Start by marking “Buried” as Want to Read:
Buried

Buried

Home is where the heart is ... or the hatred.
You can feel the love and care someone puts into their home just by walking into it. Equally, you can feel the hatred and malice when you step into a home where dark deeds have been done.

Alex and his team of so-called paranormal investigators are given the opportunity of a lifetime when they are able to film inside one of the
Published October 15th 2019 by Self-Published

To ask other readers questions about Buried, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buried

Start your review of Buried
Sian Claven
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is the best book I have ever written. I have complete faith that everyone will enjoy it!
Samantha
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been devouring my collection of Claven's books and this one was next on the list. The cover, as usual with her books, is stunning and scary. I couldn't wait to dive into the story.
The first chapter demonstrated writing that was fabulously clear and on point, as well as set up a plot that drew me right into the thick of things, or should I say "underground."
As the story moved along, things got creepier and darker, until I felt the breathless fear of being in a nightmare where you just can
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg. I picked this book up at the right time. I needed something different and something that was gonna grab my attention. Well horror is kinda different for me and wow did this book suck me in. I started and basically didn’t put my kindle down until I’d finished reading it all.

Alex is a paranormal investigator. He craves his big story and believes the story of The Jackson Mansion is the story he’s been looking for. Along with his team he gets permission to investigate the mansion and nothing w
Yolanda Olson
Aug 21, 2019 rated it liked it
An advanced copy of this book was provided to me by the author in exchange for feedback and an honest review.

Please note:
1. Feedback has been provided directly to the author and I will not be posting it.
2. I will read the book again when it releases and update my review accordingly.

Jackson Mansion.
Once you enter, you can never leave.
Or can you?

In Buried we meet a team of ghost hunters. Alex, the head of this little troupe has been dying to investigate the infamous mansion in a quest to debunk
Mary S.
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow wow wow!! I can't for the life of me express how much I enjoy reading this story. It had all kinds of so horrific and twisted moments that like I say I don't know how to put it in words to describe this haunting horror twisted tale. The think I can say that it was the most spooky read I have had so far in this year.
Kim Friant
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Claven has become one of my all time favorite horror authors! She doesn’t pull any punches and writes some of the scariest and most disturbing stuff I’ve ever read! Buried is just such an example. While not quite as perverted as her Asylum books, it’s still explicit and frightening! It reminds me a lot of Grace Encounters, which if you have not seen, you should watch. A TV crew goes into a haunted mansion looking for a great story and some freaky shots, but what they find is not what they expect ...more
Terry
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Audiobook review
This book was interesting & scary & gruesome in parts.
Loved it. Paranormally spooky & so dark.
Fab.

Narrator was great, kept the spookiness going so well.
Joni Janice Mielke
Jul 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
*Audiobook Review*

Sian Claven's horror story harkens back to the best haunted house movies I've seen, and further back still with its tribute to Shirley Jackson, author of The Haunting of Hill House.

A film crew, intent on debunking more myths surrounding the ghostly activities and eerie murders that take place in the Jackson mansion, embark on a mission that will have dangerous - an oftentimes deadly - consequences for each person. If you go in, you don't come out. The secrets and spirits of th
Graham Downs
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
“Well, that escalated quickly!”

That’s the one phrase that kept popping into my head as I read this book.

For someone like me, growing up in the 80s and 90s, this book is absolute horror nostalgia! Dracula and the Exorcist, this is not. It’s also no Stephen King, with his super-complex characters and social dynamics. But that’s not necessarily a bad thing; it depends on what you want out of your horror.

This is the horror where someone’s walking along, minding his own business, and you blink and su
Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Twisted Family Tradition!

The Jackson Family of horrors!

Okay, I didn't read the blurb or anything. Picked this one up on a friend's recommendation alone. I am pleased to say this book was filled to the brim with small stories within the Jackson family, each more depraved than the next. Just when you think there's light at the end of the tunnel, you're blindsided with another dark secret flooding you in complete darkness! I gobbled this up. A suspenseful, gritty tale of family tradition. A eerie
Jamie
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I went into this book completely blind. I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

Buried is a unique story about the horrors that happened at Jackson Mansion. It is said that once you enter, you can never leave.

Alex and his crew set up camp to debunk the horrors that generations of past have talked about. What they don't expect is to witness these depraved acts for themselves.

Buried is a thrilling ride from the first page to the last. There are explicit, heart stopping scenes that left me wan
Diane Box
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Karen - Kazza's Books Blog
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta-read
What a unique story. To be Buried but not in the traditional sense.
The gruesome events that happen at the Jackson Mansion are going to give you the all mother of nightmares. The scandles and debauchary acts that made the mansion so famous are both horrific and sensual.
Buried has made it to my number 1 favourite from Sian. The Culling is now number 2.
Sian has really found her niche in the writing world and I just can’t wait for her next book.
Ondeane Lourens
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you enjoy horror and unhappy endings, then you will love this book. Sian is very descriptive in her story and it really sets the scene for all the horrors that follow.

Just when you think someone may be making in out of the mansion, she twists the story. I don't usually read horror, but this book was a good 'first horror' book.

