Start by marking “Dating Nashville (Discovering Me, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dating Nashville (Discovering Me, #1)

Dating Nashville

(Discovering Me #1)

Becks:

How does a straight guy accidentally come out as gay to the entire country music world?
Ill get back to you when I know the answer.
It all happened so fast. One moment, my best friends little brother is standing in a sea of people as his boyfriend breaks his heart. Again.
The next, Im jumping off stage mid-concert to give him the kiss of his lifeor maybe the

Published September 22nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Dating Nashville, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dating Nashville

Start your review of Dating Nashville (Discovering Me, #1)
Rach
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have read all of the previous books by these authors. They are YA.

It hinted at something between Becks and Nicky in the previous series. Becks tries to help Nicky out of a situation and their relationship starts from there. I loved both characters and they both had troubles in their lives. It ends with a HEA. A lot of the previous characters that where in the redefining Me series appear in this book as well.

The book isnt just romance, its about family and friends.

The next book will be about
Susan
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm
Boy, this book was all angst. What a disappointment.

Halfway through this book I started to realize how little time these two guys actually spend together. There was no real romance, only issues between them which they angsted about by themselves or with friends. But never together. I think I can count the scenes where they actually spend time together on one hand.

Becket is a famous country singer from a small town who sees one of his childhood friends struggling with a breakup. When Nickys ex
Sabrina
Oct 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

I enjoyed this story overall, but I couldn't help and want more of these characters. I felt like I didn't' really get to know them as a couple in the book and it made it hard to connect with them. Beck was going through something big and lot of the focus was on that, but as a result that left Nicky in the background and their relationship almost nonexistent. I guess I was just looking for more of them figuring it out together instead of separated.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
There seems to be a growing trend in books billed as romance that really arent and Dating Nashville falls into that trend. Yes, the two main characters wind up together in the end, but they spend a good 85% of the book not together and that is not okay with me. As for the message of finding yourself, discovering a love you didnt expect, and acceptance this book did a beautiful job but as a romance in my opinion it failed.

It has been two years since Beckett Anderson left his small hometown, moved
Kelsie
Sep 25, 2019 added it
Shelves: just-plain-bad
Since I skimmed so much Im going to refrain from rating, but I did not like this.

- Miscommunications galore
- Very little communication at all
- lots of emotional back and forth. Make up your damn minds.
- Basically everyone was a huge drama llama
- Too many characters. Its clear this is a spin-off and you feel plonked down into the middle of the story.
- lots of telling not showing. The MCs are supposed to have had this great connection, but I dont see any evidence of that at all
- I found neither
Candyce Kirk
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We have already met Becks and Nicky in the authors' previous series and both of these characters left me wanting more. I was really happy when they announced this spinoff. Dating Nashville starts a couple of years after the Redefining Me series ended and we get to see where a lot of these characters have gone and what they're doing.

Just as predicted Becks and Nari are making music and actually pretty famous. They're still finding their way and figuring everything out. In a lot of cases the PR
Natasha Clark-French
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book because the characters are personable and the topic is incredibly relevant in this era. I believe this book could help someone whose struggling with their sexuality or maybe didn't even think to question it. This serious topic is balanced with the sweet personalities and truly heartfelt moments. The epilogue even made me tear up a bit.
As much as I enjoyed this book I won't be rereading it simply because it was just super predictable. I already knew the ending
Lissa Hawley
Aug 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review may be a little confusing. (Probably because I am a little confused.) For a book billed as a romance, the romance is really the least emphasized part of this book.

It is a book about family, and fame, and finding yourself (and I wasn't going for alliteration until about halfway through that sentence).

The messages in this book are beautiful and well done. My only quibble is I would have liked a few more moments of the MCs acting in love/falling in love, instead of just fighting the
Cait Marie
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you read the first series, Redefining Me, you got a glimpse at these characters and probably love them just from those small appearances. I know I did, and I was beyond excited when I heard they were getting their own book.

It did not disappoint.

