in exchange for an honest review."
LianaReads blog
Mar 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Blog tour https://lianareads.home.blog/2020/04/...

A very well written second chance love story with great characters and interesting ways to find their happily ever after.
It’s a slow burn romance about two lives that even after many years apart can’t get over their love for each other.
I’m always looking forward to going back in the Green Valley and to have read about that Easter egg that I’m so intrigued it’s a big bonus in this book.
Can’t wait to read more books by the author becau
E-Reader Addict
I love a good second-chance romance! Is Been There Done That a good one? Well...not quite.

Zora and Nick were the best of friends growing up, which then turned into young love when they were in high school. But shortly after making plans to get married and leave Green Valley after graduating, Nick gets himself into some trouble and leaves Zora behind with only a short five sentence note. Devastated, Zora goes on with her life.

Twelve years later, Nick shows up back in Green Valley as a successful
Lenore Kosinski
Mar 30, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc

I received a free copy through Smartypants Romance in exchange for an honest and unbiased review/opinion.

3.5 stars — This one started off as a solid 4 star, and I was really intrigued about what went down that caused Nick to leave, and how their reunion was going to go. Both characters seemed solid and likeable. I loved the ownvoices aspect to Zora. And I’m always down for a book with smart/nerdy characters. It wasn’t more than 4 stars because something ab
Kahea

Check out an Excerpt HERE

***4 ‘#TeamZora’ Stars***

This was a fun read, a little slow at times, but overall a fun read chock full of the things I love about Green Valley while getting to know a whole new set of characters that I’m looking forward to getting to know a whole lot better.

Zora and Nick. Zora I really liked. She may be on the more introspective, quieter side of the scales, she isn’t without spine and I really liked watching as that spine got stronger as the story progressed. Nick.
Paula  Phillips
The second round of Smartypants Romance novels includes the start of a new series called "The Leffersbee Series' and the introduction to a new author Hope Ellis. The Leffersbee Series first book starts with the introduction of Nick Armstrong and Zora Leffersbee. The book starts with Nick getting into trouble after attacking the Iron Wraiths motorbikes and he is in hospital, it sounded like his mother was too. During his hospital visit, we have the Senior Sheriff Jackson James and the Mum and Dad ...more
Caitlin Reads
Apr 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am not usually a huge fan of second chance romances but this one was so well done I loved it! Zora and Nick were childhood sweethearts torn apart by circumstances out of their control. They run into each other 12 years later and Zora realizes Nick happens to be the person she needs to finish her project and ensure her tenure. The chemistry between Nick and Zora was undeniable and it was so fun to read how they came back together and supported each other. The secondary characters were also top ...more
Shanna Matheo
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very strong start! I will be keeping up with the Lefferbees.
Jessica Alcazar
My heart is a flutter people!!! *happy sigh*
Download your copy today or read in Kindle Unlimited!
Amazon US | Amazon UK
Amazon CA | Amazon AU

Why hasn’t Hope Ellis written a gazillion books I can read? *cries*

Okay, so this book had as many plot points I saw coming as it did twists I didn’t. It was kinda magical, predictable but yet not, cliché and a bit stereotypical but also refreshing … weird, I know, but it totally was! But the underlying angst thru the entire story stole my lit
Ezinwanyi Chinyere
3.5 Stars.
I am on the fence about this story. I sorta liked it but had issues with a couple of things mainly the character and plot development.

This was a basic second chance romance. Zora Leffersbee and Nick Rossi were childhood friends and they eventually fell in love. They planned to start their life together after high school but for no reason she understood, Nick left town one night with no explanation. Zora was heartbroken, but eventually moved on.

Twelve years later, when Zora's department
Lisa Mandina
Apr 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a really good, really intense romance. There was a lot going on between the characters, a lot of past between them to overcome or just remember and embrace. I really enjoyed all the banter that Zora and Nick had, with each other, as well as with the other characters in the story. I enjoyed the little connections to the Green Valley world that I love so much. But poor Sheriff Jackson James. Ugh! That boy needs to find his own true love! However we get more of him in this story, and many ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
I'm looking for a book that I read many years ago. 1 2 Jul 08, 2020 06:25PM

• The Treble With Men (Scorned Women's Society, #2)
  • Upsy Daisy
  • Carpentry and Cocktails (Green Valley Library, #5)
  • Cutie and the Beast (Cipher Office, #3)
  • Love in Deed (Green Valley Library #6)
  • Code of Honor (Cipher Security #2)
  • Batter of Wits (Love at First Sight, #2)
  • Beef Cake (Fighting for Love #2)
  • Stranger Ranger (Park Ranger, #2)
  • Eye Candy (Fighting for Love #3)
  • Steal My Magnolia (Love at First Sight, #3)
  • Dewey Belong Together (Green Valley Library, #7)
  • The One That I Want (Scorned Women's Society #3)
  • My Bare Lady (Scorned Women's Society, #1)
  • Give Love a Chai (Common Threads #2)
  • Mad About Ewe (Common Threads #1)
  • Street Smart (Work For It #1)
  • Weights of Wrath (Cipher Office, #4)
Hope Ellis believes romance novels can bring us all closer to world peace. She will never admit that she read her first romance in grade school, but accepts that she's completely addicted now.

Hope is a behavioral outcomes researcher by day and writes sexy romances featuring hot nerds and strong heroines by night. She hopes to one day conquer her habit of compulsively binge-watching "The Office."

News & Interviews