Start by marking “Dating Nashville (Discovering Me, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dating Nashville (Discovering Me, #1)

Dating Nashville

(Dating Him #1)

Becks:

How does a straight guy accidentally come out as gay to the entire country music world?
I’ll get back to you when I know the answer.
It all happened so fast. One moment, my best friend’s little brother is standing in a sea of people as his boyfriend breaks his heart. Again.
The next, I’m jumping off stage mid-concert to give him the kiss of his life—

Published September 22nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Dating Nashville, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dating Nashville

Start your review of Dating Nashville (Discovering Me, #1)
Rach
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have read all of the previous books by these authors. They are YA.

It hinted at something between Becks and Nicky in the previous series. Becks tries to help Nicky out of a situation and their relationship starts from there. I loved both characters and they both had troubles in their lives. It ends with a HEA. A lot of the previous characters that where in the redefining Me series appear in this book as well.

The book isn’t just romance, it’s about family and friends.

The next book will be abou
Susan
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm
Boy, this book was all angst. What a disappointment.

Halfway through this book I started to realize how little time these two guys actually spend together. There was no real romance, only issues between them which they angsted about by themselves or with friends. But never together. I think I can count the scenes where they actually spend time together on one hand.

Becket is a famous country singer from a small town who sees one of his childhood friends struggling with a breakup. When Nicky’s ex c
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
There seems to be a growing trend in books billed as romance that really aren’t and Dating Nashville falls into that trend. Yes, the two main characters wind up together in the end, but they spend a good 85% of the book not together and that is not okay with me. As for the message of finding yourself, discovering a love you didn’t expect, and acceptance this book did a beautiful job but as a romance in my opinion it failed.

It has been two years since Beckett Anderson left his small hometown, mov
Sabrina
Oct 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

I enjoyed this story overall, but I couldn't help and want more of these characters. I felt like I didn't' really get to know them as a couple in the book and it made it hard to connect with them. Beck was going through something big and lot of the focus was on that, but as a result that left Nicky in the background and their relationship almost nonexistent. I guess I was just looking for more of them figuring it out together instead of separated.
Kelsie ♡
Since I skimmed so much I’m going to refrain from rating, but I did not like this.

- Miscommunications galore
- Very little communication at all
- lots of emotional back and forth. Make up your damn minds.
- Basically everyone was a huge drama llama
- Too many characters. It’s clear this is a spin-off and you feel plonked down into the middle of the story.
- lots of telling not showing. The MCs are supposed to have had this great connection, but I don’t see any evidence of that at all
- I found neit
Reyes
Beware the free books with cute blurbs... After my last book I was in desperate need of some popcorn, and a fake relationship between a country star and his best friend's brother sounded like the perfect palate cleanser, but is it really a fake relationship if they only have two very awkward interviews and an even more awkward date?? There were a couple of cute moments, but this book was basically all over the place, all the time. At one point Becks even enlists the help of the son of the presid ...more
Candyce Kirk
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We have already met Becks and Nicky in the authors' previous series and both of these characters left me wanting more. I was really happy when they announced this spinoff. Dating Nashville starts a couple of years after the Redefining Me series ended and we get to see where a lot of these characters have gone and what they're doing.

Just as predicted Becks and Nari are making music and actually pretty famous. They're still finding their way and figuring everything out. In a lot of cases the PR pe
Lissa Hawley
Aug 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review may be a little confusing. (Probably because I am a little confused.) For a book billed as a romance, the romance is really the least emphasized part of this book.

It is a book about family, and fame, and finding yourself (and I wasn't going for alliteration until about halfway through that sentence).

The messages in this book are beautiful and well done. My only quibble is I would have liked a few more moments of the MCs acting in love/falling in love, instead of just fighting the fa
Natasha Clark-French
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book because the characters are personable and the topic is incredibly relevant in this era. I believe this book could help someone whose struggling with their sexuality or maybe didn't even think to question it. This serious topic is balanced with the sweet personalities and truly heartfelt moments. The epilogue even made me tear up a bit.
As much as I enjoyed this book I won't be rereading it simply because it was just super predictable. I already knew the ending b
Maddy
This was one of the most ridiculous things I have read this year. Yes, the year has just started, but I have read over a hundred books already and this might just take the cake as one of the most ridiculous, childish and unrealistic books of the year.

