Start by marking “I Have Everything I Need” as Want to Read:
I Have Everything I Need

I Have Everything I Need

2 people, 2 years, 20 countries: Trading leisure and enlightenment for sunburns, scars, and blisters. This book details an attempted thru-hike of the Pacific Crest Trail, traveling across the USA twice, and exploring nineteen European countries in four months, including riding a flea market bike from Vienna to Budapest.
Published October 10th 2019 by Blurb

To ask other readers questions about I Have Everything I Need, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Have Everything I Need

Start your review of I Have Everything I Need
Danny McGee
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of the best travel books I have ever read, a must for anyone thinking of hosteling and traveling Europe or living months on end out of a back pack. A truly inspiring autobiography, I can’t say enough on how much I enjoyed “I have everything I need” and looking forward to the next adventure from Bridget and Tim.
Antonio Mackintosh
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was a super refreshing and easy read. As somebody who considers myself a writer, I think a lot about how to captivate my audience and truly tell a good story that people can relate too. I believe sometimes as artists we tend to try really hard to be somebody or say something important, when the best way to relate is to find some way to tell a true story with an authentic voice, and Bridget nailed that. I felt like a friend spent hundreds of pages regaling me with stories of her travels ...more
Cassie Swindle
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you’re looking for a unique perspective on travel, this is the book for you! The author covers hundreds of miles through the U.S. and Europe on roads far less travelled than anything found in your typical “big adventure, Eat, Pray, Love” cliché travel memoir, and the twists and turns she encounters along the way bring an honesty to the experience so often lost in this genre. I loved reading how she and her partner valued experiences and human connections over luxury and normal tourism traps, ...more
Hannah
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As romantic as sleeping under a tarp in a ditch next to a castle, as friendly as meeting your old punkhouse neighbors halfway across the world - and as funny as even the worst, coldest wet-shoe travel days become in your memory.
Ronnie Theroux
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Once I started reading this book, I couldn’t put it down. I never thought reading about this young couples’ travels would be so entertaining but the author, being a brilliant writer, also has a wonderful sense of humor. You can learn a lot through how these two traveled the Pacific Crest Trail and 19 countries in Europe. She takes you through what it’s like to travel these countries on a tight budget and the reality of what was a well planned 4 month trip, doesn’t always end up how you planned i ...more
Dionna Bell
Aug 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is such a fun book, it was tough to put down. It's an absolute must read for those who enjoy or can appreciate more unconventional means of adventuring and traveling. Bridget's account of small details that most people forget or don't notice at all really do a great job at making you feel like you're along for the ride the whole way and take travel reading to a new and refreshing level. I have everything I need is so authentic and will inspire you to go on an awesome adventure your own way ...more
Morgan Wren
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction, travel
When I ask my friends about a trip they went on this is the level of detail I wish I got in our conversation! A very real depiction of traveling the PCT and Europe. It sounds like a trip I would have taken, and makes me yearn to get out the world as soon as possible!
Michaela
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Finally a travel book worth reading, where the author has both the complications and richness of personality that come with a few years of life experience under her belt. Loved the work they did to realize their dreams and the uniqueness of their travel perspective. Felt a warm rush of memory when they visited places I had, and felt joy of discovering new places with them.
Adam
Nov 03, 2019
Shirley
Dec 26, 2019
Bridget
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Kayla Greet
Nancy
Oct 19, 2019

• Greater Than a Tourist- Bali Indonesia: 50 Travel Tips from a Local
  • The Flight Attendant
  • Exile (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #2)
  • From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler
  • Build Your Running Body: A Total-Body Fitness Plan for All Distance Runners, from Milers to Ultramarathoners—Run Farther, Faster, and Injury-Free
  • The Great Typo Hunt: Two Friends Changing the World, One Correction at a Time
  • Frindle
  • Lonely Planet Mauritius Reunion & Seychelles (Travel Guide)
  • Greater Than a Tourist- Singapore: 50 Travel Tips from a Local
  • The Return of the King (The Lord of the Rings, #3)
  • A Field Guide to the Aliens of Star Trek: The Next Generation
  • Spiritual Nomad: A Journey Within And Abroad
  • The Two Towers (The Lord of the Rings, #2)
  • Road Seven
  • The Lord of the Rings (The Lord of the Rings, #1-3)
  • Don't Look Behind You! A Safari Guide's Encounters with Ravenous Lions, Stampeding Elephants, and Lovesick Rhinos
  • What I Talk About When I Talk About Running
  • Blindspot: Hidden Biases of Good People
Professional photographer, printmaker, Pacific Crest Trail thru-hike failure, flea-market-bike-tourer, beer drinker, self-published writer, and dog rescuer.

News & Interviews