Sian's imagination holds no bounds!
Michelle
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
So dark and disturbing. I was hooked from the first word. Although i didnt like the references to satan it was gripping; horribly so. I am not a horror fan but it was great. The narration was great and absolutely fitting with the other sound effects as well.
Keirsa
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wow wow wow.......
Joan
Mar 18, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
This was a good old fashioned horror story and I really liked the ending. Quite twisted and entertaining at the same time.
Lonnie Armenta
Mar 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: done
A little freaky, a little unsettling and a little dirty. But very good story, Dam, but this book had me until the last sentence. I’m yelling at the people, "don’t do it, don’t don’t go in there!!” A group of TV ghost hunters are invited to a underground mansion, to prove that ghosts aren’t real. And after a cave-in its a fight to get out alive.
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
3.5 Cranky Stars

I really really really like gory horror novels.

I love books with a rich backstory and twists and turns. Maybe some folklore and ghosts. This book has all of that. I love how the different tragic occurrences at this one haunted location are revealed individually showcasing it's seriously disturbing past. It was hard to put this book down. The story was legitimately scary.

The one complaint I have is with the characters themselves. Some of the group in this book go beyond making a
Lou
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m not entirely sure I have the words to do this book the justice it deserves. I’ve been left utterly speechless!
Buried takes us into the heart of the Jackson Mansion. It follows Alex and his team of Paranormal Investigators as they are finally allowed access to film inside the mansion. The aim of Alex and his team is to spend time in the mansion and disprove all of the horrific scandals that this mansion is surrounded by. I think Alex and the team got a lot more than they ever bargained for!
Th
Jackie
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic story. Reminiscent of The Shining, Sian has in this story managed to frighten me (I don’t scare easily) raise goose bumps and flabbergast me. I found myself cheering some of the characters on and being absolutely horrified at the same time. Fantastic. Her earlier work is just a taste of what they will enjoy from Buried. Sian has really hit her stride with this book. Well written as always but so much more developed and if even possible, more sick than what we have had from her. ...more
Dawn Yarrow
Aug 21, 2019 rated it liked it
I went into this book blind, i hadn't read the blurb or even saw the cover before starting it so had no clue what it was based on.
The story is based on a set of Ghost hunters who have access to a well known underground Manor with tales of paranormal history spanning decades which they are trying to disprove but will they be lucky in their mission?

I was asked to read an ARC of this book by the author and give her my honest feedback which i have done privately. I will update my review once the b
Teresa Juckett (Give Me All The Book's)
This is my first story from this arthur and wow what a fantastic book. I had been looking for a scary, creepy story to read and this book had it in spades. From page 1 to the end this book had me hooked from the start. I'm so glad I was given the chance to read this book. This is definitely one that you'll want to one click.
LORRIE
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
AMAZIG!!!! This book was creepy, chilling and so thrilling
Anie
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of the best horror books I ever read!

It's so... scary & graphic & the story stays in your head forever. SO GOOD! It's the perfect book to read right in time for Halloween. :)

Group of reporters are going to explore an underground mansion, that supposed to be haunted. Local legends talk about the ghosts, and the curse of the owners and they are on the emission to film and research an essentially overthrow all the rumors. Well, it didn't go as planned. :)

When they get in, they start to explore
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Really WOW this book has to be the best book to date from this author.

This one is creepy and twisted and tells of a paranormal group that go to investigate Jackson Mansion determined to uncover the secrets of it's past with it tales of horrific things that have gone on in there. I not going to go into details of this book you have to read for yourself but you are in for one heck of a ride.
Theresa Ritchie
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Must read

Sian this book was amazing loved it so much its certainly my number one book of 2019 as much as I love your other books this book certainly was amazing . Being dying for this book since sian mentioned it was totally worth the wait read it in one go if you haven't read it yet then highly recommend it check out sian others books aswell
John Watson
Dec 13, 2019
Karen
Oct 25, 2019
Elizabeth Ferraris
Mar 04, 2020

• Devious Resolutions
  • Awake The Series
  • Voodoo Butterfly (Voodoo Butterfly, #1)
  • Delinquent Demons (Paranormal Prison)
  • The Dream Drinker (Blood Magic #2)
  • Credence
  • Prey (Omega Prey, #1)
  • The Housekeeper
  • How the Mind Breaks
  • The Sandman (Sandman Audible Original, #1)
  • Perfect Denial (Stonewood Saga #1)
  • Jasmine
  • Hate Crush
  • Hurt Me
  • Crazy Broken Love
  • Volatile Love (The Gilded Sovereign, #2)
  • The Hidden (Shadowed Wings, #1)
  • Athena's Child
Born in South Africa, in the heart of Johannesburg, Sian Claven grew up with a vivid imagination. When she wasn't immersing herself in books, she was actively creating her own stories.

At 29 years old, left to her own devices after her sister immigrated, Sian, wrote her first horror book Ensnared and dared to publish it under the guidance of indie authors Toni Cox and Ashleigh Giannaccaro.

Now she