This book is everything. I absolutely love it and already know its going to make the top ten list of 2019. It was funny and made me laugh because, lets face it, Beckss sarcasm and attitude is just the best, BUT it also had a lot of serious plot points.
Georgia
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy for an honest review. This was one of the most beautiful stories Ive ever read. Im still crying. I love Becks so much and Nicky is amazing. My heart broke so many times during this story but always kept getting patched up again. This is an amazing story about two people realizing that what they have is love defined by love and not labels. Everyone needs this in their life. I cannot wait for the next one because I think Asher might be my next favorite character. He seems ...more
Lauren
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by these authors and it didnt disappoint. Both Becks and Nicky seem like real life people and it shows the everyday struggles of someone not sure about there sexuality. This book will have you all in your feels and wondering whats gonna happen and if they'll figure it all out. It was hard seeing them try to navigate through the media and everything to figure out there lives. Asher plays a big roll in this and I can't wait to read his book next.
Jamie Lee Zonneveld
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dating Nashville is the first book in the Discovering me series by Ann Maree Craven en Michelle MacQueen. It was my first book by these authors and what an amazing first experience. This book is so well written and the story is amazing. Nicky and Becks pull at your heart strings. I love them! Can't wait to read Asher's story!
Jadyen (jayjaysbooknook)
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is a very sweet book. I loved the character growth and how they discovered their own voice as the story progressed
Sylvia
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5☆

Cute Friends to lovers story.

Shana
Mar 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Full marks for a book about discovering who you are. For a romance, though

Nicky was difficult for me to get a read on. He apparently had a crush on Beckett, who he considered a friend, since high school, but I never really got the sense of either a crush or friendship, at least not at the start. In truth, I found him a little annoying; he seemed cheerless throughout most of the book. Yes, he was in a stressful situation, but he seemed like more of a stick in the mud than anything, and just not
Leah
Mar 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Dating Nashville Review

All throughout the Redefining Me series I was hoping that Nicky and Becks would end up together. I never dreamed Id get to read the whole book.

Nicky is the perfect laid back and sensitive counterpart to Becks over the top performer attitude. It was wonderful to read about their blossoming relationship.

Overall a good read Ill be reading the next book in the series.
Melanie Hooyenga
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

As always, the cast of characters by these authors are amazing and there's a lot of depth to them all. I haven't read the Redefining Me series but I'm definitely curious to read the rest of their stories! My only nitpick is I wish there was more on-screen romance with these two! I loved them and wanted mooooorrrrreeeeee....
Sofie Sehested
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I wish this world would stop defining people based on each persons narrow understanding of love

Gay, straight, bi, pan, however you want to define yourself doesnt matter to me, Beckett Anderson. I love you for you.

I loved this book about Beckett Anderson, an up and coming country star and Nicky st. Germaine, Becketts best friend Averys younger brother.
We have meet most of the characters in the Redefining me series so this is a follow up series following the friends and their friends and
Saundra Wright
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful spinoff of the authors series Redefining Me. It is a beautifully written MM story of discovering yourself and your sexual identity. Both trendy and touching this is the beginning of a whole new series from this talented duo.

What happened with Nari and Becks when they moved to Nashville? Did they find their dream come true of a recording career? This is Becks story, his life now and how things change for him when he gets a chance for true happiness.

It is two years after the
Caroline
5 Stars

Talk about a slow burn book! This book made me feel so many things and I loved how it showed the hard side of being famous and not the side with the money, parties and all that I often read in other rockstar books. This book truly highlighted why I never want to be famous but at the same time also showed how important friends and family is and that it takes much more than one person to make on person famous.

I loved Nicky from the beginning he is so sweet and the perfect down to earth
Maria
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Redefining yourself is very hard and tricky

That's my first read touching MM relationship. I was quite reluctant to reach for such books especially in the romance category. Not sure why though. But when I saw who wrote this book and about which character it will be I decided I will give it a try, especially that I already knew them from the "Redefining Me" books series. This one should be easily part of the series as the subject is really about discovering own sexuality, feelings and being in
Angela's Book Addiction
Dating Nashville (Discovering Me Book 1) by Michelle MacQueen and Ann Maree Craven is a contemporary, young adult, M/M romance told in third person, dual POV. It's a spin-off from the Redefining Me series, and I'd recommend reading those books first because they provide important history and foundation into the characters that are featured in this story.