Both characters were ridiculous and so childish I was waiting for one of them to require a diaper change. The temper tantrums, juvenile attitude and ridiculous YA angst level was getting on my nerves so much I struggled to muddle through the fragm
Cait Marie
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you read the first series, Redefining Me, you got a glimpse at these characters and probably love them just from those small appearances. I know I did, and I was beyond excited when I heard they were getting their own book.

It did not disappoint.

This book is everything. I absolutely love it and already know it’s going to make the top ten list of 2019. It was funny and made me laugh because, let’s face it, Becks’s sarcasm and attitude is just the best, BUT it also had a lot of serious plot poin
Georgia
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy for an honest review. This was one of the most beautiful stories I’ve ever read. I’m still crying. I love Becks so much and Nicky is amazing. My heart broke so many times during this story but always kept getting patched up again. This is an amazing story about two people realizing that what they have is love defined by love and not labels. Everyone needs this in their life. I cannot wait for the next one because I think Asher might be my next favorite character. He seems ...more
Lauren
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by these authors and it didnt disappoint. Both Becks and Nicky seem like real life people and it shows the everyday struggles of someone not sure about there sexuality. This book will have you all in your feels and wondering whats gonna happen and if they'll figure it all out. It was hard seeing them try to navigate through the media and everything to figure out there lives. Asher plays a big roll in this and I can't wait to read his book next. ...more
Jamie Lee Zonneveld
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dating Nashville is the first book in the Discovering me series by Ann Maree Craven en Michelle MacQueen. It was my first book by these authors and what an amazing first experience. This book is so well written and the story is amazing. Nicky and Becks pull at your heart strings. I love them! Can't wait to read Asher's story! ...more
Sylvia
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5☆

Cute Friends to lovers story.

Jadyen (jayjaysbooknook)
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is a very sweet book. I loved the character growth and how they discovered their own voice as the story progressed
Beth Rodgers
Jun 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
'Dating Nashville' by Michelle MacQueen and Ann Maree Craven follows some of the same characters that graced the pages of Macqueen's and Craven's 'Redefining Me' series. Beckett (Becks) Anderson and Nicky St. Germaine are the two main characters in this novel about finding one's own truth and coming at it with a vengeance.

When Becks left town a couple of years before to move to Nashville with his friend Nari and her boyfriend Avery, the three friends felt they made the right call. Becks didn't l
Shana
Mar 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Full marks for a book about discovering who you are. For a romance, though…

Nicky was difficult for me to get a read on. He apparently had a crush on Beckett, who he considered a friend, since high school, but I never really got the sense of either a crush or friendship, at least not at the start. In truth, I found him a little annoying; he seemed cheerless throughout most of the book. Yes, he was in a stressful situation, but he seemed like more of a stick in the mud than anything, and just not
Fanni's So Many Books
Feb 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Absolute love!
There were so many emotions in this slow burn M/M romance that it gradually buried it's way into my heart.

I truly loved this love story about Becks, country singer and his friend/fake boyfriend, Nicky.

The story was slowburn, full of questining one's decisions and feelings, dealing with rejection, fearing not being good or simply enough, battling the vultures that are the paparazzi, and dealing with the fallout of one impulsive act.

The characters were spot on.
Nicky the quiet, sweet
Ruth Kamau
Mar 08, 2021 rated it did not like it
Wendell Hennan
Feb 26, 2021 rated it it was ok
Nicky is the gay younger brother to Avery, best friend of Beckett, a country and western singer on the rise. Nicky has been in a relationship for 2 years with Kenny, the son of a senator who is not out and he dumps Nicky for a girl and Nicky is shattered. Beckett always felt close to Nicky and when he sees Nicky being taunted by Kenny and his new gf, he jumps off the stage mid concert and gives Nicky a kiss to show Kenny that Nicky can do better.

