Start by marking “Ember Queen (Ash Princess Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Ember Queen (Ash Princess Trilogy, #3)

Ember Queen

(Ash Princess Trilogy #3)

The thrilling conclusion to the series that began with the instant New York Times bestseller "made for fans of Victoria Aveyard and Sabaa Tahir" (Bustle), Ember Queen is an epic fantasy about a throne cruelly stolen and a girl who must fight to take it back for her people.

Princess Theodosia was a prisoner in her own country for a decade. Renamed the Ash Princess, she
Published February 4th 2020 by Delacorte Press

To ask other readers questions about Ember Queen, please sign up.
June My interpretation is that the fire gem on the cover is the gem that Ampelio used to wear, and it is now worn by Theodosia.…moreMy interpretation is that the fire gem on the cover is the gem that Ampelio used to wear, and it is now worn by Theodosia. (less)

Start your review of Ember Queen (Ash Princess Trilogy, #3)
♠ TABI ♠
$10 says this is gonna be called Fire Queen or something similar . . .

Okay so EMBER IS CLOSE TO FIRE SO WOW WAS I RIGHT OR WAS I RIGHT???
Renaissance Kate
A fantastic end to an amazing trilogy! I never expected to fall in love with this story, these characters, and this world as much as I did. Of all the YA fantasy series I've read over the past year, this is the finale I looked forward to the most, and it definitely delivered.

Laura Sebastian continues to use this story to explore thought-provoking topics echoed throughout the trilogy, including morality in times of war and the idea that no person can be categorized simply as good or evil. Theo is
Jodi Meadows
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this series. I can't wait to see what Laura Sebastian has next.
Caylynn
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I made the mistake of reading the last few chapters (AKA the final battle and the aftermath) at work AND I AM NOT OKAY. I couldn't outwardly express my feelings, guys. THIS BOOK HAD ME LIKE-

Full review to come!
--------------------------

How did I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS COVER REVEAL.

I need this book nooooooooooooow
Crescentdoe
Jul 11, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Heron: *breathes*
Me: preCiOuS sMoL cHiLd I MuST pRoTeCC
*mk*
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a trilogy I have really enjoyed and overall I would give the whole thing 4 stars. HOWEVER, I can also admit that it also isn't bringing anything new to the table. There's a love triangle, a final battle, triumphs and defeats, and some loss. I can't even say for sure what stands out about this series to me, except that I liked it. I found the main character compelling, as well as her relationship with the big bad of the series (though I wish it had been a bit more developed). I liked her ...more
Rachel (Royal_Reading_Company)
Actual rating: 3.5 stars.

This one was my least favorite of the series. It wasn't a bad ending or a bad book, but I felt it was a little lackluster for a series finale. Theo got on my nerves a lot because she just felt like she was trying so hard to be a martyr... or just like she blamed herself so much that it got really annoying. I just felt a little let down, I guess. I will say that these covers are so gorgeous!
Diamond
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"This throne is mine, and mine alone, and I am no longer afraid of it."

OMG!! I can't believe I finished these series! It is so pure and magical and I definitely know that I'll read them again and again) Many Thanks Laura Sebastian♥ I had a wonderful journey!
Laura ☾
Mar 01, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
As a finale, this was a bit underwhelming. While not bad per se, it just didn't feel all that gripping, and was far too predictable..
Circi
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
DOES ANYONE HAVE AN EXACT RELEASE DATE OR ARE WE JUST GUESSING SOMETIME AROUND NEXT FEBRUARY?!?!?!
Anna Bright
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, fantasy
solid. an entirely satisfying ending. also, laura sebastian's writing is just.... really good, you guys.
Brooklyn Tayla
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Utterly phenomenonal. Full RTC. Thank you Pan Macmillan Australia for sending me a copy to read and review :)
Lynne ♠ The Book Dragon ♠
I NEED a cover and title for this so bad!!!
Tabor
I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review from NetGalley

Well, it's the final book in the series and it was definitely an interesting ride. When I first read "Ash Princess", I was taken in by the concept and the character of Theodosia, who was held captive and tortured by the conqueror of her country, Astrea. The series was obviously influenced by the Roman Empire and its expansion, which stretched far and effectively acculturated diverse cultures. Theodosia's story is told through the
Laurie
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars rounded up! Fantastic ending to this series. Bittersweet that the "Ash Princess Trilogy" has come to an end, but completely elated at it's conclusion. I shed a few tears. I think this is a very over looked series, due to its slow start. Ash Princess and Lady Smoke are two books with very slow starts, that offer at lot of strategic story building rather than epic cliffhanger battles, but the story always delivers.

