Start by marking “Archer” as Want to Read:
Archer

Archer

Mistakes are meant to be made and sometimes promises are broken. But for two young teenagers, one awful mistake turns their entire lives upside down. A normal summer night turns into a horrifying nightmare when everything Lena and Janine knew, loved, and cherished was taken away from them. In the blink of an eye, two innocent hearts are shattered into pieces.

An unexpected
Published March 23rd 2020

To ask other readers questions about Archer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Archer

Start your review of Archer
Dawn Hosmer
Jun 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a beautiful and heartwarming story about family, friendship, forgiveness, healing and redemption. The author did a wonderful job of creating realistic characters that I felt invested in, as well as a plot that kept me turning the pages. Jeffreys touched on some heavy topics, like racism and sexual assault, but did it in a way that was relevant and heartwrenching. I look forward to reading more by this author.
Debi Ford
May 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a very heart-warming story. It captured my interest from the first page to the last. I loved it and I did not want it to end.
Jacklynn Graham
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic read about adversity, the power of forgiveness, and the true meaning of love. This book takes you on a journey about the interconnectivity of our actions, choices, and how these choices change our lives. This was a simplistic, but powerful read that tackles core issues like racism, biases, forgiveness, and the power of choice.
Vibeke
Apr 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not really one for contemporary fiction, but I'm glad I took a chance on this one!

When her family bonds pull her back to the hometown she left behind almost 25 years ago, Lena is forced to face the betrayal and trauma that caused her to leave in the first place.

Mira Jeffreys does a wonderful job creating characters and establishing relationships, especially between Lena and her daughter Nadia. The secrets the characters kept were well paced and I enjoyed trying to guess what they were. Wanti
Nina Szudzik
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Archer blew me away! I’m not familiar with Mira’s work and I only knew that the plot hid a secret. This was an emotion, heart-wrenching tale that sped along like a roller coaster. There were turns I didn’t see and I was terrified there wouldn’t be a way to save Lena and Nadia. Reaching the final page, I was content and grateful for having read such a powerful book. I don’t want to give anything away, but Mira does a beautiful job exploring pain, betrayal, redemption, pure evil, and racism. It wo ...more
Judy Ferrell
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When friends return to Archer to care for Big Mama the past collided with the present. In this take of romance and pain Mira Jeffreys has given us a look at the South and the prejudice sometimes found there. Ms. Jeffreys has given us an easy to read book that I enjoyed immensely. I would recommend it to anyone.
James
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I haven't been able to pleasure read for almost 20 years. But I am SOOO glad that I resumed with this book! It has to be one of the best novels I've ever read. Mira Jeffreys managed to tell the story in such a way that I couldn't put it down! What I liked most was that just when everything seemed pretty much resolved and it seemed to be coming to an end... Then, BAM!!! One of the best and most exciting parts of the whole novel occurs. I am officially a Mira Jeffreys fan now. Can't wait for her n ...more
Mia Pritchett
Jun 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So many emotions in this story. It was raw and heartfelt with a lovely ending of redemption and forgiveness. The characters are so enjoyable drawing you in like you are a part of their family.
Corinda Johnson
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Great characters! Held my attention from start to finish! I was sent s free book to review. I read allot and I have to say this is the best book I've read in a long time. No bad language so I didn't have to worry about people I recommended the book to bring offended!! Great story! Can't wait for the next book!!
Alisha Ard
Jun 13, 2020
Pugugly
rated it did not like it
Jul 27, 2020
Oct 18, 2020

• Manifest Now
  • The Practice of Creative Writing: A Guide for Students
  • Dear Universe: 200 Mini-Meditations for Instant Manifestations
  • The Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire: Harnessing the Infinite Power of Coincidence
  • Creative Visualization: Use the Power of Your Imagination to Create What You Want in Your Life
  • Dark Flowers
  • My Inventions
  • Creating Affluence: The A-to-Z Steps to a Richer Life
  • Same Kind of Different as Me: A Modern-Day Slave, an International Art Dealer, and the Unlikely Woman Who Bound Them Together
  • The Toybox
  • Chasing Vega (The Jessica Ramirez Thrillers Book 1)
  • The Passage (The Passage, #1)
  • There Are Only Four (The Competition Archives Book #1)
  • The Twelve (The Passage, #2)
  • The City of Mirrors (The Passage, #3)
  • Uprooted
  • The Year Marjorie Moore Learned to Live
  • The Vampire's Mail Order Bride (Nocturne Falls, #1)
I consider myself to be an easygoing individual who desires to find the good in humanity as a whole. That desire is often revealed in my short stories. I believe that good conquers evil and love heals all.

I live in a small town in Kansas. I enjoy writing. Writing is my “happy pill”. From the time I was first published at the age of eight, my passion for writing has been the driving force behind my

News & Interviews