What happens when a straight, country music star publicly kisses his best friend's gay little brother in an attempt to help him? This is how
Brittany Smith
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
And I thought it couldnt get any better!!

So far Ive been lucky to read every book in this series and Im saying with absolute certainty that this is my favourite (so far!!)

I love how all the characters are intertwined in each others lives. They all play a role in each others lives and complete them in their own special way. They are rich and full and I wish they were my friends! They have great depth and are supremely relatable.

Becks was always one of my favourites characters so I was thrilled to
Maggie
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-read

I had little expectations when I started Dating Nashville as the authors are new to me. I thought I was getting a funny and light MM romance based on the book blurb. However, what I got was a clean YA title that focused on family, friends and finding your self/sexuality. Even though what I got was totally not what I anticipated, I did enjoyed Becks and Nickys beautifully heart wrenching journey to their HEA. The characters were flaw but realistic and their struggles were relevant. On
Lindsy
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. I feel like I could actually relate to this story and how Becks was feeling.
I have liked Becks and Nicky from the beginning when I met them in the other book series but honestly I wasnt expecting this. I still thought this was a cute story though but it was a little odd that all of a sudden they finally realized they had feelings for each other. Again it was nice to be able to relate to Becks and his feelings though.
I wish they had been able to go on an actual date and to
Dolores
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I recieved this book for Free to Give My True & Honest Review.

This is my first book I've read by Michele MacQueen & Ann Maree Craven & it was heartblowing out there.
It's about these 2 families who's siblings are best friends with each other.
We have the new up and coming Country singer Beckett 'Becks' his younger sister Wylder & the St. Germane brothers Becks best friend Avery & his younger brother Nicky who is Wylder's next friend.
And this love story is about how the love
Lenna  Wright-Berry
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It all started with a kiss from a straight country singer Becks Anderson laid on his best friends little brother Nicky at a music festival in their small home town. It leads in to a PR story of Lies and private , shy and a new high school graduate will be dragged along for the story. Becks didnt want to but he dragged Nicky along just to keep his career going and his fan base, not caring about Nicky. Nicky has secretly been in love with Beck with they met when Becks was a sophomore, Nicky is 2 ...more
Jenn
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
These authors are new to me, and this may have been my first book but it definitely wont be my last! I really enjoyed these characters and their story. I felt like I really got to know this group and was definitely invested in them. I liked that the focus of this story was not just the romance, but more about finding yourself and loving yourself and connecting that with the family and friends around you. (At least that was how it made me feel!)

Becks and Nicky both are facing struggles in life,
Keisha
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read the Redefining Me series prior to reading this book. The series is one that I highly recommend. So, when I saw the opportunity to read Becks story, I immediately took the chance without even reading the synopsis.

I was a liitle shocked when I realized this was also Nicky's story. Once I got past that, I felt like I was on a rollercoaster of self discover through Becks. I don't think I connected as well with this story (felt like witnessing a circus act at some points) but I felt the story
Jessica Landberg
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
« previous 1 3 next »

• Five Fake Dates
  • The C Word (Redefining Me #3)
  • Jesse and the Ice Princess (Gulf City High Book 1)
  • Troublemaker (Goode Boys #1)
  • The N Word (Redefining Me #2)
  • The F Word (Redefining Me #1)
  • Roman and the Hopeless Romantic
  • Rocket Science (Love Logic, #1)
  • Heteroflexible (Spruce Texas #3)
  • The One Decent Thing
  • I'm Straight, Right?
  • May the Best Man Win
  • Unscripted
  • The Rivalry
  • Virgin Flyer
  • After the Crash (Small Town Hearts, #1)
  • Faking Alec (Blooming Desire, #1)
  • Making the Naughty List

Discovering Me (3 books)
  • Dating Washington (Discovering Me, #2)
  • Dating Texas (Discovering Me, #3)