There was much of the same in Ember Queen however, the growth across
Jem
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to @macmillanaus for sending me a copy for review. This is the last book in the series and it did not disappoint, I really enjoyed the end to this series. Theo has come a long way since the first book, I loved the way her character has grown and developed throughout the series. In this one she is starting to come to learn more about her gifting and how to use and control it. Soren has also grown throughout the series as well and I loved the way his story arc ended. I really enjoyed ...more
Lacy
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to like this series so much more than I did but I just never really cared for any of the characters. I tried. I really did. It just felt like a generic Fantasy formula. The ending was also very anticlimactic. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it. If I had to rate them, Lady Smoke was my favorite of the series, then Ash Princess, and I enjoyed Ember Queen the least. 🤷♀ ...more
Kenzis Clair
This book was both captivating and dull, suspenseful and slow, brilliant and inane. With that said (and don't let my rating fool you), I loved it. I finished it within a day of purchasing it, just as I did the two previous books in the trilogy because I couldn't put it down. For those who don't want a spoiler-filled review, here are my ratings for certain aspects of the book with a few paragraphs to comment on each:

Summary: ****
Cover: ****
Plot: **
Characterization: ****
Writing-Style: ****
E
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
okay but like Theo better choose Blaise over Søren, i swear if she doesnt i will cry. ...more
Kelly (Diva Booknerd)
Queen Theodosia Eirene Houzzara is reclaiming Astrea from the Kalovaxian Empire, her homeland, her birthright and the freedom for Astrea from oppression and servitude. Theodosia has returned from the Fire Mine, stoking her ability to bring forth the blaze she needs to defend Crescentia, her former friend and now Kaiserin. The Kaiser slain by his forced bride's hand. Queen Theodosia is amassing her army of guardians and warriors to storm and lay siege to the capital, liberating those taken into ...more
Eleni
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sina Stein
Feb 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great ending for this trilogy! The plot was always exciting and it never got boring. All the characters acted great together. I especially loved Arts development and her interacting with Theo. I would have liked a more detailed representation of the end, but otherwise it was ok. ...more
StarsEternal
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
That was satisfying.
Sandra
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very slow beginning and build up, but ultimately, a satisfying ending that wraps up the story very nicely. More of a 3.5 because I wasnt really overly invested.

The series began with so many tropes and cliches, then moved away and managed to go its own path. I especially enjoyed the twist with the antagonist at the end of book 2, and how the antagonist continued to develop in this book.
Brittany

4 Stars!!

"This throne is mine, and mine alone, and I am no longer afraid of it."

Overall Series: 4/5 Stars!!
Writing 4/5
Pace 4/5
World 4/5
Characters 4/5
Plot 5/5

Whelp!!! Its over and I am sad - but I am NOT sad about the way it ended... I am Sad about one thing- and if you read it YOU KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!!

Yeah that part was sad - but the rest... the rest was amazing! Such a fabulous ending to a beloved series! Theo really stepped into her calling and her team rallied and it was just
Bhaavya Srivastava
I need to read it so bad! It's literally torture to wait till 2020!
Alex
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
MyMoonlightBird
Mar 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
* You need to have read the previous entries to fully understand this story.

Theo is free and with her growing group of rebels she sets of on a quest to recapture her throne. After the events of the previous book, she has gained a mayor advantage on her rival Cress. First however, she wants to set more of her people free, but not everything is as it seems and Theo needs to learn a lot before she will be queen again.

Pro's:
+ The story was very interesting, Theo has to go through even more hardships
Jypsy
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you FFBC and Delacorte for a complimentary copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

Ember Queen
By: Laura Sebastian

*REVIEW* ☆☆☆☆
I actually started reading Ash Princess a few years ago but never finished it until recently. Of course, Lady Smoke followed in quick succession, and I was then fortunate to receive a gifted copy of Ember Queen. The stars aligned! As trilogies go, I'm always sad when they end, and this was no exception. I've come to know and love
kellie ♡
Mar 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
1) Ash Princess ★★★★
2) Lady Smoke ★★★
3) Ember Queen ★★★★

'Do you want an apology?'
If she offered one, I wouldn't accept it anyway.

"I want that throne," I tell her instead.

DAMN. Theo CAME for her crown.

I originally thought this book would be a chore to get through considering how I started to kinda fall out of love with the story during Lady Smoke.

But this was a pleasant surprise and I think mainly because of how this was really focused on Cress and Theo and their relationship. The poetic
All About Fantasy!: * March BOTM Series Continuation - Ember Queen 2 6 Mar 14, 2020 04:16PM

• The Shadows Between Us
  • A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2)
  • The Tea Dragon Festival (Tea Dragon, #2)
  • The Queen's Assassin (Queen's Secret, #1)
  • House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City, #1)
  • The Warrior's Curse (The Traitor's Game #3)
  • All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)
  • Nameless Queen
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • Crown of Coral and Pearl (Crown of Coral and Pearl, #1)
  • The Beholder (The Beholder, #1)
  • Lifestyles of Gods and Monsters
  • Not Your Idol, Vol. 1
  • サムライ8 八丸伝 1 (Samurai 8: The Tale of Hachimaru, #1)
  • 思い、思われ、ふり、ふられ 1 [Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare 1]
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • The Raven and the Dove (The Raven and the Dove, #1)
  • Night Flights (Mortal Engines Quartet, #0.5)
I write YA books and I'm also entrusted with taking care of other people's children. I write books about girls who are strong in all different ways, usually with a healthy dollop of magic and a few dragons.

I live in NYC with my extraordinarily fluffy dog, Neville.

Ash Princess Trilogy (3 books)
  • Ash Princess (Ash Princess Trilogy, #1)
  • Lady Smoke (Ash Princess Trilogy, #2)