Likeable characters but the constant media barrage
Brianne McCallum
Nov 19, 2020 rated it liked it
The plot premise is one of my favs (fake relationships and best friends brother) and the story was interesting enough. I just felt like there needed to be a big YA warning. I didn't get that feel from the blurb or I would or passed on it. The characters were a bit too young and immature for my liking and Beckett irked me at the start as being really selfish. Like I say perhaps just a matter of wrong target audience so to be fair im giving it a neutral 3 rating.

I received a free copy of this book
Kelsey Yost
Feb 24, 2021 rated it did not like it
Unrealistic

This book suffers from a lack of any kind of realism, and not in the romantic, I'm swept away by this beautiful love kind of way. The characters were flat and the main love interest barely interacted with each other, which makes believing they even like each other a stretch. How they end up in their situation, the reaction of the country music industry, fans, family, etc, all felt contrived and shoe horned in to fit the authors' ideas, instead of allowing it to be organic. Overall, wh
Leah
Mar 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Dating Nashville Review

All throughout the Redefining Me series I was hoping that Nicky and Becks would end up together. I never dreamed I’d get to read the whole book.

Nicky is the perfect laid back and sensitive counterpart to Becks’ over the top performer attitude. It was wonderful to read about their blossoming relationship.

Overall a good read I’ll be reading the next book in the series.
Natalie
Feb 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own, kindle
This was a sweet (not at all steamy) romance. The "fake relationship turns real" plot seems overdone but maybe because it is just so satisfying to watch two people realize it is real individually and then get through the mixed signals and miscommunication.

Who knows. I just know I really liked this book and the characters.
Gustaf
This is marketed as a sweet read? Well, I didn't find that sweet. There was so much happening and so much drama. I'm surprised I finished it.

Both Nicky and Becks were childish and unlikeable.

I had high hopes for this one, it sounded like it would be a sweet read. I was let down. Massively. I probably will read the second book since Asher was the only person I liked.
Sascz Herrmann
Feb 26, 2021 rated it liked it
I might have enjoyed it if it weren't one of a HUGE series...

This says book 1, but the series it's the first of is a companion series to what I'm guessing must be a large number of other books. This book didn't stand alone very well.
Pamela Daake
Mar 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent Read!

I cried, I laughed, and I loved this story! This is a brother's best friend story with country music thrown in the mix. It is about family, found, family, heartache and heartbreak. I lived this book!
Tad
Apr 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
Sweet if a bit contrived. I liked that this was a gay romance novel with no sex scenes. There was something refreshing about that for some reason. Nothing too groundbreaking about this one. But it was enjoyable and a very quick read. Plus, if you like country music, it’s got that element as well.
Greg Petruska
May 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
easy read that I was able to power through in a few short hours...while the story is good, things happen fast and with not a lot of time spent together by the main characters...but it is a HEA and a feel good story...so extra points.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Thorned Heart (Famous)
  • Naughty & Nice (Love Notes, #2)
  • Featherbed (Vino & Veritas, #1)
  • Hard Truths
  • The Faker Rulebook
  • Teddy Spenser Isn't Looking for Love: An LGBTQ Romcom
  • Headstrong (Vino & Veritas, #3)
  • Jesse and the Ice Princess (Gulf City High, #1)
  • Fandom (Famous, #3)
  • The C Word (Redefining Me #3)
  • Forget Me Not
  • The F Word (Redefining Me #1)
  • The Endgame
  • Mr. Uptight
  • Wrangling a Groom (Marital Bliss, #2)
  • Stud (Four Bears Construction #5)
  • Roman and the Hopeless Romantic (Gulf City High #2)
  • The Night Of

Dating Him (3 books)
  • Dating Washington (Discovering Me, #2)
  • Dating Texas (Discovering Me, #3)